- Text Size +

Author's note:

This story picks up when the main characters are in their early thirties.


Jill Robbins had her boyfriend, Pete, over one night when her parents went out to dinner. One thing led to another, and without the use of protection, she found herself pregnant. 


Her father, Tony, normally a reserved businessman, felt anger and disappointment in Pete, saying that he took advantage of his daughter in her delicate mental state. 


Eventually, his anger faded, especially when Jill decided that she was going to keep the baby. Pete proposed, and they were married, ensuring that the child would have both parents taking care of it. 


And several things happened that made it kind of exciting. First one was when the ultrasound revealed a baby girl growing inside Jill. Tony Robbins was going to be a grandfather to a girl! He secretly wished that for as long as he could remember.


Second, Jill and Pete decided to ask Paul and Linda to be the godparents. Linda was thrilled by the request. Paul normally would have jumped for joy, but something was eating at him, and he didn't feel as happy as Linda.


Third, when deciding on names, Jill really wanted the baby to be named after Paul. So Paula it was. To her, it was her ultimate way of saying thank you to the one person on the face of the Earth that became a true friend, even after what she did to him. He stood by her, even when it caused problems with Linda in the beginning. She always wondered what would have happened if he didn't have Linda, and she didn't have Pete.


Fourth, Jill’s generation was the first to discover that parents who took the original formula, and became pregnant, would give birth to babies of proportional size. The baby would be about 2 times the size of a normal sized baby. It was believed that any child born would need the formula shots to grow, but that was no longer the case. So the world was now going to be introduced to a whole set of scenarios that it didn't prepare for, like regular sized male teachers of First Grade being smaller than all the students, male and female, in the class. 


Alice and George had married, and had a house built that was near his construction business, which had seen exponential growth. He had become very successful, and wealthy, which allowed her to work until she became pregnant.


When Alice found out she was pregnant with twins, she quit her job and became a stay-at-home mom, which she loved. Terry and Tiffany came into the world very healthy, and very active, constantly being unable to lay still. 


Alice made friends with her neighbors, and settled into her life as a mother. Making doctor appointments, going to parent/teacher conferences, and providing George with home cooked meals after a long day at the office gave her a fulfillment that she didn't think possible. 


She had become friends with Jill, and would have her and Linda over on a regular basis. Thanks to Paula being born first, schools were now prepared for when Terry and Tiffany attended, as tweener sized teachers like Linda were in high demand.


Paul and Linda married just after graduating from college. It was a beautiful ceremony. AJ and Todd were co-best men, which left Linda scrambling to find a second maid of honor besides Alice.


Paul had gone to work for Tony Robbins after college. Jill’s father was so impressed by his ability to run a diverse office that he promoted him within the company. 


Tony Robbins had Desmond Jones named as his successor as company president. But after talking with his right hand man, he decided that Paul would be named Vice President, one with the most authority after the President.


This shocked many in the company, but Desmond Jones pushed for it. Paul had an unbelievable ability to get the most out of the workers without being overbearing. The employees really enjoyed working for him, with several of the female alphas trying to hit on him.


But he resisted. Like Desmond Jones, Paul had an uncanny ability to devote equal time to work and family, which the older gentleman appreciated. Jones was a big believer in family, and Paul was basically a normal sized version of the older man.


Linda became a school teacher, working with first graders. Once the generation of children were born that didn't need the formula to grow exceptionally tall, normal sized teachers were phased out, and tweeners were hired in their place. The thought behind that policy was that young children taller than their teachers presented a safety risk to the teachers if they ever lashed out. It made sense.


But there were issues with Paul and Linda. His insistence on visiting Jill had caused her to become jealous. Paul explained until he was blue in the face that Jill was a friend, but that she was the love of his life. 


He didn't know if he finally convinced her, but Linda eventually warmed up to the idea of Jill being a friend, even after the incident in the high school cafeteria, and her putting Paul in the hospital. 


She had gotten help, and seemed to have a pretty good support system between Peter and Paul. She seemed to eventually mellow, and pregnancy seemed to agree with her. 


Linda was overly thrilled when asked to be godmother. No one had ever asked before. It was something that she took seriously, to the point of almost spoiling Paula.


But Paul wasn't as thrilled. He and Linda had tried like hell to start a family, but she just couldn't conceive. Eventually they saw a specialist, who, after tests, determined that the version of the formula that Linda took, was the issue, and the probability of becoming pregnant was pretty low. 


Linda was disappointed, but eventually moved past that diagnosis with the birth of Jill’s daughter. Paul was devastated. He wanted a family with Linda, but now it wasn't going to happen. He loved Linda with all his being, and knew that she would have made the best mother in the world, but she wouldn't have that chance.


It was a few months before Linda’s 32nd birthday that the miracle happened. Linda hadn't been feeling well, and went to the doctor's. A simple test revealed that she was pregnant. She called Paul at work, who upon hearing the news, went into an unoccupied office and cried tears of utter joy.


He couldn't believe it. God had granted him his wish! He was going to be a father. And their news was made even more enjoyable by the news that Alice was pregnant again, so their children would have friends to grow up with.


This was cause for a celebration, so they all met at Alice and George’s house for a barbeque. It was going to be a memorable 6 months until the babies were born. An ultrasound revealed that Linda was carrying twin girls. The news almost made Paul pass out. But it also gave him a mission to convert a spare office in their house into a room for his girls. And they would need it, because the ultrasound also showed twins that were bigger than they should have been. They were going to be Alice’s size. He thanked himself for buying a house that could handle Alphas, because they were going to have two of their own!




Author’s note


This ends the story of Paul and Linda. Of all the stories I have written, I am really proud of this arc. With stories of the formula creating Alphas and Betas, I added the twist of the tweeners, people whose size fell in between the two. I added my own touch, and I believe that I made it uniquely my own. Thank You to everyone who followed along for the love story of Paul Barton and Linda Mills!