- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is from an excellent interactive called Shrunk Near Your Favorite Girl over on writing.com.

https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2141885-Shrunk-Near-Your-Favorite-Girl-X

It has thousands of chapters and one of the best navigation systems for an interactive I've ever seen. I highly recommend reading it. 


The premise is that the reader insert wakes up around a specific giantess(in this case an anime character) and adventure continues

“Why does everything look different? It’s all so big. Wait…”  After a few moments of looking around, you realize why everything is so different. You panic as you realize you’ve shrunken and have no clue where you are. 


After panicking, you look around at your surroundings. “Is that an anime poster? Oh shit that’s a ton of anime posters. I guess I’m in some weeb’s room. This could be less than ideal. They all look half-familiar though, a little off. Don’t know if that just means this weeb is really into rip-off animes. But no, something seems off about these.” 


You quickly hide under the bed as you hear footsteps in the hall getting closer to the door. You carefully watch as a girl enters.  “That’s Serinuma from Kiss Him Not Me. Hell yes! I’m glad it’s after the series started.”


You didn’t want to be mean, but like most of the characters in the series you thought she was prettier after she lost the weight. You wouldn’t say anything like that to her. Well you couldn’t say that you knew her at all. How do you explain to an anime character that she was an anime character? It's not like she came into your world then at least that could somehow make sense, not really but whatever. But a real person going into an anime, especially as a tiny. Well you got isekai’d here so the only way you could say something is that this is the start of an anime and she was your female MC. That might be how you go about this. It seemed close enough to the truth. You’re tiny and she’s huge and very attractive. But it depends on where she is in the series.


“Well she has a good heart. I think I’ll be safe with her. I just wonder if I look like any anime character she likes. Well hopefully likes, otherwise it could be bad if she doesn’t like me. This girl is one hardcore otaku. But you know what, screw it I think if I got isekai’d then I should be able to survive anything. I hope it’s not a Natsuki Subarau isekai, that would make things very frustrating. But I have a feeling I can survive anything. So, I can test that out with her. 


Serinuma walks in and sits down next to her bed, letting out a deep breath.


“Hello!”


She looks around until she sees you. She quickly pulls her legs close to her. “WAAHHHHH! What are you?”


You decided to channel your inner anime protagonist. “For you, I could be whatever you desire. Your wish is my command, my lady.” 


“Waahhh?” She looks at you nervously.


Excitedly, you say, “my name is Y/N, and I think I got isekai’d here. I just woke up tiny and in your room. I saw you and figured I had to be the luckiest guy alive to end up close to such a beautiful lady. And I think we might just be in an anime together.”


“What?!”


“Think about it. A tiny guy wakes up in the room of a beautiful young lady, that kind of sounds like the plot of an anime. Also, I think we might be from different universes, because looking at all of your anime posters, I don’t recognize any of them, well they look a little similar but the anime in my universe is a bit differentl. Also I have more muscles now than before. Did anything new and interesting happen in your life recently that might explain why I’d end up with you?”


“I uh, I don’t know what to do?” She hugs her knees to her chest. “This is crazy.”


You felt bad for overdoing it. Screw the over-the-top anime MC persona, you needed to show her some heart. You walked over to her and much more calmly said, “Hey, I think I was a bit over excited. Can we start over please?”


She nodded at you.


“Hi, my name is Y/N. What’s your name?”


“Se-Serinuma, Kae.”


“That’s a wonderful name. It’s nice to meet you. If it’s okay with you, I’d like to be your friend. From all of the posters you seem pretty cool.”


Serinuma took a deep breath. “I would like to be your friend too. I needed a moment first. This is crazy. I’m still not used to crazy things happening to me. I did lose a lot of weight and because of that I look entirely different. I have been trying to adjust but I’m still just struggling. It’s weird, everyone treats me differently. But I’m still the same otaku I’ve always been. I’m not good at sports, I don’t really have that much endurance and every time I kick a soccer ball it goes in the opposite direction I kick it, so it just hits me in the head. So I don’t have any flirting skills and I’m awkward in romantic situations.”


“Well I can relate to you on that. I was pretty brash, monologuing at you like that. And that was just a cover up for my regular shyness. I’m pretty out of my depth here. You’re gorgeous, I love your purple hair, but you also seem like a very kind girl. And well I don’t really know what to do here.”


After a little bit, Serinuma perks up and says, “I have been thinking about it and this is amazing. You’re a real life anime character. What kind of lead should I be? Would you like a tsundere?”


“I’d prefer you. Let’s just be ourselves with each other.”


“Are you sure? My real self would rather watch guys be together in anime than actually participate in a romance. I tried going out on a date with some friends, but it was too much. It was too scary.”


“Well, I don’t think you should be scared of me. I literally fit in the palm of your hand. We will go exactly at the pace you want us to go. If you want to just be friends, we can just be friends. We don’t have to do anything you don’t want to do. You have complete control over what we do in terms of the level of closeness you want and the pace that it occurs. I know I got over excited at the start and I’m sorry for that. I want to start over and make a better first impression.”



“That sounds nice. I think we should..."



1) Think about how to be boyfriend and girlfriend


2) Just be friends for right now