- Text Size +

After dinner, Val took Matt home, as she needed to talk to Doris Murdock and ask permission for her son to be interviewed by a reporter scheduled to come the next afternoon. And Dana wanted to go with her. just as a way to show her appreciation to her boyfriend for being there for her.


Val drove, as the kids held hands in the back seat. She couldn’t see the top of Matt’s head when looking in the rear view mirror, but as long as she could still see Dana’s, she knew they were behaving.


The vehicle pulled up in front of the Murdock house, and all three exited the vehicle. It was dark out, so neighborhood activity was almost nonexistent. Matt entered and returned with his mom. 


Doris and Val stood at the front door and talked, while Dana and Matt walked around to the side of the house. Once alone, she bent down and kissed him, lifting him up to make it easier for her to reach his lips. He didn’t object, and rather enjoyed the moment, breaking it off only when he heard his mom’s voice calling his name. 


Matt and Dana returned to the front door, and Val said goodbye to Doris and her son. Dana did the same. The moms seemed to be in a good mood, and once back inside the vehicle and heading home, Val said that Matt’s mom didn’t have any issue with the reporter coming to interview the family. Dana was happy. She realized that as long as Matt was there with her, she could handle anything. He was always calm, and it rubbed off on her.


When they arrived home, Dan, Bill and Donna were finishing up a quick dusting and vacuum of the living room. With Pete Parker coming the following afternoon, they wanted to make sure that the house was presentable. Val appreciated the gesture. She was nervous about the family interview, and had no idea what to expect. 


Dan had called his boss and made arrangements to leave work at 1pm, so he could come home and prepare himself. Donna was also nervous, as she wondered if her parents would find out about the interview before they came for a visit. Val was an angel with the way she treated the young girl. She missed her parents, but Val and Dan went out of their way to make her feel at home and a member of the family. Still, she knew her parents would be shocked by how tall she had grown.


Once everyone called it a night, and went to their bedrooms, Bill made his way to Donna’s door and lightly knocked. She opened the door in pajamas that he never saw before, but looked so sexy on her that he couldn’t take his eyes off her. 


As he entered her room, Bill gave Donna a hug, his head laying against her breasts. He told her that he wanted to make sure that she was up for the interview the next afternoon. She looked down into his eyes and told him that she would be fine, as long as he was there also. He looked up at her and said he would always be there for her, no matter what. She hugged him, bent down slightly, and patted his rear end as she gave him a kiss, and said that she needed to get some sleep. Disappointed, he said good night, and went back to his room.


Once Val and Dan were in bed, he could sense nervousness and apprehension from her. He knew why. He started massaging her very large breasts, and tried to calm her fears about the interview. She told him that the more she thought about it, the more terrified she was that she and Dana and Donna would come across as freaks, or worse. She was a 40 year old adult woman. She could handle the incorrect perception. But both Dana and Donna were sweet girls who could be crushed emotionally by the negative attitudes of strangers. 


Dan looked up into Val’s eyes, and said the best way to combat any negative emotions is to just be themselves. This was a chance to let people know that they were the same people as they were before they got the vaccine. And if people were going to treat them like freaks, the hell with them, because they had each other for support.


He lifted his face up to reach hers, and gave her a gentle kiss to let her know how much she meant the world to him. She appreciated the gesture, and gave him a kiss in return. 


Dan’s words soothed the runaway thoughts in Val’s mind, and she was able to relax enough to sleep, drifting off while holding him in her arms.


The alarm went off, with Dan still in Val’s arms. She wanted to get up to hit snooze, but the feeling of her husband’s small body against hers made her feel like a new mom again. She looked at his sleeping form, and thought about how cute and adorable he was. She gave him a kiss, causing him to stir. That was her cue to turn the radio off.


They both got out of bed, and headed for the bathroom. While Val was seated on the toilet, Dan gave her a good morning kiss, having to lift his head slightly to reach her lips. But to him, she looked incredibly sexy with her ever growing belly, the child inside growing with her. He still couldn’t get over the fact that he would be a dad again at 40. Life was funny, he thought.


Once they were finished with their business, they headed for the kitchen, knocking on the doors of Bill, Dana and Donna, getting them moving. While Dan got the coffee going, Val started breakfast. The nerves which had quieted down the night before had flared back up, causing her focus to be on the reporter showing up that afternoon, instead of the food in the frying pan. She burnt the 10 pieces of bacon, throwing them out as a result. She put ten more on, but paid better attention the second time.


The three students came into the kitchen, excited about the interview. It made Val feel a little silly for worrying so much about it, while the kids laughed and joked about what they were going to say.


Once breakfast was over and the kitchen cleaned, the five started getting ready for the day. Bill and Dan took their showers, followed by the girls. Then it was time for Val to get Matt as everyone got set up for school.


The morning settled into its usual routine as soon as Val returned with Matt, and he disappeared into the room where he and Dana did their online classes. Bill and Donna were already into their first class, so Val pulled out her computer to prepare for the work Bertha would be sending her.


Once everyone was settled, the morning seemed to drag. The interview couldn’t come fast enough for the four kids, while Val started to feel more nervous as the morning turned into afternoon. 


Just after 2pm, Dan arrived home with soda and beer. He had no idea if the reporter would want a drink, but even if he didn’t, the beverages wouldn’t go to waste.


Once the classes were finished, and Val had completed what she needed to get done, it was time for some last minute straightening up. A quick wipe down of all tables, as well as some vacuuming, and the house was finally acceptable to Val.


4pm, and there was a knock on the front door. Dan went out to the living room to answer. Standing before him was a guy in his early 30s, taller than he was by about 4 inches. The man pleasantly offered his hand and introduced himself as Pete Parker, reporter for the Westmont Lake Daily Bugle. 


Dan did the same. Pete pulled out his driver’s license and offered it to Dan for inspection, but was told it wasn’t necessary.


Pete remarked about the odd design of the house, and its fairly remote location. Dan explained that it was an old warehouse that he bought and converted. This piqued his interest. The reporter noticed the size of the front door, and Dan said that it was necessary for his wife and daughter, and if he was fascinated by the size of the door, he should see the inside of the house.


Dan led Pete into the living room. It was then that he got a sense of the scale of the house and furniture. High ceilings, and furniture that looked surreal due to their sheer size. 


Pete was an exceptionally tall person, standing 6’4”, but the size of the sofa made him feel small for the first time in his life.  He asked Dan to stand next to the couch, and brought out a huge, old time camera, and snapped a photo just to capture the scale.


After the photo was done, Pete took more pictures of the living room, while Dan went and got Bill and Matt. Everyone introduced themselves, with Pete writing in a notebook, making sure to get all details correct. 


He had heard of Bill, the All-State QB who wound up going to Lexicon University, until the school sent everyone home due to an outbreak on campus. So he focused on Matt Murdock.  He asked questions designed to draw out a variety of answers, so he could get a true sense of what the boy was about. 


Once he was finished, the three males stood in front of Pete, who was puzzled by what was going on. It wasn’t until three very beautiful, but extremely tall females came into the living room and stood behind the men, that his jaw hit the floor at the speed of light. 


Dan and Matt didn’t even come close to reaching the breasts of the girls behind them, while Bill just barely reached above the nipples of the girl behind him. 


The girls introduced themselves, and Pete did the same, but without taking his eyes off the three. He noticed that Val was pregnant. Everyone sat down on the sofa, and the reporter pulled out his notebook, unsure of how to begin the interview. Val could sense his hesitation, so she asked him if he wanted something to drink. 


Pete asked for some water, which Bill went to get. It kind of broke the ice, and he began by asking Val about her life and situation. Val explained her childhood, and how she was always kind of a nerd, and thought she would be a librarian, until she met Dan in high school. And then her goals changed. She was always an extremely organized person, and thought that she would be better suited for an office, which could utilize her talents more than a library.


She also described her raising Bill and Dana, and how Dan was always there, being an active parent. Pete was writing furiously in his notebook.


He then turned his attention to Donna, and asked about her life. She told him that she was an only child from the Midwest who met Bill in college and fell in love with him. She wanted to say more, but found that her nerves were more of a problem than she realized. 


Pete could sense her mood, and gently asked what her favorite subject was in college. Donna smiled and said history, and described the periods of time that she found fascinating. Plus it helped that Bill loved history also. 


Next up was Dana. Pete was surprised when she told him that she was only 12. He thought that she looked more mature than her age. He asked her the same questions that he asked Donna, but she seemed more at ease. 


Once he got enough information, he then broached the subject that was the elephant in the room. The stunning height of the three girls. He found out that a bunch of medical tests were done, but the only explanation that doctors could come up with was that the growth was an unknown side effect of the vaccine. 


This caught Pete by surprise, as there was no mention in any medical story about this type of reaction. He looked at Val and asked if the baby she was carrying was affected also, and she said yes. The baby was basically twice the size of what the normal pregnancy would be at that stage. 


The interview went longer than Pete realized, as soon it was almost 7. Val insisted that he stay for dinner, otherwise her feelings would be hurt. Not wanting to upset the giant pregnant lady in front of him, he agreed. But on one condition, he wanted to measure everyone. They agreed, and moved to the kitchen.


He did the males first. Dan was 6’ even, Bill was 6’3”, and Matt was 5’9”. Next was Donna. Standing on a chair, she measured 7’7”, and he then asked her if she could measure Dana and Val, because there were no chairs large enough for him to reach their heads. 


Val was first. 8’7”, followed by Dana at 8’6”.  Pete then asked if he could take a photo of the six of them, which they agreed. So they assumed the pose from earlier. Pete brought out his large camera, and took the picture that he needed for his story.