- Text Size +

Rose and Julie stepped back into the kitchen. Rose swayed, watching her body move, making notes for any changes she felt. "It doesn't feel that different." she said.

"An inch?" Julie replied. "I should think not. But you're still growing. I think we should actually go to the hospital."

"Breakfast first." Rose replied, grabbing both plates for herself. 

"Woah." Julie shouted. "Like that's all yours?"

"I'm a growing girl. Which, real talk, I am exceptionally hungry. But also, you still have six inches on me. So take your half foot and fry some more eggs." Rose slapped all the eggs onto one plate and dug in. Julie watched her, unamused. "Alright, just let me eat and I'll make you some. I'm hungover, give me a break."

Julie sat, watching her small friend dig into the large breakfast. Rose chatted on about the man at the bar, and plans for her new body. Julie was distracted, watching her friend's figure bounce inside her baggy pajama shirt. She shuddered quietly, as she realized that figure was becoming slowly more prominent the more she ate. She saw her large, round breasts poke more and more through, becoming more distinctive shapes behind the fabric. She watched the sleeves of her shirt roll up just slightly, as the neckhole hugged her neck all the more tightly.

"Rose." she tried to slice through Rose's ranting. "Rose, listen." Rose stopped. "I think you're making it worse."

"What worse?" Rose said, taking another big bite of eggs.

"Stand up." Julie rose, saying this. Rose took one last bite of her destroyed plate, and stood next to Julie. Her eyes widened yet again. "I can see your mouth." she said, thinking back to her many days staring at her friend's neck at eye level.

Julie grabbed the tape measurer, not even waiting for Rose to hit the wall. She shot the line up to the top of her head. "Five one." she gasped.

Rose felt her body, running her hands along her breasts, feeling how much more there was. Her smile grew wide. She looked down at her feet. She could see her feet! Even this morning, her PJ bottoms has dragged across the ground, completely covering them.

"Food must make... whatver this thing does... go faster." Julie said.

"I mean it makes sense." Rose said, trying to stay calm. Her eyes widened even more. She whipped her phone out of her pocket, pulling up her dating app. Like lightning, she went to her settings and went straight to height. Her heart pounded as she dragged the bin to the 5, and hit save.

Suddenly, the like numbers went up. 5, then 10, then 20. Rose shoved the phone in Julie's face. "Those fucking assholes. I knew it."

"Ok, cool. The world is horrible. Want to go to the hospital?" Julie said, pushing the phone away.

"I said I was making you breakfast." She sauntered away, making sure to pop her plumper ass in front of Julie as she turned around. Rose started grabbing ingredients from the cabinets. She chuckled.

"What?" Julie asked nervously.

"It's already easier to reach!" Rose replied. She started whipping up a big batch of pancakes.

"I'm not that hungry." Julie said. "And I don't want to waste more time here."

"Some of it's for me." Rose smiled. 

"No. Come on. We don't know what else this shit is doing to your body."

"I agree. So breakfast, well second breakfast for me, then we take a few minutes to snap some new pictures for the app while the getting is good... then hospital."

Five minutes later, Julie sulked in front of a small stack of pancakes, looking at the top of Rose's head behind a much larger stack. "You better be careful. What happens when this stuff wears off and you put on 20 pounds?"

"Weight is temporary, my friend. Today should prove that by a longshot." 

Julie wasn't sure if the pancake stack was shrinking or Rose's head was rising. She picked at her own stack, unamused. She stared at her plate, worry consuming her. What would become of her friend? Would this be the start of months of therapy to heal whatever was ravaging her body? She sat in a fugue for who knows how long before the loud scrape of Rose's chair brought her back to reality.

She looked up. Rose had finished her stack and was stretching her arms in the air in victory. Julie's mouth fell open as she saw her friend's bare midriff rise fully in the stretch. This morning, that shirt was almost down to her knees. Now it hugged her enhanced curves like a mesh. Her C's looked like they'd ballooned to DDs over the course of breakfast. Even when Rose put her arms down, her belly poked out of the shirt. Julie rose, carefully, afraid to see the difference in their heights. She looked down at the top of Rose's head, just barely below her.

Rose stared back at her, just below her eyeline. There could be only an inch between them. "That's the best breakfast I've ever had." She said.

-----

Julie followed after her into the living room of their apartment. She watched her bottom cuffs sway just above her ankle. The pajamas were in danger of being too short, and Rose knew it. She stretched, and pressed, watching the pajamas strain against her new body. 

"What do you think so far?" she said, turning giddily to Julie. She pulled her hands behind her back, letting her chest stick out fully.

"So far?" Julie said.

"Don't be like that. Isn't this fun? When's the last time you had any magic in your life?"

"I think this is more science..."

"It's some good science, then. I'm going to hit the shower, then we're going to reintroduce ourselves to your old pal, cleavage." She shot into the bathroom, and the shower nozzle ran instantly. Julie sighed. What could she do?

----

Rose peeled her pajamas off in front of the large bathroom mirror. She marveled at just how much she could see at her new perspective. Her belly button poked up at the bottom of the mirror, where her chest had once been the limit. She looked at her new chest now, marveling at the curves. She felt each breast in her hand, playing with their new shape. Her fingers trailed down her now flat stomach. Any trace of breakfast had been absorbed completely into her growing body. She even noticed a thin line in her abdominals. The first traces of sculpting. It made her nervous. She'd always been soft around the middle. Now she had the makings of muscle. The alienation from her own self crept in. She shuddered, rushing into the shower.

She felt every inch of herself, washing away the smell of the bar and the booze as she explored the new lengths of herself. Everything seemed closer now, more attainable. She ran her hands along her groin, feeling a wetness she didn't expect. She slid her back against the shower, feeling inside herself as she moaned with pleasure. Her whole body rippled and ached with joy. She could almost feel herself expanding.

Julie walked past the bathroom, hearing the faint sounds of something that was 100% not her business.

Rose stapped out of the shower, looking at herself again. Her bellybutton was now completely visible in the mirror. She gasped. This was all going so fast, and it was beginning to hit her. She put a towel around herself and stormed out, bumping straight into Julie.

They staggered, collecting themselves. It's then that they realized. Julie was looking up at Rose. That same inch, now reversed. 

"I'd say about five six." Rose said, reading Julie's frightened expression.

"Eight inches in less than twelve hours?" Julie asked.

"Looks like it." Rose said.

"Hospital?" Julie asked.

"Hospital." Rose replied.



"But pictures first."