- Text Size +

Chapter 8: Babe


Kyo leaned in close to the apartment complex roof. It was a bit shorter than she was tall, but not by too much. She wasn’t hunched over like a turtle or anything to get roughly eye level with him.


“Wait a minute.”, she said, her voice roaring over Ken.


“Are you telling me that she, that *monster* is your new girlfriend?”


“Wow”, said the giant turtle-woman.


“Whoa, babe”, said Ken. “She’s not a monster, she’s a monster-person. Her name is Kameko and she’s super chill and hot. I know you’ve grown yourself to fight her cause you’re just jealous and all but-”

“What?”, said Kyo. “I had no idea you were dating a turtle-monster.”

“Wow”


“Turtle-monster woman.”, said Kyo correcting herself. “This isn’t all about you, Ken. I mean, yeah I do want to crush you like a bug for breaking my heart, but I didn’t exactly ask to grow into a 50ft tall woman, nor a 500ft tall one.”

She smirked, standing upright and tall.


“Then again, I’m not complaining either.”


“Wow, Ken was right about you.”, said Kameko. “You’re like totally overly-emotional.”


Kyo looked to Kameko while she spoke, then back to Ken.


“Are you serious? How else did you slander me Ken.”, said Kyo. She scowled down at her ex.


“Look me and Kameko talk about a lot of stuff babe.”

“You’ve been dating her for a day far as I know?”

“Yeah, and that’s all I needed to know he’s the man for me.”, said Kameko.


“You’re totally right Ken by the way.”, she continued. “I just need to believe in myself and not give up. There’s a power in me I’ve yet to unleash.”

The turtle-monster-woman started waddling back and forth.

Kyo took a few steps closer to the upturned turtle-woman. She chuckled with her hands on her hips.

“What are you trying to do now? Get up again?”

“No!”, said Kameko.


“Aim.”, said Kameko.

“Gamma Radiation Power Breath!” shouted Kameko.

With her biggest waddle forward yet, Kameko did *not* manage to get back up, but she did open her mouth wide and unleash a fiery blast of bright blue breath Kyo’s way.


The thick column of azure inferno hit Kyo square on in the tummy before fanning out to cover the giant woman’s front. Kyo pulled up her arms to shield herself, but the didn't stop the irradiated flames from licking around her body to cover her well.


Kyo’s body felt hot, and not the good kind. It didn’t feel entirely like the bad kind either though. In fact, Kyo felt something familiar. A tingling sensation that stretched from her toes to the top of her head. She felt her body stretch.


Kyo kept her eyes shut till the blast eventually stopped. Kameko’s shell settled from its waddling, and the monster-woman herself was panting, and still quite stuck upturned.


When she moved her arms away from her eyes, Kyo blinked just in time to see her clothes fall to the ground as scorched black ash. She herself was fine though, albeit glowing externally again. The green glow continued as her body processed the influx of radioactive energies, which meant she was growing as well. The sides of her feet on one side started bulldozing the rubble, while the left side of her body knocked over some of the buildings farther south than the apartment complex. Her leg ripped through them, simply, as a pillar of flesh shoving the structures aside and to bits.


It wasn’t until Kyo stopped at her new height of 1000ft tall that the external glow faded.


Kyo looked upset.


“I can’t believe this!”, she said. Her words were punctuated with a stomp that manged to catch those last few military forces nearby beneath that fall of her foot.


“You ruined my clothes. Now I’m naked! Do you know how embarrassing this is. On top of that, you grew me too? That means it’s gonna be harder to more precisely crush my ex you know!”


Kameko saw that her breath’s effect and started flailing her limbs even more wildly.


“You’re toast, turtle gal!”


Kameko saw Kyo took one big step forward and loom above her. She tried to start spinning to fly away, but Kyo snatched her by the tail.


The 1000ft tall woman took up said tail with two hands.


“You wanna spin huh? Fine! I’ll have you spinning right away.”

Pivoting on her heels, Kyo spun her body, and the turtle-kaiju-woman by extension, around and around. The centrifugal force generated helped her to lift Kameko up and angle them up and away.


“So long, dumb turtle!”


Kyo let go and Kameko hurtled through the air towards the ocean. The monster-woman’s scream faded out into the distance.

Kyo watched with a smile, hand above her forehead to help with the Sun. She saw the monster-woman slam into a large oil tanker, which exploded in a great ball of fire.


“What?”, said Kyo. “Oh wow, I just wanted to send her back to the ocean. I didn’t mean to do that...”

Turtle shell shards and meat flew off from the deadly and loud kaboom. A few shards and chunks of hot flesh fell atop buildings, cleaving through roofs to either knock them over or heavily damage the things.


Kyo looked up as some chunks of the oil-cooked flesh rained her way. Shrugging, she opened her mouth to catch a few chunks in her mouth. She chewed before swallowing, as one should always do with meals like that.


“Mmf, not bad I guess. If you got lemons might as well make lemonade right?”

In the ensuing chaos, Kyo realized she almost forgot about Ken. She turned back towards the roof of the apartment complex. It was just in time to see him jump off the building.


“Ken what are you-”

The hip-dressed man pulled the cord of his backpack, and a parachute popped open.


Kyo noticed words on the canopy which read “World’s Best BF.”


She gasped.


“Who got you that?!? I don’t remember buying you a parachute as a gift?”


Ken shouted as he descended.


“Sorry babe, got to bail! With Kameko gone and you trying to kill me, I just think Tokyo isn’t the place for me anymore.”


Kyo watched the trajectory of the parachute as it took Ken gently over and into the front seat of his red convertible, parked nearby. He revved the engine then sped off away from Kyo towards the more north and less ruined part of the city.


“You can’t escape from me, idiot. I’m like 200 times your size!”


Ken’s fancy car could push 100mph (~160kph) at least, but that was still less than fifth of the speed Kyo could travel by simply *walking*. Kyo knew it: not the numbers precisely, but the gist of things.


She was big, big enough that his car was roughly the size of a marble to her as it sped through the city streets. Only the very tallest buildings in the city rivaled her height, and none of them were nearby. She had an unobstructed view from her gigantic height as to where he was.


Snickering to herself, Kyo let him get a tiny bit of a head start. Then, with just a few long strides, she fell upon him. Ken freaked out as her shadow covered much of the street he was in, but he kept on driving. Kyo lifted her foot up and slammed it down in front of his car. He quickly hit the breaks and turned to avoid colliding into the side of her ped. Looking through the interior mirror of his car, he could see part of her smug smile as she toyed with him.


“This is too fun~”, she said. “C’mon Ken, slow down~”


Ken’s car zipped through the evacuated streets. Eventually he worried about running into the streets that weren’t clear. Could be traffic, he figured. But, he settled on crossing that metaphorical bridge if he came to it.


Kyo continued trampling buildings as she sauntered towards Ken. The military had fallen a little bit back for now it seemed. She could see they were crowding the other, more people-packed regions of the city. There was still the idle pedestrian crowd or two, but they mostly took to the sidewalks or hid in the buildings which fell to the unyielding touch of Kyo’s falling feet.


Ken just kept focusing on trying to evade his ex-girlfriend, a task he quickly failed.


Kyo lifted her foot up and stomped it in front of his path again--which happened to fell a building beneath her heel and another beneath her toes. Ken had his path caught off once more by Kyo’s right foot. He throttled the brakes for a quick sliding turn, narrowly dodging the foot. His cheers were short lived as he soon lost control of the red convertible. It veered off the road straight into a street lamp.


The lamp-pole was pretty sturdy and bolted down tight. It ripped right through the front of the car, crushing the engine and some other gas filled things which shouldn’t be compressed under any circumstances. The car exploded in a great ball of fire so hot and powerful that it blew Ken’s severed head up through the air over Kyo’s shoulder.


She barely saw it fly by her, but she saw it.


“What! No!”

Kyo raised her foot and stomped down, hard. Her step broke through the road into a subway, where some people were hiding out near one of the stations. Of course they were flattened with ease, and the subway speeding through the tunnels crashed right into her toes.


She lifted her foot out of the hole she had made and stepped a little to the side. If anyone were alive in that part of the subway she just stomped into, they could look up to see her naked crotch.


None had survived, though.


“Fate once again swindles me out of the revenge I deserve. I didn’t get to kill my boss cause of aliens, didn’t get to kill my ex cause he made did one of those stupid power slide turns I was always telling him not to do.”, said Kyo.


She took a deep breath and sighed.

“Welp, at least they’re both gone. Now there’s nothing else to do besides take my frustrations out on one more thing: the city which treated me like garbage, or at least not well enough.”

A helicopter flew by her face. She pursed her lips and blew it out of the sky.


“That’s right, you hear me Tokyo! It’s time to fall! I’m finally free to have a proper rampage, been really feeling a rampage for a bit now. And know that nothing can stop me, not even the world’s greatest...”