- Text Size +

Chapter 14: Star


Kyo disappeared under the surface of the Sun, but this time, she did not resurface within a few seconds. The plasma around her bubbled, flares launched as arcs before falling back into the plasma mass.


Then, the Sun started shrinking! Its bright mass started dwindling down equally from all angles of its spherical surface. The entire collection of mass and energy it dwindled away.


Away into Kyo!


The Sun started to cool and lost a large chunk of its size. The darkened surface then lit up again with an orange-glow. Kyo broke free from the remnants of the now dead star, a star whose power she slurped into herself both metaphorically and literally.


Rivers of residual Sun-plasma flowed down her naked body like waterfalls. They trailed down her legs some, but typically her body absorbed it all before then. Her blue hair now glowed a tad, but in particular towards the very end of the strands, where it also glowed as orange tips. Indeed, her hair had a few orange “highlights” now as well.


Kyo’s green eyes glowed the same gentle green as her body, which preserved its usual whitish-flesh color of skin. With the radiance about her flesh, she subtly reflected the powerful and graceful star she just consumed. Yes, she was briefly the pinnacle of grace in the galactic quadrant.


Briefly.


“Hyuuuck”

Kyo lurched her throat.


“Too~”

And spat out a thick glob of plasma. She coughed out some more of the stuff too.


“Bleh.”, she said. “I almost drowned there, wew, that was almost dangerous.”


She caught her breath and sighed.


“But it’s over. It’s over, and I’ve never felt so powerful before! I’m as large as the Sun was! This energy, this control... its at least one league, maybe two or more ahead of what I had before. I guess that’s how this all works, once you absorb a star you really start feel the real power!”


She raised a hand and watched it glow. Her body was still expanding for a moment before it settled, yet she found she could make the aura glow persist if she wanted to: but she didn’t.


“This celestial power, this potential! I can sense the energy radiating from the stars. I can sense the cores of planets, waiting for me to slurp them up. My vision can see light years.”

She grinned, then looked towards the stars all around her. She had developed the ability to turn and move in space, which was very useful to her.


“Now, it’s time for my long-awaited proper rampage. Post-planetary isn’t what I had in mind, but it will do just fine. Now, let’s see where to go.”


She used her powerful senses.

“Ah how about over there, that star seems the shiniest that’s remotely nearby.”


With a thought, Kyo turned into pure energy and zipped on over towards the star system light years away. It took her mere seconds.


A flash of green, blue, and orange light manifested in the war-torn solar system. Dozens of planets dotted the rather crowded star system, and between and opposite all of them were fields of silver saucer spaceships and jagged, red claw-looking spaceships. They came in varying sizes and slight shape differentiation, and were locked in constant combat with one another. Militarized moons were also on the battlefield, firing enormous missiles and lasers at one another.


The largest machine wasn’t any artificial moon though, but rather the utterly gigantic metallic plates enshrouding the system’s super-sized star. It had a few windows to let light and heat out though of course, but otherwise completely covered the ball of plasma that dwarfed even Kyo’s height by ten fold at least. It served as the first backdrop for the space battle, before Kyo had showed up in her new colorful state of matter of course to serve as a second and new one.


The expanse of invading luminous energy hovered like a silhouette, only with depth. The amorphous thing slowly formed to better resemble a female human, and then further refined to take on the shape of Kyo specifically. Ships caught in the energy mass were absorbed as it solidified into Kyo’s full, star-sized form proper.


“Haha, greetings space germs, I Kyo have come to destroy-, wait something’s not right here.”

Kyo looked down to see her petite rump.


“Ah!”, screamed Kyo.


“My head’s on backwards. Hang on one moment.”


Kyo turned back into her physically-transcendent energy form, and focused on fixing her body back up. She succeeded, and was delighted to see her naked chest with a tilt of her head.

“Ok perfect now-”

However, she did reform upside down, as the planets had their south poles north and vice versa from when she super-sensed them zipping in.


Grumbling, she used her new powers to rotate back upright.


“Alright no more energy form for awhile, too much trouble. As I was saying, I, Kyo, have come to rampage your star system. It’s nothing personal, but this is a long time coming for me and I’m not going to let something as middling as fairness or morals stop me from this. If it’s any consolation, knowing my luck, you’d end up broken anwyays sooner or later just by me being in the area and-”

“Attention Klepdarians!”, blared a planet-sized mothership of silver sheen.


“A Big Homo has entered our star system. I repeat, a Big Homo has entered our star system.”


“Is this one of your tricks High Chancellor Xarnu?”, came another message. The sound broadcasted from another artificial planet of sorts, only it was red and yellow and shaped much like a bee hive rather than a squarish shape as its opposing mothership was.


“Do not slander me Mantillda, you foul mantis queen. I would never recruit an inferior species as a war beast, unlike you and your space beetles.”, said Xarnu. Again, the sound projected from the mother-mothership Xarnu commanded.

“Do not insult the beetles!”, came Mantillda’s voice from the bee-hive super-ship that she commanded..

“What?!?”, said Kyo “It’s you? You gray alien things live here?”

“Yes!”, came the message from the artificial planet which, like most planet-sized things in space, appeared as little bigger than a speck to Kyo.


“I must say I am disappointed by Klepdarian-378’s report on the novel ‘Big Homo’ species. He seems to have gotten your size wrong by several orders of magnitude. I can’t imagine how this mistake was made. Perhaps he examined you with the ship’s binocular unit backwards?”


“Ok, no. Forget what I said. This rampage will be very, very personal.”, said Kyo.

“Wait!”, cried Xarnu, commander of the mother-mothership for the Klepdarians, among other duties.


“You don’t understand. Our kind has been in perpetual warfare with the Insectoids for centuries over who should dominate our home star system. You must help us!”

“What?”, Kyo bellowed. “Why would I help you?”

“You see, the Insectoids are bugs, and bugs are gross.”

Kyo paused.


“Hmmmm that is a good point. Fine, I’ll tell you what. This ‘inferior species’, who can command her state of matter now, by the way, will help you.”

“Yay!” cheered many Klepdarians over the microphone which conveyed sound from the mother-mothership.


“However, I’ll be destroying you all after. Muwhahaha!”

Kyo had herself a good laugh.


“Very well, agreed!”

“What?”, said Kyo.


“What the-”, said Mantillda of the Insectoids.


“The alternative would be you fighting the both of us, or us first. Both are not preferable obviously. So yeah sure, we’ll just worry about you later. Worst case, even if wiped out.”


He paused for a high pitched laugh at the idea.


“Well, then at least we will have won the war first.”

Kyo blinked a few times, then shrugged.


“Very well, prepare yourself Insectoids and, a little after, Klepdarians!”

Kyo levitated into the fray a many-planet-length distance away from those super-ships. She decided to move into a swarm of fighting spaceships first. Although she said she’d help the Klepdarians, she didn’t do the best job of discerning which ships were which even with her superior senses making that really really easy if she put in even a modicum of effort.


Fleets of alien crafts exploded against her naked skin. She moved into the inter-planetary battlefield from the top down, so most ships exploded against her idly moving feet, or were obliterated by a wiggle of her planet dwarfing toes. She made a game of it, wiggling her toes closer and closer as alien ships fired their volleys of lasers and missiles at it before, realizing the futilely, tried to speed away. She caught them with her toes every single time.


A few million ships lived long enough to explode against her crotch when she descended but, if they didn’t speed out of the way, most were dead by the time her face was level with that mass of ships.


From there, she hovered over towards the Insectoid part of the system, which was a bit farther away from the star-construct than the Klepdarian worlds. Her face was level with clusters of their planets as they hit her with volleys of their advanced space nukes launched from the surface. The attack served to grow her tens of miles at a time but, alas, were hardly much of a boost to her at her current state. They didn’t even make her glow.


She licked her lips and opened wide, chomping down around the insectoid planets to swallow them and the surrounding protective fleets down whole.


The planets’ geothermal energies flowed into her as she digested the worlds. All the weapons the Insectoids could muster couldn’t harm the interior of her stomach. All they did was rumble more of the moon-sized droplets of digestive fluids to rain down upon them and their ships. The very acidic air inside her gut was causing ships to sputter, malfunction, and crash at times.


“Mmm, not bad~” said the be-horned Kyo as she grew another few thousand miles.


She wanted more, and quickly turned around to the nearest cluster of planets. She extended her tongue and lapped the verdant orbs up.


“Kyo no!”, came Xarnu’s voice from the mother-mothership’s speaker system. “Those were our worlds.”

“Oh well.”, she said. “Can’t make toast without bread as they say.”


“What?”

“It’s an Earthling expression, you wouldn’t get it. Also I don’t like your tone anymore.”

She hovered back towards that silver artificial planet--the mother-mothership--and the red-yellow super-sized hive ship as well. Along the way, she scrunched her toes around some planets by her feet, which did happen to be mostly those belonging to the Insectoid empire.


She curled her fingers about the two planet-sized flag-constructs for each side.


“I think I’ve created enough of an advantage for you Klepdarians to have won by now if you were really skilled.”

“There are dozens of Insectoid planets left, scores of fleets. It’s only been a couple minutes!!!”

“Haha!”, came Mantillda’s voice. “Your pet naked-monkey god-woman is saying you suck, Xarnu.”


“No she’s not!”


“Yes I am.”, said Kyo. “You both suck. If you can’t settle your differences in your home star system, perhaps you can settle them while you help settle my hungry stomach~”

She brought her palm, and everything hovering near it, into her open maw. Strands of saliva broke against the two mega-structures, already causing malfunctions before she even swallowed. Her throat squeezed the two artificial worlds real tight together, so naturally they each sent armies to quickly board the opposing planet-scale ships.


When they plopped down into her churning, planet dissolving stomach, each ship was loaded with more than the opposing side than their own! While the ships shot lasers and missiles at each other, soon the weapons crews were overrun by the opposite forces, who slaughtered them then took control to disable the weapons. The Insectoids cut down foes with laser swords and their own claws and pincers, or beetle-horns on their heads. The Klepdarians mostly shot lasers as they cleared the opposing hive room by room.


The invading crews first shut off the weapons for the super-ships. However, they quickly realized that the exact same situation was happening on their own super-constructs, and so they re-enabled the weapons to shoot at the opposing planet-scale constructs which they now knew contained the enemy force.


So, with the ship crews swapped, each force was destroying their own mega-structure: the pride of their respective empires.


Of course, while this was going on, neither Kyo nor her stomach were idle. The churnings were bouncing the mega-structures too and fro, and they had a common unassailable foe in the form of all the splashing and dripping stomach acids. The fleets Kyo had devoured were falling as well, but not before taking a few shots at their lifelong enemies inside the enormous fleshy cavern which was illuminated, as always, by Kyo’s inner body-glow.


Kyo herself was flying around, gorging herself on planets which tumbled down into the conflict in her gut. She pursed her lips about entire fleets of forces and sucked them all in too. Interspersed between her mini-feasts where quick battles of hers with the aliens. She dealt with those with a kick from her foot and a clench of her fist if not eating them, of course. The aliens lost every single time.


Kyo was having a blast, and growing all the while. The energy contained with the super-constructs she ate, which eventually fell to the bottom of her stomach and dissolved, was enough to give her tens of thousands of miles more height.


She danced through billions of spaceships of varying sizes. She smashed scores of planets against her bosom or tummy or wherever her sudden and strange fancies demanded her to.


“Ah this is so much fun!”, she beam. “Finally nice to have a proper rampage. Nothing could ruin this moment. Surly there will be no more...”