- Text Size +

Chapter 17: Eldritch


“Eldritch? Oh like those giant squid things?”

“They are known to have tentacles often, yes. Anyways we hope one day you shall have the power to defend this universe from such forces. That is part of why we wish to serve you.”


Kyo shrugged. She leaned back into her massage, which by now was a full body one with her seat and backrest vibrating, and constructs working to massage her tummy now among other places.


She got to enjoy about 10 more seconds of that before reality began to tear.


Kyo perceived it with her eyes as space-time warbling in front of her, then folding, then being quite literally ripped apart with a sound like clothes tearing. A humongous mass of green shadowy flesh emerged from the aperture, dotted with myriad purple-irised, eyelashed eyes. It had tentacles of flesh, shadow, and shadow flesh.


“At long last, the veil of reality tears to my touch. The sacrifice of trillions of lives has been paid!”, spoke the being in a feminine, yet decidedly otherworldly voice.


The being didn’t use any mouths to speak, though Kyo could see a few circular sharp-toothed maws here and there among the immense shadowy bulk. The intruder on her “me time” was quite large, bigger than Kyo but on the same order of magnitude more or less.


The galactic constructs around Kyo moved from her body, though not to her delight but instead to ready themselves around the woman they worshiped. Kyo did still sit on the one seat-shaped formation, as well have the construct backrest behind her.


“No! It is happening now. But how, we predicted there would be many years before enough life would perish...”, said the first galactic-construct.


“Kyo, how many galaxies did you eat before we reached you?”, asked the construct sheepishly.


Kyo did a big exhale and stroked her chin.


“Oh, well, maybe like 5 or 6, Firsty.”

“Five or six?!?!?”


“Ok more like 8.”

“Eight?!?!?”, conveyed the galactic-constructs in unison.


“Ok geez it was like 15, maybe 16 alright. Also some nebulae.”


Though they lacked any sort of eyes or eye-like symbols, Kyo felt the judgment of the galactic-constructs nonetheless.


“Look I was bored, ok! Nothing wrong with a bit of a snack. I didn’t think killing all those people would weaken the fabric of reality even though--oh, yeah I guess that moon-eye thing was talking about that.”

“What?!?”, conveyed the construct dubbed as Firsty.


“You met an eldritch being and did not mention it?”, continued the construct.


“Enough of this prattling.”, said the eldritch entity as it slithered more out of the tear it made. “Prepare yourself, for P’lot the Inexorable, the very Mistress of Chaos has arrived, and your universe will be tugged in the chaotic weavings of my--”

“Oh yup. Yeah the moon thing mentioned you too.”, said Kyo.


“What?!?, you knew of this P’lot being and you still-”

“Silence!”, bellowed P’lot. It raised a shadow tentacle and wrapped it around the so-called ‘Firsty’, crushing them in its grip before shadows dissolved it.


“Firsty!”, yelled Kyo.


P’lot looked upon much of the other constructs with its purple eyes. Beams of shadows fired out to engulf and obliterate much of them as well.


“Not the others, no! Knock it off you jerk!”

P’lot fired another shadow ray out of a large eye. This time, she aimed at the galaxy-construct sex-toy, disintegrating it into the dark.


“Alright that’s the last straw!”, shouted Kyo.


The massive blue-orange-haired woman hopped out of her galactic-construct seat. Her body shimmered green as she focused up her power and charged P’lot for a powerful punch.


She landed the blow, feeling the eldritch flesh recoil a bit. However, a large tentacle from P’lot’s side swiped her backwards.


Kyo’s body slammed through the last two constructs, the ones that made up her seat and backrest, respectably. She flared her body’s aura, trying to build more power. As her massive form ripped through the constructs, destroying them, she carelessly and selfishly absorbed them before they could reform. Her body quickly grew up thousands of light years in size.


“Not bad.”, said P’lot. “It seems my observing servant was right about you. You have a formidable power. However, I am beyond the power of any beings in your orderly bubble of a universe. You have not even seen my true and full form yet!”


P’lot, with no few wiggling motions, slithered fully out of the tear in reality. It self-sealed behind her, and Kyo could see the being’s full, horrifying form at last!


She was basically the same rectangular serpentine form Kyo had seen already, only P’lot was about twice as long, and instead of her ‘end’ body tapering to a tail, it simply ended in another eye-covered, tentacle-wiggling rectangular end much as the front. It was about 3, maybe 4 times Kyo’s body in size, though comparisons were a bit hard for Kyo since it was a very different shape, and also cause it wouldn’t stop wiggling.


“That’s your true form? Oh ok that’s not too bad.”, said Kyo.


“Fool! You have not even begun to taste my chaotic powers! Bask in my shadow rays and be dissolved!”


P’lot fired a series of beams out many eyes towards Kyo. Kyo crossed her arms and flared her glowing aura to brace herself. Out of curiosity, she opened her mouth a little bit as the beam of shadow came her way, and did indeed taste it.


“Meh, kind of bitter. Like licorice.”

“What?!? Your resist my shadow rays?!?”

“Well they do sting a little bit I guess.”, said Kyo. “In fact yeah, cut it out!”

She blasted a volley of plasma-breath P’lot’s way, which seemed to hurt the eldritch being.


“Grrragh!”, bellowed P’lot.


The eldritch monstrosity rushed Kyo with its bulk at faster-than-light speeds. The two of them tore through the stars, galaxies broke against the pair, growing the both of them, but mostly Kyo. Her body seemed more adept at absorbing the bounties the stars offered.


Kyo pushed back, hard, with a faster-than-light charge of her own. The pair bumped into galactic groups and clusters now, still punching and slapping at one another with their limbs.


“Your resistance defies logic, so as a herald of chaos I respect it a little.”, said P’lot.


“Still, you have no hope against me. I have waited eons for this moment. The universe will be mine to unravel and reweave. You didn’t expect to lounge about forever did you? Being massaged and pampered by lesser beings? There will be none of that anymore. No self-indulgent touchings for you, and no starry snacks.”

P’lot focused all its eyes for an explosive burst of shadow energy. Kyo braced herself once more, and took the full brunt of the barrage. Her entire body was obscured by shadows. No few galactic groups were caught in the beam as well.


Kyo let out an anguished scream.


The eldritch being finished its blast, and watched for the obscuring shadows to clear.


P’lot’s many eyes widened. Kyo was still there, no worse for wear.


And she looked pissed.


“No more leisure? No more snacks?!? No way! I’ve had it with you. I’ve had it with this chaos!”


Her body aura flared with a rainbow of colors as she dashed towards P’lot. As she pushed against the eldritch mass, she was unleashing everything she had. Her chest flared up within as she hit P’lot with a blast of her plasma breath. She threw fireballs at the writhing mass of tentacles and eyes.


“G’ah!”, cried P’lot.


As the two bumped into a super cluster, Kyo kept punching and kicking. Her fists and feet tore through tens of galaxies, absorbing their power before the blows stroke P’lot.


“Ooof”


Kyo had never felt this powerful before. Her adrenaline was pumping. She felt more in tune with her body than ever. Her hair fluttered and glowed bright blue and orange in the void as she felt it was time finally. She held out her hand.


“Magic magic it would seem, I need your power to make a beam!”


Her hand started to glow. She was about to do it, but she had to think about how Yuri usually got the magic working. It finally clicked for Kyo; she realized what she needed: buzzwords.


“Friendship Understanding Compassion Kindness!”, Kyo shouted.


A torrent of sugary, sprinkled, galaxy-dwarfing frosted donuts fired out of Kyo’s hand along with a beam of potent magical light. The searing sugary radiance seared right through the Eldritch monster’s body in a sweeping volley. A huge chunk of flesh cut off, and several tentacles were sliced right off too by the piercing power of the beam. Any piece that fell off P’lot disintegrated soon after.


Kyo’s beam terminated and she flew in for a light speed kick across the area that could best be described as P’lot’s face. By now, the two were more or less equally scaled.


P’lot flung backwards, and Kyo took the moment to catch her breath.


“No!”, shouted P’lot.


The eldritch entity re-steadied itself, began to regrow its limbs and dark fleshy form.


“I will not be defeated her. You haven’t seen my true power, behold the threads of P’lot!”


P’lot’s tentacles warbled, and the eldritch entity took on a umbral-purple glow.


Kyo scoffed, then dashed forward through a few galactic clusters. Those things seemed to keep getting in the way.


“Not a chance, you can’t stop me-”

Kyo was stopped.


“What the?”

All around here were purple glowing threads, they quickly lashed around her form, tying her limbs to her side and holding her steady. Try as she might, she couldn’t move, or warp, or even turn into that energy-form of herself to slip through.


The beleaguered and worn P’lot made some pleased warbling utterance.


“I will not be stopped here. You are beyond my expectations, I admit, and I cannot bind you forever. Still, I’ve waited too long to breech the veil to be pushed back so easily. This universe will not escape P’lot. Never before would I imagine being forced to do this, but it seems this is the only option I have to beat you. I must use my thread to weave not chaos, but order.”

P’lot’s eyes shined and a great ball of shadowy purple-umbral yarn formed in front of her. She summoned up shiny obsidian needles in all her tentacles. Her serpentine form coiled around the yarn like a centipede or some other noodly creature.


She began to knit, her needles piercing reality with each and every dip. Every movement of those tentacular limbs shook the universe.


Kyo felt her body getting heavy. She felt pressure from all over and against her.


“G’ah, what are you doing!”, she shouted.


“I am weaving into the universe a new law. A disgusting law of order, but it is necessary.”

She kept fastidiously, reality kept quaking.


“Yes, I am bringing into being a law that will defeat you. I am bringing up the...”