- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Douglas resumes his speech. And Leon doesn't hear any of it as usual.

But the crowd catches on to Leon in secrecy.

Bit of a side chapter after Leon's part. After Leon's part it's safe to skip to the next chapter when it comes out if you don't mind skipping the details of Mink city.




A few moments later and Douglas was back on the agenda, now tagged along with Leon who was constantly comparing his height to Doug’s it was compromised that since Leon had never actually met a jockey before (the real  fake reason why Doug is short), that Doug’s penalty (if you can call it that) would just be Leon getting to stand near Douglas for the rest of the speech. Definitely distracting,, but the people who struggled through the ordeal thought this was nothing in comparison. It was also a little sweet and fun to watch. But what some of  the crowd started to notice, is that during the speech, each time the boy tried to stand tall,  his face creeped ever so slightly higher above Doug’s head.

Someone actually had recording this in secret, and after some time was sunk into the restarted speech, that someone put the recording on fast forward upon playback and shared it with his immediate neighbours, revealing a moderately paced event was happening right before their eyes…and cameras.

That little child was growing bigger.


A little girl watched from her car seat as the vast series landscapes of the valleys and forests  presented themselves infront of her, then quickly dashed off out of view. The car was posh. Very posh, very porche actually. with the roof currently overhead, the girl had to open the window slightly to feel the midday breeze gush through the window as the car ran its course on the highway. In the rear view mirror, a palace could be seen quietly shrinking away from view. The little girl looked forward and tilted her body to see in front of the drivers chair. It was the road that went around the capital city of Mink. Leading back to the north side of Mink.

"Sweetie, it wont be much longer,"

Those words were exactly the same as ten minutes ago. And the tens of minutes before that. It would be hours before they actually got home. If they even reached it at this rate.

"When we get home, we'll visit the supermarket to get our supplies and leave this city okay?"

But the little girl was unimpressed. but her thoughts for another overtook her pouting face as she gazed into the wide open land to the side.

"Hope you're doing okay...." she sighed longingly.

The screen on the back of the chair turned back on for the umpteenth time. It was that same TV rerun that peddled the city that she lived in.


A man is seen standing in front of a podium seemingly before a cliff side that gives way to a gorgeous vista at the enormous city below

"Good morning city of Mink! I hope you're enjoying the fantastic weather that nature's bounty has given us! Who wouldn't want to go outside and smell the fresh air these mountain sides let through!"

The picture cuts to a pan of a terrace adorned with terrariums,giving bait of a hint to a much larger palace that was offscreen.

"I'm here at the southern side of Mink valley at a place called Le Palayze De Mink! Which is french for The Palace of Mink! (mmm, no it wasn't really) One of three beautiful places that serve as the entrance  and exit places for this astonishingly beautiful urban jungle The land is smooth as the grass caresses your feet! I'm joined by the proud fitfth generation host of Le Palayze Mink, AND number one corporate identity according to the trending magazine 'Minked '. He is responsible for the upkeep of the south country side of Mink, please welcome, Adam Malandez!"

*clap clap clap clap clap* The screen back to the makeshift studio, flashy text littered the screen with introductions as another business suit heavy man comes in. His hair is red and in a pompadour fashion.

"Thank you, thank you. Seven generations ago, when my great, great, great, great grandfather started a farm on the outskirts of Minkun valley just bordering the outer, -valley way- as i like to call it. He never would of dreamed of the day that his lineage would be the proud owners of a grand palace that serves as the second major landmark of the city. Home to three different seven star accommodations, such as 'The Minkling hotel' and our spicily named 'The Hinky Minky' restaurant, and finally, the place you all know as Le Palayze De Mink. Which houses these two entities, but also servers as the grand social hub of the south side. Featuring luxury resorts, inside of the palace, outside the palace AND underneath the palace. "

The picture cuts back to the host of the show

"A-mazing! That's what we call a world landmark right there! It's a wonder how Le Palayze De Mink hasn't been added on in the wonders of the world!"

The screen fades into a close up of the main palace building, it was seemingly merging with the massive mountainside it had been built on.

The camera slowly zooms out revealing the grand social hub and the luxury hospitality buildings the man had mentioned. The camera continues retreating, it shows the grand country side Outside of the capital city of Mink, a smaller city  that makes up the south country side of Mink, having two small suburban areas, each with an impressive mount of residential buildings  and their own features to behold, but one look and you clearly distinguish the difference between high and middle class here. The lush forests on the left side  and the right open landscape, with these two put together, it made up the country forest of Mink.  As the camera reaches the max distance and had the Palace way off into the distance following the road towards a much more densely populated area. It reveals a man standing next to the railing on the rooftop of an office skyscraper in the center of the city, otherwise known as Mink Building. The tallest tower in Mink, rivaling the mountains surrounding the city.

The camera then rotates for a full 180 and turns to the north side of Mink City. A large river glistens in the day light towards the right side of the camera. Near the mountain base just about  two stories higher than ground level, water can be seen flowing downwards into the beautifully enormous body water at ground level.  The man on camera walks around following the rotation of the camera, then points to this grand lake.

"That there's the Inkun reserve. Flowing for some thousands of years, we're lucky to have our own water resource. Of course, it's all filtered and safe to drink. Nothing gets by the Malendez company. Safety for the people, safety for the mind."

It seems there were no mention of the northside at all during the re run, but supposedly, that's where the lower class had their days spent, there were quite the mish mash of houses and apartments located on the northside but nothing worth mentioning, at least...to the people on the screen.




The Mink Valley, home to the city of Mink. Which is really just a combination of 3 cities linked together to make one mega city. To the south, lies Le Palayze De Mink, owned by the Malendez company. Who, really, are some overrated big shots and aren't that important to the story at hand, at least, the people aren't. you see the people need some sort of figure to stand by or have a source of income so that the city prospers, and it just so happened that the Mink government one day agreed to fund literally the largest project for Mink Valley that it has ever seen. And it earned its keep very fast, quickly gaining a monopoly over the majority of the central city, now known as the capital city of Mink. Its coperation pretty much lines the south mountain.

Mink Valley is an almost elliptical formation of linked mountains that make up the perimeter of the huge mass of land that is Mink. The south side has the palace, the east and west side don't hold much significance other than being bloody tall, but considering the valley mountains stretched a thousand meters high (some three thousand and two hundred something feet),   it wasn't that special. The north mountain however, was Mt Alexandra. which is an extinct volcano that went out some four hundred years before this story takes place.

The story of Leon takes place in the northern side of Mink Valley at a community suburban residential area it was your average line up of streets and neighbourhoods, If there's one think Mink is known for is putting the major landmark at the center of the cities with the exception of the palace.( And for trying to name everything after or rhyme with "Mink" )The conference hall where Leon is currently seated in is the center of Minkleburn town.Which branches out in a nice cryptic circular fashion.  There are 4 super markets on each corner on large acres of pavement vying for business, each with their own carpark, and even a petrol (gas) station or two sectioned at the other side of the road. and then the residential area scattered amongst the ellipses surrounding the business district.

To the very north of Minkleburn was a massive food factory, it's one of the few entities in Mink that isn't owned by the Malendez. It is the one part of the reason why the north side of Mink even stands on its own. As much of the supermarkets in minkleburn import goods from this factory.

On the opposite side of the factory on the north east side of Mink was Inkun reserve, they never advertised it, but there was a farm dedicated to basic ingredients like fruit and veg, countless paddocks for chickens and cows to roam upon, all thanks to the inkun reserve. This reserve and farmland pretty much covered the entire north- north east side and was the second reason why North Mink even was a thing.

And finally, the capital city of Mink. Best comparable  as a New York City of this world. An Urban jungle that has many office buildings towering above the rest of Mink's buildings.Not quite laid out in circular fashion but was pretty darn close to it you could akin it to putting an irregular square inside a circle.

Yeah, that's all the info I can provide you with. Let the story progress and perhaps absolutely none of it will be used in the story Muahahahaha!.....


Chapter End Notes:

Gosh i kinda just let myself go explaining everything about Mink city when originally i just wanted it to be short and lazy so people could imagine it for themselves....ahaha look how that turned out.

There may be edits if i'm willing to add more detail but don't count on it. I wasn't even meant to give out this much detail in fear that i wouldn't actually use some of the details or use the information correctly in the future. But it's nice to have a chapter that details what a city once looked like before it's turned into a playground no? Hahah~

Anyway, thanks for reading!