- Text Size +

(Rentals)

 

A rental shop even in a weird place like Aquathena was still a rental shop in the end. A crowded place filled to the brim with swim wear, pool gear, souvenirs, and novelty junk – when you saw one, you saw them all…

 

Well, it was a ‘newish’ experience being inside one that was three times bigger now that I was shrunken down though.

 

“Hey, Jay. What do you think of this one? These look pretty coo… Jay? Where’d you go?”

 

“Behind here,” I called my girlfriend over. She couldn’t see me because my head was far beneath the top of the clothing racks. I said ‘newish’ because it felt almost nostalgic to realize I could hide inside the circular racks like I used to as a kid. I wasn’t going to try, though. It’d only give Eva more ammo to mess with me. She clearly was still messing with me considering her choice in swim trunks. “Eva, no.”

 

My Amazonian girlfriend arrived, her swimsuit unable to be seen because she still wore her light jacket over it. She was holding a pair of swim trunks in her hands which had a goofy cartoon monkey wearing sunglasses on it as a design. “You don’t like it? The shades are cool.”

 

“You just pulled it off from the 5 year old bin, Eva. These are kiddie trunks.”

 

“They’re also too big for you it looks like,” she confirmed by lowering the trunks down to me. Comparing it to my waist, it’d fall down to my ankles in an instant. “Well, I guess a third of your size is more baby-like than toddler or kindergartener.”

 

“That’s not something I wanted to hear,” I frowned. Eva was having the time of her life. “So can I get some actual swim trunks? Today’s our pool date, right? Not our ‘Tease-Jay-Day’ when you’ve already spent money on a ticket?’”

 

“… You have a point.” I was glad that I was skilled enough with my words to be able to convince her to stop fooling around as much as she was. “Alright then. Thankfully they write the size for before you got shrunk on here. I still remember your pant size from when I went shopping for your birthday present.”

 

Eva stepped away and grabbed something out of my reach with one hand. For a moment, I thought she had picked up a white and blue handkerchief, but I realized it was the swim trunks. It fit so compactly in her hand.

 

“Thanks,” I questioned whoever decided to put Add-on rentals up high out of my reach but accepted the swimsuit Eva handed me. “So is there a changing room here or do we have to head back to the other place?”

 

“Looks like there’s a place over in the corner. We’ll have to head back over there anyways because we need to put your stuff in my locker, though.”

 

“Might as well change here then,” I decided and went to get changed. The Add-on changing booth, though, was something I didn’t expect. I probably should have though. “Looks like everything’s one-third sized here.”

 

Maybe it was for saving space, but the three Add-on changing booths were 4’ cubes made of bamboo that lined up against the side one of the normal changing booths. When I walked inside, I realized there wasn’t anything covering the top of the booth either, so any normal sized person could easily walk up and look down to peep.

 

Which was precisely what Eva did.

 

“Whoa, I never looked in these before, so I didn’t know they were changing booths until now,” she admitted. “Isn’t this too low? I can peep right in.”

 

“I mean, it is Add-on size, I guess,” I chose to just accept it and started to take of my clothes.

 

“W-wait, hold on. Give me a warning first,” to my surprise, Eva covered her eyes with her hand the moment I started to pull down my pants. For someone who was so gung-ho about shrinking me down, I didn’t expect for her to turn away so quickly. Then I remembered.

 

“Oh right. You’re all attack and no defense.”

 

“Shut up.”

 

“Embarrassed? It’s nothing you haven’t seen before, right?” I found myself chuckling. “I guess it’s less impressive now that I’ve been cut down in size though.”

 

“Don’t sell yourself short… wait, that one was unintentional,” Eva doubled back on her pun that came with the compliment she intended to give me.

 

It looked like even though Eva seemed to be more assertive while I was smaller, she still had her weaknesses. For someone who liked to mess with others, she was bad at being messed with. This was the reason why she preferred Athenaqua after all. Being flirted with and hit on were things that really threw her off her pace.

 

Knowing this encouraged me a little and let me loosen up some. I finished changing out of my clothes as quickly as I could and put on the white and blue Aquathena swim trunks. Coming out, I handed Eva my clothes, which she balled up in just one hand.

 

“You good?” she asked, tucking my clothes away into her jacket pocket.

 

“Yup,” I answered. “It fits pretty well, so let’s get checked out and get going. There’s a whole lot of park to go to, right?”