- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

(Took longer than I meant it to, - like I ever avoid that - but here's the second half of this story!)

 

“Yep, we’ll be at my place. Trucy’ll probably stay over, but if she wants to come home, I’ll get her there.”

...

“Boss, c’mon, you really think I’d let anything happen to your little girl?”

...

“... Yeah. I really care about her, Mr. Wright. She’ll be home tomorrow, no matter what.”

Trucy smiled to herself, her face feeling a little warm. She didn’t need Athena’s hypersensitive hearing to pick out the tenderness clear in her girlfriend’s voice.

“Alright, see you Monday, Boss!”

 

The comfortable space of Athena’s pocket swayed a little as she dropped her phone into the shoulder bag she’d “borrowed”. Trucy was sitting comfortably back against the interior wall of the pocket, awaiting Athena’s next move.

“Ready to go?” Athena prompted her from above.

Shuffling forward a bit, Trucy stuck a hand out into the air and gave a thumbs-up. She heard Athena stifle a little laugh.

“Well, OK!”

A gentle swaying movement began shifting Trucy back and forth as Athena got moving. She left the dressing room, apparently heading straight for the nearest exit. Trucy settled back down in the comfort of the pocket. A few seconds passed, and she uttered a surprised noise; Athena’s huge hand had appeared, slipping into the pocket to join her.

“Um...”

Athena’s fingers settled down right next to her, the arch of her palm filling all the space above Trucy as her other side was flanked by an equally large thumb. After a second spent curling in on herself and wondering what was about to happen, Trucy felt a gentle squeeze from both sides. Athena had closed a soft grip on her body, totally encircling her. She wasn’t already going to be pulled out of the pocket, was she?

It didn’t seem so; Athena was still moving, but now with a soft hold on Trucy’s whole body, like some strange relative to the typical hug. It was an odd sensation to get used to, but after a short wait, Trucy smiled, snuggling up to Athena’s huge thumb.

 


 

 

Exiting the theatre in short order, Athena kept a gentle hold on the little weight in her jacket pocket. She’d turned their whole situation around so quickly – just a matter of minutes earlier, she’d been squirming and protesting in the plush hold of Trucy’s gigantic rear, and now she had her girlfriend shrunken down to a size smaller than most of her individual fingers, tucked safely away in her pocket.

She would’ve been lying to claim that her mind wasn’t buzzing with amusing ideas as to how she might get some payback against Trucy for stuffing her down the back of her pants for her entire performance, but now that she actually had her girlfriend stowed safely away like this, the ill-tempered mood previously bubbling up inside her was fading in a considerable hurry. She would probably still find something she could do to teach Trucy a lesson – her favourite little magician rather deserved it at times – but for now, she was content to simply let Trucy relax for their trip back to her apartment.

 

Crossing the parking lot back to her car, Athena gently and playfully squeezed at Trucy’s little body, jostling her passenger around a bit with her thumb. Trucy didn’t seem to be protesting. Actually, her movements in response seemed to indicate she appreciated the activity.

Athena had to stop once she’d settled down in her car, her eyes scanning around for something.

“There we go...”

She leaned across the dash, picking up a winter glove she’d meant to put away for a few months. She just needed something to tuck into her pocket as a protective barrier to prevent Trucy somehow tumbling out during the drive.

“New roommate, Truce!”

 


 

 

Trucy shuffled aside as a huge, rolled-up glove joined her inside of Athena’s pocket. Athena took a moment to secure it over top of her, and Trucy was left in darkness.

She waited, closing her eyes. If she listened closely, she could pick up the nearby sound of Athena’s heart beating. Yet another warm feeling crept up inside of her.

The sound was stifled once the car started up, and predictably, it was a little harder for Trucy to sit comfortably with a very large wad of fabric resting on top of her and her surroundings now shuddering with the motion of a vehicle that seemed to her the size of the entire theatre they’d just left. She curled her body halfway into a ball and settled in. Chatting with Athena during the drive sadly wouldn’t be a feasible option, so getting a bit of rest following her magic show seemed like the best alternative.

Truthfully, she was still a bit tense about just what her girlfriend had planned for her. The feeling wasn’t entirely nervousness; there was a certain measure of excitement and anticipation worked into the mix as well.

 


 

 

Parking. Exiting the car. Walking halfway to the stairs before spinning on her heel and heading back. Locating the second glove of the set meant to go back inside. Heading for the stairs again. Making her way up to her apartment.

Athena wondered if Trucy was getting bored as she stepped inside of her small apartment, closing the door with one foot behind her. Well, she wouldn’t be bored for long. Tugging the winter gloves from her pocket and bundling them up together, Athena finally stowed them away and kicked off her boots. Spending a bit of time effectively alone for the drive back home had given her more than enough opportunity to decide what she and Trucy would be doing together this evening.

First thing, she needed to get out of these sweaty clothes. Going straight to her room, Athena wasted no time in slipping her jacket off and balling it up. She smirked to herself, feeling the fabric in her hands shudder a little as Trucy moved around, no doubt confused and startled by what was happening around her. Athena lobbed the bundle of fabric onto her bed, imagining the dizzying landing from Trucy’s perspective.

From there, she moved right on to changing. A few stretches were in order, and then she could make a real workout of her evening remaining before bed. Sure, that would mean making another set of her clothes almost as sweaty as what she’d just changed out of, but at least it would only be her own sweat this time around.

 


 

 

(Well... maybe I deserved that a little...)

Trucy was currently crawling and digging her way through a mass of heavy fabric to escape the jumbled mess that Athena’s stylish jacket had suddenly transformed into around her. The change had been very sudden; one moment she was relaxing in Athena’s pocket and awaiting a hand lifting her gently out, and the next the pocket had been abruptly closed off, the fabric walls around her shifting and pressing softly in on her as Athena seemed to roll her jacket up into a ball. From there, as near as she could tell, Athena had tossed her some short distance, the brief flight ending with a dizzying tumble onto whatever surface had caught her. She still felt a bit dazed, and was completely clueless as to which direction she was crawling in as she made her way along. Hopefully she didn’t just burrow her way right back into Athena’s pocket...

She made a hopeful noise as the very dim light surrounding her brightened up a little. She had to be getting closer to an escape route now.

The vast jacket she was tunneling through smelled like it had just been washed within the last day or so. Athena had halfway decent taste in detergent, but Trucy felt her girlfriend could probably do better. Still, it wasn’t the worst possible scent to be completely surrounded by.

She began to wonder what Athena was doing. Was she sitting nearby, watching a small bump move around beneath the fabric of her jacket, doing her best to avoid laughing?

 

At last, Trucy pushed her way past a folded edge of fabric to find herself out in the light of Athena’s apartment. Now, just where she was in particular was still a mystery to be solved, but...

“Eep!”

One of her hands reflexively rose up to her mouth in shock. She recognized the sights of Athena’s bedroom now, though they were of course much larger than she was used to seeing. More significantly, however, her view out across the expanse of the familiar room was given a rather eye-catching landmark in the form of Athena herself. From a perch that she could now tell was on top of Athena’s bed, Trucy found herself staring, red-faced, at the sight of the attorney midway through changing.

Athena had put on a set of shorts like she often wore for workouts, and had a pair of dark socks on, but to Trucy’s considerable shock and embarrassment, she was otherwise nude.

Just as Trucy was registering this, Athena briefly turned her head. After a double-take, her blue eyes fixed on Trucy’s position.

“Hey!” she exclaimed. She hadn’t fully turned to face the bed, but twisting her upper body around was enough for Trucy to catch the briefest glimpse of Athena’s left breast from her side. “Good to see you again! Just wait a second...”

 


 

 

A wide smirk spread across her face, Athena hurried about getting a more exercise-appropriate bra on, followed by grabbing the tank top she’d set on her dresser and wriggling her way into it. With a satisfied sigh, she turned and strolled right back to her bedside. Down on the blanket, the very small figure of her girlfriend had just crawled out of the jumbled heap her jacket had become when she hurled it onto the bed, and unless Athena was mistaken, Trucy’s pale face had a distinct blush on it.

“Well, Truce? I’m all ready to go here, but how about you?”

All of Trucy’s usual performer’s confidence had melted away, leaving the puny magician on the bed looking very small and embarrassed as she fidgeted and tried to say something in reply. Athena waved a hand, smiling patiently.

“Ah, no worries. I’ll make sure we both have a good time! Now, c’mon up with me...!”

Scooping the tiny girl off her bed, Athena flattened out her palm and let Trucy settle down in it.

“Off we go!”

 

Making her way to her apartment’s small living room, Athena snatched up the rolled yoga mat resting against the wall with her free hand. Trucy was looking more relaxed now, just seated in her palm and enjoying the ride.

Giving the mat a firm shake, Athena unrolled it out onto the floor and eased herself down onto it.

“Stretches first!” she said, glancing at Trucy. “Always important.”

Once she was comfortable, Athena deposited Trucy on the yoga mat itself, stretching her long legs out across it. Trucy was left standing in the space between her toned thighs.

 


 

 

Biting her lip and doing all she could to fight down the blush still tingling across her cheeks, Trucy found herself staring pointedly at the ground.

The yoga mat had to be pretty soft, but she was quite small, and her boots barely left an indent in it at all. To her sides, the positively incredible walls that were Athena’s thighs loomed over her, shifting just a little in her peripheral vision.

She and Athena were... not quite as intimate as some couples might have been. Well, not yet, at any rate. They kissed, held hands, and generally neither felt embarrassed at all to grab the other or snuggle in close with her in private. Still, getting this personal a view of Athena’s toned body, strengthened in all areas by such a steady workout routine, was something Trucy couldn’t pretend didn’t make her feel very warm all over and more than a little embarrassed, especially when it was so obvious that Athena herself was taking great satisfaction in providing the experience.

Her nose pricked at the slight scent of sweat, but mostly Athena’s closeness and intimidating presence were overtaking Trucy’s senses in a positive and entirely welcome way. She had to admit that she’d more than enjoyed teasing and toying with her girlfriend earlier, but now Athena was very clearly the one in control, and now that her apprehension had faded in earnest, Trucy’s nervousness had morphed entirely into an enticing form of excitement. For Athena, who had been so helpless just a little whole ago, overpowering her now would be as simple as just closing those powerful thighs in on her and instantly placing her comparatively puny body into a tight, warm squeeze between them. The image flashed in Trucy’s imagination; Athena instantly and completely immobilizing her, her entire body sandwiched between her girlfriend’s legs and left entirely to Athena’s whims...

... And there was the blush again.

“Darn it...” she muttered. She could feel an electric tingle spreading all the way to her fingers and toes, her imagination suitably distracted by what were now increasingly adult-rated ideas of just where this evening might go if she let it. She looked upward again, purging the thoughts from her mind for the moment.

Up above, Athena had crossed one arm over behind her head to grip at the bicep of the other. She stretched one way for several seconds, then switched around to do the same for the other side. Trucy couldn’t help noticing the way that Athena’s tank top stretched as well, curving around the swell of her breasts, which stood out prominently enough to partially block the view of her face. A short ways below, the edge of her top teased at the incredible definition of her abs. She could’ve been an Olympic athlete, Trucy was sure, if she hadn’t already settled so happily into a mix of law and psychology. Only a tiny view of the space inside Athena’s tank top was visible, but even that was enough to make Trucy’s mouth feel a little dry.

To her embarrassment, her mouth fell open as Athena suddenly lurched forward, leaning down toward her to reach her hands forward and touch her toes. The motion brought her thighs slightly closer together, tightening the space Trucy occupied just a bit, and made ignoring those attention-catching abs of hers a task even further beyond the magician’s reach. She heard a small grunt of exertion from somewhere above her. Trucy took a single step backward, floored by what she was seeing. She’d been around during Athena’s workouts before, but seeing her girlfriend’s practiced movements from such an extreme angle was a whole different kind of experience.

Like she could tell exactly what Trucy was thinking, Athena broke the silence with a coy “Liking the view?” Her voice sounded slightly strained by both the stretch she was performing and the effort not to giggle.

Finally summoning a little of her confidence back, Trucy spoke up, replying, “Hard not to when your girlfriend’s this good-looking!”

“Aw... now that sounds a whole lot nicer than when you made me spend half the evening with your butt...”

Trucy smiled. Athena pushed herself back up to a sitting position. “... It’s a nice butt, though.” the towering redhead added coyly.

Athena rolled onto her back, her upper body leaving Trucy’s sight for the moment. It took a second for Trucy to register just what Athena was doing next, and she made a startled noise as the huge thighs at her sides shifted in toward her. She ducked out of reflex, but it proved unnecessary as Athena’s legs rose slightly off the ground during the motion, just enough to avoid touching her. Athena’s hands came into view, bracing beneath her lower back as she raised both of her legs far up beyond Trucy’s position, pointing her toes up toward the ceiling. Trucy gazed upward, still finding herself amazed by how impressive even such a mundane motion looked like this. Athena’s toned legs took on the appearance of great stone pillars, stretching up toward the far-off sky. After holding the pose for a few seconds, Athena brought her legs back down, the yoga mat shifting a bit as their weight settled back down at Trucy’s sides.

“Aaand up we go again...”

Expecting the motion to repeat, Trucy didn’t move, and she was once more caught by surprise. Athena really did close her legs right on her position this time, and just as she’d imagined, the little magician suddenly found herself sandwiched in between them, Athena’s warmth overtaking her whole body as two powerful thighs pancaked Trucy in their muscular hold.

A muffled noise bubbled out past Trucy’s lips as she was carried upward, her feet alone still free of the constricting pressure Athena was putting on her. It didn’t hurt at all, but she wasn’t going to be moving anywhere without help. Athena lifted her clear off the floor, bringing her right along in what had to be the same upward motion to point her toes toward the ceiling. All she could feel was a light motion around her and the growing warmth of Athena’s body pressing in all around her.

 


 

 

Smirking once more, Athena got her legs into position, both pointed skyward, and then moved one hand, pushing her fingers into the closed space between her thighs to pinch at Trucy’s body and drag her forward a little. Moving the tiny figure just enough to bring her face into view, Athena dropped her hand back to the floor and resumed bracing it beneath her lower back. She grinned at the very red-in-the-face magician now watching her from a cozy position between her thighs.

“See, it’s not just you, Truce – I’ve also got all sorts of places I can keep someone as little as you.”

She heard a quiet laugh, the sound making her heart flutter. Even so small, the sound of Trucy’s voice made her present overwhelmingly happy state of mind obvious. Bringing her hand up again, she brushed one fingertip over Trucy’s head. That ponytail really did make her look twice as cute, at minimum.

She brought her legs down to the floor again, keeping them locked together to ensure Trucy didn’t drop, and after another short pause, raised them together again. Following a few more lifts, she curled them right in toward her chest, bringing Trucy to a position right around her navel or so. Once there, she separated her thighs just enough to Trucy to tumble down onto her stomach.

Uncurling her body and relaxing on the floor, she watched Trucy get into a sitting position, having dropped onto her front when she was released.

“OK, I think that was a decent warmup for both of us.” Athena said. “Time for the real thing!”

She could’ve picked out the warm blush on Trucy’s cheeks even with her eyes closed.

 


 

 

Trucy tried not to be too obvious as she subtly moved her hands around, fingertips on both hands pressing down against the solid floor of Athena’s abs beneath her. Concealing the motion would’ve been much easier if she had still been wearing her cape. Of course, she supposed that Athena could obviously feel her touch anyway.

Sitting comfortably on Athena’s stomach, she was watching as Athena settled on her back again. What was she about to do now…?

The answer made itself apparent quite quickly. Just moments ago Athena had settled her arms back, placing her hands behind her head again, and now she was suddenly in motion.

“Whoa…!”

Trucy wobbled before toppling onto her back. Athena’s upper body had lurched upward, and the motion had sent Trucy rolling out of her sitting position and onto her back. Athena settled back again, then performed the motion a second time, getting into a rhythm.

Ab crunches. She did love those. Trucy was suddenly getting a very clear lesson in just how difficult it was to stay fixed in place while Athena’s stomach was rocking so aggressively back and forth beneath her. She could feel the soft fabric of the shorts Athena was wearing under her head and upper back. Maybe it would be better to just rest here and let things play out…? She tried twice to get herself upright again before concluding that staying where she was would be the best move.

(Working out with Athena? Pass. Watching Athena work out? Front-row seat, please!)

Once she got herself comfortable, Trucy was lying on her back with her hands beneath her head, enjoying the way the rocking motion of Athena’s much larger body pushed her legs up and down a bit.

Her girlfriend continued her ab crunches for a fair while; she was probably counting them, but Trucy hadn’t gotten a good enough start to do so for herself. It was a lot. Once Athena seemed to be finished with this stage of her workout, she relaxed on the mat. One of her huge hands made its way to Trucy’s position, and Athena extended a fingertip to poke at the vicinity of her stomach, tickling her a little.

“Still good there?” Athena asked aloud, keeping her head on the mat. She had an incredible degree of stamina, but the sound of her voice still made it clear she’d been working hard. “Gimme just a sec’, and we’ll pick back up.”

 

After a short break, Athena scooped her up again, moving her back to the mat. This time, the huge redhead positioned her body the other way around, lying on her front with her face looming over Trucy’s position.

“Just spot for me, OK?”

Trucy nodded, straightening up to observe as Athena began some push-ups next. She could do an unbelievable number in one go.

It only took a moment for Trucy’s throat to constrict a little at what she could see from her position. Athena’s body was moving rhythmically up and down, of course, but having placed Trucy right in front of her meant that she’d given the magician a clear-as-day view straight into the top she was wearing. Realizing a few seconds late that she was staring, wide-eyed, Trucy tried to pretend she wasn’t seeing anything at all.

Ten, then twenty, then thirty, forty, fifty… Athena wasn’t even slowing down a little. Before long, Trucy was staring again. The numbers began to blur together as her eyes fixated on the way that Athena’s chest was bobbing up and down in her view. She spotted a bead of sweat on Athena’s right breast, slowly shuddering its way down along her skin until it disappeared from view in her top. Her thoughts had by now drifted so far that she didn’t even realize it as her eyes began to glaze over. She thought back to the time she’d been stuffed down Athena’s shirt to keep out of view; of the experience of being wedged cozily between Athena’s breasts, both pressing in on her whole body like two huge, warm mattresses. The feeling had been unbelievably embarrassing for her back then, of course, and she-

She blinked. Athena wasn’t doing push-ups anymore. Trucy’s eyes trailed upward a bit to find Athena’s fixed on her. She had a rather prominent smirk on her face. Athena softly cleared her throat.

“Ms. Wright, if I didn’t know you were such a pure, innocent soul, I would’ve thought you were actually staring at my boobs in a trance.”

There was little Trucy could do besides blush, her face sinking into one of her hands. A giggle escaped her lips.

“Guess I, uh… guess I was.” she admitted.

“Aw, Trucy, you should’ve just spoken up.” Athena replied, still grinning at her. Her face looked rather sweaty now. “How ‘bout we move you to a better seat?”

With that, she pinched Trucy off the floor again. The little magician made no attempt to resist as she was carried through the air. Athena sat up, and her other hand tucked a finger into her top, tugging it away from her chest. Tilting her hand, Athena let Trucy slide right into her exposed cleavage, the magician landing softly in the warm gorge of her breasts.

Trucy could feel the incredible warmth emanating from her girlfriend’s body even more strongly now, and she would’ve been lying if she said it wasn’t more than a little intoxicating.

Ending up nestled right between the twin slopes of Athena’s breasts, she relaxed almost instantly.

“You’ll make a girl blush giving her that much appreciation, Truce.” Athena said from just above her.

Trucy let out a contented sigh. “Well, as soon as you take a break from being the most gorgeous lawyer in the world, maybe I’ll think about easing off a little.”

Her eyes were closed, but she had a pretty confident guess that a bashful expression had just crossed Athena’s face for a second. Even at her current puny size, Trucy took satisfaction in knowing she could at least she could give as well as she could take.

 

The workout resumed, Athena heading over to where she had fixed an adjustable bar into the frame of a door, near the ceiling. Once more Trucy found herself moving up, down, and then up again as Athena got straight into a lengthy series of pull-ups. For a time, she was able to enjoy the cushioned, slightly bouncy hold of her girlfriend’s breasts keeping her comfortable throughout this phase, and eventually Athena dropped from the bar, landing solidly on her feet and providing a single shuddering jiggle to her passenger’s surroundings.

“Holding up?”

Athena’s face was upside-down in Trucy’s view. She grinned up at her. By now, it sounded like her girlfriend was getting a bit tired. The energetic tone in Athena’s voice was tempered by heavy breaths, and the whole space surrounding Trucy had warmed up considerably.

“Cool, break time!” Athena said. One of her hands appeared, her fingers tentatively hovering over Trucy. For just a second, Trucy was disappointed at the idea of being lifted away from the heavenly company of Athena’s boobs, but the hand above didn’t touch her. “Not too warm in there? Or too sweaty?”

She shook her head, nestling herself back more comfortably. Athena laughed.

“Well, okey-dokey!”

 


 

 

Walking straight into her tiny kitchen, Athena grabbed her drink from the counter. She’d prepared her usual workout drink ahead of time; the tallest glass she owned, filled a third of the way with orange juice and the rest of the way to the brim with water. Honestly, she wanted to drain most of it in one go right now, but pacing herself with her cooldown drink was about as important as pacing her actual workout. She took a first sip, swishing the juice around in her mouth before gulping it down. With a happy sigh, she paced across the kitchen to look out the window. Her view wasn’t great, but she could at least see outside in the first place. It was better than some of the cheap apartments she’d checked out in the past, and it alone was enough to put her in a more relaxed mood.

In the dim of the evening, she could see her reflection in the window. Trucy was visible, still resting in her cleavage. Getting an amusing idea, Athena brought her free hand up and sharply jabbed her index finger down on her tiny girlfriend’s midsection. Trucy made a cute little squeak of surprise as she was suddenly pushed partway down into the soft gorge between Athena’s breasts. The sweat she’d worked up made it an easy motion.

“Y’know, Trucy, if I was gonna really pay you back good for what you made me do earlier, I could just shove you all the way down in there ‘til I go to bed, but based on how happy you’ve sounded since we left my room, I get the feeling you’d just like that even more.”

She took another sip while Trucy wriggled her way back out from her position. She could feel the puny magician down her top adjusting herself back to comfort as she returned to the living room. After one more sip from her glass, she set it aside and dropped onto the couch. She giggled when Trucy tumbled out of her top and down to the base of her neck.

“I’m gonna rest for a few minutes, and then it’s right back to it!” she said, getting comfy. Her couch was small, not as cushy as the ones at the office, and would probably need to be replaced in a year or two, but it was reliable enough for whenever she needed a mid-workout break.

 


 

 

Trucy had rolled right over backward when Athena dropped onto the couch, her whole body turning over in the tumbling motion. A little dazed, she got up, waiting a second for her head to stop spinning. She could hear Athena saying something.

Finding her bearings, she turned around. The sight of Athena’s breasts finally left her field of view for the first time in several minutes. In the other direction, she was facing her girlfriend’s neck and chin. A few locks of Athena’s gorgeous red hair were scattered in her view.

Trucy got an idea and stepped forward, careful that she wasn’t applying too much weight at once with her steps. She moved to the side, approaching Athena’s chin. It looked like she could probably pull herself up right about…

“Here we go…!”

Trucy hopped, getting both of her arms securely positioned on the ledge and scrambling up. Athena giggled, making her surroundings shake and almost cause her to fall back.

“What’re you doing, Trucy…?”

Having gotten her full weight up onto Athena’s chin, Trucy shuffled forward. With Athena resting her head on a pillow, her face was a bit of an upward slope. She was sweaty all over as well, which didn’t make climbing and moving around any easier. Still, Trucy made her way forward just enough to reach Athena’s lips. She could tell her girlfriend was trying to fix her gaze downward enough to watch her without lifting her head and making her fall.

With a wide grin on her face, Trucy braced both of her palms against Athena’s plush lower lip and leaned down, pressing a kiss to the upper one. It was a little awkward, given that she was small enough that she could’ve fit into Athena’s mouth entirely if her lips parted, but Trucy went for it anyway, giving her host a few more quick kisses until she was satisfied. Athena mumbled her name, clearly tying to keep her lips shut while doing so.

Moving again, Trucy made her way around and forward, Trucy next took a seat there, sitting right down on the bridge of her girlfriend’s nose.

Athena’s features looked strange from this angle. Their difference in size and Trucy’s position right in the middle of her face caused them to look stretched and warped.

“So…” Trucy said, crossing one leg over the other and looking into one of Athena’s blue eyes.

“… So?” Athena repeated after a pause.

 

A second pause. Trucy wanted to say… something. It was strange; just what she wanted to say was a complete blank in her mind. She’d been so quiet all this time that she needed to put a stop to it and express the bubbling, overwhelming warmth she was feeling inside somehow, but in spite of her many years’ worth of experience adapting to surprises and improvising to work through them, she suddenly found herself without the faintest clue as to which words to use right here and now.

She was loving each and every passing minute of this experience. She had spent evenings with Athena before, spotted for her during workouts, and had quiet, tender conversations with her before. Really, aside from the fact that she’d been shrunk to a pocket-sized version of herself, there wasn’t anything in particular about this evening that was all that new. Why, then, was she drawing a total blank?

 


 

 

Athena blinked, her eyes almost crossed in the effort to keep them fixed on Trucy. Her favourite little magician was perched right on her nose, and she’d been expecting Trucy to finally start talking a lot again, but now she’d gone uncharacteristically silent.

Not laughing at the feeling of Trucy clambering up onto her face had been a real effort. It seemed like Trucy hadn’t even really thought the idea out at all, instead just going through with it on some silly impulse.

Trucy’s little impulses were nice. She was an amazingly sharp-minded person, and she could plan out every last step of an hour-long magic act down to the finest detail, but it was good to know that she didn’t stress herself out by obsessing over applying such a degree of meticulous forethought to absolutely everything. Seeing her keeping her professionalism as a performer and her energetic life beyond the stage healthily divided from one another was reassuring.

She decided not to prod, instead just letting Trucy think over what she wanted to say for as long as she needed. Taking advantage of the silence, Athena’s idle thoughts turned to the Skye Device. It seemed that she owed Ema’s invention a whole lot. Not only had it been a generous part of what first prompted her and Trucy to finally take a step past mere friendship, it was also the whole reason she and Trucy had been able to do… almost everything they’d been doing in the last couple of hours. Admittedly, she still wasn’t happy about her own surprise shrinking nor her long stay in the back of Trucy’s underwear during her show, but she’d already gotten back anything she might’ve felt she was owed and more. Still, if she and Trucy could continue to talk Ema into lending the device to them, this certainly wouldn’t need to be the last evening they spent messing around and playfully changing each other’s size. She imagined falling asleep on this very couch with a comparatively huge Trucy snuggling her into her chest like a teddy bear, boosting Trucy’s size just enough to make her taller than Apollo like she’d done for herself, or any number of other fun, mischievous things she might be able to use the Skye Device to do with the girl she…

The girl she loved.

Athena flinched, causing Trucy to wobble a bit on the bridge of her nose.

“S-sorry!” she said, feeling a little stab of guilt. Trucy had her balance back already, but it wouldn’t have been hard for her to take an uncomfortable fall.

“It’s OK!” Trucy said, if a little hesitantly. For some reason, it sounded like the magician had about as many proverbial butterflies in her stomach as she did. “Um, hey, Athena…?”

“Yeah?”

“Maybe this sounds a little unprofessional, but…”

Only the briefest of pauses followed, but nevertheless something inside Athena’s heart protested, and a second later she found herself blurting something out in perfect sync with Trucy.

“I think I love you!”

Athena felt an almost overpowering urge to check that her pulse hadn’t stopped. She blinked, her eyes otherwise wide and still focused on Trucy right in the centre of her field of view.

“Lah-

She almost choked, realizing how strangled her voice suddenly sounded. Carefully moving a hand, she gently closed her fingers around Trucy and lifted her from her spot. Sitting up, Athena cupped both hands beneath her magician girlfriend’s body.

“You… actually love me?” she asked. Some part of her brain wanted to tell her it was stupid to ask a question like that. Of course Trucy loved her; hadn’t they already been dating for months? Hadn’t Trucy already been showing the way she felt about her the whole time?

Sitting in her cupped palms, Trucy laughed. “Um… yeah, I do! Now that I actually said it, I feel kinda silly for not telling you any sooner, but…”

Athena didn’t wait to hear more. She brought her hands up to just below her chin and smothered Trucy’s entire face in a kiss. When she broke away, Trucy looked rather dazed.

“Where did… wait here.”

Athena set Trucy down on the couch. Her heart was singing and she felt ready to share the feeling with the whole world, but right now, there was one specific thing she needed. She got to her feet, heading right for her room. If she was going to kiss her amazing, brilliant, adorable magician girlfriend, it was only fair that she first grab the Skye Device and get the girl she loved back to her normal size.

Chapter End Notes:

(And there we go! I love these two, but this mini-adventure was surprisingly challenging to write. Please, leave me a comment and let me know what you thought of this story!)