- Text Size +
Story Notes:

This is just a short, one off story that I decided to write

Billy Curtiss was an angry young man, and who could blame him. As a boy who was always the biggest and strongest in his class, no matter the age, he dreamed of playing professional football. He was always the best player at his age in the state. In fifth grade, he had high school coaches scouting him, offering him discounted tuition, plus he was guaranteed a starting spot for the varsity squad. 


The future was bright indeed. But then it happened. A genetic awakening, or anomaly, depending on who was asked. And Billy’s age group was the first in the entire world to experience this phenomenon. Scientists conducted test after test, debated the facts and findings to no end, and offered countless theories as to what was happening. But the test results came back negative, the facts made no sense, and the theories sound like they came from a science fiction novel. But no one could explain the situation, much less offer solutions. 


When puberty hit, dramatic changes took place, but not in the way that was universally understood. Girls started the early growth spurt, but instead of stopping after 4-5 inches, they kept growing, adding somewhere between one and a half to two feet or more in height. Boys stopped after adding only one to two inches. 


As if that wasn’t strange enough, muscle density also was affected. Boys developed the most minimal mass, while girls naturally developed strength that was, on average, two to three times greater than boys, and muscles that were  four to five inches bigger than males, even without flexing. And the scientists couldn't explain why the strength difference of the two sexes became proportional to their mass.


From Billy’s age group on forward, girls tried out for the football team, and easily made high school varsity, even in 7th grade. Soon it became apparent that when boys played against girls, it was becoming too dangerous for the boys. Soon, football, as well as other varsity sports, became female only, with males relegated to intramural contests amongst themselves. 


And as the females grew, their parents tried to stress to them that they needed to be gentle with the males. And for the most part, girls really did try their best. But because of their increased size and strength, and despite their best efforts, unfortunate accidents did occur. Of course, some girls thought that boys were now inferior, and acted accordingly.


But it was really difficult for the boys that mercilessly teased their younger sisters. Once the girls reached the beginning of 7th grade, they were bigger and stronger than their older brothers, and many boys found that payback was a bitch. Many of them tried to get their parents to protect them, but that would only last as long as they were home. 


And as society eventually changed, men stopped playing big time professional sports. Women dominated football, basketball, baseball, track and field. Whatever the sport, males were outclassed by females. And the same was true in the workplace. Men were relegated to secretarial work, while women handled construction, warehouse and other physical jobs.


 And as society changed further, males began to have less and less say in household decisions. It didn't start off as intentional. As women grew taller, houses were built to accommodate a woman’s new size, and once that happened, they began to decide where they should live. Men couldn't object, as it was the females who would need to be comfortable. 


And when their children grew, discipline became separated. Fathers would handle the boys, while mothers would handle the girls, since as they entered their teenage years, they started to physically outclass their fathers more and more. And as a result of their hormones kicking in and being on overdrive, grown men, even those well over 6 ft and 200 lbs, knew better than to antagonize their rapidly growing daughters. 


But for the older brothers who picked on their younger sisters, life became a struggle, as they went way beyond what was considered normal in their efforts to not upset younger girls who blew past them in size and strength. Almost at the speed of light, they realized who was the dominant one in their sibling relationship. And when their sisters got upset, the boys would run to their parents, even boys who were seniors in highschool or in college. But there was only so much their parents could do when dealing with their daughters. 


But what made Billy Curtiss so angry that his dreams of playing pro football ended even before he got the chance. Worse still, he had to silently watch as his younger sister fulfilled those dreams, his dreams. And there wasn't anything he or any male could do about it. And what really made him angry was that males like him were allowed on the varsity squad, but it was to hand out towels and water to the girls, or to try and carry their equipment, which were made larger and heavier due to the increased size and strength of the females. The boys found that to be extremely difficult, as their lack of strength made it a struggle. Boys were encouraged to become members of the new, all male cheerleading team. But most of all, Billy and every male his age or younger had to look up to their younger sisters. And that made them even angrier.