- Text Size +

Bond never felt more useless and weak. The enormous girl had stood in front of him, holding a tray of food. And even using all his weight and then element of surprise when he rammed his shoulder into her midsection, it had absolutely no effect. She didn’t move, not even a millimeter from her position, and the tray never wavered. It was like he never attacked her.


And his well placed kick against her knee only succeeded in causing him intense pain, while doing nothing against its target. With his leg and shoulder still hurting, he looked at the tray of food next to him, and decided to eat. He was absolutely sure it wasn't poisoned or drugged. Whoever was in charge, they wanted him alive. 


Once he was done eating, he stood up and inspected his cell. Basic and generic. But it made him wish that he had Q’s acid pen to melt the bars, like the one he had in Kamal Khan's Palace. Instead, he was now a prisoner, having to wait on his jailer to open the cell door. To him, life sucked.


Anya drove the van while Holly and Jaws discussed this situation. She asked a series of questions designed to subtly determine his true intentions. It was a technique that the CIA had developed when they debriefed a defector. This was an effective way of intercepting an enemy agent who claimed they were defecting, but in fact was a plant to weaken the government.


Once she was satisfied, Holly asked Jaws if he had any pictures of his daughter. If they were going on with guns ablaze to rescue 007, they wanted to make sure that Jaws’ daughter wasn't an unintended casualty. 


Anya drove across the Utah border. Vegas was still a day away. She asked them if they wanted to come up with a strategy. Bond knew the tunnels under the Whyte House, but he wasn't there, so they were going in blind. Holly and Jaws agreed. They had reached the town of Cedar City, and decided to stop for the night. 


Both Holly and Anya wanted to continue, but Jaws had gotten to the point where he couldn't keep his eyes open. They pulled into a motel parking lot, and Holly rented a room. 


They got settled. Jaws dozed for an hour on a chair, while Holly walked to the restaurant on the premises to get everyone dinner. When she got back, Jaws was awake, and drinking coffee, while Anya decided on a quick shower. 


Once everyone was settled, and the meal eaten, Holly pulled out a detailed map of Vegas and the area where the Whyte House stood. It was decided to leave about 3am, and get there by 5, while it was still dark. Holly tried to remember what Leiter had told her with regards to objects in the desert that could be used as landmarks in order to arrive at the correct position.


Holly pulled out the picture of Jennifer, Jaws’ daughter. Anya could tell how beautiful she was, and how tall and thick she was before any of the changes took effect. She would have been a formidable and dangerous opponent under normal circumstances. But now, with the changes going on, and her getting mixed up with Blofeld's organization, her menace factor increased ten-fold.


A watch schedule was agreed upon by Holly and Anya. They thought it best to keep Jaws’ involvement a secret. Anya would take first watch until 11, then Holly, and they would be on the road by 3. 


With Holly and Jaws both asleep, Anya started her patrol of the motel grounds. She looked at her watch. 9pm. It was dark, but not pitch black. Her first patrol revealed nothing out of the ordinary. So she returned to the room, and rechecked her weapon. At 10:30, she made her final patrol.


She initially found nothing unusual, but, on her return to the room, spotted a vehicle that wasn't there previously. It was a non-descript sedan. Anya drew her weapon and investigated the car. There was nothing about the car that screamed danger, but it gave her an uneasy feeling. 


Upon her return to the room, Holly was up and dressed. Anya relayed the car that had suddenly appeared, and the feeling she had. Holly told her that she would investigate when she did her patrol.


Holly checked her weapon, and once Anya was settled, left the room, and cautiously approached the sedan that was described. Although appearing quite normal, Holly thought something was off, but wasn't quite sure what it was.


She continued her patrol of the grounds, and finding everything in order, went back to the room. She looked at her watch. 12:00 am. She peeked out the curtains, and saw nothing, so she grabbed a quick cup of coffee. She grabbed the map, and stared at the area where the Whyte House stood. She examined the area surrounding the old building, and tried to remember what Leiter had told her. 


It suddenly came to her. About a mile to the Northwest of the property, there should stand a large rock that had cactus plants growing on the side. Leiter couldn't remember any other occasion where cacti grew on a rock. So they were to look for that. Then there should be a fake cactus plant off to the side. It was to be pushed in, and then the ground should lift up, revealing the tunnel.


Holly left for her final patrol at 2 am. Anya had woken up, and was in the process of sweeping the room, making sure all objects were accounted for. She woke Jaws, who stumbled groggily to the bathroom.


Holly noticed the sedan in a different position than previously. It reminded her of a getaway vehicle when they extracted foreign targets from guarded buildings. She immediately knew trouble was about to arrive. And like clockwork, three figures approached, each spaced about 15 feet apart. Holly drew her weapon, and crouched down. 


Aiming her weapon at the center target, she quickly fired off a shot, not only to force the approaching enemy into defensive positions, but as a way to alert Anya. 


Anya and Jaws heard the shot. She killed the lights, and while Holly had the gunmen distracted, sent Jaws to the van, while she exited the room undetected, and came up behind the attackers. They had started firing at Holly, and never noticed the large figure coming up on them. Anya easily twisted the neck of the first gunmen, killing him instantly, and shot with balls on accuracy through the side of the head of the second person. Holly then shot the attacker to her right, a direct hit into the heart. 


They walked to the van. They knew that the police weren't going to be arriving, as since a majority of them were men, they were probably struggling handling the gear that was now too heavy and unwieldy for them. So they made sure Jaws was ok, and got into the van and drove off towards Vegas.


James Bond woke up to the sound of the cell door being unlocked. He groggily sat up, noticing the giant woman who kidnapped him enter, followed by another female that he didn't know. This was a lady who appeared to be about 40, and she was taller than he was, but nowhere near as tall as the young girl. She barked orders in a thick Russian accent, telling him to stand up, and to get undressed. 


Bond told her that she was daft, until the younger woman easily lifted him up and positioned him in such a way as to make it impossible for him to move as she took off his clothes. Her tight grip rendered him immobile, so he just started yelling at her, demanding that she immediately release him and put him down. The girl just ignored his protests, removing the last piece of clothing, his underpants, with ease. Only then did the girl put him down, then handed him a different set of clothes for him to wear. Then both women left, locking the door behind them. 


Humiliated by the experience, Bond looked at the clothes. Black shorts and a gold top. They looked like something a little kid would wear. His mood grew angrier by the minute.