- Text Size +

Doris Murdock had come to pick up her son. She also got to meet Valerie Johnson, and her reaction was the same as when she met Dana earlier, almost complete shock. Two women, nearly 7ft tall, and both still very feminine. She had thought her husband was exaggerating about the girls. But he was telling the truth. Matt was a little reluctant to leave, but he understood that Dana and her family would want to get ready for dinner.


Ordering pizza was on the menu. It was quick and easy, and neither Dan, nor Valerie, felt like cooking. And once the pie came, and everyone was seated and eating, all it took was for Valerie to mention Matt, and Dana couldn't stop talking about him. 


Dan looked at Valerie, who smiled and gave him a wink. He shook his head as he started laughing. Dana never noticed, as she continued with the Matt talk.


Once the meal was over, Dan called Bill, and once he answered, the phone went on speaker. Valerie asked him if he had time for a little talk. Bill said yes, and let them know that Donna was with him. Dan grinned.


With Dana at the table, and Bill on speaker, Valerie sprung the news. She was pregnant. Dana squealed, and asked her mom if she was serious. Valerie said yes. Bill stuttered, asking how could it be possible? Val cut Dan off, and decided to have a little fun. She explained to Bill that “when a man and woman love each other”, only for her son to protest that he wasn't a little kid, while Donna was laughing hysterically in the background.


Bill thought for a second and could only come up with a Wow! Donna said congratulations to Valerie, while Dana was heading to the wall phone to call Matt, but stopped before she dialed. She decided that she would tell him at school. And then she hugged her parents.


Bill told his parents that he was happy for them, but his tone let them know he was still in shock. Donna said that she was very happy for them, and that she couldn't wait to see them again.


Valerie said thank you and they all said their goodbyes and hung up. Dana was walking on air. She was going to be a big sister, something that she secretly wished for, and it was going to happen. 


She went to her room for the night, while Dan and Valerie made their way to the bedroom. She asked her husband if they could sleep on the floor, as the bed was now too small for her. He looked up into her eyes, took her hands and kissed them, and got the blankets and pillows, and laid the down as he made sure Valerie got comfortable. Then he laid down next to her, and offered to rub her back, which she gratefully appreciated. Soon both were out for the night. 


The alarm went off, and Dan was the first one up and moving. After his trip to the bathroom, he went out to the kitchen, got the coffee going, and started making breakfast. He had a bounce in his step. Valerie was going to have a baby! It was a miracle!


Valerie was next out of the bedroom. The smell of bacon hit her like a lioness getting a whiff of her prey. She looked down into Dan's eyes and smiled, then bent down to give him a kiss. That was something that she was still getting used to. Dan had always been so tall compared to her. Now it was reversed. And yet, he was still the same loving, caring man that she married.


The breakfast was delicious. Dan cleaned up while the girls finished getting ready for their day. The phone rang. It was a guy named Rich from work. He had paperwork to drop off with regards to Dan’s stock sale, and asked if it would be ok to stop by on the way into work. Dan said no problem.


Once the girls were ready, Dana was about to go out and wait for the bus, until she decided that she wanted to hug her parents. So Dan gave his girls a hug, which was a little awkward for him as he barely came up to the shoulders. But it made them all feel like a normal family.


Dana caught the bus, and Rich knocked on the door. Dan yelled into the bedroom to let Val know he was leaving, and once he placed the paperwork on the counter, followed his friend outside. 


They were talking briefly when the door opened and out came Valerie with something in her hand. She had Dan’s lunch bag, and wanted to make sure he had for work. Rich, who had met her years before, and remembered her being just over 5’, just stared blankly as she bent down to give her husband a kiss. 


Standing back up, she noticed it was Rich, and said hello with her usual warm smile. He just weakly said hello back, unable to take his eyes off of the tallest woman he had ever seen. 


Val said goodbye, and turned and got in her car to leave for work. Dan said to Rich that they should get going, but the man wasn't hearing a word spoken. Instead, his mind and eyes just watched the woman drive off.


Dana took her usual seat on the bus, sitting by herself. Actually, it was a three seat row, which helped, as it allowed her to sit more comfortably at an angle. Her friends would occasionally say hi, but what had started off as them thinking that Dana growing was cool, it soon became apparent that she would continue to do so, and that made them feel uncomfortable.


But Dana didn't mind. Matt would be waiting for her when the bus arrived, and that was what she cared about the most. She still couldn't get over the fact that he never said a word about it. It was like he just accepted it as natural, and he treated her like a lady.


Sure enough, the bus arrived and Matt was there. It was a beautiful early fall morning, and all the students decided to stay outside and enjoy the sunshine. However, Dana needed to get to her locker, and asked Matt if he wanted to join her. Matt couldn't have said yes fast enough, so they entered the nearly deserted hall. 


Dana had to crouch down to reach her locker, which was on the bottom row. As she was opening up the door, she told Matt that her mom was going to have a baby. She sounded so excited, and Matt was happy for her.


He just stood there while she was looking for what she needed. He said that it was going to be fun, her being a big sister, literally and figuratively. Dana looked up at him, and a smile came across her face. He made a joke! About her height! It made her feel more normal. 


She got what she needed, closed the door, and stood up, taking his hand and walking into the classroom. He asked her if she had a preference for a boy or girl, and Dana said it didn't matter to her. She was just hoping that the baby would be healthy.


They made their way to their desks, which were moved to the back. Since Dana was growing taller, she was blocking the vision of her classmates seated at the rear. So Matt asked the teacher if he could move his seat also. He wanted to be next to Dana.


Valerie parked her car, and bounded into the office. Bertha noticed the bounce in her step, and was curious. She approached the tall woman getting settled at her desk, and started a conversation that was mostly small talk at first.


Bertha commented on how well Valerie looked, and she told her boss thank you. Several other innocent topics were discussed, such as the weather, or the price of food. 


But ultimately, Val couldn't contain her excitement any longer. She had news, and asked Bertha to grab a chair.


Tiffany and Jeff were in another part of the office, when suddenly, they heard both women scream in loud voices. Thinking something was wrong, they rushed over to Valerie's desk, and saw tears of joy running down both women's faces.


They looked puzzled, and Val noticed. She looked at the young couple and announced that she was pregnant. Tiffany rushed to give her a hug, while Jeff told her congratulations. 


The mood in the office was suddenly brighter and more upbeat than usual. Bertha told Val that she didn't have to worry about needing any days off for Doctor appointments. It would be taken care of.


Val stood up and thanked her boss, and her friends. It had been a shock when she found out, but once that had worn off, the knowledge that another child was on the way became exciting to think about.


Bill had trouble falling asleep. His mom was pregnant. He was going to be a big brother again. He would be able to impart wisdom and knowledge, and act as a protector, like he had done for Dana.


But by the time the baby was born, Bill would be 19. That would be a very big age gap between them. Would his young sibling listen to anything he had to say? It just constantly played around in his mind.


Eventually, his thoughts turned to Donna, and once that happened, he was able to drift off to sleep. He dreamed a lot, and most of those were of the future, and what life might be like with her in it. 


He woke up in a fairly good mood. He showered, ate breakfast, and once he was fully ready, headed out of his dorm and towards Donna's. 


He gently knocked on her door, in case Lily was sleeping. Donna came out in shorts and a white top, and looked as beautiful as always. He gave her a kiss, said good morning, and escorted her to her first class. He knew she had grown taller, but with those eyes, and her personality, he didn't care. 


She was a very gentle soul, and cared deeply for people. He knew as much the day he met her. And her sense of humor was just like his. She was just special.