- Text Size +

Fiona figured it might be a good idea to get the lay of the land outside the city before anything else. There might well be clues that could tell her something about what she was dealing with. Monsters often left a lot of hints around their lairs. That was what the blonde was looking for. She figured that the outside of the city was probably a lot safer than the inside as well. Good idea for some risk free recon. 

 

The buildings of the village were ruined and ravaged by age and time. Termites were probably the only things that called them home now. She glanced around inside some of the buildings and saw nothing but the rotting and ruined remains of furniture. So far there really didn’t seem to be anything of value around. Which made sense in a way, if there had been surely looters would have claimed it many years ago. The low light of the night certainly wasn’t helping matters. She needed to see if the Sister back at the Church had some candles or something she could use. 

 

She crossed a rather ravaged barn that looked a few moments from collapsing when she heard something just as she crossed it. She barely had time to lift her arms up before a zombie was on her. She let out a cry of surprise as the monster tackles her bodily to the ground, its rotting teeth snapping at her leather armguards. Adrenaline was pumping through her veins. She kicked and pushed to get the mindless undead off her. 

 

As soon as it was pushed off her she drew her blade and got up, letting out a cry as she brought it down on the slow creature. She hacked and slashed at it, carving it up well past the point it was dead. She looked down at the creature on the ground, breathing heavily as she did. Gore was sliding from her blade and the stench once it was cut open was more foul than any meat rotting in a fishmarket. 

 

There was a flare of pain from her arm. She lifted it up and could see one of the bites had gotten through her armor and come down on her skin. It wasn’t a major wound but it hurt like sin that much was for sure. Fiona cursed under her breath and lifted her waterskin up, running some water over the bloody bite marks. She had some bandages she wrapped around it as well. She wrinkled her nose and kicked the corpse of the zombie. 

 

“Thanks a lot, pal.” She growled. 

 

Well that had been less than pleasant. She could also guess that if there was one here there would be more that would likely follow. There was never just one zombie milling around. She didn’t have much in the way of light and that meant they could just come out from anywhere without warning. Fiona wasn’t exactly suicidal. Much as she wanted to continue exploring the village, she was injured now and needed to see to that. 

 

She kicked herself mentally for not going to the church straight away and turned, heading back toward that way. She was in something of a foul mood after that whole affair, but really she didn’t have anyone but herself to blame and she knew that. By the Venerated that bite fucking *hurt*! She bit her lower lip as she made her way back toward the light of the Church. She pounded on the door with her fist as opposed to using the knocker, glancing behind her to make sure no Zombies were coming behind her. 

 

“Hey! I’m a traveler, ended up getting injured, could use some treatment if you could offer it!” She called inside. 

 

There was silence for a few moments before she could hear movement from inside and the sound of a number of locks being undone. At least four of them. The door swung open and Fiona found herself glancing down. Standing in the doorway was a rather petite red haired woman dressed in the black and white vestments of a woman of cloth. A crucifix hung around her neck. She took one look at the blood starting to stain the bandages Fiona had wrapped and hurried her inside. 

 

“Take off the bandages and sit down somewhere, traveler. What happened?” She started locking the door again as Fiona entered. 

 

“Got bit by a zombie out there in the village, gah, hurts like a bitch.” Fiona hissed in pain. 

 

Stepping inside the Church it was indeed a modest affair. Only four pews were arranged through the church. There were three doors around the room, one was cracked and looked to be where the priestess had come from. The other two were shut and rather firmly locked. The altar at the head of the main chamber had a small statue of an angelic figure overlooking it, its arms outstretched invitingly. 

 

Fiona seated herself down and started removing the bandages as the Sister went off to one of the locked doors, pulling out a wrought iron key and opening it up. She stepped inside and when she returned it was with some fresh bandages and some medicine. The redhead sat down on the pew and took Fiona’s injured arm firmly. She applied a bit of the rather greenish medicine to the wound, drawing a pained hiss from Fiona. The redhead ignored this and applied some to one of the bandages before wrapping it around the wound. 

 

“Haven’t seen someone come by with one of these. What possessed you to go into the village without stopping by here?” The redhead asked, concern written across her lightly freckled face.

 

The blonde adventurer coughed slightly, more than a tad embarrassed. “Well, I was doing some reconnaissance.” It had been pretty stupid on her part really. 

 

The sister sighed a weary sigh. “Well what matters is you didn’t suffer anything worse than a minor injury. We can thank the Venerated for that. In any event, I’m Sister Ana, the overseeing sister for this outpost. I can assume you’re one of the adventurers that have been filtering through here to the city. I must insist you rest a bit here. It's not a major injury perhaps, but it will do you no good to head out at anything less than your best.” The sister said sternly. 

 

Fiona scratched the back of her neck. She was right of course. Probably was a good idea to at least give the wound some time to scar over. “Well I’d be glad for that, Sister.” She accepted. 

 

A relieved sigh escaped the redhead. “Right then. I don’t have many options for you. You can take a pew or you can take my bed. I’d happily offer it up to you if it would hasten your healing.” The sister offered rather generously. 

 

Fiona considered it. 

 

B-2: Fiona chose the pew

B-3: Fiona accepted the bed