- Text Size +

Fiona was not about to kick this woman out of her own bed, that sounded a touch too far. Even if she didn’t mind it, Fiona was a guest here. “I’ll take a pew. Honestly, after the carriage, just something steady to lay on would be divine.” She chuckled.

The joke at the end seemed to fly over Ana’s head as she nodded. “Let me at least get you something to lay your head on then. Truth be told I was sleeping when you woke me up.” The young priestess said with a rueful smile. She walked into her room and returned with a rather nice little pillow, offering it out to Fiona.

“This church is protected against the monsters and beasts outside. The Venerated have their eyes upon their holy house and will not permit such profane entities to enter. You may sleep easier knowing that.” Ana assured her.

Not having to worry about zombies coming to take a bite out of her was indeed a nice bit of relief. Fiona bid the sister a good evening as the redhead walked back to her room, bare feet slapping loudly upon the marble floors. The door to her room shut moments later and Fiona leaned back against the pew, rubbing the heels of her hands into her eyes. Venerated what a stupid rookie mistake. Right at the gates of her destination and she stumbled. The Sister probably thought she was an idiot.

It gave Fiona time to consider at least. She had entered here without much of a plan and it showed in her injury already. She couldn't keep going out and flailing into the darkness. It was a good thing that had only been a mere zombie otherwise Fiona absolutely could have died in that fight. Something that she wasn't blind to. The adventurer was a seasoned warrior and had fought against the creatures of the night before but this was another situation entirely. She couldn't take for granted that her experienced could pull her through here.

The blonde did wonder, was this place actually safe or was it just not something that the undead could bring themselves to bother with. Whatever the case was they didn't seem to come near here. But what if Fiona led them here? What if her little incident had them showing up at the door? It was an unpleasant thought really. Not one that she wanted to linger on for too long. No. The Sister said it would be safe. She had been living her for a while probably. It was just her nerves talking from the attack.

She rested her head back against the pillow and looked up at the ceiling. For whatever reason… Fiona was finding it tricky keeping her eyes open. There was a wave of fatigue that was assailing her all of a sudden. A numbing sensation was radiating from where she had been bitten. Was it the medicine? Whatever it was the blonde was finding it next to impossible to keep her eyes open. She was drifting and drifting until blackness at last took her.

When she came back to the world of the waking from a grey dreamless sleep, there was such a feeling of weakness about her. She rubbed her head, letting out a groan as she sat back up slowly. The blonde was rubbing the sleep from her eyes, the aches and pains making her feel a bit worse and there was still a rather prevalent chill in the air. Venerated and she had thought the carriage had been uncomfortable. 

 

She looked around… and her eyes widened significantly. She could see she was on a vast plane of wood that seemed to go on and on in one direction until it hit a wall. It was shorter in the other directions but the shape of it… it was hard to grasp that it was the very pew she had just fallen asleep on. After all it seemed an insane notion. Being this small wasn’t something that happened. Was she dreaming? This had to be a dream right. She smacked herself sharply across the face, blinking from the pain. 

 

No, this was real. It was very real. Her eyes turned to her injured hand. Was this a result of her getting bitten by that zombie? Had that done this to her? Fiona had no answers really. Just a countless amount of questions. The question was where she’d get the answers. She considered her choices. 

 

The room of the sister was in the distance, she was presumably still sleeping there. It was possible she could squeeze under the door. She could stay on the pew of course, it was higher up and had a better chance of getting noticed even if she was the size of an ant. Right now finding help and getting help was her first priority. So somehow getting Sister Ana’s help was top of the list. 

 

B-2a: Fiona climbs down to try and reach Ana’s room.

B-2b: Fiona stays on the pew to try and get noticed higher up.