- Text Size +

Chapter 12: Demons


The infernal beings shouted up towards Kyo. One rather large island-sized one spoke up, its horns alight with fire and its legs hooved and hairy like a goat’s. Her voice was feminine.

“Free, finally free! Your finger dug deep enough to give us a way out from below. Now we are finally free to scorch this pathetic planet. There is no denying your role in this, nor your immense power. Yes, you are the Demon King!”

“All hail the Demon King!” shouted the demonic legions which were still very much funneling out of the crater like a swarm of multi-sized ants.


“Uh what? No no my name is Kyo.”

“All hail Kyo, the Demon King!”, they shouted.


“Wait wouldn’t I be a Demon Queen, I’m obviously a woman so-”

“To you, oh great Demon King, we offer the customary boon of infernal power, stored deep within the fiery pits of the Earth where no soul dares tread, as it’s very hot.”


“Wait no I don’t know about that, you see I’m kind of figuring stuff out first you know and-”

The demons raised their arms and unleashed a deep tonal vibration from their throats. The crater Kyo’s finger had made started to shake and rumble. Shortly after, a torrent of red-orange energy, licked with infernal flames, shot out from the hole towards Kyo’s looming face.


It was very, very warm, and tickled her lips on impact. Her body soaked it all up. Then, she started to glow yet another color, orange-ish red this time.

“Look I appreciate it but I’m not exactly prepared to grow right now, I just grew and-”

The tingling sensation suffusing her body felt different than usual, she realized. It started to fizzle, even burn a little bit: but a good way, like spicy food. She also felt a curious pressure atop her head. She placed her hand there, knocking out a few satellites inadvertently. There, she felt some strange protrusions: soft but hard. They grew upwards, pushing against her palm with their pointed tips.


Kyo looked down at the ocean again, gazing at a faint reflection. She saw the protrusions as they finally stopped, well, protruding, and settled at a certain length.


“Horns?!?”


Indeed, Kyo now had slightly curved, somewhat short grey horns atop her head. They weren’t so short to look like stubby oni horns, but they weren’t so long as to be overly ridiculous at a glance. They jutted out from the top of her head, near but above the forehead. Her blue hair, another recent feature, mostly flowed around the things.


Despite that she still wasn’t a fan at first.

“What did you do? Now what if I want to wear a hat.”


She brought one hand up to a horn and gave it a rub. It... oddly felt quite nice to do that. Her spine tingled.


“We’ve given you the legendary infernal energies we were safekeeping oh great Demon King. There is no need to protest, its powers are well deserved by you.”


“Powers? What powers? I just have horns now.”

“Try spitting fire!”, one demon suggested.

“Alright I could kind of do that before but, fine, I suppose.”

She pursed her lips and hovered them over New Zealand. Focusing, she felt a slew of heat in her throat and she spat out a thick gob of hot... saliva.”

The gob of fairly normal, albeit hot, spit fell from her mouth to inundate the island nation of New Zealand. The citizens there get one last look at Kyo’s face, filtered through the translucent goo falling down at them.


They weren’t alone, though, as many demons from the crater had spread a bit south-east to the civilizations of that nation, and were in the middle of rampaging there when the spit fell. They were at the mercy of their careless new Demon Lord, who spat without even seeing if they were down there.


The impact of the liquid was enough to destabilize the islands with a quake, and it began to quite literally sink and drown in her spittle which, of course, was hot enough to redden skin a bit as an added sting to the people below. The demons could handle the heat far better, but they had issues resisting the inundation as it snuffed many of their flames out. Even the more resistant of the infernal fiends were dragged down by it deep into the ocean. Indeed, even their formidable strength couldn’t quite clamber out of the viscous goop in time before it claimed them.


Still, some of the very largest demons lived and simple brushed the saliva off themselves, or considered it a blessing from their Demon King, in which case they just sort of let it drip off them naturally and grossly as they marched to ravage Fiji or whatever other islands to the north.


“Sorry! I didn’t mean to do that, that was supposed to be a fire ball.”, she said, as though that made it better.


A large, island-sized succubi shouted up.


“Don’t worry oh great Demon King, you’ll get the hang of it later, probably.”


Kyo noticed the succubi pop a handful of humanity, as well as many imps, into her gob and gulp them down.


“Gee thanks.”, Kyo said.


The demons cheered and yelled as they kept pouring out of the crater.


Kyo watched them at work for a short while. The diversity of their make impressed her. They came in all sorts of sizes and with varying features: you had giant alluring succubi and tiny ugly imps, as well as rather large but not as traditionally alluring--to Kyo at least--ogre-like demons with razor sharp teeth and huge mono-horns on their heads. Others were simply the size of houses or larger buildings, while many were as big as she was when she was rampaging in Tokyo.


She noticed same familiar traits among them. They all had at least one horn it seemed, and each had a skin color that varied in shades of either blue or red, or rarer, green with some purple and pink demons out and about too.


She also noticed they were invariably female, even if hard to tell at a glance. None of them seemed particularly fond of clothing, which was how Kyo discerned it. She wondered if that’s why they dubbed her the “Demon King”, as the gender designation of the word “King” probably had little meaning to them.


She mulled over that bit of potential lore for a moment, before focusing on their destructive actions.


The ones with wings could fly fast across the globe, others simply marched like chaotic ants. She saw the infernal hordes fall upon cities, quite literally sometimes. They were ripping and burning civilization to shreds.


“Oh well.”, she said, reaching her arms back for a stretch. “Not my problem.” her legs, too, stretched. It was odd not feeling any ground beneath her toes, but she imagined she’d get used to it.


Her eyes trailed the destructive campaign of the infernal hordes.


She let out a sigh.


“It can’t get much more ridiculous then this.”


Kyo felt a small object bump into her chest.


“What the?”

She noticed the gray, baseball-scaled cratered rock that just nudged into her left breast.


“Oh, it’s just the moon.”


She reached out to move it aside, but paused with a gasp. It was vibrating, shaking against her flesh. The entire rock-sphere rotated 180 degrees, the traditional “dark side” of the moon facing her. A large crater there splint upwards down a horizontal middle, and a big green-scleraed eye revealed itself with an oval-shaped black pupil.


“What the?”

Tentacles also sprouted out of a few craters on the moon.


“C’mon now, more nonsense?”, said Kyo. “What are you supposed to be?”


“I am T'rop'e, humble servant of the great and unfathomable P’lot.”, said the moon-thing, and a without need for a mouth.

“Who?”, said Kyo.

“As planned, the threads of P’lot shall weave, and the veil of reality will weaken with the sacrifice of trillions of souls. All the order in the cosmos will collapse and-”

“Ok whatever I don’t need your life story. I’ve had a bit of a long day so far so let’s cut to the chase, why are you in our moon?”

“Fool! Your planet never had a natural moon. I simply took the form of one, where I observed this planet as a faithful servant. I must make sure the plans go accordingly, and that the great P’lot is fulfilled! To that end, you are an obstacle. I have been watching you. You are much too strong already, and must meet your doom before you can jeopardize things further.”


“Excuse me?”


The moon-being-thing flew off of Kyo’s tit and towards her neck. It started slapping at the skin there with its myriad tentacles.


“Ow, hey quit it!!!” said Kyo. She moved to swat it once, but it dodged out of the way.


Down on the surface of the Earth, the demons looked up at the scene in the sky: also some humans did too of course, if they weren’t too busy being slaughtered by the demons.


“Infernal allies, our Demon King is in trouble! Do your noble duties and aid her!”


Kyo noticed the demons out of the corner of her eye. They seemed to be moving with slightly more purpose.


“It’s ok it’s not really that big of a threat I just need to-”

“Demon King!”, shouted a large island-sized demon. “We have a gift for you!”


Kyo looked down as thousands upon thousands of missiles and rockets were heading her way.


“We’ve no need for this junk, but some humans were discussing how these seemed to grant you power! The imps said they found the ‘launch codes’, so the boon is yours!”


“Are you serious?!? That’s not really necessary you know.”, said Kyo.


She wasn’t in much of a position to move or dodge, and the entire arsenal of the world’s nuclear weapons exploded against her right nipple. They were heat seeking apparently, and in her awkward tussling with the squidly moon-monster, that part of her body was titled to be closest at the time.


The volley exploded against the erogenous flesh in a great burst of fire. The warmth and ensuing tingling felt nice, but she was in no mood to enjoy herself like that at the moment. Nonetheless, tingles wracked her body as it processed the incoming energy.


Kyo was growing again, and by far more than she expected.


“What the? Is my body more efficient at absorbing this stuff now?”


T’rop’e continued slapping till it couldn’t any longer. It hadn’t quite expected to be tussling with an even larger foe, and against its will wound up slipping down her neck towards her left breast again. There, it briefly held onto the nipple while Kyo finished her growth.


When the tingles settled, Kyo was big enough that the planet hovered to her front like a basketball. The moon-thing was now much more akin to a marble to her. She noticed it flapping at her nipple.

“Ah, pervert!”


She shook her chest a little to the side, and T’rop’e flew off the pink areola to the left and backwards. Kyo grinned, as the moon-being was now right near her armpit. She flexed her shoulder down and tightly hugged her arm to her side, thoroughly crushing the strange entity within her armpit. When she lifted her arm back up, the being was but moon dust flowing away from her skin.


The demons below cheered as they watched their lady’s triumph. Kyo had a smile on her face herself.


“Too easy~”, she said, basking in the praise of the demons.


“Our Demon King is unbeatable!” cheered many with slight phrasing variations.


“Did you demons know about that moon person?”


“No.”, said a bunch of the demons.


“It seems like they want to make the universe all weird though, we demons aren’t about that. We’re about ripping, tearing, and burning.”, said an island-sized demon.

“We’ve found another one of those nukes for you, my graceful Demon King.”, said another larger demon. “The imps said they had to fiddle with floppy discs for this one. Not sure what that was about.”

“Oh? Well, I guess one more can’t hurt.”, said Kyo.

The aged missile flew up through the atmosphere and towards Kyo’s face. She awaited the impact as usual, but didn’t quite expect it to sputter into her right nostril and explode there. A familiar green glow wreathed her form again, but in addition to tingles, she felt an itch in her nose.


“Ah, ah, A-chooo!


Kyo let lose a powerful sneeze over what was left of the Euro-Asian continents. She had ruined much of it with her earlier stomping and growth, but the demons were also hard at work there, breathing fire on cities and stomping mortals and their makes flat.


The bulk of the sneeze’s destruction was its force. Kyo’s breath fired powerfully and blew layers of the Earth deeper into the ground. Flecks of spittle rained down too, snuffing out demon and settlement alike.


The worst hit though was Japan. A mucousy gob was dislodged from her right nostril by the sneeze. Though a small booger to her, it was more than large enough to ravage her home nation. The mass of snot crashed into the island, causing it to start to sink as the less viscous bits of the booger crept out to engulf settlements near the coast. The mucus was utterly inescapable once even partially submerged in it.


Tokyo, where she was stomping around in not too long ago, was entirely covered by the central mass of the glob. As the island sunk, what few people of Japan not yet drowned by the gunk viewed it a rather cruel ‘apology gift’ for the trouble she had caused.


Demons of course weren’t safe either, and their fidgets in the snot served only to sink themselves and the many millions of people deeper in towards their doom.


Kyo scrunched her nose. Shortly thereafter her latest nuke-primed growth spurt hit, body-glow settling away, and the planet was the size of a baseball to her now.


“Ah, sorry about that.”, she boomed down.

“It is no trouble great Demon King, the puny humans deserve to suffer!” said one of the large demons.


“Yeah but I got some of you demons too. Didn’t really mean to there.”, she said. Her hand scratched the back of her neck, not cause it itched but as the gesture to settle nerves or the like.


“Nonsense, it was your will Demon King. They were honored to be doomed by you.”

“Help!”, screamed many of them as they choked on her mucus.


“In any case it doesn’t matter. This planet is nearly destroyed!”, continued that one large demon.


Kyo took a good look at the planet. Fire was licking across the surface. Pretty much every city was stomped and, or, scorched. Her sneeze had also left quite the crater across Euro-Asia.


“Yeah you all did a pretty good job of wrecking the planet.”

“The first of many!”

“Hmm?”, said Kyo.

“That’s right!”, chimed in another demon. “This is the perfect time for us to join you.”

“Join me?”

“Yes!”, chimed in yet another of the infernal fiends.


“As is our culture, we are to ride and live atop your body and follow you into the stars. As you carve a path of destruction across the cosmos, we will help you by swarming plants to pick them apart. In-between that, we can of course help you do your hair in any style you like, and we are more than happy to eat any space mites or other smaller species off your skin should you encounter them.”

“What?!?”, said Kyo.

“Do not be bashful, such pampering treatment is well-deserved. Do not worry either, as we, like you, are immortal, so we can travel with you forever!”


The demons erupted into a cheer.


“So, just set a finger down or something and we’ll climb up it.”

Kyo blinked a few times.


“I don’t think so demons. Thanks but no thanks. I *am* done with this planet though.”

She grabbed the Earth by its bottom, her fingers digging deep into the molten, burning crust with her hold. She brought it a tiny bit closer to her face. A few demons tried to climb onto her finger, but she shifted the digits lightly to knock them away or, if they were the flying type, pursed her lips for a quick blow of air to knock them to the surface again.


Part of Kyo debated taking a bit out of it: eating a piece of it out of some sort of perverse yet oddly alluring sentimentality. However, she remembered she had just sneezed on the planet and, before that, the giant-turtle-woman threw up somewhere on it still. So she decided to do something else.


“Thanks for the help, I guess. So long demons,”

She arced her arm back.


“And so long Earth!”

Aiming directly at the Sun, she threw the baseball-sized Earth like some sort of throwing ball. She checked herself thoroughly, and noticed that, thankfully, none of the demons had made it onto her body. She would've felt them if they had too, she reasoned, maybe.


The planet spun into the distance, the screams of the demons faded as well. It was on a direct course for the Sun with Venus and Mercury far out of way. She was confident Earth would finally be done for.


“Free of Earth at last.”, she said. The megalithic, planet-dwarfing horned-woman crossed her arms behind her head. She bobbed one foot as she floated backwards in space, relaxing for a brief moment.


“Wait a minute.”, she said. “Where am I going? Why am I moving? Oh no!”

Kyo quickly realized two things. First, throwing the Earth into the Sun sent her moving backwards, since that was how physics seemed to work in space. For every action opposite and equal reaction and all that.


Secondly, she couldn’t move herself! She started flailing her arms, kicking her legs, but she was still moving backwards against her control.


“Dammit, let me try some of that magical gal stuff.”

Kyo grit her teeth and shut her eyes, trying quite hard to muster up that magical power Yuri talked about. Alas, she couldn’t manage it. Not even a single sparkle.


“Dammit.”, she said.


“Wait... Of course, I can just try to use my radioactive plasma breath. I only did it once though. Gotta focus.”


Kyo reached deep inside herself, metaphorically, and tried to feel heat rising, or fire, or anything. It took her a bit, but she got back that hotness in her chest. Preparing herself, she opened wide and unleashed the fury burning within.


Urp”


Kyo belched a fairly powerful blast of blue-green plasma flame. However, it wasn’t anything like she had done earlier. It was, however, more powerful than a nuclear weapon by an order of magnitude, or a few. Thus, it made for an excellent propellant through the void of space.


“Wew, nice!”, beamed Kyo to herself.


“Wait, I probably should’ve thought about where to aim first. I’m just going back faster. Where am I heading anyways?”

She turned around and saw was was coming.


“Oh no, seems like I’m gonna bump right into...”