- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:


After they eventually managed to win a few rounds as a pair, Jake and Liz decided to call it quits on their gaming session. As they were closing the game down Jake heard a familiar but very loud rumbling behind him. “Getting hungry, Liz?” he asked, turning around and looking far overhead.

Liz’s eyes panned down and she met his gaze, “Yeah, I think it might be time for some real food. I’m in gaming mode today though, are leftovers okay?” she asked.

“Anything’s fine by me as long as I’m not on the menu,” Jake joked. Today had been a tough day, but he felt like joking about his current ankle-high stature was the only way to start coping with his current situation. For all he knew he might even grow back tomorrow morning.

“Equines are vegetarians so no worries there, my little human,” Liz said. She was joking with the ‘my’ right? Jake shrugged it off, giving Liz the benefit of the doubt. “How about we eat and watch another episode or three on the couch?” she continued. “Gotta make the most of our ‘sick’ day, right?” she added with a smile. They both laughed.

Jake agreed and was ferried over to the couch where he sat and waited to see what Liz would bring. Sure enough, she reappeared with some fried rice she said had been takeout earlier in the week. Jake normally didn’t enjoy veggies as a wolf, but his new human body loved the fried rice. He only finished a few of the rather large grains of rice and managed a few small pieces of chopped vegetable but the food was delicious. The anime was getting pretty good too and he was enjoying watching it with Liz. Today was fun, he thought to himself. Jake was surprised when the thought crossed his mind but despite the shrinking, the panic, and the end of life as he knew it, today had actually gone fairly well. Today was honestly better than usual thanks to hanging out with Liz, physical changes to himself aside.

After they finished eating and watching, the two went back to the computer and went at it again, destroying all the opponents they could, enjoying a good laugh here and there as they did it. Despite Jake’s small stature, he found he was more or less an even match with Liz. Before long it had gotten dark outside and only the glow of Jake’s phone screen and Liz’s shining monitor was left to illuminate the room. It was around ten o’clock when the two started getting a little tired. Jake and Liz were running around together in the game when suddenly Jake was annihilated by surprise. “Aw man!” he exclaimed, half-feigning disappointment. He didn’t honestly care if he won or lost, the pursuit alone was his source of enjoyment.

Jake heard the clicking and clacking of Liz’s huge keyboard and her deep breathing overhead. He turned around and realized he was probably looking the wrong way all night. The light from Liz’s monitor danced across her body, the hue projecting on her white tank-top changing and shifting as she looked at new things on her screen. He could barely make out one of her eyes from so far below her muzzle but it shone with focus and determination. Her breasts heaved gently with each breath as she remained focused. Jake didn’t care about the game anymore. He just sat down and watched his friend play the rest of the round out, occasionally glancing over at the monitor.

It turns out Liz was on a roll. While Jake had been eliminated early on, she survived to the very end, her arms launching into the air as the phrase “Last Man Standing” shone across her screen. “Yes!” she shouted in a contagious spout of joy. As quickly as her hands had soared up, however, they came crashing down, one landing quite close to Jake leading to him toppling backward onto his butt.

Liz looked down suddenly remembering she wasn’t alone after being so fully engorged in the game. Seeing Jake her eyes widened and she apologized immediately, “Oops, sorry! I got a bit carried away there, didn’t I?”

“All good, you were amazing. Nice work!” Jake said, not wanting to interrupt Liz’s happy mood.

“Thanks,” she said, her face beaming. “You all done?”

“Yeah, I think I’m gamed out for tonight.”

“I was going to take a shower before bed. Did you want me to set up a bath or something for you?” Liz asked.

“That would be nice actually, this body is really sweaty compared to my normal one,” Jake said, realizing how weird that must have been sounded.

Liz didn’t seem phased, however. “It’s probably quite different. You seem to be adapting well, though!”

“I just hope it’s a temporary thing, though. I don’t want to keep burdening you,” Jake said.

“You’re not a burden at all, I’m enjoying the company. Now let’s get a bath set up so you can wash up.” Liz stood up and walked over to the switch on the wall, turning on the lights.

“Ahhhh!” both of them exclaimed facetiously as they were bombarded by the sudden brightness. After letting her eyes adjust for a second Liz returned, sitting in her revolving chair and putting her hand on the desk for Jake.

“I think I want to try walking there myself if that’s okay, Liz.”

“Sure,” she said, her hand not moving, knowing what would come next.

“Can I get some help down to the ground first though?” came the inevitable request.

“Sure!” she said, eyes gleaming in a big smile. Liz was enjoying Jake’s cute little helplessness and it felt wonderful to be needed to help her little crush do everything.

Once she had picked him up, Liz spun around in her chair, facing herself away from the desk. The trip felt like an amusement park ride to Jake, sitting in her hand as if it were one of those spinning chairs high above the ground. Once she had turned around, Liz leaned forward and gently lowered Jake until he was just above the ground. Upon the release of her safety-belt thumb, Jake hopped off and onto the carpet. The carpet fibers were up to his ankles but he found he could stand and walk relatively easily. Looking forward Jake was reminded yet again that his head stood only a fraction higher than the tops of her big hooves. He was about to start walking when he heard Liz’s voice from above.

“Follow me, little guy,” she said, still cheerful after her big win.

Just then Jake heard the gaming chair creak and strain as Liz stood above him. One of the monolithic legs raised, its hoof angling slightly as it flung up and forward, arcing itself over and in front of Jake. The ground shook with the impact as it collided back with the carpet right near him, but Jake managed to keep his footing. Looking up Jake was amazed by the sight of Liz directly over him. No sooner had the hoof landed than its partner flew up and over, creating a small earthquake farther ahead. Liz had walked over him as if he weren’t even there. Reminded of his small stature yet again Jake jogged after Liz, quickly realizing that if he walked she would be waiting quite a while.

The shaking for Liz’s steps was short-lived, thankfully, as she pulled far ahead of him with each step of hers matching many of his jogging strides. Jake couldn’t get over how huge the apartment seemed from his scale. It had looked big from on top of the desk, but actually traversing the dwelling demonstrated just how expansive the place was to him. It was interesting to him that this palatial place probably felt almost cramped to someone as large as Liz was.

By the time he caught up with Liz in the bathroom Jake was already quite winded, but he saw that Liz was working on something far overhead and out of view on the counter. She must have seen him coming through the door in the mirror because she swished her tail and turned around, smiling and winking at Jake’s little form. There was a sound of rushing water and then a loud thunk as something heavy was placed on the counter. Then Liz bent down and offered Jake a hand. Jake jumped on and was shuttled quickly up to the countertop.

There he found a washbasin almost as tall as he was that had been partially filled with soapy water. “Thank you, Liz,” he said up to her.

“No worries, little guy. I’m going to have a shower while you do your thing in there. I might be a bit so just sit and relax in the warm water. You’ve had a long day.” Liz’s voice was filled with nothing but kindness. Jake felt lucky to have such a nice friend.

“Ok, I’ll stay seated so you can have your privacy, I guess,” Jake said. He wasn’t sure about bathing in the same room as his best friend while she stripped and had a shower but he didn’t really see much of a choice.

“Oh don’t worry, I’ll step behind the glass before I get undressed and I have all my stuff ready to go so I’ll be all covered when I come out.”

Jake looked over and, sure enough, there was a towel and some spare clothes hanging near the large fogged-out glass shower stall on the towel rack. There was even a replacement handkerchief and a tarp-sized handcloth for Jake to dry himself. Liz had clearly though of everything while she was waiting for him to catch up. 

“Ok, I guess I’ll get started then. See you in a bit?” Jake said.

“Sure thing,” Liz replied before stepping over and into her shower, closing the sliding glass door behind her. The fogged glass obscured a clear view, but Liz’s silhouette was clearly visible through the glass. Jake tried and failed to tear his eyes away as he saw Liz’s arms reach her opposite armpits and raise, taking her top with them. Next, he saw her silhouette remove its bra. Both garments were tossed unceremoniously over the glass and landed with a fwump on the bathroom floor. Then, he saw her silhouette clearly grab its waist and bend over, pants and undergarments starting to come off. Not wanting to take any more advantage than he had, Jake turned around and removed his own garments and clambering over the wash basin’s side. He was erect, but it felt wrong to pleasure himself to a kind friend who had taken him in.

Another fwump of clothing sounded out from beyond the wash basin’s walls and the loud showering noise of water began, immediately drowning everything else out. Jake lathered his hands up with the soapy bubbles of the washbasin and got to work cleaning himself off. His human body proved very easy to clean compared to the fur he had been used to until this morning. This was one aspect of being human he was definitely okay with. He finished washing himself off quickly and just sat there, enjoying the feeling of the warm water and the warm humidity brough upon by Liz’s shower. Just another thing to add to the growing list of advantages to his current human stature, he decided.

After twenty minutes or so of relaxing and then getting weirded out at how wrinkly this new body was getting in the water, Jake heard Liz call out from her shower stall. “I’m almost done in here, be out in a couple of minutes!”

That was Jake’s cue to get into motion. It took a couple tries because of the soapy water but Jake managed to climb up and out onto the counter where he dried himself off with the face cloth. This too proved to be much easier than he was used to, being covered in far less fur than before. Another advantage… By the time he had wrapped himself in his toga he saw that Liz was just finishing drying herself off and getting herself dressed.  

Jake decided to just sit and wait on the counter. He wished he could just climb down on his own but there was no ladder or anything to use. A ladder… Now that was an idea. He stored it away but hoped it wouldn’t be necessary since he would probably change back tomorrow. Hopefully.

Just then he heard the loud sliding of Liz’s shower door. Out stepped Liz covered in a towel that barely covered her waist and chest along with a towel over her head as she attempted to dry her hair. It must have been such a pain for girls to dry their hair, Jake mused.

“Well, how’d you fare?” Liz asked him.

 “Just fine, thanks. That water was perfect,” Jake said. He felt relaxed, in spite of today’s events. He figured he owed a lot of that feeling to Liz. At work he was usually flustered and nervous around her, but now her presence made him feel safe.  

“How about we get you to bed?” Liz suggested.

“Is it okay if I walk there myself too? I really appreciate all the help, but I do want to try and do a few things myself too,” Jake said, trying to sound as positive and appreciative as he could. He really did appreciate all that Liz was doing for him, and didn’t want to push her away, but he needed to feel at least some independence in his actions.

“Sure, but I will be helping you down from that high ledge,” Liz insisted.

“I was just about to ask,” Jake said with a laugh.

Liz lifted little Jake down to the floor in her palm and then said, “I’ll see you in the bedroom, I guess.”

“Thanks, see you there,” Jake said as she turned around, sauntering out and around the corner, the ground shaking less and less as she strode down the hall.

It was about then that Jake realized he hadn’t asked where the bedroom was. No matter, he thought to himself, how big could this place be? Jake laughed to himself at the thought and started plodding out of the room and decided to follow the direction Liz had gone and then rely on his ears to guide him. In the distance he heard Liz shuffling around which would guide him to where he needed to go easily.

It took a few minutes, but Jake eventually made it to Liz’s doorway. It sounded like she was quite busy in there and he wondered what she was up to. Rounding the corner, he was surprised to see her kneeling down on the floor next to her bed, facing away. Her tail flicked wildly from side to side as she focused intently on whatever it is what she was doing.

Liz had since removed her towel and in its place there was a long, baggy t-shirt that hung down below her waist. At the centre, however, Liz’s swinging tail stood up and out, lifting the t-shirt up and partially exposing her underwear-clad outline within to Jake. A familiar feeling of arousal built in Jake. It was such an innocent and yet arousing sight that he grew hard almost instantly. Primal urges shouted at him to get working but yet again, Jake managed to ignore them and began wandering toward the mammoth mare as she bounced on her calf muscles, completely focused on whatever it is she was doing.

“What you up do?” Jake asked as he neared Liz’s side.

“Mmmm?” she replied with her cheerful voice, “I’m making a little staircase to make it easier for you to get in and out of bed. I figured the safest place would be for you to sleep here on the bedside table.” Her friendly smile was intoxicating.

“Thank you, that’s a great idea!” Jake said. “Can I try it out?”

“One sec, almost done,” Liz answered as she added a final book to the top of the makeshift staircase. Had that been a copy of Gulliver’s Travels? “Alright, there you go.”

Jake walked in front of Liz’s huge knees and took his first steps up the various books. He could see the titles on some of them. Most of them had to do with tech, cooking, and some were manga. He also spotted a few fantasy novels he had read a long time ago.

“Oh, I really like this one,” He said as he stepped over an old sci-fi novel about training youths on a space station to fight aliens across the galaxy.

“Me too! That one is such a classic. I bet the author didn’t expect it to be used as a staircase for a little human,” Liz added with a giggle.

“Probably not,” Jake added, laughing along. The bedside table stood just over four times his height and would have been impossible reach without the staircase, Jake mused to himself. Liz was really doing her best to make him feel comfortable and he appreciated it.  At the top of the ‘stairs’ he found some folded clothes under her lamp.

“These should serve as a bed for now,” Liz said. “I tried to find some soft things for you to lay on, hopefully they’ll work.”

“I’m so tired that just about anything will do at this point.” Jake said with a smile. “Thank you for everything today,” Jake said. “Really. Thank you, Liz.”

“It’s my pleasure, little guy,” Liz said with a smile, standing up to turn out the lights and then climbing under her covers and into bed. As she did so, Jake climbed into his little bed and pulled a layer of cloth over him as a blanket. Within seconds he was completely passed out.

Liz laid there quietly until she was certain she heard him snoring. Then, as quietly as she could, she turned her head over and simply stared. There, sleeping in front of her was a dream. Her crush from the office had become a tiny human, something she had only ever fantasized about, and it was her job to take care of him. She still wasn’t quite sure how this had happened, but she had a sneaking suspicion yesterday’s wish had been granted. Either way, she was grateful as she continued to stare at his tiny form. She would do her best to make him happy and she hoped that someday he might love her back as much as she loved him right now.