- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:


Edith Kelson and Miss Colleen Balfour had both seen eachother, as Edith had been heading past her house, back on the day that Edith had introduced Denny to Moynie.

“Hello Miss Balfour!” said Edith.

“I didn’t know you lived up this way,” said Colleen.

“I live down in the village. I’ve been taking long walks in the high forest. You wouldn’t believe what I found up there,” said Edith, seeing an opportunity to seek some assistance from Miss Balfour, without letting on that she had already made an unauthorized use of Miss Balfour’s reducing machine.

“Tell me,” said Miss Balfour.

“Deep in the high forest, there’s some kind of portal into a giant garden. I made friends with a giant lady who owns lots of houses, including the one attached to the giant garden where the portal comes out. She’s actually given me that house as my very own. I can come and go there whenever I like.”

“Except that it would be too big for you to live in and use,” said Miss Balfour.

“That’s been the only problem. So I keep living at home in the village and take walks up there to see it.”

“I think I could have a solution to your conundrum, and I would like to see this giant realm. It might interest me some day,” said Miss Balfour, “Could you take me there tomorrow morning?”

“Sure,” said Edith, “Shall I come over at around nine am?”

“I’ll expect you,” said Miss Balfour.

The next day Edith took Colleen to the giant garden and they both went into the giant house and looked around.

“How soon would you move in here, if you could become a giantess?” asked Miss Balfour.

“Well I’d just have to let my boyfriend know where to find me,” said Edith.

“If you give me his address, or the address of his school, I could tell him for you,” said Colleen.

“I guess I could move in right now,” said Edith, “If I could become a giant, I’d have to leave earth behind sooner or later.”

This was what she’d hoped for. Miss Balfour was going to offer to enlarge her, without ever knowing that Edith had once helped herself to the machine the day she’d told Connor that she was going to reduce him and eat him.

“Well I can make that happen this very minute, if you’re sure,” said Colleen.

She was sure alright. She’d been planning this, since she’d first seen Colleen hanging out her washing. She’d have probably thought of it anyway, but having to explain her own presence on the hill outside Colleen’s property was a perfect lead-in.

“I know I’m sure,” said Edith.

“We could collect some things from your home. I have a way to make them small enough to carry here all at once, and then make them large enough to be suitable for this house.”

“Moynie gave me everything that comes with this house anyway. It’s more than enough,” said Edith.

“Well stand back and prepare to be a growing girl,” said Colleen, and took the reducing machine out of her bag.