- Text Size +

It was time for Fiona to head up to the Cursed City of Istrel. She took a deep breath as she looked in its direction. There was that chill as she gazed at it, the words of the sister ringing in her mind still. She had never seen anyone that entered leave the place. Would Fiona be one of those that didn’t leave? Would she manage to prevail over the forces between her and the treasury? Fiona had a lot of faith in her abilities. Yet this was a being she had never faced before. A creature older than many nations.

Still despite all of that, Fiona found her steps leading toward the city proper. She held a lit candle up high as she made her way further up the road, the mists swirling around her and seeming to swallow her up. Her blade was at the ready in her hand. The blonde was uneasy but that was something every adventurer felt before setting forth. Anyone who boasted of having no fear was either lying or crazy.

“You’ve got this, Fio. You know your stuff.” She told herself.

Soon enough as she walked her steps brought her to the mouth of the gates of the city. A vast stone structure with its gates flung wide open. It really was like the mouth of some great beast ready to swallow her up. There were no guards posted, no undead milling about in front of the gates waiting to fight her. No archers took aim at her from on high. She was being invited inside of Istrel. Beckoned to enter and try her luck and test her skill. She swallowed hard and forced herself to keep walking.

The feeling of dread only got worse and worse the closer she came to crossing over. It was enough that it felt like a physical force that was hanging over her. Oppressive really. Still she stepped through the gates of Istrel and walked through them. As soon as she passed them however she started to feel… nauseous. Sick. Like there was some force that was taking hold of her. She felt weak as well. As soon as she passed into the city proper the world started to spin and she held a hand to her head.

Her knees buckled from under her and she dropped her candle, falling forward and only just catching herself with her sword. She felt so heavy. She felt like she was about to buckle under her own weight it was so bad really. It was like a feeling of just such complete and utter fatigue that there was no relief from it. It felt like her very vitality was being sucked dry from her without any chance to stop it. Did she have anything that could stop this feeling?

A-4: She did not have anything (Selected coming straight here and ignored village/or did not take the crucifix at option A-2b)
A-5: She did have something (Selected taking the crucifix at option A-2a)