- Text Size +

Two more years went by, and Denny had enjoyed all his days in the front compartment of Moynie’s stomach. He had absorbed all he needed through some form of osmosis that came from the dividing wall between the two compartments of her stomach. It seemed to process part of what she had digested in the rear compartment, and use it to sustain Denny in the front compartment.

One day he felt what he could only describe as a tummy quake. Her stomach heaved and shook around him, and then he felt himself forced upwards, until he was in her throat. Then she coughed and coughed, until he reached her mouth. Finally she opened her mouth, and slid him out along her tongue and into her hand.

“Denny!” she said, “How have you been?”
“Very good, thank you.”

“I brought you back out again. I’d like to go on some more dates with you. I can gulp you down again later.”

For their first new date, she took him to see Edith. Another time, she took him to a lake, and put him into her mouth while she gulped in air and swam across to the other side. Then she took him for a walk on the other side, and eventually reversed the process to get them home again.

One night at home, she invited him to sit or lie on her chin and massage hre lips with his hands. He found this very enjoyable.

“Before you go back down to my tummy, I was wondering if you’d like to take me on a date in your land,” said Moynie.

“Sure, but you wouldn’t fit through the portal.”

“Edith introduced me to Colleen Balfour, who’s now living nearby at my size. She could ask her friend Miss Frances Woodfield to reduce me to your size for a day, as she now owns the machine,” said Moynie.

“I’d have to be careful not to be seen though. I would have been missing from school for the three years I was in your tummy. We’d have to stay out of the village, but there’s lots of nice places to explore in the countryside. It might be worth bringing some food through the portal with us though.”

So he took her on a long date and showed her what he could of his world. As he held her hand and walked through the countryside, he thought of the surprise he’d first had when he had learnt that she was going to have him for ther birthday dinner, and the second surprise when he’d learnt about the front compartment of her tummy. He had spent three years in there and was now back in his own country.

When they reached the meadow, she put her arms around him and kissed him.

“I’ve always wondered what it would be like to do that with you,” she said.

“Your giant kisses were so lovely. I remembered them every day in your tummy.”

“When I told you I was going to eat you back then, I had already made up my mind. You reacted so lovingly, but I would have done it regardless. The reason I really came here today was to give you the choice. I’ve loved you all the time you were in my tummy and all of the two times you were out of it. I’d like you to go back in there, but you don’t have to now. You could stay here, where I couldn’t reach you.”

He walked with her in silence, holding hands while he thought.

“If you couldn’t reach me, I couldn’t reach you either,” he said, “Darling, I want to go back to the giant land and back to your tummy… until the next time you want to cough me up for another date anyway.”

He kissed her and felt her arms embracing him tightly.

“Thank you!” she said.

A few weeks later he was back in her tummy.