- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Enjoy and please support me on Patreon!

The council of 10 where like kings that ruled over the whole entire city if Endsby. Peter was of course the one we all followed but not even he could make any huge decisions without the councils approval. 


I stood before this body of 10 for the first time of my life, and the honest truth of the matter was that I had never been so terrified. 


Peter sat at the very head of the table, he sat looking at me with the rest of the 10 elder's as I told them the whole story. I told them about my travels through the forest of the tall grass, I told them about the two giantesses that evaded the forest, I made them aware of the death of Miles, and how I thought maybe the city had been compromised. 


"Compromised ridiculous!" 


I turn and face the elder that sat at the very corner of the table. His name was Tenzin Taylor and out of all the council members, heck out of every last citizen of the whole city, he was the one person that spoke the most about the purity of the city. He was a religious fanatic that believed that the city was not created by the hands of man but by the hands of the divine. I really hated that type. 


"The city has stood for this long because of our faith in the divine. These walls will never fall, the women menace will never appear before us because we are the chosen." 


"Counselor Tenzin please hold back your religious sermons." Peter said slamming his hands against the table. "Miles had a brother, he will have to be notified, and Miles for his Service to this city will receive the Emerald Dawn." 


No one spoke words disapproval to Peters words. The Emerald dawn was the highest and most honorable Medal that any man belonging to the city of green could receive. Miles deserved that reward, he deserved to be honored, it was just to bad that all the honor in the world couldn't bring back the dead. 


"Um sir I have something else to say."


"Go ahead." Peter said with a welcoming gesture. 


"Um so what I have to is going to sound ridiculous and foolish and even a little crazy, but all I ask is that all of you just hear me out." 


Sweat fell from my forehead as I explained the story to the elders. I told them about my childhood friend Penelope, I told them about how she was transformed into a giantess, and more importantly how I had led 600 foot giantess to the city, and that was when all hell broke loose. 


"Traitor!" 


"Kill him!" 


"He lead a giantess to our city!" 


"The worst punishment wouldn't be enough!" 


Peter rode his hand high in the air and upon seeing it the whole room went quite, but that still didn't stop everyone from looking at me threateningly. I bet everyone was picturing strangling me with their bare hands.


"Braden. I hope you have a good reason for this." 


"Sir, the Decisions that I made, I made solely based on emotion and emotion alone. Penelope could have killed me, she could have crushed me easily if she wanted but she didn't." I said knowing that I was sounded crazier the more I talked. "Look I have to believe that their is still some good in her okay?" 


"No it's not ok..." Peter said standing from his chair. "You a Emerald Knight have endangered this city all because of something like emotions." Peters voice was calm and yet stern.  "You have brought shame to this city and you have dishonored all those who have lost their lives." 


I shake my head in disagreement. "No... no I would never..." I could finish my sentience as fear began to wash over me. "Then why, why did she spare my life?" 


"Ha this fool truly is an idiot." 


My gaze turns to another one of the elders that sat at the table. "Don't you see boy, you where hung used? What ever sob story she used on you, it was only so that she could inquire the location of our city." 


I gazed down at the floor in disbelief "No." 


"Whatever she said to you make no mistake that she is the same monster that has killed thousands of our kind." 


"No." 


"And because of you the city will now be destroyed!" 


"No! That not true." I yelled out like a crazy person as both of my arms where held firmly from behind. 


I turn my head and look behind to see two Emerald knights holding my arms, both looking at me threateningly. 


"I'm afraid Braden..." 


I turn and look at Peter. 


"I'm afraid it is true, you where played!" His voce echoed  all throughout the room. "And for that you will be judged."


No more words where spoken as I was dragged out of the room and into the streets of Endsby. I did my best to ignore the stares and whispers of my fellow brothers. I kept thinking to myself that they just didn't understand, they didn't know what happened inside that court room. 


"Oh who am I kidding even if they did know they wouldn't hate me less." I whispered to myself. 


From deep within my pocket I could feel the device I had to communicate with Penelope. I could call for help, but I just wasn't sure that was the right thing to do. She was a giant after all, and the city would do everything in its power to fight her off. 


It took only a few minutes for us to arrive at the very place I knew where I was going. What stood before me was a massive tower of stone which was covered in green veins.


"The veined Prison." I said. 


"Yea where traitors like you are sent before their death." One of the solders said. 


They dragged me through the ice cold halls that where covered in dirt and smelled of grass. On each side where jail bars that held criminal after criminal, soon we arrived to an empty jail ceil. 


"I hope you like your new home for the next few hours!" One solder said as they opened the ceil door and threw me in as if I where nothing but a dirty rag.


"Shit!" I yelled as I fell to the ground. 


My head felt blurry, my limbs were loose and weak and in the end as I sat in that ceil I had lost track of time and soon the whole day past me by.


The whole room became dark as night fell over the city. I couldn't help but think about Penelope. Was she still waiting in the forest. I knew that deep down I should've called her, but for some reason I just couldn't do it. 


Lost in the despair that my life would soon be coming to an end I felt the small and sudden vibrations echoing from the ground, vibrations that grew stronger and soon turned into loud booming quakes. I stand up to my full height as I realized that these sudden earthquakes could only be the result of one thing. 


"A giantess is coming. I said trying to peek out of the barred window that rested high up in the ceil. "I please don't let it be Penelope."

Chapter End Notes:

Support is always welcomed! 


https://www.patreon.com/DarkMatter1234