- Text Size +

Chapter 10: Teamwork


“Of course!”, said Yuri. “We need to match her size, and that requires help. I’ll need to channel my magical powers to near max.”

“And we will have no choice but to combine all our strength, right gals?”

Violet looked behind herself.


“Right!”


The 6 looked up as Kyo readied another step, faster this time. Yuri and the Sentai squadron dodged to the right.


The blue-haired magical woman flew up into the air and rose her staff high. Behind her, the 5 purple-suited Sentai squad members started doing an elaborate dances of poses and chants.


Yuri shouted out.


“People of Tokyo, lend me your life energy so I may defeat this foe!”


News helicopters had hovered in, and they helped broadcast the display of hope across the city.


Many pedestrians nearby gathered together, raised their hands to the sky and prayed for Yuri’s success. They didn’t exactly know how to lend life energy, but they weren’t resisting the process either.


Yuri’s staff began to glow as she cast the associated spell. Tethers of blue lightning shot off from it to hit people nearby. It started siphoning their life energy and funneling it into Yuri.

“Yes!”, she said. “It’s working! Thank you people of Tokyo, I won’t let you down!”


The process was effective, very effective. More tethers shot out, hitting thousands of people in the nearby area. The people braced themselves for the draining feeling, but trusted Yuri and her control over the magic.


A fatal mistake.

As Yuri began to grow, she found herself distracted once again by the allure she found in Kyo’s body. Without her focus, the draining spell she cast wasn’t held back. The tethered people began to feel weaker: as though they had aged decades. Their bodies shriveled up as their life force was drained every last drop.

Kyo watched some of it happen. Seems every time she grew, her eyesight and other senses got a bit better.


‘Likely the radiation’, she thought.


Yet, even she found herself a tad horrified.


Yuri finally matched Kyo’s height of a mile: the biggest she had ever been. Her cheeks were flushed as she gazed into the green eyes of her rival. She spun her stuff, terminating the spell and posing proudly.


“There, now I’m back at your size. You know, it’s not too late to turn to the good side if you want.” she said, fingers dancing down her staff while her teeth pressed at her lower lip.


Kyo’s expression only grew more horrified.


“What? C’mon it’s not that bad is it? Is the idea really so horrible? Being good is fun. You can still take out any aggressions on villains. We could be roommates, even! I guess you’d need a big room though.”


Kyo stepped back and pointed a finger over Yuri’s shoulder.


“Hmm, what are you pointing at?”, said Yuri.


The sound of flesh shifting and tentacles slapping rung out, followed by a series of 5 synchronized, feminine groans.


Yuri turned around and saw what Kyo did. Behind here was a massive, 1 mile tall amalgamation of flesh. Five feminine torsos were melded together, with the only remotely human arms sticking out of them being on the far right and left of the melding. The faces were bereft of eyes and any features over than circular, sharp-toothed maws.


A single wing sprouted out of the back of the being’s main bulk, which was like a big lump of clay, except if the clay was flesh, and dotted with eyes and mouths galore. Red tentacles stuck out the sides of this main bulk in an asymmetrical fashion. Smaller tendrils stuck out where the flesh mass meant the ground, helping to creep the mass along with their wiggles. A thick tail of flesh slapped the ground, startling the two and shaking a few buildings nearby.


“Oh no.”, said Yuri. “They must’ve messed up the fusion dance some how! This... this hasn’t happened before.”


“Where’d the wing come from?”, said Kyo.


The near featureless 5 heads let let out at a piercing shriek. Yuri and Kyo covered their ears as windows shattered in a radius of hundreds of feet.


The entire front of the main bulk split down most of its middle. As the dynamic seam parted, it revealed a vertical maw lined with jagged teeth and writhing tongue tendrils between the sharp white things. Before Yuri could muster up a spell, a cluster of thin tentacle-like tongues lashed around her body and tugged her in.

“Kyo!”, she shouted, reaching out towards her recent rival.

“What the fuck-”, said Kyo.


The amalgamation’s maw sealed, and Kyo could hear the muffled screams of Yuri for a moment, alongside disturbing gurgles and the shlorping of flesh.


The mile tall woman started taking steps back. The monster of course advanced, slithering along the ground like a slug aided by those tiny weird tendril legs. The heads made all sorts of distorted noises.


“Uh, Purple Whatever Sentai Gang, are you still in there? Aren’t you supposed to be the good ones here.”

The five heads of the flesh-being simply let out another powerful screech.


Kyo ran in the other direction, which prompted the horrific monstrosity to chase. As it did so, its tentacles flailed to lash out at buildings, and the arms reached down to grab handfuls of people and cars, which were stuffed in the myriad macabre maws dotting its body. Helicopters flew by it, many snatched as the maws suddenly shot up and lashed tongues around the crafts.


The military was in front of Kyo in a line. She paused in front of them, her toes looming above the force.


“Hey.”, she boomed from above. “I know we had our differences, but I think you should focus all your fire on that flesh monster heading our way.”


The tanks in the front line raised their barrels towards Kyo’s ankles and fired. All the other armed men and vehicles followed suit, pelting her toes if the ankles were too high.


She felt a bit of warmth near her feet, and a flash of anger stirring inside.


“Seriously? You’re still gonna try and fight me?”


Kyo raised her foot up and stomped, hard. The entire block disappeared under her sole, a part of her body the forces fired upon for one last volley. The surrounding two blocks were taken care of by the quakes.


“I’ve had it!”, Kyo yelled. “This is stupid! I’m tired of the dumb military, I’m tired of aliens and kaiju.”

She turned around to face the feminine-flesh monster scooting her way.


“And I’m tired of you!”


Her anger rose, really rose. Her body was filling hot. Her chest rumbled and she placed a palm over the region.


“Really, now my stomach’s hurting? Fantastic. I’m sick of this nonsense. Do you hear me in there, you justice-junkies? I’ve had it!”


The monster rushed forward, tentacles flailing and knocking over buildings and clearing out streets and what was left of the parkland to the left. Its giant maw began to open again as it leapt towards Kyo with a push of its thick flesh-tail.

Kyo stomped her other foot, flattening some people who looked up at the canopy of a sole and resigned themselves to death.

“I’ve had...”

Her mouth swung open for the last word, body glowing green with power.

EnoughhhhAaaaaaaaaaa!!!”


Along with her choice word came a blast of fiery hot blue-green plasma. She had been unwittingly building it up inside her form and unleashed it upon the creature right before it got its limbs on her.


The column of super-heated death roared out for quite some time and over the upper-body of the beast. It kept going long enough to burn right through them and start searing the city beyond the monster. Much of that was already destroyed, but what wasn’t found itself caught in a searing super-inferno. Anything organic burnt to ash, the inorganic melted or burnt up, and the ground hit seared to a fine black glass.


Another slew of military was moving in from behind, Kyo heard them and immediately spun around. Still exhaling her deadly nuclear plasma breath, the blast cleaved more unfortunate buildings before she arced her head up the broken, rubble-lined street and literally melted all the helicopters and tanks speeding her way.


That done, she finally finished her attack. Kyo turned back to the flesh amalgamation monster. Its limbs lay limp, and the top half of it was scorched clean off, with only black burnt flesh at the top to indicate that those 5 humanoid torso had been there. The wind ripped off from the heat and laid strewn and broken, burnt to a crisp, over where the nuclear power plant used to be.


Kyo took a few deep and very warm breaths. She sighed. The glow around her body began to calm as the hot feeling in her chest settled.


“Glad that’s over. Not sure how I did that but I’ll worry about it later. I’m so done with all this-”

The fleshy bulk of the creature, which was mostly un-singed, started to shift and wiggle.


“No way, is it, or she, they? Is whatever this is still alive. I swear if it is I’ll-”


“Kyo!”, came a muffled, strained voice. “Kyo it’s me!”


A bright blue light appeared on the flesh-monsters dead bulk. It started at the bottom then crept to the top as a line. It was a lot like a blow torch cutting through a wall. Indeed, the line soon took a right-angled turn, then again as a flap of flesh was cut out like an upside-down doggy-door.


It flopped forward onto the road, providing an aperture for the blue-haired magical woman to poke her head out.


“Yuri?”, said Kyo. “You’re alive?”


“For now.”, she said.


Kyo noticed that Yuri’s clothes were partially dissolved. The heroine was covered in some gross looking digestive fluids. Her skin was a bit red at parts, and had a small patch of blood here or there.


“Well I mean, you don’t look that bad.”, said Kyo. “I imagine you could probably just heal up given some-”

Yuri kept crawling out, and Kyo noticed a distinct lack of anything below the heroine’s torso: anything other than some intestines and such hanging out.


“Oh.”

“Yeah.”, said Yuri with a wince of pain. “The being kept a far greater concentration of acid deeper inside, also teeth. Thankfully my magic sustains me.”

“That’s nice-”


“But it can’t do it forever. Listen, Kyo, I’m sorry it didn’t work out between us.”


“Me too, I guess.”


“But listen, Kyo, there’s no time for that! I need to pass on my magical powers. With them, you can protect the world as its new magical heroine.”


Kyo spoke.

“You know, I was actually getting a bit ticked off at the world of late. I’m not sure I’m the best choice for the job there. I mean, more power does sound nice, but I don’t feel as though I’m particularly for or against-”


“Your senses should enhance, even though they seemed like they already were, kind of. You’ll also be able to stay young as you are forever, and not need to sleep or eat unless you want to. You’ll also be able to conjure stuff, like clothes and snacks.”

“Snack, you say?”


Kyo’s eyes perked up.


“Alright, I guess I’ll take it. What exactly do I have to do?”

“Just stand still.”


Yuri crawled closer, using her staff to scoot forward and out of the monstrous amalgamation entirely. Her intestines now rested on the rubble-filled roads as opposed to the inside of some flesh-thing’s corpse, which she found a bit more dignified. Those unfortunately-external organs did manage to smash a car or two as they splayed out a tad, but Yuri paid that no heed.


The magical heroine raised her staff towards Kyo.


“Magic powers hear my plea, away from thee and into she!”

Yuri took up her acid-covered staff in two hands and slammed it into the ground. Blue energies flew out from the shattered object and from Yuri herself. They flowed as a torrent of sparkling blue power into Kyo’s awaiting body. Kyo’s body then started to shine a bright blue.


Of course, Kyo began to grow again. She took a few steps back as her blue-glowing body burgeoned up and out towards 5 times its old size. The sides of her feet, now several thousand ft long in their own right, pretty much destroyed the last bit of the already beleaguered district. Yuri would’ve been flattened too if not for Kyo moving backwards on reflex as the tingling, sparkling sensations wracked her body.


Kyo looked down at Yuri as she grew.


“What the heck Yuri? You didn’t mention this!”

“Oh, usually you have to be chosen to wield this power by the magic itself to use it properly.”, she shouted up.


“Also, there’s a bunch of study and stuff you’re supposed to do. I guess that’s why your body is just drinking all the power up like that and growing. You’ll probably get those physical improvements I mentioned though!”, she continued.


Kyo snapped her fingers, trying to conjure some clothes for herself but, like Yuri had predicted: no dice so to speak.


The monolithic woman grunted as her growth halted at a solid 5 miles. She glared down at Yuri, and noticed the resolution of her vision had increased further. She thought to herself a bit.


‘Wow, I even see Yuri’s ponytail from all the way up here. She must be like a tenth of an inch, or 0.03 centimeters, in comparative size to me now--wait, her hair it’s black...’


Kyo grabbed some of the locks of hair by her shoulder and held them in front of her green-irised eyes. She groaned in protest.


“Blue? My hair is blue now? You didn’t mention that!”


Yuri shouted up.


“What, what’s wrong with blue?”

“Err Nothing. I mean, it looked good on you I just... didn’t really expect to be a bluette you know? Just another mutation I’ll get used to I guess.”

The blue glow around Kyo faded away as her body processed that last bit of power that flooded into her.


Yuri started coughing up some blood. She looked higher up, smiled, and blushed.


“Thank you, Kyo, for letting me gaze upon your beautiful nude form one last time. Take care of the planet for me.”


Yuri collapsed, dead.


“Yeah no not doing that.”, said Kyo aloud. “I’m sick of this planet. I just wanted a nice rampage to cap off my revenge but no, nonsense at every turn in Tokyo.”

She started walking Northwest, flattening scores of blocks beneath her feet.


“And I know what’s gonna happen, given my luck. If I try to rampage elsewhere, like, say, China, then some giant serpent will rise from the ground to attack me. London? I bet Big Ben will come to life and try to fly under my fingernail as a splinter. If I try to smash, say, Egypt then I bet the pyramids will reveal themselves as ancient spaceships, and I’m sure a trip to the USA will involve the heads of Mount Rushmore floating off the mountain to try and shoot eye lasers up my nose. Maybe a legion of sasquatches too. No way. I am done!”

She stomped her foot for emphasis and created fissures of broken earth throughout Tokyo. People fell into them, naturally, as the comorbid quakes shook them up pretty good. Buildings collapsed from the force with ease, as expected.


“I’m sick of this chaos, Tokyo, and the Earth along with all the nonsense on it.”

She yelled louder.

“You hear that everyone? I’m getting out of here, and you better not get in my way. I’m getting off this forsaken planet... what’s the word for that again?”

“Oh yeah, that’s right, I’m going...”