- Text Size +

Pete Parker had left. Dan had taken Matt home, and just as the house was settling down, Donna’s phone rang. It was her parents. They were scheduled to fly into Frankenville the next afternoon. Donna temporarily forgot. With the excitement of being interviewed, it had slipped her mind. 


She explained to Dan and Val what the situation was, and asked again if it would be alright that her parents came to visit.


Val bent down slightly to hug the young girl, and said that she was now part of the family, she didn’t have to ask, and her parents were welcomed anytime.


Donna appreciated the kindness and acceptance she received from Bill and his family. She felt like crying tears of joy, but she called her parents back and finalized the arrangements. She gave the address, and her father said that they should be there sometime around 5pm. 


Donna told her parents that she loved them, and would see them tomorrow. She just wanted to let them know that she had undergone big changes, and that they should prepare themselves for what they saw. 


Her parents told Donna that no matter what was going on, she was still their daughter and that they loved her very much. She thanked them again, and after giving them her love, hung up.


Donna went to Val and Dan, just to give them some information about her parents. Her father was named Adam, and her mother was named Daisy.

They were both 39 years old, and were married for 19 years. Her dad was a structural engineer, and her mom stayed home to raise her. Now, she works at the local library three days a week. 


Donna assured the Johnsons that they would love her parents. Val told her that she was so looking forward to meeting them, and her demeanor put the young girl at ease. They hugged, and Donna returned to her room after saying good night.


Dan stood up to get himself a glass of water when he spotted Bill heading into Donna’s room. He laughed to himself. He recalled when he and Val had been dating, and it always seemed that the only alone time they could get was when they went out, with both his parents and hers constantly keeping an eye on them. He realized that Donna needed a sympathetic face to keep her calm. She had grown so much, that she was extremely anxious at her parents reaction. He totally understood her feelings.


Eventually, he and Val made their way to bed. Neither was tired enough to fall asleep, so they just held each other, or more accurately, Val held her little husband against her body, and they just talked about finally meeting Donna’s parents. Their video call a while back was brought back into focus. They both wondered how her mom and dad would react to seeing with their own eyes the changes that had taken place. It would definitely be interesting.


Donna was up early, nervously awaiting her parents' arrival that wasn’t due to happen for another eleven hours. But once she was awake, she was awake for good. 


Nobody was stirring yet, so she quickly showered and dressed. By the time she emerged from her room, Val and Dan were in the kitchen, cooking breakfast, Bill and Dana joining them a short time later. 


Donna had grown used to Val cooking breakfast. In fact, she appreciated the meals more than she realized. It always reminded her of home. 


Home. It felt like a bittersweet word. She hadn’t seen her parents for some time, and what was worse, she hadn’t seen her friends from high school. They had no idea that she had grown due to the shot. What would they think of her? How would they treat her? Bill and his family were awesome, because they were experiencing the same thing as she was. She had people to talk to, who understood her feelings and fears. 


But as much as she wanted to go over in her mind how her parents would react to seeing her, Donna needed to focus on her classes that morning. It was important to her that she maintain her grades. 


The day was pretty much a blur for Donna, as the clock alternated between speeding up and slowing to a crawl. And once Dan arrived home from work with groceries for dinner, it was down to a matter of minutes before her parents came.


The doorbell rang. Dan and Bill went to answer. It was decided that it would be best if they made Donna’s parents feel comfortable before they saw their ‘little’ girl.


The door opened and in stepped Adam and Daisy Mills. Dan was immediately struck by the natural size difference between husband and wife. He looked to be about 5’1”-5’2”, and she was about 5’10”. 


The four of them introduced themselves. Daisy was most interested in meeting Bill, the boy that stole their baby girl’s heart. She wanted to assess for herself what kind of young man Bill was. 


Donna was smitten the first time she saw Bill, and like some girls, was typically cryptic when discussing him with her mother. This was Daisy’s first opportunity to meet the young man, and the more she talked to him, the better she felt. Her daughter was in great hands .


Dan and Adam hit it off almost immediately. Mr Mills was very impressed when he discovered that the house he was in used to be an old warehouse.

He asked if he could get a tour of the place later on, to which Dan said no problem. 


The conversation went on for a few more minutes, then it was time to meet Val and Dana. Dan thought it was best to have Donna’s parents meet his wife and daughter first, as a way of preparing them for seeing their daughter later. 


Dan, Bill, Adam and Daisy were continuing their chat when two large shadows overcame them. The Mills looked up, and their eyes widened, and their jaws almost hit the floor. 


Standing before them were the two tallest people that they had ever seen, either in person, or on TV or in a newspaper. They were an incredible sight to behold.


But once Dana and Val introduced themselves, and In totally normal voices, the Mills’ shock wore off, and they found themselves struggling to come up with the words to reply to the giant girls standing in front of them.


The Mills had noticed the exceptionally large front door when they arrived, and Adam noticed the incredibly high ceiling when he was talking to Dan. He didn’t want to make it a point of conversation, especially when Dan explained what the building was previously, and how he paid to have it converted into a house.


Once Adam and Daisy got used to craning their necks to see the faces of the two ladies in front of them, the chat became more genial. The Mills quickly realized that as tall as Val and Dana were, they were still human beings, and their personalities were that of gentle souls just going through incredible changes. 


As the Mills and Johnsons got to know each other better, and became more comfortable around each other, there was a figure that appeared 


The Mills finally saw their daughter Donna for the first time in almost a month. Needless to say, they were not prepared for what they saw. 


Although about a foot shorter than Val and Dana, the sight of their little girl towering over them was something that they needed to get used to. She nervously smiled at her parents, and once the initial shock wore off, smiled back at her. 


Donna bent down and embraced her mom. It brought tears to both girls’ eyes as it recalled all the comforting that Daisy had given her daughter whenever she was troubled by things in life. 


Daisy asked her daughter if she was doing alright, and Donna told her she was. She explained that the Johnsons have been tremendous in making her feel welcomed, and the fact that both Val and Dana had been going through the same thing had made it easier to deal with. Daisy looked up at Val with appreciation on 


Donna then turned her attention to her hero, the man who was the steady rock in chaotic times, her father. Adam Mills was caught up in the conversation going on between mother and daughter that he was completely caught off guard when his now towering girl reach for him.


Donna was so excited at seeing her father that she didn’t realize that she had picked him up off the ground, so that his feet were hanging almost two feet above the floor.


All she saw was his beaming smile, and she lost herself in all the great memories she had of when she was growing up, and how her father taught her to ride a bike, was there for all her cheerleading competitions, and instilled in her the hard work ethic that she would need to succeed in the world.


When Donna finally realized that she was holding her father like a little kid, she quickly put him down and started crying and apologizing for her actions. Adam just hugged his daughter as best he could and told her that it was alright, she did nothing wrong. 


Once Donna calmed down, she went with her mom, Dana and Val into the kitchen to talk, while the Dan gave Adam a tour of the house, leaving Bill and Matt, who had remained quiet and unassuming during the little family reunion, to sit on the large sofa and watch TV. 


Matt had been at the house so much that Bill considered him a little brother, and became as protected of him as he did with his sister. And a thought popped into Bill‘s head that made him laugh. He was both a “Big” big brother and a “Little” big brother to two people the same age. He just shook his head.