- Text Size +

The Johnsons arrived home late Saturday night. They had to drop Matt off at his house, so it was probably close to midnight when Dan pulled the new car up the driveway.


Just after they said goodbye to Bill and Donna, Valerie started feeling a little nauseous, which she chalked up to having been up very early that morning. 


Dana immediately went to bed as soon as she entered the house. She had been sleeping on the floor ever since she outgrew her bed. Although uncomfortable at first, she had quickly gotten used to the surface.


Val made her way to the bedroom, and Dan quickly followed. He had felt like pinching himself, because he would swear on a stack of bibles that Val was getting sexier the taller she got. He was finding himself really in the mood, but as soon as Val told him that she wasn’t feeling good, his spirits sank like a led balloon. But he laid next to her as she crawled into bed. 


Within minutes, she was out cold. Dan just rubbed her head, admiring her new figure. He thought himself as very lucky. Val was growing much taller than him, yet retained her sweet nature, and to him, that made her even sexier. But soon he had fallen asleep, arm around hers.


Val woke up just as the sun was coming up, and ran to the bathroom, feeling like she was going to get sick. Thankfully for her, the feeling passed, and she made her way back to bed. 


She laid down, which woke Dan up. She apologized, but he just smiled at her, rubbing her arm again. He just looked at her like she was the queen of the world. Val could sense his mood, and smiled back. 


He asked her how she was feeling, and she said she was still under the weather. Dan suggested she go to an Urgent Care facility and get tested for the virus. He pointed out that even though they were all vaccinated, people have been known to get sick, and if she was positive, then he needed to let his work know. They would also have to let Matt and his family know, as well as Bill and his friend Donna.


Valerie was less than enthusiastic about having to get tested, but she knew Dan was correct in his thinking. She knew the place opened at 8:00 am, and decided to get there as soon as it opened, so that she could relax the rest of the day.


So Valerie and Dan got dressed, and wrote a note for Dana, just in case she got up while they were out, letting her know that they had to go to the store. It was a white lie, but they didn’t want to alarm her. 


They were the first people to arrive at the facility, and after checking in, Valerie was quickly seen. Dan waited in the lobby. The doctor, a middle aged female about 5’7”, took her measurements and vitals. 6’11” 200lbs. The doctor gave no hint if she had been shocked by the numbers of not, and the vitals were normal.


Valerie described her symptoms, while the doctor wrote everything down. A virus test was conducted, and it came back negative. The doctor could find no evidence of anything viral related, and appeared stumped.


Suddenly, she had an idea. She asked Val if she would provide a urine sample. The patient looked puzzled, but the doctor wanted to check for a urinary tract infection. Val understood, and took a cup into the bathroom and came back with the sample.


The doctor tested the liquid for an abnormal bacterial count, but found everything normal. Now she was really at a loss for what could be going on. She had one more thing to try, and pulled out a strip, dipped it into the cup, and after a few minutes, removed it. 


The doctor walked into the room. She told Valerie that she had found something. Dan was out in the waiting room when all of a sudden he heard Valerie’s voice reverberate through the building asking if she was sure? Dan was puzzled. Then Val exited the room, and looked down into Dan’s eyes, tears running down her face. He asked what was wrong.


Dan and Valerie were back from the doctor and making breakfast by the time Dana was up and moving. She sat down at the table, realizing that her parents were unusually chatty. She thought it was odd, but said nothing. Eggs and bacon won out. 


After breakfast was over and dishes were done, Dana asked her mom if she could invite Matt over to watch a movie. Valerie didn’t have any issue, as she met Matt, and thought that he was a sweet boy, a perfect gentleman. 


Dana gave her mom a hug, then grabbed the phone and went to her room. About an hour later, she emerged with a smile on her face. Matt was coming over about 1pm. She quickly took a shower, and got herself ready.


Matt answered the ringing phone. His voice immediately had a happiness to its tone. It was Dana. They talked for a couple of minutes, then Matt asked his mom if he could go over to her house. His mom, Doris, said sure. She would drive him. Matt excitedly told Dana that he would be there.


Doris wanted to take him. Her husband, Dick, had described the two giantesses that lived at the house, but she knew her husband always had an overactive imagination. They were probably an inch or two taller than him, and he considered them to be gigantic as a result. 


Matt showered, dressed, then paced like a caged animal for the hour he had to wait to leave. If his kitchen had a dirt floor it would have a foot deep trench from where he was walking. Finally, it was time to leave. He ran out to the car.


The 10 minute drive consisted of his mom reminding Matt that he was a guest of the Johnsons, and that he was to be a gentleman with Dana. Matt said he knew in an exaggerated voice. 


Doris Murdock pulled into the driveway. She and her son got out and headed for the front door, but stopped when they heard a young female voice behind them saying hello to Matt.


Mother and son turned around, and Doris’ jaw would have hit the ground at the speed of light if it wasn’t attached to her face. Standing before her was a 12 year old girl standing almost 7’. Her husband wasn’t imagining what he saw. It was true. She was momentarily stunned at the sight.


Dana introduced herself and held out her hand. Doris Murdock, with her eyes still wide, automatically raised her hand and shook Dana’s, her limb being engulfed by the younger girl’s hand.


Doris asked Dana if her mom was around, and the young girl replied that she was taking a shower. Doris awkwardly asked if her mom was as tall as she was, and Dana smiled and said yes. 


Doris looked at her son, who wasn’t paying attention to her, as he just gazed upward into Dana’s eyes. She recognized that look, and knew it was time for her to leave. She watched as Matt and Dana entered the house, then got into her car and drove home, with nothing but the image of the tall girl running through her mind.


Once Bill’s family finally left, he and Donna went back to her room. Her roommate, Lily, was away for the night, so that had the place to themselves, and were guaranteed to have privacy. 


They sat down on the sofa, and started to watch a movie. Bill decided to be a good sport and watch the rom-com that Donna had chosen. After all, he thought, it was her room, and he was a guest.


The movie started, and Donna curled up on his side, taking his hand in hers. The kiss from the day before was still as fresh in her mind as the moment it happened. She felt more comfortable with Bill than she had with anyone else she had ever dated. Plus, she thought his family was cool, especially his mom and sister, who were definitely striking in appearance due to their incredible height.


She had noticed that she was growing, and was going to make an appointment with the doctor to get checked out. But taking with the girls, she suspected that it was an unforeseen side effect of the vaccine. In fact, Lily had also seemed taller. They were going to have to go shopping when she returned, as her clothes were getting tight.


But what really made her comfortable with Bill was the fact that he never brought up the fact that she had grown. It was like he either didn't notice or cared. He was a grounded person, and it made her feel excited to be with him.


As they watched the movie, and with memories of the kiss still fresh, one thing led to another, and before they knew it, clothes were flying off at record speed, and sweat was dripping like rain. 


And as quick as the mood struck, the moment was over. Neither one was quite sure that what happened was the right thing to do, but, by that point, it was too late to take back. 


So Bill just held Donna in his arms until they both fell asleep, waking up when the rays of the sun shone brightly across their faces. Bill stumbled to the floor, while Donna sat up, not quite awake.


She quickly put on a pair of shorts and a shirt, while he put on his shorts, but couldn't find his shirt. He gave her a kiss, and said that he needed to get back to his room to do homework.


She walked him out to the hall, when they noticed Lily standing there, just looking at them. Bill finally found his shirt, but it was being worn by Donna. He kissed her again and promised to call after his work was done.


Donna said that she would call him, as she and Lily needed to go shopping. So it wouldn't be until around 5 when she would give him a ring. Bill smiled and said goodbye to both girls, and headed shirtless to his room.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

When Valerie emerged from the exam room with tears in her eyes, Dan expected to be told she was positive. Valerie told him that she was positive alright, but not with a virus. Dan's eyes got so wide that she thought that he was going to pass out.


He asked her if she was sure, and she said the doctor checked twice. Dan walked out the facility dazed and confused. How could it be possible? 


Then it hit him. That Friday night before they went on vacation. Bill took Dana to the movies, followed by pizza afterwards. It gave him and Valerie a few hours of alone time, and his wife kept trying to tell him that he needed protection, but he kept saying that it would be ok. He was wrong.


They didn't want to tell Dana right away, preferring to call Bill that night and tell the both of them at the same time. And they knew it would be a shock to them.