- Text Size +

Chapter 16: Divine-ness


Kyo smiled, proud of her term which she believed approximated her state of power-set pretty well. Not quite a true god perhaps, but pretty darn close.


‘And now, with this power, I can have oodles of fun.’, she thought to herself: actually to herself as her mastery of psychic powers was pretty much complete.


She looked around the void of space at all the stars in the distance.


“What to do what to do”, mused Kyo.


“I guess I could have another rampage.”

Kyo went off to the nearest star system, which was at a rather small mini-galaxy which hadn’t been discovered during Earth’s history. It was rather small in the amount of stars it had, but also very small in the sense of being compared to her. Kyo looked down at it, and saw it was scarcely bigger than her hand. In size.


“Hmm, a bit smaller than I expected. I guess I got a bit big.”

She zoomed in with her senses to take in the sight of the billions of lives spread across the myriad worlds there. To her surprise, most of them didn’t even notice her. Only the most advanced civilizations had any idea there was a large object outside their galaxy, and even then they couldn’t identify its nature.


“Hello!”, she said, her voice booming over them all. “I’ve come to destroy you all. What do you think about that, huh? Wait, why am I asking when I can just find out on my own.”


Kyo used her psionically superior brain to tune into all their billions of thoughts. Such as:


‘Whoa anyone else hear that.’

‘What’s going on?’

‘My glasses just fell off the table. The kind I drink with, not the ones I wear.’

‘Who’s that lady that’s destroying us? Is that that space goddess the Milky Way Galaxy people were sending us digital pamphlets about?’


Kyo grunted, it seemed like they weren’t really comprehending the gravity of their position. She lifted a foot above the entire galaxy, and angled her toes towards it.


“Ha, what about now you fools? I’m about to obliterate you with a single foot of mine. Aren’t you humiliated?”


More thoughts rolled in, including but limited to:


‘What? Where’s the proof of that?’

‘Hmmm the high powered telescope is showing some light occlusion I suppose, but that could be anything.’

‘Huh nothing’s changed, what’s the space voice on about?’


Kyo quickly realized that she was so utterly immense that they couldn’t even see the consequence of her near actions yet. Her toe was light years across, and light years away. It would be literal years before any of them could detect her toe via light alone, probably, she reasoned. Some had more advanced tech to detect it immediately, but they were few and far between, and hardly enough to sate her appetite for a rampage with their more calculated types of panic and pleading.


“Oh no, you’re all too small.”, she mused.


“Or rather, I’m much too big. Well whatever, maybe once you actually can feel me your tune will change. Ha!”

Kyo dipped her foot into the galaxy and gave it a swirl. She telepathically gleaned a few messages of panic.


“Yes, perish against my toe!”, she said.


Yet, even when she literally told them how she was destroying them, many still didn’t get it. All they thought about was the sudden darkness in their sky for a brief second before everything they knew was destroyed: even that was rare. For most of the star systems, people didn’t even have enough time for their synapses to spark for a single thought before contact with her toe obliterated them. She had also neglected to manipulate her body’s gravity as well right away, which meant a large amount of stars just zoomed into her toe from that force’s tug.


The galaxy swirled away in less than couple seconds against her. Her body happily absorbed it, and she rocketed up in height once more. Yet, Kyo herself was far from happy.


“It can’t be, I am too big! How am I supposed to rampage if I can’t interact with them all, at least a little.”

She frowned.


“Perhaps I’ll never be able to rampage again.”

The dejected Kyo took to flying about the cosmos aimlessly. She stumbled upon Andromeda galaxy, hovering above her face.


She pouted before opening wide and eating it. It made her feel a bit better as it dissolved on her tongue and in her stomach. Billions of stars, trillions of lives, mere food. But, it only took her away from her sad thoughts for a little bit.


Kyo continued wandering about the cosmos, stress eating any galaxy or nebulae or any other space thing she came across. She quickly passed double her old size.


Many advanced civilizations did detect her, even galaxies away. However, even if they warped to a neighbor galaxy, it was only a matter of time till she showed up, and their particular warp engines needed time to charge as most did, so they only delayed their status as an inevitable meal.


Kyo wandered like this for what felt like eons. However, it was actually only an hour or so.


Then, she was contacted.


Kyo was lingering around a fairly empty region of space--like most regions of space--when they showed up.


In front of her popped in a large metal construct made of the prettiest looking alien metals she had seen yet, and had the most elegant and smart-looking decal-like patterns on it as well.


It was also enormous. It dwarfed the scale of a galaxy several fold.


Still, to Kyo, the gray-metal disc was only about the size of a small fruit, only flat.


“Greetings Kyo.”

“Oh.”, she said. “Who are you?”

“We are people who have heard your ramblings in the void, as well as the telepathic messages you sent out. We are fervent worshipers of your new divinity!”


“What? Oh no not more worshipers. I’ve only had annoying ones so far. I think I’ll just destroy you, could kill some more time I guess.”


Kyo reached out towards the construct.


“Wait!”, it said via speakers as well as telepathy towards her.


“We are different. We are far beyond them in advancement.”, it conveyed.


“Who is we, you keep saying we?”

“We are an advanced type III civilization that has harnessed all the energy of our galaxy. We have forgone conflict for the sake of unity, and thus have linked our minds into a super-democracy hive-mind. In that sense, by talking to one of us, you talk to all of us inside the construct, for even though we are separate, we hide nothing from each other and-”


“Ok I get it, geez.”, said Kyo.


“Also, there are more civilizations like ours, and together we have formed an alliance: the Alliance of Supreme Societies.”


More such constructs warped into the space. Each one was slightly different than the first, but only slightly. A little flatter or thicker as a disc, different decals and things like that. They each sent an obsequious greeting Kyo’s way.


“So, ASS then?”, said Kyo.


“If it is your will to shorten our group’s title, so be it.”

“Ok well, nice to meet you all I guess.”

“It is the highest honor to meet you!” conveyed one of the galactic constructs. “Please, let us serve you!”


“I don’t knooooow. I mean, why would you want to serve me anyways?”

“Well you see.”, began one of the construct-hivemind-things.


“In reaching the peak form of civilization, we ran out of ways to improve. We also may have made some wrong turns, and foolishly removed some things which we thought were flaws, but led to enjoyment.”

“Such us?”

“Such as a need or want to eat, and of course any sort of licentious desires.”

“Ok too much information you can stop.”

“But there’s more! We never thought to find a superior being to us within the universe, and yet here you are. Now, our peak civilizations have purpose anew!”


“Wait, if you’re so advanced, can’t you just regain your libido and hunger or whatever?”

“No.”, replied the constructs in unison.


“Ok whatever, but it sounds like you are just kind of bored like I am.”

“I suppose that is true. But in any case, please grant us this purpose. Let us serve you.”

“I’m not so sure I haven’t had much luck with worshipers yet.”

“We can provide you pleasures nothing else in this universe can. Our constructs are made of advanced morphing metal. Any shape you desire we can turn into. Any tool that’s needed, we can form.”

Kyo had a long sigh.


“Well, I guess it’s worth a try. Go ahead, show me.”


Immediately all the tens of galactic-constructs rushed over. They were quite eager.


A few interlinked and stretched out to provide a chair-like backing to Kyo, while others combined and stretched out to form a seat.


“Please rest against us.”, they conveyed.

“Alright I guess I’ll sit on you.”.


And she did.


Two moved down to her feet, one per, and started massaging the area there with the precision and attention to detail only a morph-able super-advanced galactic-construct could provide. They vibrated as they moved, precisely pleasing the right muscles and spots at the right time.

“Oooo”, cooed Kyo. She reclined in the super-tech chair they made, and two more constructs flew up to her horns. There they wrapped themselves about the hard protrusions, rubbing and vibrating against the symbol of those infernal powers she absorbed awhile back.


“Whoa-ah, mmnf”


Kyo fidgeted from the sudden delight that provided. She forgot how sensitive those horns were. Her toes scrunched and partially-crunched some of the constructs down by her feet, but they quickly repaired themselves and kept working.


Another construct hovered by Kyo and morphed into a long column with a sturdy base and a rounded, ribbed top. It vibrated. She booped it with her finger and pushed it slightly to the side.


“Maybe later, but I like what you’re thinking.”


The construct ceased vibrating and remained on standby.


Yet another construct flew by, this one spherical in form, with two arm-like limbs. One ended in a metal hand, and another an open aperture as like the end of a tube.


“If it pleases the divine Kyo.”, stated the construct. “We have harvested some stars for you to consume. They’ve been processed together into a super stellar mass.”


“Oooh, sounds fancy. Let’s see them.”

The tube arm shot offered itself forward, and the pampered Kyo extended her palm. It shot out a few of the star-masses into her hand, with each colorful mass of hot plasma energy being roughly the size of a grape.


Kyo pinched them up and popped them in her mouth. One by one, she swallowed happily. Her body slowly grew as expected, and she felt her formidable powers expand as well: though she couldn’t quite explain how without trying to explore the matter more, which she didn’t.


She wanted to relax.


“If you wish, I can feed them to you.”, conveyed the construct.

“No no that’s fine.”, she said. “But keep them coming.”

She extended her hand again for another helping, and popped that all into her mouth at once.


“Good thinking.”, said the first construct she had met.


“Thanks Firsty”, she said, giving it a name since they weirdly never shared one with her for their specific kind or even the construct.


The construct continued conveying a message.


“Yes, you will need all the power you can get oh divine Kyo. For our legends and science tell of beings lurking behind the veil of reality and order. Flippant beings of chaos which serve to disrupt the calm and relaxed states of many, such as yourself. Beings that defy explanation. Beings that are...”