- Text Size +

Bill was still trying to wrap his head around the changes that both his mom and sister were going through when the coach pulled him aside during practice that Monday. He wasn't focused on the plays being run, and the coach wanted to find out what was going on.


Bill tried to pass it off as his mind still being focused on the game against Rubicon. The coach didn't know if he was being honest, but gave him a pep talk and told him to put the previous game behind him and just concentrate on the upcoming opponent. Bill said he would, and returned to practice with a renewed energy, and was much sharper than he had been.


It was after practice, as he was walking towards the locker room, when a cheerleader approached him. He looked at her and was captivated by her beauty. She introduced herself as Donna Mills. Bill vaguely heard her name, as his mind was captivated by her beauty. 5’7” with blue eyes and long black hair. He weakly smiled and introduced himself. 


She said that she was a freshman also, and asked him if he wanted to grab a coffee from the cafeteria. Bill told her yes, but he needed to shower and change first. He asked for 15 minutes, and would meet her in front of her dorm, as long as she told him the name of the building.


Donna told him the name, they said their temporary goodbyes, and Bill ran to his dorm to quickly shower and dress, unable to get the beauty of the girl out of his mind. He looked up at the sky and silently said thank you, then headed for Donna's dorm.


Dan was out the door early, as the warehouse was getting a massive delivery, as he was needed to check the invoices of products as they were being unloaded, so Val woke up to an empty bed. Once Dana woke up, mother and daughter had some time to themselves to talk.


The conversation started out with the usual parent/child small talk, but ended up back to what was happening with them. They were going to have to go shopping again, probably that afternoon or the next. 


Val asked Dana how kids in school were reacting to her sudden growth. She said that for the most part, they had been acting as if they hadn't noticed, but during the last class of the day, Mr Jones, her science teacher, mentioned something about it, but he waited until class had dismissed. He just wanted to make sure she was doing ok. 


But Dana slipped and mentioned Matt. This caught Val’s attention, as she had never heard the name before. Dana quickly moved on to the fact that her mom would be going back to work that morning, and put the question to Val whether or not she was nervous.


Val told her more than she realized. There was the lady who ran the office named Bertha, who stood almost 6’3”, and Tiffany who was about 5’10”, and Jeff, who was almost 5’9”. She was sure they would be just as shocked as she was.


Once breakfast was over, and Dana was on her way to school, Val showered and dressed for work. It was when she shut the car door and buckled up that the nerves were becoming an issue. She put the radio on, and took a couple of deep breaths. It was then she finally noticed that the large family sedan that Dan had bought for her was feeling small for her. 


She arrived at the office 15 minutes later, and after parking, walked through the door and was instantly surrounded by stunned co-workers, who wanted to know what happened. Val had no explanation, other than her Dr thought it may be a freak side effect of the vaccine. 


Bertha just kept staring at Val, as she was always the biggest and tallest in the office. But once she saw her walk through the door, her mind was blown. It was a new experience for both ladies.


Dana had put on a brave face during breakfast. She had dreamed that she kept growing and growing, and everyone would think of her as a freak. She wished that she could be more like her mom, who seemed to be handling what was happening with positivity.


The bus pulled up at school. Dana found her friends becoming more distant, leaving her to feel more isolated and alone. She waited until everyone was off the bus before she exited. As she walked past the driver, an elderly substitute grandma, the older lady stopped her and told her to smile. She was too pretty to be wearing a frown.


Dana stepped down and looked around. From her new height, she could see over all of the other students. It was then that she heard the familiar, friendly voice of Matt, asking her how she was.


Dana looked down at him. She was about 9 inches taller than he was, but he wasn’t phased in the least. She weakly smiled and said that she was ok. 


He looked up at her and gently put his arm on her shoulder, and asked if he could take her out for pizza. Dana was temporarily stunned by the question, and then felt some tears welling up, and said yes. Matt smiled, and took her now larger hand, and walked her to homeroom.


As terrible and lonely as Dana felt on the bus, she was now in her own little heaven. Matt Murdock was the one person in her life that wasn’t bothered by what was going on. She thanked her lucky stars that he had moved there.


Valerie and Dana arrived home about the same time. They needed to go shopping for larger clothes. It was getting to be a little frustrating having to buy new outfits every couple of days, but because both were growing about an inch a day, ultimately it was necessary. 


It also allowed the girls to have a mother/daughter talk. Val noticed a look in Dana’s eyes that told her that she liked a boy. She had the same look when she met Dan their freshman year in high school. So Val just casually asked Dana how Matt was doing.


Dana absentmindedly replied that he was doing well, then realized what her mom had done, and then tried to play it off as mishearing the question. Val chuckled, telling her that it was ok, she had been young once. 


Dana started to blush. Val asked her if Matt had made any issue with her growth spurt, or whatever was happening, and her daughter said no. In fact, he just seems to really enjoy being around her. And he was proving to be a true friend, something that was suddenly in short supply. 


The girls arrived home about two hours later. Both couldn’t get over what their measurements were. Both had a 37 inch inseam, and were sized 16, not because they were overweight, but because they had become wider due to their growth. But the clothing store also told them that their inventory only could accommodate people up to 7ft. After that, they may have to special order them, and that would probably be more expensive.


When it came time for bed, and with Dana in her room, Val suddenly felt extremely insecure about the changes happening to her, and turned to Dan and asked him if he found her attractive. 


Dan was taken aback by her question. He had always thought that she was the most beautiful woman in the world. And he felt that she was just as beautiful then as when he married her, growing or not. 


He led her to the bed, and had her lay down. He laid next to her, and just started massaging her back. He thought about getting “frisky”, but knew that her mindset made that impossible. So he just wanted to release the tension that she was suddenly feeling. 


Eventually, both fell asleep, and both slept soundly. Just before the alarm, Val got up to use the bathroom, and as she returned to bed, Dan got up and just gave her a hug, telling her that he loved her, and would do so, no matter what was happening. And they both had to adjust to the new size dynamic as they tried to kiss. Eventually, they were successful, and Val suddenly felt like the queen of the world.


Dana really enjoyed the time and talk with her mom, especially when Matt Murdock’s name was mentioned. It was the highlight of her day seeing him when she would arrive at school. Her group of friends were ok the first day or two when classes started, but then they seemed to be keeping their distance from her for no apparent reason, other than she was growing. It made her feel like a freak, an outcast. But then she would see his familiar face, smiling up at her, and her insecurities would go away.


The bus arrived at school. One thing Dana noticed was that the seats were becoming less and less comfortable as she grew. She thought that if she didn’t stop growing soon, she would become too big for the bus.


Once everyone was off, Dana exited. She looked around to find Matt, but she didn’t see him. Feeling slightly disappointed, she made her way to her locker. She put her belongings inside, and when she closed the door, heard the voice she missed. 


Matt was standing there, a smile on his face. She smiled back at him, and without any question or talk, took her hand and escorted her into homeroom. He said that he had to drop off paperwork at the principal’s office, and that was why he wasn’t there to greet her at the bus. She just looked down at him and smiled, while he looked up and did the same. 


Dana really enjoyed the time and talk with her mom, especially when Matt Murdock’s name was mentioned. It was the highlight of her day seeing him when she would arrive at school. Her group of friends were ok the first day or two when classes started, but then they seemed to be keeping their distance from her for no apparent reason, other than she was growing. It made her feel like a freak, an outcast. But then she would see his familiar face, smiling up at her, and her insecurities would go away.


The bus arrived at school. One thing Dana noticed was that the seats were becoming less and less comfortable as she grew. She thought that if she didn’t stop growing soon, she would become too big for the bus.


Once everyone was off, Dana exited. She looked around to find Matt, but she didn’t see him. Feeling slightly disappointed, she made her way to her locker. She put her belongings inside, and when she closed the door, heard the voice she missed. 


Matt was standing there, a smile on his face. She smiled back at him, and without any question or talk, took her hand and escorted her into homeroom. He said that he had to drop off paperwork at the principal’s office, and that was why he wasn’t there to greet her at the bus. She just looked down at him and smiled, while he looked up and did the same. 


Valerie arrived at work with a bounce in her step. Even though she was now seven inches taller than her 6’ husband, the time that she got to spend with Dan that morning really made her feel special, and like she was the most important person in the world.


Bertha, Tiffany and Jeff still couldn’t get over that fact that she had grown significantly since she had gone on vacation, and the subsequent time off after her vaccine shot and reaction, constantly checking in on her, making sure that she was alright.


But there was a court session the following day, and Bertha, Tiffany and Jeff were double checking the docket, and letting Val know what files to have ready, and what to put in the rescheduling stack. 


Tiffany had mentioned that the judge, Judge Smails, hadn’t seen Val in about three weeks. He would undoubtedly be shocked at her new size. Bertha remarked that the judge always thought of himself as a ladies’ man, and it would be very interesting to see his reaction to her. The four of them laughed at the thought.


Bill enjoyed his impromptu coffee date with Donna. There was something about her that captivated him more than her stunning looks. It was her personality, which took him by surprise, as she had the same sense of humor that he had. 


But he didn’t see her either in class or with her cheerleading squad Tuesday or Wednesday, and grew a little concerned. He made his way to her dorm and to her room, and knocked.


The door opened. It was Donna’s roommate, Lily, who answered. She was a very small girl, standing no more than 4’10”. But she wasn’t stumpy or overweight. She just looked like a smaller scaled version of her roommate.


Bill asked if Donna was around, and Lily told him that she was sleeping. This puzzled him, until the small girl explained that they both got the vaccine the morning before, and were just overcome with the exhaustion associated with the shot. They had just slept.


Bill said he understood, and that he hoped both would feel better, and that he would check again the next day after practice. So he said goodbye to Lily, and made his way back to his dorm, hoping that everything was alright with Donna.