- Text Size +

Chapter 3: Meteorite


“Arghhh!!”, yelled Kyo.

She was much too frustrated to try and evade the meteor as it hurtled towards the street. Everyone else was trying to, though, and they bumped her this way and that as they darted about in either direction. She was moved, by the crowd, right up close to the center of the road.


As her luck would have it, it was right in front of Kyo that the meteor landed, gaining its new meteorite status in the process.


As far as falling rocks from the sky go, it thankfully didn’t have that destructive an impact. Kyo was fine, aside from some dust of the road blowing by her.


Moving her arms away from where they shielded her eyes, Kyo took a good look at the meteor. She couldn’t help but notice its rather unsubtle green glow. In fact, many others noticed it, and were gathering around the small crater it had left, though keeping far more of a distance to it than Kyo was. That is why, unlike Kyo, they did not soon slip into the crater itself.


Kyo wasn’t too worried though. The crater was only a foot deep or so. The meteor itself a few feet in diameter itself, as much as diameter applied to something that wasn’t a perfect circle or sphere.


“What is that glow?”, asked Kyo to no one in particular.


“Is it radioactive?”, came another voice from the crowd.


“Don’t worry!”, came one man’s voice. He stepped out from the crowd to come into view. The elderly chap was wearing a stark white suit. His shoes and rimmed hat were black, and his hair was silver. He had a cane in hand, and the black tie of his suit had little meteor patterns on it.


He slid down the gentle slope and entered the crater on the other side.


“Who are you?”, asked Kyo to him in particular.


“A meteor-ologist”, he said. “Don’t let the title fool you, I study meteoroids and meteorites as well. You see, I teach at a university nearby, and I rushed towards where I expected the landing zone to be as soon as I saw that rock in the sky.”

“Are you sure that was a good idea-”

“With my expertise I can assure you all!”, he said, interrupting Kyo before continuing.


“That this meteorite is likely radioactive.”

The crowd gasped.


“Do not be alarmed! Any radioactive goop within is safely inert. I will prove it!”

He raised his cane and gave the meteor an academic poke with the end of it. Immediately, the other side of the meteor cracked, and green goop spewed out from the aperture all over Kyo.


No sooner did Kyo let out a scream.

“What the heck?!?”, she shouted after.

“Ah, sorry. Seems I might’ve been wrong!”, said the man.


“My skin is all tingly. I feel... weird.”


Indeed, the young woman’s entire form began to glow, then grow. Her skirt and blouse became tighter. It wasn’t long before she noticed that instead of everyone staring at her, they were staring up at her as her body expanded.


“What? No no no.”


Her clothes began to tear. Not so much that fell off, oddly enough, but enough that bits of fabric were falling down her thighs, and her taut tummy was bared to the outside air.


Some of the crowd started to try and run, but the vast majority were frozen, awestruck, gawking at the strange site.


Unfortunately for them, Kyo was in a little bit of a shocked state. All the oddness going on with her had her a tad nervous again, and she fidgeted her footing. This shifted her already unstable balance, which was made all the more unsteady since she was growing while moving. So, she fell forward.


The meteor-ologist had crawled out of the crater and back into the crowd after a few moments of looking at the green-glowing Kyo. The ex-office lady had hit 25ft by the time she fell forward. This wasn’t the biggest size anyone had conceived of by far. Buses were longer than she was tall.


But, she was still big, big enough for the front of her body to cover the meteor-ologist and many others as she stumbled a few steps forward and fell flat: metaphorically of course. It was the *people* beneath her that were actually flattened. She felt them crunch beneath her bosom, or against her palms as she flailed out to steady her fall.


“They’re dead!”, said some of the surrounding crowd.

“You monster!”, said some others.


“No, it was an accident!”, she shouted in defense. The roar groaned in protest as she pushed herself back up. Still growing, she shot up another 5 feet in height by the time she looked down to her body.


“Ack, ick. Eww.”

She brushed her clothes free from the broken bodies which, thankfully her already tattered wardrobe, didn’t leave much of a stain.


The crowd began to run and scream from her. She stood back up, fully.


“Wait no! Please this is an accident I didn’t mean to! Look, I stopped growing, see!”


Kyo had indeed stopped, for a moment. But, she took a careless step backwards, and felt a rocky crunch under her naked heel.


“What was that?”


Kyo lifted her foot to see what she had done. Her thoughtless step was back on the crater and on what was left of the meteor, fully pulverizing it. The last bit of radioactive space goo it contained absorbed through the skin of her left foot, while the rock itself was nothing more than brown space dust on the ground and falling off her foot as her glowing flesh seemed to ‘expunge’ it.


She felt the familiar tingling exacerbate instead of settle.


“No no no!”


Her body quickly grew again in two sudden spurts. Not wanting to get her foot stuck, she moved it out of the crater and atop some unfortunate car which had its even more unfortunate owner inside. He had been trying to start it to drive away.


He was fine at first, till the first spurt had her foot grow forward, in proportion, which crushed the front of the vehicle enough to crush him as well.


“Ack! Sorry!”, said Kyo.

She tumbled backwards again from that tin-can-crunch like sensation. It was a bit novel to her after all. Alas, her other foot then landed across some poor pedestrian trying to run away. He almost made it, but that second spurt of hers her her foot grow just enough to clip him with the heel. He was flattened beneath the flesh soon after.


“Ewww!”, said Kyo on reflex, feeling him just sort of pop.

“Err, I mean, no! This is morally horribly, not just gross.”, she said soon after. First impressions were the most important, and she wanted to to try and fix her already degrading reputation as a giant woman.

Kyo wiped her foot off, though the blood oddly fell from her sole on its own mostly. Her body seemed to self-clean now. While turned around, she saw a large glass building further along the way she had come from, and decided to move towards it.


The crowd did their best to make way. At 50ft tall, her feet were long enough to cover all but the tallest people with ease. The tallest people wouldn’t be covered entirely, but would likely still die.


Thankfully, she didn’t step on anyone, tall or no. It wasn’t that she was trying too hard, just luck mostly. There as also the fact that, at 50ft tall, her destination was just two thudding steps away.


Kyo turned towards the building whose windowed edifice made for a pretty good mirror. She was quick to notice that the green glow around her body had faded, which about aligned with her losing that tingling sensation over her body. Her skin, thankfully, had never turned green even while it glowed.


Kyo noticed her clothes were still torn and essentially ruined. On the one hand, their tattered nature made her a bit glum. After all, she spent good money on those clothes. Now, her black skirt was ripped to scarcely cover part of her thighs, as well as to bare glimpses at her white panties. Her white blouse had its sleeves rip right off as her arms grew out, and it exposed some view of black bra she had on underneath.


On the other hand, she was pretty impressed they held together at all. Kyo figured it spoke wonders for the quality of the garbs that they’d still be on her body at least, considering she just grew about 10x her old height of 5’2”. It was quite strange actually, since her small-medium clothes really, really shouldn’t be able to stretch like they did. They should’ve been torn shreds at her feet when she grew. In fact, she figured that they’d hold up like this at all was impossible.


Kyo decided not to think about it too much, just in case thinking about it too much could jinx things, and have her clothes rip off entirely like they should.


The last thing Kyo noticed was that the irises of her eyes had shifted from brown to a softly glowing green! That was not her natural color there, but she didn’t seem to mind it too much. While checking out her eyes, she pulled down the lid of her left, which was taken as an insult by the office workers inside the building.


“A giant monster is here!”, called one of them.

“A rude one at that!”


They and others then proceeded to run around and panic, trying to make for the stairwells, the entrances to which many forgot in their haste. One woman with her black hair in a bun and spectacles on her face said.


“Kyo? Ms. Dai? Is that you?”, said the woman.


“Wait.”, said Kyo. “I know you, you’re Mr. Shigoto’s Secretary. That means I’m standing in front of my old...”