- Text Size +

The morning embrace with Val only reinforced Dan’s love for her. She may have grown taller than him, but she was still the same person that he married. But he had come to a realization. Unless both Valerie and Dana suddenly stopped growing, the house would quickly become too small for them. He even correctly assumed that his wife’s car was too small for her, even though she hadn’t brought it up.


So on the way into work, Dan called his boss, and explained that he needed at least that day off, maybe even the following one, in order to take care of an urgent matter that just arose. In fact, he needed to talk to HR about a matter. His boss asked if it was anything serious, and he coyly replied he didn’t know. 


The boss transferred his call to the HR office, where Dan explained that due to a medical emergency, he needed to sell his company stock. With 20 years at the distribution warehouse, his company stock was worth close to a million dollars. 


The lady at HR was more than helpful, explaining that he would be fronted the value of the stock, and once it was sold, the company would keep it as repayment. Dan thanked the lady, and then drove to a car dealership.


He spotted a Club Wagon with a raised interior ceiling, paid cash for it, then took it to a friend of his who owned a custom auto shop. He said that he wanted the middle bench removed, and both front seats to be put on modified rollers, so that both could be adjusted in feet, not inches. His friend was puzzled by the request, but Dan said he needed it quickly, and would pay whatever the cost was to get it done ASAP.


His friend said it would be done by noon the next day, and once Dan had the estimate, drove to a building that he had passed by every day on his way to and from work. It was an unoccupied warehouse. Dan dialed the realtor’s number, and set up an appointment for an hour later. 


Once the agent was there, they went inside and took a tour. Dan was immediately satisfied that it would be acceptable for what he needed, and asked about the price. The agent replied that it was owned by the bank, and was available at a highly reduced price, as they needed to get rid of the building. 


Dan liked what he heard, and said he would take it. He would pay cash for it, and needed to take ownership as soon as possible. While the agent called the bank to inform them of what was going on, Dan called a friend who owned a building remodeling business, and asked him to come to the building. 


The agent returned with good news. The bank was drawing up the bill of sale, deed, and other forms, and would be ready first thing in the morning. Dan and the agent shook hands, and as soon as the agent left, Dan’s friend arrived. 


They walked inside. Dan explained to his friend what he needed, and how he wanted it set up. And he needed it done quickly and he would pay cash. It was Wednesday. His friend said that if everything went right, he could have it done by the following Wednesday. Dan agreed, and the two shook hands. 


His friend called the office, and within the hour, a large crew arrived to get to work. The building needed to be converted into a residential home, but since the structure was in great shape, and the electric less than a year old, and water and sewer working great, it was a very doable job. Dan thanked his friend, and then headed home. He called his boss and said that he wouldn’t be at work the following day. 


Dan arrived home just as Valerie and Dana finished making dinner. He recognized the look in his daughter’s eye as that of someone who really liked someone as more than a friend. He smiled to himself, as he tilted his head upward to give his wife a kiss.


Dinner was quite enjoyable, as the baked chicken tasted delicious. Afterward, Dana went to do her homework, while Dan and Val enjoyed coffee and alone time on the sofa. Dan would surprise his wife with what he had done, but was going to wait until the vehicle was ready. 


When it was time to retire, Dan and Val entered the bedroom, where he proceeded to kiss her passionately. It took her by surprise at first, but she responded in kind. Just having that intimate contact, especially after she had started growing, filled her with a joy that was unexplainable. Dan laid her down in the bed, and proceeded to explore her now larger body like a curious explorer. And the more he saw, the more he liked.


Dan’s alarm went off around 6am. He stumbled into the bathroom to shower. Valerie had heard the shower going, and sprung out of bed, intent on joining him. But the water stopped, and by the time she entered, Dan was standing in front of the mirror. Val came up behind him, and noticed that the top of his head just barely reached her lips.


And the feelings of guilt started to creep in. She thought how he must have been feeling watching both his wife and daughter grow taller than him, and by a lot. Yet he never complained or cursed what was happening. He was still the same man she married, just smaller than her.  


Dan looked up at her reflection behind him, and then told her everything that he did the day before. At first, Val thought he was joking, but saw the seriousness in his eyes. She started to cry tears of joy, as he turned around and gave her a hug,telling her how much he loved her.


Dana was unaware of the changes about to happen with regards to a new home and vehicle for her mom. But since her attention was focused on Matt Murdock and nothing else, her parents could have announced that they were moving to Mars, and it wouldn’t have registered with her.


She quickly showered, ate breakfast, and was out the door, waiting for the bus to arrive. Even though she was outside 10 minutes early, she impatiently walked back and forth, until she saw the familiar yellow paint heading towards her.


She bounced up the steps, and was about to head for an open seat when she ran into the upper bar separating the driver’s area from the student’s. She let out a low pitched ouch, and sat down, gently rubbing her forehead. The driver made sure she was alright, then closed the door and drove off. Dana made a promise to herself to start ducking under the bar.


With her ‘friends’ at the back of the bus and seemingly uninterested in sitting with her, she just smiled as thoughts of Matt popped into her head. She hoped that he was waiting for her, but she wouldn’t know for sure until she arrived.


Sure enough, Matt was waiting for her to exit. She was about 11 inches taller than his 5’8” frame, but he never made it an issue. She gave a lot of thought about giving him a kiss on his cheek, but decided not to. However, he did take her hand again, and walked into homeroom with her. 


No other students were present, but they noticed that their teacher, Mr Jenkins, was at his desk. He spotted the two of them seated, and made his way to their desks. He said hi to Matt, then asked Dana how she was feeling. She replied that she couldn’t have felt any better. 


Mr Jenkins, like everyone else in school, had noticed Dana’s growth, but unlike the rest, he would occasionally ask about it, just to make sure she was ok.


Mr Jenkins then had an odd request. He was wondering if he could bring a Doctor of Biology in to lead a class discussion on the changes that Dana was going through. He couldn’t remember reading about any instance in history where something similar had taken place. He thought it would be a fascinating topic, but only if she were comfortable being talked about.


Dana didn’t know what to make of the request, and asked for a couple of days to think about it. Mr Jenkins said no problem, and turned and headed for his desk as his students made their way into the room.


Valerie went to work in a great mood. The evening of intimacy she got to spend with Dan, plus what he had told her about what he did, had her feeling like she was walking on sunshine. But now she had to focus on work. It was court day.


Once she was settled, she walked into the courtroom. Bertha, Tiffany, and Jeff were getting the room ready, making sure the mics were operating, and that all the sessions’ files were properly arranged. 


Val was helping Bertha with an issue related to the lawyer's stand, when the door opened, and the familiar voice of Judge Smails permeated the room. 


When he was on the bench, Judge Smails was a very efficient and fair judge. Off the clock, he was a self described ladies’ man, using a smooth voice to introduce himself. He had even made an attempt to ask Valerie out when he first started, until he found out that she was happily married. Then he turned his attention to Tiffany, until he found out that she had been dating Jeff.


Strangely, he made no attempt to hit on Bertha, probably because he realized that she would have kicked his behind if she ever got mad at him. So he always kept it socially professional when he talked with her.


He was approaching the bench when he noticed a figure that was bent down next to Bertha. But his jaw hit the floor almost immediately when the figure stood up and turned around, revealing the figure to be Valerie.


Judge Smails thought he must have been seeing things. Valerie had always been six inches shorter than he was. Now, she was a foot taller, and the smooth talker had lost the words to convey his shock.


But Valerie said hello with her normal smile, and when Judge Smails finally realized that his eyes weren't playing any tricks, he asked her about her change. Valerie patiently explained the situation, and by the end of their conversation, the judge was more at ease about the giant woman standing in front of him.


Bill got up early Thursday morning, and after showering and eating breakfast, made his way to Donna's dorm. He hadn't seen her since Monday, and just wanted to make sure that she was alright.


He knocked on the door, and within a minute, it opened, and out stepped Donna, looking bright eyed and bushy tailed. Her presence brightened his mood. His worries went away. 


They chatted for a couple of minutes before Donna went back into the room so she could get her books for her first class. Bill escorted her to the science lab, and asked her if he could take her out for dinner later. The beautiful brunette smiled and said yes, and turned to enter the classroom, while Bill gave her a warm smile, said goodbye and went to his first class. He never noticed that Donna was an inch taller than when he saw her that Monday.