- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hello all, this is the introduction chapter to a new story I'm writing. As implied by the title, this story is a spin on survival competition shows, and will feature a variety of tinies and situations. The point of view will change as we focus on the various contestants throughout the chapters, and this change will be indicated by a series of lines along with some information about who we're following now. There will be some narration, as each contestant has a camera that they talk to, but expect a lot of fun action in this game of suburban survival.

 

Welcome one and all, to the series premiere of Shrunken Suburban Survivor, where we take eight highly trained survival experts and drop them off in the most extreme and unpredictable environment in a challenge that's never been done before. They're going to attempt to survive at one millimeter tall, in the home of an unaware woman.

 

You heard that right, as we speak our contestants, who have been reduced to less than insects, are now being transported to various random locations in the home of the beautiful Julia Parker. This single mother has been living by herself ever since her daughter Ashley moved to college downtown. Although she stands at five feet six inches tall to you and me, she will completely tower over our shrunken contestants at nearly two miles tall.

 

While the primary goal of our contestants is to simply survive, they're going to have no choice but to get up close and personal with the colossal beauty if they want a shot at the grand cash prize. For you see ladies and gentlemen, although $100,000 will be rewarded to the last survivalist standing, an even bigger prize of $500,000 will be given to anyone who can catch Julia's attention and get her to call our number, declaring you as the automatic winner. But beware! The mind and habits of this mountainous woman are largely unknown, and there's no telling what might happen as she goes about her daily routine that could flip the game in an instant.

 

With all that out of the way, it's now the to introduce our survivalists! Along with being granted a little extra strength, speed, and durability from the shrinking, each of these mite-sized contestants has been allowed 10 items of their choice. Along with that, they've also been provided with camera equipment so they can document their experience trying to survive the motherly titan.

 

Up first we have Carl Flynn! While this 19 year old liberal arts student from Burbank California may not have as much survival experience as our other contestants, he claims to have to wit and determination to take home the prize. Carl will be dropped off on Julia's bathroom sink.

 

Next up is 25 year old Diego Hernandez from Portland Oregon! Although he works as a marketting consultant, primitive camping is one of Diego's favorite pastimes. He says he has the experience to survive through anything, even in these unusual circumstances. These claims will be put to the test as Diego will be getting dropped off in the hallway closet.

 

33 year old Katya Howard has been an investigative journalist in New York City for over a decade now. According to her, her key to victory will be her ability to lay low and stay hidden. We'll see about that, as she tries to survive something even bigger than the Big Apple on Julia's couch.

 

Rounding up the first half of our contestants is our oldest competitor, 49 year old Steve McNair from Boston Massachusetts. Steve has spent much of his life sitting at a desk as a software engineer, and he says he's ready for one final adventure before settling down and retiring. We'll see just how much adventure he can have, as he's getting dropped off on Julia's bed.

 

All the way from Juno Alaska, we have Miranda Thompson! Although this 36 year old doesn't have much survival knowledge, she's been working as a house cleaner for many years now. She claims that she'll win through the experience she's had working in homes and dealing with women like Julia. Only time will tell if these claims are true for Ms. Thompson, getting dropped off on the kitchen floor.

 

Up next we have the death defying stuntman, John Watson! This 27 year old from Tallahassee Florida has spent his life working on movie sets as a stunt double for action scenes, and is now ready to claim true fame performing things that no man has done before. We'll be sure to keep an eye on Mr. Watson, getting dropped off on top of Julia's fridge.

 

Dropping off in Julia's bathtub, we have 21 year old Will Bradbury from El Paso Texas! This agriculture student claims that after spending his life working in the fields of his family's ranch, surviving in an air-conditioned home should be a breeze. We'll see about that Will.

 

Last but not least, we have Reida Peterson from Portland Oregon! This 29 year old has been working as a freelance artist for many years, and hopes to take home the big cash prize and use the money to build the art studio of her dreams. We wish Reida the best of luck as she gets dropped off on Julia's coffee table.

 

Eight contestants. One cash prize. The only thing standing between the them is a suburban mother of unfathomable size. Who will come out on top and who will remain as a bug beneath Julia's feet? Without further ado, let the survival challenge begin!

 

Chapter End Notes:

 

I know this chapter was just introduction, but please leave a review with your predictions/hopes for this story. I have some paths already laid out, but a lot is still up in the air, so if you have a suggestion for what you want to see, let me know and it might become a reality!