- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

As Leon enjoys growing bigger, Douglas attempts to avoid his doomed fate.

But the curiosity of a child remains the superior foe.

Content warning. Contains description of injuries related to the mouth and limbs.

(Considering I gave it the gentle tag, i thought I'd let you's know.)



Leon didn’t know what to think, it was a mix of some euphoric sensation, like you had just ate your favourite food or drink or that morning stretch that goes really well. Or a really big yawn also in the morning but spread through the entire body. His arms, legs feet, you name it, every inch of his body felt as if it was being gently massaged and egged on to become a little larger, and his body did just that, reaching the 5’11(~180cm) mark in just minutes.

“I-I’m  getting bigger”   Leon moaned slightly,

“Wh-what’s happening to him?”Doug’ asked as if he needed the narrator to copy paste the entire growth spurt again.

“A little boy is growing? What don’t tell me they serve nuclear waste here and he’s going to glow green any minute! Gahhh! Harr harr harr harr!” Dolan Nonchalantly chuckled, but it seemed like he was hiding his surprise too.  Douglas turned around to face the lumber jack.

“What? That would be even worse! What if he grows as tall as the conference hall or worse, outgrows it?“ Douglas warned, but Dolan seemed to play it off.setting his focus to calm the little screecher down.

“A lotta ice cream companies are going to go bust that’s for sure Hwaaarr harrr harr harrr harr” cackled Dolan.

“Ahhhh” A familiar voice sounded, and Dolan looked back towards the source only to find a certain happy “little” boy, letting out a satisfied exhale, sssweeeelling up larger in the process, gaining size and reaching Dolan’s height at 6’2 (~188cm), or rather, being able to look him in the eyes. Not only that, thanks to his child like proportions gaining a little bit of mass (more so thickness than muscle) he was actually physically bigger and more imposing than the lumberjack . So it was safe to say while he was the same height as Dolan, he definitely wasn’t the same size as the bearded man.

“He-he’s as tall as you now….and he seems to love it too…” Douglas whimpered slightly, feeling less than significant as a relatively buff lumberjack AND a sweet overgrown young boy were significantly taller than himself…it was the sweet young boy that he was more or less wary of. Still unsure if he held a grudge from the incident they had earlier. Boy that spilt coffee was all it took for his day to go bad and now look what happens.

“Mmm—nnnnn….” Leon hummed , spurting another few inches taller, surpassing the infamous  6’6.6 in’ tall which was (around the) 2m/200cm mark in the metric system and growing. Douglas felt the urge to step back a little. He had a bad feeling about this.

 

Leon opened his eyes, and was greeted to a new world. Having grown from 5ft to a not so a devilish, 6’7, he felt awesome, having the world shrink before himself was tantamount to Christmas morning. And Laid out before him was the two presents that he had met before to now compare his height to. He gasped upon settling his eyes upon Dolan, gazing upon their new comparison in height.

“I-I’m as tall as mister  Dolan now! Wooooowww!!” Leon’s eyes started to sparkle, while Dolan chuckled a little awkwardly, the power of an adult hid his wonder for the enlarging boy.

“A-Actually young man,” Dolan said extending his hand above Leon’s head and gently patted him on the head before moving his hand towards his own head for comparison.” You’re bigger- er taller than me now!”

Leon’s eyes could of lit up the entire night sky if it weren’t for blatant metaphors. His mouth agape,  puffing out his total amazement of the situation at hand. And Leon used this hand, to give Dolan a pat on the head of his own, unaware of his increased strength with his new size, the pat doinked Dolan  harder than he realised.

“Woahhh… you’re right!... This is sooo coooool!” Leon  exclaimed with rising excitement.

“Woah there champ! Easy on the head! Being a big man comes with showing restraint you know?” Dolan responded, trying to ease off the big kid’s pat by  holding his arm.

While the bigger Leon had his way with Dolan through shock and awe plus a few giggles, Douglas was inching away slowly. Not wanting any of the otherworldly stuff going on.

“I might have to call the police…would the police even believe me?” Douglas though, clambering onto any escape options he could muster up. “ I could run, but… apart from the two fire exits, the only other exit is where that boy is standing…” Even though Douglas was thinking rationally, he turned away from the boy. “I might just fade into the crowd, he may recognise me, but it wont be easy to…ugh, find a needle in a haystack.” And so Douglas crept away inconspicuously.  He was getting away with it too.

Kla donk, kla donk, kla donk kla donk

“Hey mister!  Aren’t you Douglas? The loud voice man?”

Oh no.

Douglas froze, his legs cramping up in an encore performance, even his nightmare legs shuddered with the looming presence behind him. Unable to turn around, more so unwilling to do anything at the moment, he prayed it was a mistake from the boy…but really, who else could he have referred to? …Except for that other guy also named Duglas, but that’s not important.

“Wow! That’s neat! You’re so small now I could probably lift you up now!” the big boy menace confidently announced.

Dolan ‘s legs  shook off every fibre of the nightmare, and instinctively kicked into action, he tried to bolt for it, but he was much, much too late. Before even getting a single step, the boy’s hand was already  latching onto his torso, his arms already trapped between himself and the embiggened hands. Douglas panicked,  flopping around  like a fish out of water.
 

His earlier outburst wasn’t even enough to phase a little boy, what hope did he have against a growing one?

Absolutely no chance.

Suddenly, Douglas’s view of the world began to lower, in a shocking twist of events, he started to have some hope that the supernatural growth spurts would apply to him.

…Too bad his feet left the ground.

“Oh wow! You’re so easy to pick up now! “ Leon boldly announced again as he lifted the son of a jockey into the air, finally resting him at a level where Doug’s head was above Leon’s “How does being taller feel mini mister? Do you like it? I know I sure do!” Leon gave off a bright smile that could make the plants photosynthesize just from its warmth alone.

Douglas was in a state of frenzy, mercilessly trying to escape in a futile effort, his voice would be his only weapon left.

“PUT ME DOWN KID!” Douglas cried out as loud as he could, using his gifted talent of ruining people’s eardrums with his voice. “ LET GO OF- M- Mmmfff!!!”  a single hand from Leon wrapped over the entire lower portion of his head, covering his nose, an occupying his mouth with the plushy flesh that was the boy’s finger. Leon had snuffed his voice out with dreadfully good timing, err dreadful ease more like. Leon’s eyes were shut tight and his face was still scrunched up from the earlier outburst.

“A-Ahhh heyyy! You’re voice hurts!....Owww” Leon retorted trying to shake his head from the brief pain. Re opening his eyes in recovery mode, Leon inspected the flailing mini man Douglas. “What’s wrong? Do you have a fear of heights or something?”

With his mouth still covered up, Douglas could only make muffled cries of fear, panic, distress , and added spices of pure agonising torment.  But it wasn’t as if his life was in danger, well, in regards to the boy’s good nature anyway.

“If you want, I can let go of you….. would you like me to let go of you mini Dougo?”  Leon reassured.

But Douglas had crossed the point of no return. Upon hearing the words “Drop”, a chill went down his spine, spreading a freezing impression that spread to his core and his livelihood. His thoughts began racing, overtaking his sense of rationality with pure survival instincts poorly mixed with the seven stages of grief wildly blended into the span of a few short seconds.
Then Leon temporarily blinded him by placing a finger over his flinching eyes.

That was the day, mini Douglas experienced a meltdown.

“Let go of me? Let go of me he says? What if he’s grown taller? How far will I fall?” (evidently two feet.) “ What if the kid literally drop kicks me? Will I die? I’m struggling to breathe as is! There’s nothing I can do, even before he grew, I – I knew I punched him in the nose and yet…and yet this kid took it with a smile, it didn’t…it didn’t even make him flinch! He’s not normal! Of course he’s not normal, he’s the tallest little boy in the world! Of course he wouldn’t be normal! Even if I do magically escape, he could of grown fifty feet tall and I’d die just from the impact of landing and he’s saying he wants to let go of me? This is it, what should I do?

…What can I do?

..I can’t give up…”

Douglas’ struggles relentlessly, He had to try. He had to try with all his might. It was accident before that he punched the boy’s nose, but this was for his survival. His current state of reason had contrived a regression into aggression.  His adrenaline soared as he made his last ditch effort.

He used his teeth to chomp the boy.

He had his fingernails pinch and stab the boy’s grip.

The rest of his limbs quacked with intense adrenaline, attempting to overpower a little growing boy’s hold.

He could feel his teeth sinking in. Feeling like the soft flesh could be pierced any moment
His fingernails were making progress, as the rest of his hands felt like the boy;’s skin was bending to his will. His heart was pumping like made, his muscles never had such a workout before
his limbs felt like they were on the cusps of success being able to slowly drive out the boy’s slightly pudgy hands.

But all was not to be… The boy started to grow again,

His mouth was slowly being pried open wider to accommodate for the growing boy’s finger

His fingernails were giving way to the expanding flesh of the boy’s hands

His upper legs were  being pushed back

And the rest of his limbs were slowly being compressed in on each other.

I wont let it end like this! Not today kid!

With one final push, Douglas hammered his nails into the boy,

Clamped down with his teeth like there was no tomorrow,

And gave a final out burst of strength to fend off the growth of Leon .

Stronger, he needed more power!

Almost there!

GRACK

…..Douglas felt numb.

Douglas’s Teeth were torn from his gums.

His hamstring gave way

His fingernails bent,

his fingers broke.

His muscles were torn.

His triceps split into two.

His femur snapped like a twig.

There was a brief wince and a split second of the fiery depths of hell as pain unleashed it’s fury on Douglas before his body was stripped of the pain by his numbing body. Losing all sense of feeling everywhere after his shoulders..

Leon’s skin simply puffed back to normal as if being poked by a little baby.

 

A few moments past, then two…. then five, and then two whole seconds passed by.

 With his vitals still intact…. Douglas could only breath the boy’s hand

and cry.

 

Leon was in the middle of a short growth spurt, inching his way towards 7’5(~226cm), he had diverted his mind into experiencing the joys of his growth spurt.  Relaxing his body, letting the pleasant massage of growth work its magic before an abrupt sting of brief pain interrupted his idle thoughts.

A brief hit of a Leon sound “Nnn!” and the massaging feeling had already eased the pain surging Leon higher to a burly 8’7(~261cm).

This brief sensation of pain snapped Leon back into reality, and looked back down at his new “shrunken” half friend something. He could barely hear a brief whimper, but that’s all it took for Leon to know what had gone wrong.

“Awwww I’m so sorry, I I must of grown uh Bigger!, B-but you really don’t like being so high up do you?” Leon softly caressed Douglas’s limp body, turning him around and hugging him, pulling Douglas onto his shirt during the embrace, almost cradling him but not quite.

“It’s okay, I promise I wont drop you. It’s okay,” Leon coddled the broken man. Giving his little head a rub. His other hand’s fingers gently massaged his “miniaturised” body.

 

Douglas could only just make out the words Leon threw at him through his ears being plunged into a low stuffed muffle.

..What’s a man to do…. Having broke his entire body just trying to escape from a young boy’s so called feeble grasp, Douglas lay limp. Pondering his thoughts, the final stage of grief hit home like a truck.

He was absolutely powerless in front of this boy. And now he was nothing more than a shrunken vegetable, cradled by a young boy who has yet to experience “The Talk”. Douglas’ world felt like his world had ended right then and there. He was hopeless beyond belief. No more than a feather in the grip of a child, a useless feather that wasn’t even capable of even tickling the boy.

Douglas limped around as his body  was controlled by the now somewhat giant sized boy. His legs and arms wobbled around as Leon’s fingers attempted to massage his humanity. With his face buried into the boy’s shirt he gazed into the darkness that was his new world. It smelt of cotton with no candy and a tinge of washing powder for that refreshing finish.

While Leon was coddling Douglas, Douglas could begin to feel a strange soothing sensation wash over his face as his cheeks with poked by the boys fingers in order to get a better hold of him, then, a his face was rubbed gently, the rest of his body was caressed and taken cared for by the giant’s hands. This soothing sensation attempted to appease his fractured mind, slowly mending its injuries with thoughts of a new life and the giant’s voices encumbering his body  like a lion to its cub. This sensation spread through his body, his senses were slowly coming back to him, he could feel his leg muscles repair themselves, granting him strength to move around again. His once torn ligaments healed themselves with the embrace of this feeling. Like a plant to water, his entire being , rejuvenated. His muscles were no longer torn, his tendons no longer split, his triceps felt more like quadceps, and his gums felt like they were at the dentist without the fear of drills! Unfortunately he didn’t regrow his lost teeth but  Douglas was unable to think of a way to cut his losses nor even know that it was a loss in the first place.

With each passing quote of reassurance from Leon, Douglas seemed to drown himself in senses that only related into the being before him. His sense of belonging was being lured away into insanity. His clouded mind fizzing out to the new entity that was his sole purpose that was this child.

Leon’s soft spoken voice permeated throughout his existence.

“You must be short because you don’t like being so high up….” Logic.

“You must of hated being so tall” Intelligence.

“I’ve got you… you wont fall as long as I’m holding onto you.” Strength.

“If it’s too much for you, I can put you down whenever you feel like it.” Intelligence version two.

“It’s okay, I’m still afraid of my nightmares, One of my nightmares was being killed by a meteor  and Ultraman died trying to save me.” Wisdom….but, Leon style.

Douglas’ head swirled these passing voices of empowerment around, feeling like his DNA was being rewritten (it’s just his sanity guys). This divine being has granted him the gift of the second life after he spent a futile struggle to fight back the entity, only serving to power him up even more so. The heavens had forgave his wrongdoings, and cleansed his body from previous failures, almost becoming  androgynous in the process.

“I am afraid of heights  if being high up in the air is what scares me, I will make it so that I ‘m as low to the ground as possible.”

Douglas let the divine being’s senses overwhelm him again. Allowing it to compress his fear, and compress the weak body that he was stuck in. shrinking himself in the entire process, giving more space to his ultimate living being of worship. He could hear the divine one express much gratitude for shrinking himself, expressing his shock and awe for the shrinking creature halving his size in mere minutes (2 feet tall or 61 centimeters ).

“If there is no ground beneath me, the divine being must not trouble himself in placing me to the ground gifted for his feet, for that, I ask forgiveness as I must use his bounty of flesh and skin to stand on”

Halving his size yet again to a single foot tall (~30cm), he was more than small enough to lay on the divine being’s hand, who had shifted to grant the minuscule thing with his grand eyes of curiosity.

“You must not fear for my well being now, your bountiful world has provided me with enough sustenance that I may continue on for years until the day I expire. I will contribute to the magnificence of the divine one with my body, nay, my entire puny existence itself.”

The little leech reducing itself to a measly 5 inches (~15cm) of space, began feeding off of the new supreme world entity that was Leon.

Douglas had become  a human lump on a child’s skin. Needlessly feeding off from the growing boy.

But Leon had other plans. And plucked the lump from his finger dangling the cretin high into the new world, appearing before the great one’s face.

“Oh…My Gosh…You  became so tiny!” Douglas’s new lord boomed.

Unable to think without appeasing his second life giver, his body reached for the fingers that held him in the sky, when another booming voice from behind his divine being spoke out.

“Hey uhh I’m here about the report of a uhh…. an assault of some sort? They didn’t mention the world’s tallest man would be here though.”

It was the man in the uniform, a graduate police officer had arrived on the scene. Bewildered at the site of the overgrown boy.

Chapter End Notes:

Leon Grew bigger

What did it cost?

Douglas's sanity.


I'd like to see how this chapter fares. But otherwise see ya at the next chapter!