- Text Size +

‘Coming through! Pardon me!’ Dom shouted as he rushed past amblers at London St. Pancreas Station. He had a backpack filled with clothes slung awkward over one shoulder, but was managing to balance it as she hurried towards platform 7. At 6’3”, Dom was a lanky young adult. The 22-year-old had just finished his degree in engineering and was setting off to celebrate with his girlfriend before starting his job in Exeter, on the other side of the country. The handsome blonde was dressed in jeans and a loose-fitting t-shirt with an unbutton plaid shirt over the top. His hair was messy, but in a tousled, care-free way. He made eye contact with a young-looking woman behind the turnstiles as he fumbled for his ticket in his pocket. 


 


‘I swear, I have it here, I’m just really running late,’ he flashed her a smile and the woman smirked. She shook her head and rolled her eyes but opened the gate for him to pass through. 


 


‘Cheers, luv,’ Dom sang as he rushed past her.


 


‘Make sure you have your ticket on the train,’ she called after him, blushing a little when she caught herself still smiling. 


 


Meanwhile, Dom was rushing past a magnificent looking train on the way to carriage F. The engine was at the far end fo the station, but the boy could see the black locomotive, fashioned to look like an old, coal-powered train. The black metal of the machine was contoured with gold-coloured plating and the same sleek design was afforded to the rest of the train. It made for a beautiful, midnight black effect, with only the silhouette of the windows and wheels visible in the night. 


 


He quickly found his carriage and hopped on with only a minute to spare. He took in the plush interior of the train. The floor was carpeted in a dark red coat, enough to convey luxury without staining too easily. The walls were decorated with paintings and wooden beams, even the lights above head were hanging like miniature chandeliers. He tried his best not to drag his bag against the wall as he found his way to his cabin. 


 


The night train from London to Paris was the first leg of a re-vamped Orient Express, a purposely slower train designed to give the impression of being on the ancient line. It provided a full experience, with almost a full night travelling to Paris, compared to the few hours a modern train would take. The carriages were laid out in cabins, with seating for four and two double mattresses in each, clearly intended for families and couples. 


 


Dom fond his cabin and slid the door open to find a young woman glaring at him.


 


‘You are cutting it fine Dominic,’ she hissed, ‘You almost made me go to Paris all on my own.’


 


‘I'm sorry, Liz, I just got caught up with Matt on …’ he tried to explain as he dropped his bag to the floor and leaned it against the lower bunk bed.


 


‘God, you better not say you were on FIFA instead of in traffic on the way here,’ Elizabeth hissed, ‘Now shut the door, you’re letting the heat out.’ 


 


Dom obediently slid the door closed and tried his best to grin, ‘Okay, I won’t say it.’ He went to sit down right next to her and threw an arm over her shoulder, but the girl slid towards the window without looking at him.


 


‘Did I ever tell you, you look so hot when you’re sulking?’ Dom tried, chuckling. But Elizabeth didn’t find it funny. She seemed to find him less hilarious than when they had first met, over the last few months. It may have had something to do with the fact that Dom was leaving her in London at the end of the summer. 


 


Elizabeth was an odd match for Dom from day one. The 24-year-old had met Dom on his final year, when she started her masters degree in English at King’s College London. The diminutive, 5’4" redhead had hit it off with the goofy, lanky boy, and they had started going out. It had been almost 10 months now, and they had been planning to move in together the following fall, when Dom had got his job offer. 


 


Then ensued their biggest fight, with Elizabeth ending in tears, but both ending up in the same bed. In truth, Dom really liked Elizabeth, and found her cute and fun with her D-cup breasts feeling much larger on her petite form, and her frizzy hair and freckles. Unfortunately, he wasn’t sure that he loved her, and so when the job offer had arrived in his inbox, he had taken it without hesitation. 


 


This slight had led to the coolness between the two and had even made Dom question going on the trip with Elizabeth. But they had planned it in December and he thought that maybe they could work things out and meet somewhere in the middle. He was willing to try a long distance relationship, but he hadn’t broached the subject with her yet. 


 


‘You are unbelievable,’ she huffed, her arms folded over her chest.


 


‘Hey, come on, Liz,’ Dom tried, ‘I even got us a private car.’ 


 


‘You just got lucky that they were undercooked and we were the only ones in this cabin,’ Elizabeth said, matter-of-factly. 


 


‘Oh, you spoiled-sport,’ Dom said, yawning, ‘Just wait until we get to Paris, it’s going to be so romantic.’


 


‘Dom …’ she almost whispered.


 


‘So what were you put to all day anyway? I’ve literally been doing sod all,’ he continued, and wished he hadn’t because Elizabeth stiffened.


 


‘I was looking at things to do in Paris …’ she said.


 


‘Ah, don’t worry about that, I’ve got it all planned out,’ Dom reassured, ‘I made a list on my phone and everything.’


 


‘Just … forget about it,’ Elizabeth said, facing forwards but not meeting Dom’s eyes, ‘I'm exhausted, can we just go to bed?’


 


Dom hesitated, having wanted to suggest a better way to spend the evening, but decided against it, ‘Sure thing, shall we wait until the ticket checker’s been?’


 


Elizabeth nodded, sighing. The two sat in silence for five minutes, neither one reacting as the train spurred to life and started its way out of the station. The modern machine was slow, but far smoother than the old train after which it was named, and the two barely felt like they were moving, except for the scene of the London night passing them by outside their tinted window. 


 


As soon as the man left, shutting the door behind him, Elizabeth stood up. She crossed in front of Dom and he reached out to grab her ass, small but perky beneath her leggings, but she puled away from him. She clicked the door closed and locked it before turning back around. Without warning, she pulled off her top and frowned as Dom’s eyes shot to her tits. 


 


‘Dom, get changed for bed, we have to …’ she started.


 


‘I know, I know, rest up so we can get the most out fo the trip,’ he smiled, ‘Don't worry, I’m gonna behave, you’ll see.'


 


He stood up, stepping up to her half naked form and wrapping his arms around her. He leaned down for a kiss but she looked down, so he planted one on her head, sniffing her hair warmly. He stepped back and took off his own top and slipped off his shoes and his jeans, He never took his eyes off Elizabeth as she rummaged in her backpack for an oversized t-shirt and pulled it on over her torso. She undid her bra inside it and slipped it out of one sleeve before pushing down her bottoms. 


 


Dom cursed his luck that the t-shirt hid her panties from him, but he would hopefully see them soon enough. She lined her shoes up by the bed and put her socks into them, then crossed over and climbed into the bottom bunk.


 


‘I think we should …’ she started, but was cut off as Dom slipped in beside her, pressing his body up against her back and ass. 


 


‘Snuggle? he suggested, laughing to himself.


 


Elizabeth didn’t reply, but simply stitched off the lights. The cabin became surprisingly dark and Dom thought about making a joke about hitting his head sitting up in the night, but decided that Elizabeth didn’t seem in the mood. The bed was comfortable, but the space between it and the bunk above was not huge, so he really would have to mind his head when getting up. Dom hadn't realised how tired he had been and quickly found himself dozing off in the darkness. 


 


Elizabeth was still awake, but soon, even she succumbed to the call of sleep.