- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

One of the earliest vore victims from the original timeline is back in the altered timeline.

Stanley had been living with the leprechauns, ever since they had rescued him from Colleen’s attempt to eat him. He finally came to a decision.

“Even if I can’t be with Colleen, because of the dangers of her reducing machine, I still need to be back at my full size, living among my own people,” he told them, “Couldn’t we sneak into her house and use her machine to restore my size while she’s asleep? A few of you turned invisible could search the whole house undetected, before she awakens, and even put the alarms out of action first if she’s reset them.”

“We’d be happy to try for you, but the first time she saw you in the village, you’d be in danger of being reduced all over again.”

“Not if I took the machine after we’d used it on me,” said Stanley.

So it came to pass, that a small group of leprechauns and Stanley snuck into Colleen’s house in the night. There was no point in trying while she was out in the daytime, as she’d have taken the machine with her everywhere she went. Nor could they try in the daytime while she was home and awake to catch at least Stanley at it. It took most of the night before one of the leprechauns located the machine, but they used its reverse setting successfully on Stanley, and then snuck off back to their kingdom.

Stanley let himself out and took the machine with him. When he reached the village, he felt that there was something in the pocket of his coat. It was a piece of gold, with a note from one of the leprechauns.

 

Dear Stanley,

This stuff is of no use to us, although we have plenty of it down in our cabins. Take it as our gift for being such a good citizen.

 

The Stanley of this timeline didn’t know that his previous timeline’s self had been willing to lead the leprechauns into capture and consumption by Colleen, in order to win her greater affections. The leprechaun who had given him the gift of gold had not been informed of this by the leprechauns who had used the Ring of Reversal to turn back time by two years.

But notwithstanding all those factors, Stanley was still deeply touched. After all, what had he ever done for them? They had rescued him. Now all that remained was to destroy the machine, but not immediately.
Stanley took it home and put the small piece of gold on the floor of his shed. The machine was still set for enlargement. Stanley turned it on the gold, until he had enough gold to almost entirely fill the room. He would learn how to cut bits off, even how to melt it down, and how to find the right markets for it later. It was not stolen, but he would have had quite a time explaining how he came about it.

 

Then Stanley went outside with the machine, put it on firm ground, stepped on it several times, until it was destroyed beyond all hope of repair. Then to make sure that nobody could ever reverse engineer it, he took a walk through the village, dropping parts of the shattered machine into one garbage bin after another, until each part had been well and truly separated from the others.