- Text Size +

Bond sat dejectedly on the bench, placed there against his will, by the girl with incredible size and strength. She was holding his tray of food in one hand, caught him with her other, never spilling a single drop, while talking to the Russian lady like nothing was happening. He could do nothing to counteract the woman. She was too damn strong. 


To make matters worse, while Bond was on the bench, two female guards carried in another man, and placed him lying down next to him. The young Giantess gave the guards Bond’s tray of food to take away, then she bent over, hovering above him in a menacing manner, while the older lady came over and told him that it was impolite to try and run. It gave her the impression that he was rude, and a guest should never be rude.


Bond’s spirit was nearly broken. He had been manhandled, forcibly stripped of his clothes, had his food taken away as punishment, and lectured like a little boy by his teacher. And to top it off, the girl in front of him was trying to intimidate him, and she was. 


The girl stood up, and then looked at the figure still on the bench and unconscious. She placed her hand on his face, then turned and left with the Russian. Bond didn't even bother to look up when the door slammed close.


Once the women were gone, he stood up and went to the door, and pulled on the bars. He knew it wouldn't make a difference, but it was more out of habit than anything. He turned to go back to the bench, and glancing at the man passed out, instantly recognized him, and he started to steel himself for the trouble that would most likely follow.


Anya and Holly woke up in a cold, damp cell. Their heads hurt, and their vision blurred. They stood up and struggled mightily to keep their balance. They both took deep breaths, and used techniques both learned, to regulate their bodies. Gradually, vision became normal, and the pain in their heads went away.


They asked each other how they were doing, when the door to their cell opened, and in walked the two ladies that had just left Bond to wallow in pity. Anya recognized the Russian, while Holly guessed that the younger, much larger, lady was Jennifer Burton. She had a very beautiful face, and a body that seemed a mile wide. The strength of Jaws, the beauty of Dolly. 


Anya and the Russian stared coldly at each other, then began a conversation in their native tongue. Holly had become proficient in the language, so she was able to follow along. 


Anya called Irina by name, and said that she wasn't surprised that she was involved in what was happening. Her coward of a father tried to undermine Mother Russia, only to be shot trying to escape into West Germany.


Normally, Holly would be shocked by what Anya had said, but she knew what her friend was trying to accomplish. Immediately go for the verbal kill shot, and see if your enemy can be rattled. If so, one could play mind games, and rather successfully, in order to manipulate them into a fatal mistake. 


But Irina remained calm, showing no emotion whatsoever. She coldly looked at XXX, and said if it wasn't for General Gogol thinking that she was good in the sack, Anya would have been nothing more than a glorified mail clerk 


That stung Anya a little. When she was recruited into the KGB, men who were rejected had subtly hinted it was because she was on her knees in front of Gogol. It hurt then, and fueled her ambition to be the best at everything she did. 


Irina knew that she hit a nerve. She continued that Anya couldn't even handle Karl Stromberg without the help of a man. This caused XXX’s blood pressure to rise.


Holly sensed her friend was in trouble, so interrupted with a question. What was the ultimate end for the plan in motion? Irina looked at Holly and gave a brief smile, saying that they would learn soon enough, then cryptically adding that James Bond, and others like him, won’t enjoy life afterwards. Then the women turned and left, slamming the door behind them.


Once Holly and Anya were alone, they finally noticed that they were in different clothes. Basic t-shirts and pants. That was it. It meant that they had been searched, and all spare and hidden weapons had been confiscated. 


Anya was upset, but it wasn't just Irina getting under her skin. She blamed herself for falling into Irina’s trap. As an experienced officer in the Russian military, and the head of Russian Counter Intelligence, she should have been able to spot the signs. Instead, she let her guard down and became sloppy.  And they were captured as a result. She cursed herself under her breath.


Jaws began stirring, which made 007 tense up and prepare himself for any trouble that might occur. He looked around for anything that might come in handy, but found nothing.


Jaws sat up, unable to focus his eyes, or even stand up. He tried to say something, but it sounded like nothing but gibberish. Bond cautiously approached his former enemy, unsure of what he would do if attacked. 


After a few minutes, Jaws mind and vision cleared enough to recognize 007, and raised his hands, but only to let Bond know that he meant no harm. He asked the secret agent where he was, and how did he get there.


Bond looked at him for a minute, then said he wasn't sure, but he had a pretty good idea that they were beneath the old Whyte House. As for how he got there, two women brought him in while he was  unconscious.


Bond asked Jaws what he remembered. Jaws replied that he, Holly, and Anya were in an old mine shaft when there was a funny smell, then his world went dark. 007 thought for a moment, then told him it was knockout gas. 


Bond’s next question to him was why was he there, in Vegas. Jaws explained everything about his life and journey up until then, leaving nothing out. 007 finally put two and two together, and said that he suspected that his daughter, Jennifer, was the one who kidnapped him. He described her height, very feminine face, and incredible strength. Jaws said that it sounded like his girl. 


Neither one could come up with a reason for why she would be involved in the situation overtaking the world, but involved she was. Bond sat next to his former foe. His natural inclination was to not trust him, but if both Holly and Anya were comfortable with him in the mix, then he had no other choice. 


Holly examined the cell door. Iron, though some of it looked rusted. Anya was still upset with herself for their predicament, and wasn't really paying attention. Holly remembered what was happening in the world, and taking a chance, grabbed hold of the bars. 


She pulled them towards her, but felt no movement. She reapplied her grip, and pulled harder. The iron shifted ever so slightly. She tried again, this time with maximum effort, and to her surprise, the door came off its hinges. They were free.


Anya wasn't really paying attention at first, but when she heard the door come off, she looked up. She asked Holly what happened, and Dr Goodhead explained what she did, and why she did it. Anya was extremely impressed, and both women left the cell in search of James Bond and Jaws.


Irina and Jennifer were in an office glued to a video screen. They watched Holly pull the door off. They looked at each other, and Irina said one word- excellent!