- Text Size +

 

“Listen carefully.”

 

“I've removed every trace of you and your family. There's nothing for anyone to find. The radio I've given you will only pick up my frequency. Don't tamper with it, don't fuck with me, or I'll make you subatomic! That trip you were going on? As far as SHE is gonna know, you went on it, and she's got the whole house to herself. And that's how it's gonna stay......unless you get her attention.'

 

'Now don't worry, I'm not totally heartless. If you put in a good effort, and are still alive, by Sunday night at 6PM...I'll unshrink ya. You have till then. I suggest you get moving.”

 

Richard stared at the large walkie talkie in his hand with a mixed feeling of confusion, fear, and numbness, attempting to speak but words dying in his throat. His mind was whirling with dizziness and every couple of seconds his vision veered dangerously to completely blackness. He heard every word that the slightly garbled voice spoke, but despite the language being supremely clear the dialogue still made absolutely no sense. None of this did. In fact, he wasn't even fully convinced this wasn't a dream. With his head as swimmy as it was, it sure didn't feel real. He almost began gently tapping the side of his head with the damned walkie in hopes that it would free him from the insanity that he was suddenly thrown in.

 

How had this happened? A mere hour ago (or was it more?) he had been boarding the RV with his kids for a weekend trip. It was the first time he'd gotten all his kids together in years and with his youngest, having just turned eighteen, recently graduating from high school, it seemed like the perfect time for a get together. He had proposed they return to the campgrounds they had frequented on summer vacations long past, when they were all young. Miraculously, they had all agreed and for the first time in years, they'd all be together. Except for Evelyn, of course, but...

 

“Hey!” The Voice barked. “Are you listening to me!?”

 

“Y-Yeah,” Richard replied weakly.

 

Henry, the eldest son at twenty four, grabbed the walkie. “Why are you doing this? HOW did you do this? Who are...?”

 

“This isn't Twenty Questions, buddy!” The Voice shot back. “You're not in a position to be badgering me. Unless you want to see what atoms look like I'd get going. Now!”

 

“Don't make him angry!” Jenny, the recent graduate, cried with fresh terror on her already horrified face. Samantha, or Sammy, the oldest daughter at 28, gently took her shoulders. James, the youngest son at nineteen, simply stood, looking as baffled and scared as his father.

 

“That's more like it!” The Voice crackled through the walkie. “Now, for the last time, GET. MOVING!”

 

Richard looked up from walkie and across the expansive landscape that was his king sized bed, a massive piece of furniture only made even more so at his current puny size. How much had they been shrunken anyway? Each individual thread of fabric woven into the coverlet seemed as wide as their front walkway. Balls of dust floated and danced in the sky like large flakes of snow. And, of course, before them, was the unfathomable, sprawling fleshy mountain that was his wife, Evelyn, who was just as sound asleep as she had been as when he had thought he was going to be leaving. She lay on her right side, dead to the world and, as it happened, naked as the day she was born.

 

“Alright,” Richard said, taking the walkie back. “We're going. We'll go around her and head right to her head so we can...”

 

“Oh no, no, no!” The Voice garbled, interrupting him. “Go to her feet and start climbing. You're going for a little...mountain climbing expedition, we'll call it.”

 

“What?” Richard asked, incredulously. “Why do you want us to do that? That'd be insane dangerous! It'd be much safer and easier if we...”

 

“And THAT'S precisely why you're not doing it,” The Voice interrupted again. “This is supposed to be a challenge, moron! Not a walk through the park! And if you're not satisfied with that answer then that's too goddamn bad! Now go before I decide you and your family aren't worth the time!”

 

Jenny, not wanting to tempt the hand of fate any further, immediately set off, with the rest quietly following. Richard gazed at the immense “mountain” as they approached. It was almost impossible to see the human form as it stretched too far to fit within his now puny perception. Beyond the wall of flesh that was the soles of her feet, were the legs which had always been long but now seemed impossibly so. After that he saw another wide mountain that the ass, sticking out far enough that he could see it around the heel of the closer foot he was approaching. An ass which, just mere hours ago, he had eagerly felt and had even smacked, enjoy the flesh ripple under his hand. The bottom shelf of the ass obscured the rest of the view, only a small tuft of very dark brunette hair peeked around the fleshy mound.

 

She would have to realize they hadn't left. Sure she was asleep at the time but...the RV, their luggage...something would tip her off. The voice on the walkie he had removed every trace? What did that mean? Where those things just gone? Had he shrunk them too? But, certainly she'd expect a call, right? Of course she would! Sure the reception of the campsite was extremely spotty but she'd expect SOMETHING, right? Surely...

 

“EW!” Jenny's disgusted voice cut through his thoughts. Richard looked up to be greeted by the massive wall that were the soles of the feet. The “wall”, marked with many grooves that swirled and weaved in many directions, rose far above their heads. It was hard to say exactly how far, but it seemed like a mile, but that couldn't be right. The flesh was worn and dry, peeling and flaking in some places. This debris had fallen (was still falling) and collected in a scattered piled atop the thick threads of the coverlet. Small rocks of dirt (oh god, that's what those are...those are just specks of dirt but they look like damn rocks...) occasionally freed themselves from whatever fastened them to the sole and fell to the coverlet with a sound that mimicked that of debris rubble falling from a damaged skyscraper. He could see the grim between the toes and under the nails. The smell hit him, a familiar scent of sweat but magnified immensely. “This is so GROSS! She is in SERIOUS need of a pedicure!”

 

“I'll say,” James replied, looking if he was about to gag.

 

“Just keep moving,” Richard said. “We're not in a position to argue.”

 

And so their ascent began. Immediately, the haunting thought that any movement at all would cause this little climb to turn into chaos quickly plagued Richard's mind. He kept his eyes fixed towards the toes, hoping he'd be able to get some sort of signal to allow himself to prepare for any sort of twitch or readjustment. But they sat still. The odor, which was somehow faint and powerful at the same time, slowly began to seep into his stomach. Only minutes into the ascention he was struggling to keep his gorge down. The occasional cough below him informed that he wasn't the only one.

 

There had been some distant hope within Richard that this first segment of their unfortunate journey would end quickly, but it was not so. Barely halfway up his arms were already shaking with strain. He had not been rock climbing in years, and he was more used to hearing his doctor prescribe exercise than he was to actually doing it. After pausing for a moment to see if that would help settle his aching muscles, he reluctantly began to lead his team towards the toes.

 

“Oh god no...” Jenny moaned.

 

“It'll be just for a moment,” Richard panted. “I need to...catch my breath.”

 

They settled on the side of the middle toe. The stench here was even worse, and Richard held his nose as he tried to breath through his mouth. It didn't help much and he began to gag. Jenny, unable to cope, actually vomited a thin line of gruel from her empty stomach. There was gunk between the toes, dirt mixed with sweat and a few pieces of cloth that were mostly from a sweaty sock. The top of the nails, painted with a bright, shining, immaculate white, were a cruel irony to the messy underneaths that lurked below. Eventually, the team continued. Bits of flesh occasionally rained down them. One piece of dirt bounced off the top of Richards head, causing a brief flare of pain to pause him. He thought he felt blood pooling up there and eventually running down the back of his head.

 

Finally, they reached the top of the wall, at the side of the sole. Instinctively the group ran up towards the ankle to distance themselves from the odor of the feet. They collapsed in a heap atop the tall hill (that's her bone in there...Jesus Christ, that's all that is but it's so huge...) that was her ankle.

 

“Thank god...” Henry gasped. “...that THAT'S over.”

 

“Oh, I wouldn't say that,” The Voice chirped through the walkie. The tone of its owner was much lighter now, amused. “You folks still got a looooooong way to go.”

 

Richard glanced up and saw the Voice was indeed correct. The legs stretched far before them, starting as a narrow path and widening towards the great plains of the thighs. The tall curve of the hip obscured the distant upper body, but similar to the hair earlier, the breasts now stuck out far enough that he thought he could make out the tip of the nipples.

 

The group continued. As they began their journey across the leg, a cold wind suddenly began to blow. The current wasn't strong enough to sweep them off their feet, but heavy enough to cause them to shiver. Richard cast his eyes up towards the ceiling (which at this size might as well have been called the heavens” and saw the AC grate high above. Unlike a lot of women, his wife didn't really mind the cold, actually preferred it. She kept the room in the sixties and often slept without a blanket, claiming that it was more comfortable that way and it helped keep sweat off the coverlet. Now Richard found himself wishing she was more like the majority of women, as he was now chilled to the bone.

 

The fields of flesh reacted and writhed against the cold as large lumps of gooseflesh rose up, nearly causing Richard to stumble and forcing the group to walk around them.

 

“We're so small...” James said in an awed voice. They were passing a red lump that stuck out from the flesh. Normally it would have been small, hardly noticeable, but here it was the size of the stump of a large tree.

 

“Yeah,” The Voice crackled. “It takes some...getting used to. It's a surreal experience.”

 

“Getting used to?” Richard asked the walkie. “You've been this way for awhile?”

 

“Sure,” The Voice replied simple, and after a brief hiss of static it added, “Really puts things into perspective, doesn't it? Being this small?”

 

“I'm not sure what you mean...”

 

“It doesn't matter. Just keep going...and mind the gooseflesh!”

 

The firm skin of the lower leg, and the hard surface of the knee, finally gave way to the wide plain that was the thigh. The flesh was softer here, much softer. Even at this size Richard thought he could feel his feet sink deeper into the skin than previously. It made traversing around the gooseflesh more difficult. A further sense of dread began to creep into Richard. Though he was small, he knew this “land”, knew it well in fact. Had lived with it for many years, sharing all manner of intimacy with it (though nothing compared to this level of closeness). The slightest move would be an earthquake like they've never experienced before. It might throw them off. The coverlet might save them, but...how could he be sure? The threat would be even greater up on the ass, which they were slowly approaching.

 

“Urg...” Sammy groaned. “Why does she have to be naked?”

 

Richard felt his face burn. Sleeping in the nude had always been her preference. The habit had stopped when the kids had been young, but as the nest was beginning to empty it had come back. Jenny surely must have known (even if regretfully so), but the rest...they probably didn't. And this was certainly not the best way to find out.

 

“We're making good progress,” Henry spoke up, his voice suggesting he was eager to move the topic. “We're already at her hips.” Indeed they were. Towards the right the vast expanse of the ass. It felt as if they were at the top of a tall slope. Falling here could make them roll all the way down to the coverlet, and Richard didn't want to think of how much the ass would weigh if it were to roll on top of them. “It shouldn't be too much longer now. We'll be at her ear in...”

 

Before he could finish the flesh came alive underneath with a heavy quake, toppling them into each other like bowling pins. Then, the “ground” became slowly uneven, tilting, sending them sliding down the skin. Fortunately, they did not slide down the ass, but instead fell down the front towards the pelvis. Richard's hand frantically grasped for something, but came up empty.

 

“NO!” Jenny's shrill voice suddenly cried. “OH GOD, PLEASE NOT IN THERE!”

 

Richard looked towards where they were sliding and immediately saw what she was screaming about. At normal size, the bush was small and neatly trimmed, the result of a bikini wax, but here it looked more like a small isolated jungle among a sprawling plain of open flesh. The group slid down the smooth flesh directly into the thick brush, quickly becoming ensnared in the unruly hairs. The screams of both Jenny and Sammy were all but deafening.

 

“UGH! OOOG!” Jenny moaned. “THIS IS SO MUCH WORSE THAN HER FEET! GET ME OUT!”

 

Richard squirmed his way out, kicking at the hairs that wrapped around him. Even as he was freed, these hairs snapped and came out with them, still entangled around his legs. He saw the others struggling to get free, some of them desperately trying to hold the “vines” away from their mouths.

 

A harsh garble of static and laughter erupted from the walkie, which was clipped to Richard's pants.

 

“What's the matter?” The Voice asked with devilish amusement. “Can't handle a little bush?”

 

Ignoring the Voice, Richard went to work pulling the others out from their ensnarement. He couldn't imagine how...unpleasant this had to be for them considering their location. The dank, faintly fishy smell of the moist cavern beyond and below the brush reached his nose here and he knew it would be best to get away from this region fast.

 

“What the fuck happened!?” James asked as Richard and Henry pulled his dazed body out from the brush.

 

“Isn't it obvious?” The Voice spoke. “She rolled over on her back. You guys have no idea how lucky you are. If you'd slide the other way, you'd be choking on a few hundred tons of ASS right about now!” The glee was barely concealed.

 

Definitely not wrong there, Richard thought to himself. Personally, he estimated it would be more to the tune of a thousand tons, but the distinction hardly mattered.

 

“Let's keep going,” He said to the others, eager to get them away from this spot. “We were making good progress. Let's not slow down now.”

 

As he turned to keep going, Richard found himself almost completely frozen with awe as he beheld the great plains of the belly. Miles of open, unobstructed, curved flesh that stretched a great length.

 

“Walk lightly, if you can.” Richard said to the others.

 

“Oh right,” Sammy replied in a dazed voice. “She's ticklish on her stomach...isn't she?”

 

“Just be careful...” Richard replied after a moment of pause. The image of massive hands, with Kraken sized fingers each with razor sharp french tipped nails (unlike the pedicure, she had gotten a manicure), bearing down and them and scrapping and clawing at the flesh, filled him with quiet dread.

 

They can across the deep, dark chasm of the navel, carefully walking around it. As they did, a rumble shook the skin beneath their feet. Richard could hear sloshing and other noises come from within, deep below the flesh. The thought made him shiver. This wasn't rock and dirt that was the ground outside, this was ground was alive, actively moving and working diligently. It was as if they had stepped foot on an alien planet, only to discover that the entire thing was a living being. The great plains of the belly was a symphony of sounds and movements that were all devastating familiar to them, each having experienced them personally every day of their lives. Now, the sounds filled them with dread, reminding them of their desperate situation, of their painfully minuscule existence.

 

Richard had been keen on getting away from the brush, but now a much, MUCH larger problem of a similar stripe was before them. The mountainous breasts loomed, a narrow canyon between them for the tiny explores to venture through.

 

“Ooog, oh no,” Jenny moaned, mortified. “Can we PLEASE hurry through this part. PLEASE?”

 

No one replied. Richard began to feel the ground move beneath them, rising and falling. The distant sound of what, at their current size, sounded like wind blowing through a tunnel, came to their ears. The sound was slow and rhythmic, almost peaceful. Equally so was the sensation that gently vibrated beneath them. The beats of the dutiful heart, hidden deep below the surface they walked on, nonetheless audibly lubbed and dubbed, its labor not only clearly heard, but felt.

 

“Holy shit,” James said in a trembling voice. “Do you feel that? I can FEEL her heart beating down there!”

 

They slowly traversed the canyon, its slow rise and fall making the journey more difficult than the rest of the “climb” so far. Despite his discomfort with his present company being here with him, a primal part of Richard still couldn't help but feel excited. He looked around the enormous mountains, a deep warmth radiating from them that enveloped the tiny travelers. They had always been big, even when he wasn't the size of a crumb, but now...there weren't words. The English language suddenly felt woefully unequipped to describe the sheer size of the cleavage he was now traversing. He wanted to stay here, and get to know these “mountains” in a way that was never before possible.

 

They've been bigger, he thought, when she was pregnant they were bigger...imagine if they were that size now.

 

He pushed the thoughts down as much as he could and tried to focus on the situation.

 

Exiting the canyon, they were once again awed, this time at the sight of the looming head above them. It was turned towards the right and still, the eyes closed. Of all the “landmarks” they had encountered so far, this one struck a chord deep within them. This wasn't just a rolling field of flesh, no, this was a face. A recognizable face. One they all had seen almost every day of their lives. Now it lorded over them, oblivious, its features filling their vision and straining their necks. Richard began to feel something that only a newly christened evangelical could relate to. He felt a presence, a life force, something much, MUCH bigger than he. It was as if he was a mere piece of bacteria that had finally been able to see and comprehend the existence of its host. Here, they came to face the presence that owned and controlled the vast landscape they had ventured across. A presence whose attention they needed to somehow get. Only now did Richard begin to realize the scale of their problem. Even if they crawled in the ears...would their voices be heard?

 

“Well!” The Voice crackled through the walkie. “If you guys keep this up you'll be the fastest group to get their target's attention!”

 

“The fastest?” Richard repeated, surprised. “You mean...there's been others? You've done this before!?”

 

“Yeah,” The Voice replied, casually. “And, as I said, you'd be the fastest. You really don't want to know what happened to the team with the shortest time...”

 

“Well, get ready to be impressed,” Henry spoke up, putting on his best attempt at sounding confident. “Because we're about to nail your challenge.”

 

“You still gotta wake her up,” The Voice said. “It ain't over till it's over, buddy.”

 

They climbed up the neck and then Henry boosted everyone up on his shoulder allowing them to climb up to the cheek. Richard and James then hoisted him up and then they made their way towards the ear. Richard felt his heart begin to pick up pace as hope began to seep into him.

 

That was when the eyes opened.

 

Before they could begin to realize what was happening, the flesh beneath them moved as it began to stretch, the mouth opening wide, releasing both a deep, resonate roar and a smell so foul it made the feet seem like roses. The stench of magnified morning breath stunned the younger ones to near uselessness, while Richard spotted a strand of hair resting in front of them.

 

“Get to the hair!” Richard tried to shout, but his words come out in garbled mess of coughing and gagging. He leaped forward and grabbed the hair tightly before turning just in time to see his kids sliding back down as the “ground” beneath them began to tilt. “NO!” He screamed.

 

Jenny and her siblings slide off the cheek back down towards the canyon between the mountainous breasts, which had come alive as the entire “landscape” itself seemed to. They fell between the mountains, narrowly avoiding being caught betwixt them as the collided into each with immense force. They slide down the great plains of the belly, the insides of which seemed to awaken with new vigor, its rumbles and gurgles erupting with great energy. Their fall was only stopped when they again found themselves colliding with the thick brush down below, all their progress erased in mere moments.

 

“NO! NO! NOT AGAIN!” Jenny screeched. “EW! EW! GET ME OUT!”

 

“Calm down!” James cried, his voice anything but calm. “Just get out! Hurry!”

 

Henry was the first to escape. The flesh was not tilted at an angle like a sinking ship, but he was still able to crawl out and hold on. He turned, meaning to look at where his siblings were and get them out, but as he turned his head, the “ground” beneath him went from tilted to fully vertical, sending him flying over the brush. His hands flailed from something and they finally found a long piece of hair from the brush. If he fell now, there would be nothing else to grab.

 

“HELP!” He screamed. Vaguely, he could see further up the flesh. He could just make out the face between the narrow canyon between the boobs.

 

You were just there, he thought, you were almost home free.

 

James, realizing that staying in the brush was now safer than getting out of it, was the first to spot Henry dangling below him, their eyes locking. There were sounds and movement all around him. He could see the thighs moving, raising and falling, but it was all too much for him to process at once. He focused on his brother.

 

“Pull me up!” Henry cried, desperation in his eyes.

 

And James crawled forward to do so, but before he could so much as reach out his hand, the hair holding Henry broke, sending the poor man down in a death plummet.

 

“HENRY!” James screamed.

 

Henry watched as the brush drew away from, like a camera zooming out. As he fell the cavern below began to fill his vision. Not wanting that to be his final vision, he shut his eyes and tried his best to come to grips with the fact that his death was racing towards him.

 

But then, he felt himself land face first into something. Something incredibly soft that enveloped him as he landed atop it. When he opened his eyes, all he saw was darkness, and, deliriously, thought he was truly dead and had landed on the clouds outside the gates of heaven. Then, water splashed atop him, like someone dropping dropping a large water balloon on him, soaking him. The water was warm and...smelled funny. He raised his head, light pouring into his eyes. When they adjusted, he turned his head and what he saw froze him. Mere moments ago, the brush withdrew from him. Now, it was rapidly back towards him, his screaming siblings in tow. Dazedly, he looked around and that he was on a massive black cloth. The confusion only lasted a moment later when he realized that those were massive tentacles, but rather fingers, pulling the cloth upward.

 

Henry stared with vacant at approaching cavern, from which he himself had been spawned, and screamed.

 

Far above, Richard clung to the hair, staring at a massive, moving tired looking orb, lined with red blood vessels. Reflected in the dark center, he saw the wardrobe that he owned (or at least had once owned, before all this madness) and saw the familiar purple bath robe extracted from the dark interior. The robe had been a gift during a birthday party that had happened centuries ago. A feeling of helplessness was slowly eating away at his very soul.

 

And through it all, the Voice on the walkie laughed.

 

“So much for your speed run!” It cackled with evil glee. “Oh, by the way, you all need to be together when you get her attention for you to be unshrunk. Either you all win or none of you do. Heh, did I forget to mention that, sorry about that, pal! But, hey, word of advice:'

 

'You might want to get them out of her britches and fast!”