- Text Size +

Klaatu and his robot, Gort, had come on a mission of peace, understanding , and compassion. He was given the task by his planet’s council to show the people of Earth that playing around with dangerous nuclear weapons would lead to only one ending, complete annihilation of the population.


And so, Klaatu and Gort arrived in the ship, expecting to be welcomed by curious scientists and open minded world leaders. Instead, they were met by earth’s military forces, afraid of the newly arrived strangers.


Despite Klaatu’s assurances that they came in peace, the military did what the military always did. They attacked the peaceful visitors. 


But once the attack started, Gort sprung into action, and in no time at all, the soldiers were disarmed, their weapons being disintegrated in front of their eyes. Gort also had his laser weapon armed and aimed at the soldiers.


Once the shock of what happened wore off, the soldiers scattered, afraid of the aliens. The military jets then showed up, only to be knocked out of the sky by Gort’s laser. All the pilots were able to eject safely before their planes crashed. 


Klaatu was disappointed. The military attacks upset him. He asked to meet with the leaders of the world. And so, the leaders of every nation on Earth gathered together. Klaatu spoke of his mission. He urged the leaders to get rid of their nuclear weapons. Life was too precious to be destroyed.


The leaders pushed back against Klaatu’s plea. They 


wouldn’t give up their weapons for fear that their enemies would attack. This started the arguments among the leaders. It went on and on, causing Klaatu to become frustrated. He looked around and saw the men arguing like children. Men. All men. Not a female in sight. 


Eventually Klaatu was able to get their attention. He urged them again to get rid of their weapons, but added that if they didn’t, he would take steps to ensure that the innocent civilian population of the Earth would be protected. 


This set the leaders off even more. How dare this visitor threaten them. They all agreed. Klaatu and his robot had 48 hours to leave their planet. The implications of what would happen if he didn’t leave were clear. 


So Klaatu made his way back to his ship. He had Gort go to the back of the craft and access the storage area. He gave him a list of things to bring up to the control room. Gort did as ordered. He brought the things to the room. 


About an hour later, Klaatu opened the door to his  spaceship. He saw that there was an even larger military presence around them. He raised his hand and announced that he and Gort would be leaving immediately. He said that he had only come in peace, but that his message was rejected by stubborn men. 


And with that, the ship departed. As it sped up through the atmosphere, the ship released an object that went unnoticed. It was a balloon, but not an ordinary one. It kept getting bigger and bigger, until it was so large that its very fabric was stretched beyond its limits. 


Then it burst, and a grey haze was released. But it was an unusual haze. It seemed to not only grow thicker the closer it got to the ground, but actually seemed to seek out every human being on the face of the earth. It did not dissipate until every person came into contact with it. Then it was gone. And the population didn’t remember anything about the haze, their memory of it gone, like it never existed.


It was when the first children conceived after Klaatu’s departure were born that doctors noticed something strange. Newborn girls were longer and heavier than newborn boys. And it wasn’t isolated. All around the world, this happened. And as the children grew, the girls were reaching the average height of adult women by the age of 7, and the average height of adult men by the age of 9. 


Boys were significantly smaller than the girls. Doctors and scientists studied the children, conducted tests and debated. They only thing that they were sure of was that if the boys didn’t have a significant growth spurt, they would be lucky to reach the average height of grown women, which was 5’3”. The girls’ growth rates were off the charts. The scientists projected that girls would have an average height when they finished growing of 10ft to 11ft.


Doctors couldn’t explain it. Year after year, it was the same story. Girls grew so much that after 20 years, they reached the height of 6’ by the time they were six years old. Soon, the older generation of men were being physically outclassed by girls not yet teenagers.


And the boys eventually averaged 5’6” in height, but none ever grew taller than 5’10”. And society adapted to the changes. Men were phased out of jobs that were physical in nature. A 12 year old girl was 4 times stronger than a grown 6’ man. And so, all warehouse jobs were filled by women. All construction jobs were filled by women. Anything that required constant lifting of weights 25lbs or more, it was a woman’s job. 


And that was only the start. As girls were so much larger than men, society changed, and rapidly. The new women dominated their relationships with men. Men quickly learned never to be disrespectful to a woman. Men learned even faster that they were to never question a woman’s decision. Women were the only ones that controlled their house. If a man stepped out of line, he would be extremely lucky not to spend any time in the hospital. 


And as women’s power over men and the household grew, they took over all aspects of society, from business to politics. Men were allowed to work at first, but that quickly changed. Women in a neighborhood would pay a 7 year girl to babysit their husbands while they worked. And the men had to listen to the girl in charge, without question. She could punish the men if they acted up. 


And once the women took over as leaders of the world, they got rid of all weapons. All wars stopped. And peace came over the world. 


And from his home planet, Klaatu smiled. His plan worked. He knew men were too stubborn to change, and would continue to wage senseless wars against one another. Women were his only hope to save the human race. With men no longer in charge and a threat, he could rest assured that he did the right thing.