- Text Size +

It was risky, sure, skittering on the floor like some kind of common insect but Fiona wasn’t someone that shied away from risks. She was an adventurer so it was kind of in the job description really. She made her way to the closest side of the pew and pulled out a dagger. Her sword was a bit much to help with climbing. She also pulled out a little knife she used when eating and held them with one in each hand. Rather like they were improvised climbing tools. 

 

That done she started stabbing them into the hardwood, wincing as her injured hand had to exert force. It didn’t hurt as much as it had when she had first been bitten, almost numbed in a way. But she was pretty sure the injury was going to reopen by the time she reached the bottom. It would have been a distance that she never would have thought about at her normal scale. To someone the scale of an ant however it was something of a decent climb down, enough to give a bit of a workout. 

 

She managed to make her way to the floor after a good bit of time and was breathing rather heavily. Thank the Venerated. Her injury was starting to flare up again, Fiona letting out a hiss of paint as she walked out into the chapel proper. There was immediate alarm as she noted the door to the outside was open and the crucifix that had been hanging on the door was gone from what she could see in the distance. There was a chill that ran down her spine. It didn’t sound like there was an intruder here. Still…

 

Fiona started making her way toward the distant door of Ana’s room, crossing a good distance across the marble floor. As she did she noticed a couple of… disturbing things. There were faint bloodstains of people her scale on the floor. Positioned as though they had been squashed. The blonde swallowed hard as she could see she wasn’t the only one to suffer this fate. She just had to hope she fared better than the poor suckers here. She thought Ana was lovely looking but, uh, maybe not enough to die for. 

 

The next disturbing thing she noted was the door to Ana’s room. It had scratch marks all over it. Like some animal had tried to get in and failed. Fiona wondered how she could have slept through that happening. Ice was filling her veins as she felt more than a little bit of unease over this whole situation. What the hell was going on here? First she found out she was small and now this?

 

“Ana, hope you’re okay.” She said to herself as she started squeezing under the thick oaken door. 

 

The inside of Ana’s room was filled with religious symbols to the Venerated. It was quite clear anything unholy trying to get in here wouldn’t have fared too well. Fiona could hear the distant and rather loud sound of Ana breathing peacefully atop her bed. That alone brought a sigh of relief to Fiona as she decided where best to go in order to get noticed by the slumbering sister. She had a few options. 

 

B-2a1: Fiona climbs the bed

B-2a2: Fiona climbs the dresser next to the bed

B-2a3: Fiona climbs on Ana’s sandals (seriously?)

 

To be Continued...