- Text Size +

Dana got home from school on Thursday before Val finished court, and saw the new vehicle in the driveway. She asked her father what was going on, and he explained that since she and her mom were growing and getting taller, they needed to have a new car to drive around town.


In fact, while Dan was talking to his daughter, he realized he had forgotten something. And that something was extremely important. He forgot that he would need furniture designed and built for extremely tall people. The whole purpose of moving into a new place, one that would offer the girls plenty of head room to move about, would be negated by normal sized furniture. 


So he excused himself and went on his computer, asking Dana if she could get dinner started. The young girl smiled at her father, and said it would be no problem.


Dan searched the web, and came across a website that was offering exactly what he was looking for. He looked at the various styles, and once he was satisfied that Valerie would like what he chose, selected what he needed, guessed a size that was a lot bigger than ordered express shipping and delivery, plus set-ups


He finished up just as Val walked through the door. Court was finally over, and she breathed a nice sigh of relief. She saw the van in the driveway, and excitedly asked for the keys. She went back outside, joined by Dana and Dan, and just appreciated even more what her husband had done. 


Val told Dana to get in the van and she took it for a drive around their development. The girls excitedly chatted about the new car, saying it already felt 1000% more comfortable that the old car.


The girls returned just in time for Dan to serve dinner. He asked his wife what she thought of the van, and Val’s only response was to bend down and kiss him, and with passion. That gave Dan a big hint as to what her answer was going to be. 


The meal hit the spot, and afterwards, mom and daughter cleaned up. Once done, Dana went to her room to do her homework, while Val made coffee for her and Dan, and curled up next to him, just enjoying his company. It felt a little odd at first, since this was the first time in that particular position where she was the much taller of the two. Now she got to experience the same feeling as he did when he was taller.


Despite the coffee, Val couldn't keep her eyes open. The long day at work, plus her excitement at getting a new vehicle had just made exhausted, so Dan helped his wife to bed. 


Val had a great night’s sleep, waking up before the alarm and feeling refreshed. Dan was still sleeping, and there was no sign that Dana was up and about. So Val decided to cook breakfast for everyone. 


The smell of bacon permeated the house, stirring Dan into consciousness. Eyes opened, he sprang out of bed, and quickly showered, finishing up just as the last pan of scrambled eggs were done.


When he made his way out to the dining room, Dana was up and dressed. After breakfast, he told her that he needed to explain something to her. The family was going to have to move, and quickly.


Dana looked both upset and confused. The house she grew up in was the only one she ever knew, and had a lot of great memories. She was starting to get a little upset, and then couldn't understand why they had to move.


Dan sympathized with his daughter, but calmly explained that because she and her mom were growing, they would be quickly outgrowing their current house. It was unfortunate, but completely necessary. Dana looked at Val, who nodded in agreement.


Dan said that he had bought a property, and was having it converted into a house, and ordered furniture specially made for their new sizes. He was as upset about having to move as she was, but they had no other choice. 


Dana thought for a minute, then told her parents that she understood the situation. She asked when, and her parents told her sometime the following week. 


As upset by the news as she was, she had an idea that improved her mood. She asked if she could invite Matt to come with them to Bill’s game. Valerie said yes. Dan asked who was Matt, and Dana quickly gave him a rundown of the boy. Dan grew quiet, finally saying ok, but he wanted to meet the boy first. 


Dana gave her parents a hug and a big smile, and kept telling her father that he would like him once he met him. Just then the phone rang.


The phone rang, interrupting the discussion going on. Dana answered. She was very surprised that it was Matt Murdock on the other end. He apologized for calling, but reminded her that she had given him her number the year before.


He explained that his dad was giving him a ride to school, and wanted to know if she would like a ride. Dana asked her mom if it would be ok if Matt gave her a ride to school?


Valerie replied yes before Dan had a chance to answer. Dana enthusiastically accepted the offer. Matt told her that he would be there in a few minutes. Dana said goodbye, and after she hung up, just kind of got lost in her thoughts, until she snapped out of her daydream and rushed to finish getting ready. 


She asked her father to let the bus driver know that she wouldn't be on the bus. Dan chuckled and made his way outside to let the driver know. Valerie had to get ready for work, so she went into the bedroom to change.


As Dan was making his way back to the house, a car pulled up in front. Two males got out. They looked like father and son. It must be Matt.


Dan greeted them with a handshake, introducing himself. The older man introduced himself as Dick Murdock, and pointing to the young boy next to him, introduced Matt. Dan smiled, saying that he knew all about him. It wasn't true, as he had just heard of him that morning, but he didn't know if the boy was nervous, so he decided to try and use humor to help him relax. He also noticed that the father was about an inch shorter than his son.


He said that Dana was getting ready, and asked the two of them to come inside while they waited. While the three men were talking, Dana came into the kitchen, and while standing next to Matt’s father, introduced herself.


Matt smiled his usual smile, while his father just looked at the extremely tall young girl standing there. He was stunned, and momentarily lost the ability to speak.


But if Dick Murdock was floored by Dana’s height, he was nearly rendered dizzy by the sight of the equally tall Valerie standing next to her.  


She introduced herself, as did Matt to her. He flashed the same warm smile that he gave Dana, while his father stood in a trance-like state at the two giant women in front of him.


He weakly introduced himself, and then instinctively looked at his watch, saying that they should be heading to school. Before leaving, Dana asked Matt if he wanted to come see her brother Bill play his football game the next day? Matt looked at his father, who was still mesmerized by the size of the mother and daughter standing in front of him.  


Dick Murdock absentmindedly said yes, which brought a smile to both kids. Everyone then said their goodbyes, and once Valerie and Dan were alone, he told his wife that she almost made the poor man faint.  His wife just laughed, saying that her and Dana must look terrifying to people who don't know them. But that was their life now.


Bill’s date with Donna had been unexpectedly postponed. Since she had missed two important biology classes, her professor offered to do a virtual make up class. She didn't want to fall behind, so she asked Bill if they could go out the following night. 


Feeling a little disappointed, Bill said no problem. Donna had been looking really good since the immediate side effects of the vaccine wore off. She seemed to have energy, and just seemed a little different, in a good way, than when he first met her. And boy, was she drop-dead gorgeous. And she made the first move with him, which made him smile.


Bill stopped by Donna’s room to meet her. Her roommate was out for the night, but Bill was mostly thinking of just spending the evening walking with and talking to Donna, just to get to know her as a person better. It was the one thing his parents had stressed to him growing up. Looks come and go, but inner beauty lasts forever. He took that to heart.


There were many places on campus that he wanted to visit, and it would provide the two of them the quiet time to converse, and that really excited him. 


Bill and Donna walked to the part of the college that contained ancient ruins. They were both admiring the breathtaking view, when Bill took a chance and leaned in and gave Donna a kiss. 


She was surprised, but quickly got lost in the moment, feeling herself overcome with emotions that were joyous in nature. She would forever remember that kiss.


Valerie was up early on Saturday morning. They were going out to see Bill’s game. Although she saw him the previous week, to her, it felt longer. She was his mother. She missed her baby boy. 


She showered. The warm water felt great, as it helped relax her. Once she was done, she dried off, then put her robe on. She wiped the mirror, than saw Dan’s reflection staring up at her. 


She turned her head and looked down into his eyes. She thought that he had beautiful eyes. It was one of the things that attracted her to him. He had started rubbing her back. She gave him a smile.


Dan asked her how she was feeling. Val replied that she was doing fine. Then he asked her how she felt about the changes that were happening to both her and Dana.


Valerie looked down into Dan’s eyes, and tried to assure him that she was ok with whatever was going on. And she wanted to just say that she loved him, and would continue to love him, no matter how much shorter he would be next to her, giving him a wink.


That was all Dan needed to hear. Valerie cracking a joke. She still had her sense of humor, and that was great to see. She could always brighten the mood with her sense of humor. He stood on the tops of his toes, while she bent her head down, and they shared a kiss. Then he patted her rear end and hopped into the shower.


Lexicon’s football team dominated it's opponent the second game of the year. In fact, Bill was taken out in the middle of the third quarter, as his team was ahead by a wide margin, and there was no reason to risk injury.


After the game, Bill met his family outside the locker room. Although he knew that his mom and sister were growing, it still shocked him slightly to see how much taller they were compared to the week before.


The weekend provided a great opportunity for Bill to introduce Donna to his parents, and for Dana to introduce Matt to her brother. Bill knew that Donna was also experiencing what his family was going through, but didn't want to bring it up, in case it upset Donna. And he was going to enjoy this weekend.