- Text Size +

Kelly lived in the city of Buffalo.  She had been living there for a few years living in a house she bought after she got her job as an accountant there.  Her house was a 3 bedroom, 2 bath house with a detached garage sitting right behind the corner of the house. 

 

Kelly, was Caucasian, and was slightly overweight but had nice curves to compliment her weight at the height of 5’7”.   Beth, one of her two good friends over the years was about the same build as her but slightly taller at 5’9”.  Erin, the late one, however was about 6’2” more of the athletic build.     

 

Tonight she was excited.  Halloween was a few hours away and her friends had been over all week helping to turn the garage into a haunted garage.   Most of the work was done, so all she really had to do was turn on the power to the garage and they would be set for the most part.  

 

It was right on que and as soon as the clock struck 5pm the doorbell rang.    Her friend Beth came in the door as soon as she opened it.   

 

“You ready for tonight!?!” she asked excitedly.

 

“Yes! Who wouldn’t?” Kelly responded in an enthusiastic tone. 

 

The two girls went into the kitchen and started to open the bags of candy that they had bought the night before.  

 

“How many do you think we will have?” Beth asked Kelly.

 

“Hopefully around 60-70.” Kelly said struggling with a bag of candy that seemed to have a seal of concrete.  

 

They continued to remove the bite sized candy from the bag as their third friend was still on her way. 

 

Erin, the one who was always late out of the three was looking for last minute boots for her costume.  The costume in no way was dependent on her having new boots but she needed them.  Her old ones had a rip in the outside of the heel of the right boot so she was looking for some new ones.

 

DSW was not doing the trick so she walked out of the that store and into Life Stride and what really caught her eye was the Shannon Bootie.  It was on sale for almost half off.  She looked for her size, size 10.   They had that in stock which made her happy.    She bought them and was on her way to her friend Kelly’s house.  

 

 

Kelly and Beth were done with the candy and set the bowl by the front entrance of the house to prepare for trick or treaters.   They both then went out into the garage to get the last minute touches on the garage.  

 

Kelly and Beth walked though the garage and made sure everything was plugged in.  

 

“Hey do you want that 3 year old shrinking machine plugged in?” Beth asked Kelly.

 

“Yea sure!  Probably does not work anyways as far as I’m concerned. I mean look at all the dust and cobwebs on it” Kelly said with a disgusted look on her face.  

 

Shrinking technology had only been out for about 5 years and Kelly ordered a shrink ray for a science class 2 years after it came out.   What she did not know though is that her shrink way was alive and well though, as it was designed to last.  This was the miniature version as the bigger version costed more than $800.

 

Beth not knowing plugged  it in and it came to life, however did not seem to be focusing on anything in particular as it sat on the bench.   Over a period of an hour both Kelly, and Beth walked by setting lights and cob webs over the bench and the shrink ray did not focus on them.   It was not until near the time Halloween was supposed to start that things began to happen.  

 

Erin had arrived at Kelly’s house at 5pm and got to work on all of the electronics which were key in the haunted garage.   Programing the cameras were hard enough to configure and testing all of the wires were tricky.   She was in her own world while Kelly and Beth decorated the garage that she almost forgot to look at the time.  

 

“Oh, shit!” she hissed under her breath.

 

She slipped on her new booties that she had just bought and started out the door to check on the progress of the garage and to see if she could set up all of the cameras.  

 

 

Everything turned white to Kelly and Beth.  

 

Kelly fell to her knees, her hands on her eyes to try and block out the whiteness.   There was a slight ringing as well and soon her hands moved to her ears to stop the ringing.   It stopped and she began to look around at the expanse of the grey hard floor.   It stretched on for miles.  

 

“Beth!  Where are you??!?!” she called out not knowing what happened or where she was even at.  

 

Beth fell down to her butt and covered her ears as the white quickly faded for her.  She slowly stood up and brushed off some stray sparks and slowly looked around.   She heard Kelly’s voice off in the distance and looked in the direction of her voice.  She eventually spotted her and began running towards her.  

 

“Kelly, right here!” she called while trotting over to her. 

 

“Do you know what happened?” Kelly asked in quizzically. 

“No, I thought it was your old shrinking device that went off at first” Beth responded with a look of disbelief on her face.  

 

“Sorry, I just thought it did not work, I thought it would be cool to put into the display for trick or treaters.” Kelly said with sadness in her face.  

 

“Its alright. We will get Jen she can help us.” Beth said with a calming voice.  

 

Then they both heard a sound that made them jump.  

 

“What was that?!?!” Kelly asked in a startled voice.  

“I don’t know.” Beth said

 

Another pounding noise echoed.  

 

Erin Opened the door of the garage and stepped in.   She looked around confused, she thought her friends were decorating the garage.   She took another step and stopped.   It did look creepy down the hall way of black plastic and skulls.  She slowly started to walk down the passageway, her heels clicking on the concrete floor of the garage.   She rounded the corner and came to a disaster of decorations. 

 

Some sort of electronical device was on the ground along with a skeleton and some black plastic.  She looked off to her right and saw the bare garage wall which she assumed is where the plastic covering was and then she looked to her left.  She saw a giant spider hanging along with the sticky white cobwebs that you would find at Walmart, which was half strung out and falling off.  She took a short step forward and reached up to try and secure it when the plastic came crashing down and landed crumpled on the floor.  

 

“Guess this whole haunted garage thing was a bad idea!” Erin said in a disapproving mood and stormed off.  

 

Kelly and Beth felt earthquakes.   No, It was something else.   They both then heard echo’s of a voice.   They both looked up towards the entrance into the area that they were in and saw Erin in the entryway of the spider room they were creating.    They both looked up in fear as she seemed to rise up into the heavens.  

 

“Erin!!!  Down Here!!!” Kelly and Beth both screamed in unison. 

 

“Erin!!!” Beth called out again.  

 

Erin walked further into the room, her footfalls causing the concrete floor to shake.  Kelly and Beth began to run away from Erin but with the floor quaking they were slowed to a speed walking pace.  

 

They both looked up and saw Erin reach out for the plastic that they had strung up minutes before.   With horror in their eyes Kelly and Beth started to run as it fell.  

 

WWWWWWHHHHHOOOOOOOSSSSHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Black plastic fell on top of Kelly and Beth.  

 

“You ok?” Kelly called out for Beth. 

 

“Yes, where are you?” she replied.  

 

Muffled and above they heard fading footsteps as Erin stormed out of the garage.  

 

“We have to get help.” Kelly said with a serious tone.  

 

“Agreed, but we have to get out from under here. Where are you?” Beth said in a worried tone.

 

“Over here!  Follow my voice.” Kelly said. 

 

“Ok.” Beth said in a tone that sounded un confident. 

 

 

 

 

 

Crystal was a middle aged women who was looking forward to spending Halloween this year with her daughter Kelly and her friends this year.  However, right now she was stuck at work, at the local Walgreens.  She was dressed in her Khaki light brown jeans and her red Walgreens shirt for her uniform.   Her pants hugged her butt firm and her shirt hung just halfway down.  Her feet were encased in her white reebok princess shoes today, size 10w, big for a women her age, it did not faze her though.

 

Crystal clocked off of work in the back room as she turned toward the table to grab her things, her purse, coat and her phone.  

 

“Shit! I need to call my daughter Kelly.” Crystal said under her breath.  

 

Picking up her phone off of the table she dialed her daughter Kelly.  

 

 

 

Back at the house Kelly’s phone buzzed on the table in the kitchen under the dim light streaming though the kitchen window. 

 

The ring tone went on and on.   Crystal hit the end button after the 7th ring.   She tossed her phone back into her purse, and twisted her jacket over her shoulder to put it on.  Then she slung her purse over her shoulder and walked out the breakroom towards the exit of the Walgreens. 

 

Crystal walked up to her car and thought about what Kelly her daughter could be up too.  Different thoughts raced though her mind as she thought of the possibilities that the girls could be turning the garage into.  Haunted house? Haunted Barn?  Who knows with Kelly’s mind.   

 

 

Crystal pulled into the driveway of their house and shut off the car.  She looked blankly at the garage door that was still closed.   The white paint of the door was illuminated by the single light from the top of the roof line.  

 

“She might be inside.” Crystal thought. 

 

Crystal opened her car door and grabbed her things.   The wind blew her ponytail gently into her neck as she leaned in to grab her things.   It seemed to have died down again as she stood back up with her purse over her shoulder. 

 

Crystal noticed that the house was dark as she approached it.  No lights were on.    She fumbled for her keys in her purse and unlocked the door, a common thing that she had gotten used to over the years.  She entered her and her daughters house and flipped on the hall light.   Her Reebok Princess shoes squeaked a bit on the linoleum floor right inside the front door, however she did not take off her shoes just instead walked immediately up the stairs to the kitchen where she slung her purse down on the counter.    

 

Crystal walked over to the fridge and opened it to see what was in it to eat.  After a long day she was starving.  Eyeing the leftover mac’n’cheese, she grabbed it and put it in the microwave.   As she did she bumped into the table, and this caused Kelly’s phone to move ever so slightly off balance and fall off of the table.   Crystal noticed this and picked up her daughters phone. 

 

“That’s odd, normally Kelly would have this on her.” She thought. 

 

Crystal set the phone down on the counter and went out the sliding glass door onto the back porch, slamming the door shut right as the microwave began to beep.   Crystal went down the steps and stopped right before the garage door.   She had an eerie feeling in her stomach.  Assuming it was her stomach growling she opened the door and went in.  

 

Kelly and Beth were making their way through the dark when they both jumped at the sound of the garage door opening.   They were blinded by the bright lights of the garage as they were turned on. 

 

“My eyes!” Beth yelped in pain. 

 

Kelly covered her eyes and then looked above some of the stuff piled in the middle of the garage and saw her moms face.  

 

“C’mon! Its my mom!” Kelly enthusiastically yelled to Beth. 

 

Crystal looked around at the pile of tools and wood in the middle of the garage.  She started walking towards the tools and wood and stopped when she got to it.   She looked down at it and could not piece together what, or why it would be there.   She knew what a drill was and a screw driver was but did not know much else.   She reached down and picked up some of the tools and walked over to the side of the garage and started putting them away.   She did this until all of the tools were put away and then she took the wood and moved it to the corner of the garage, until the plastic remained.   She then picked up the plastic and then took that over to the corner of the garage.   Crystal picked up the broom and began to sweep in a fashion so that she worked her way towards the middle of the garage.  

 

Kelly and Beth watched as Crystal, Kelly’s mom walked up to almost the spot they were at. 

 

“Crystal!!! Down Here!!!!!” Beth yelled while waving her arms. 

 

“Down here Mom!!!  Down here!!!” Kelly screamed. 

 

They watched as Crystal seemed to look down at them.  But instead they realized that she was looking at the pile of tools and wood and plastic.  Kelly and Beth watched as Crystal made several trips to clear the wood and tools as well as the plastic from the area.   They then got nervous as they watched Crystal pick up the broom.  

 

“My mom normally sweeps till she is done with the floor, we have to get away.” Kelly said to Beth. 

Kelly and Beth started running until they started getting tired.   They turned around.   It looked like Crystal was still on the other side of the garage to them.   What they did not know was that they had only traveled a foot if they were normal sized.   Crystal was moving at a greater speed.  Much greater. 

 

Kelly and Beth were dead tired, their thighs were burning.  Finally they both had to stop all together and bent down with their hands on their knees.   The scratching of the broom continued as they rested.   Crystal’s next step shook the ground enough that Kelly and Beth both started running again but at a much slower pace.  

 

Soon Kelly and Beth saw the broom set down in front of them by about 100 yards.   It moved with a torrid pace.   Both of them turned on a dime to run the other way but they were soon overtaken by the broom.   They were pushed along like the other pieces of dust in the garage.   Then they felt nothing as they continued to tumble along the floor.   They stopped.  

 

Kelly looked straight in front of her, her Moms enormous right shoe was planted in front of her.   She could see the shoes outside rolling over outsole of the shoe as it struggled to encase her moms foot.   Kelly also noticed the finest details of  the shoe, scuff marks that were nearly invisible to any normal sized human were visible.   Then the smell hit her.  The smell of rubber mixed with her moms sweaty foot emanated from the Reebok Princess shoe.  

 

Kelly looked around for Beth, but unfortunately she did not see her anywhere.  

 

“Mom!!!” Kelly screamed up. 

 

Her only answer was seeing her mothers arms reach out into the distance with the broom to make another sweep with the broom.     

 

“ No Mom!!! Stop!!” Kelly screamed.

 

Kelly heard the sounds of the bristles of the broom scratching on the floor as her mother continued to sweep.  She readied herself to be impacted by the broom again but that never came.   Crystal lifted the broom just before it reached Kelly and instead a huge cloud of dust rolled over Kelly. 

 

Beth landed on the concrete and tumbled for some time.  That is until she collided with what felt like a brick wall.   She was dazed.   Looking up she just saw a tan ceiling above her.  Stars were in her vision. 

“Help.” She said weakly.

 

Coming though on her senses she finally realized that she was laying on her back.   She looked towards her feet and saw Crystal’s left shoe.   However it looked like it was as tall as a 3 story building.  She could see the movement of Crystals foot from within the shoe and then hear the creaking of the leather as her foot shifted her weight.  

 

Beth could not move fast enough to her feet as Crystal’s foot all of a sudden lifted upwards and then shifted and came down.   Unfortunately for Beth, her legs were in the way of Crystal’s foot.   Beth felt numb from her knees down.  She tried to scream but couldn’t.  She leaned back onto her back, her mouth wide open trying to scream.  

 

Crystal continued to sweep the rest of the dust and dirt into a pile in the center of the garage.   Once that task was completed she looked around for the dust pan.  

 

“Where could it be?” she thought.  

 

She spotted it by the door she came through and walked quickly over to it.   Her footsteps echoed in the garage, however the echo’s were only heard by Kelly and Beth as they were small enough to hear them. 

 

Kelly watched as her giant mother walked back over to the pile of dust. 

 

“Mom!!!” Kelly yelled again. 

 

Her answer was her moms shoe crashing down to the floor in front of her.  A cloud of dust invisible to Crystal blew over the surface of the ground, knocking Kelly to her butt.  Kelly looked over as the broom crashed against the floor and started sweeping.  Kelly was soon overtaken by it and brushed into the dustpan. 

 

Beth however was missed by the broom and was spared by Crystals methodical sweeping.  All she could do was look up at Crystal who had an uncaring look on her face, as she swept.  She watched as Crystal soon swept everything into the dustpan and walked out of the garage leaving Beth to slowly die in agony.  

 

Kelly was being rocked back and forth as she was being carried in the dustpan.  

 

“Mom!!!” Kelly yelled. 

 

But her mother was not looking down.   Soon Crystal walked into the house and opened up the garbage in the kitchen.   She dumped everything into it and then began to tie up the sides of the trash as it was full.   Kelly landed in some old eggs her mother had eaten before work that morning.  

 

That would be her final resting spot as her mother took the bag out to the trash, without the faintest idea of what she just did. 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Hope you like it!  Please review and add imput as I will try to pump out a story sometime soon!   Enjoy!