- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The story is ahead on my patreon please check it out. Thanks. 

I watched from down below as two giants stood over us. Our fellow comrade Miles was captured from up above and the honest truth was that we where lost on what to do.


Miles had used his fail safe, a small red powder contained within a red piece of package paper, a powder that would explode as soon as it touched the air.


We all had one, we the members of the emerald knights all possessed one of these explosives, to use only when necessary. The city of Endsby needed to be protected, even if that meant that we it's defenders has to die. 


Miles had used his on the Giantess named Saber, hoping that the giant bitch would die or at least be injured and yet the brown haired colossus stood stall, the only change noticeable change was the black smoke that flowed from her mouth as if she could breath fire. 


In that moment me, Conrad, and miles held the same look of horror as we tried to understand what we had just witnessed. 


Conrad hits the ground with his fist. "God dammit can't anything kill these creatures?"


I look at Conrad and I could see the frustration in his eyes and it shocked me that I didn't feel the same feeling from within my body. My eyes fall on Penelope, she who I had known ever since I was child was finally standing in front of me and it was then that I was finally beginning to understand. 


I look at Penelope with sadness. "In the end will I have to fight you too?" These words echoed through my mind.


The ground began to shake as giant giggling turned into deafening laughter. Saber while still holding Miles was laughing hysterically, her mouth still smoking ever so slightly. 


"Well that sure as hell was Spicy." Saber said in between her laughter as her eyes fell on Miles. "It's a good thing that I love spicy food." 


I could see Saber bringing Mikes closer to her face. "Tell me little man, do you have more of those little explosives?" 


Miles began to cough uncontrollably as the giants Smokey breath washed over him. 


"Oh how rude of me?" Saber covered her mouth with her free hand and distances her mouth away from Miles. "Does my breath stink that bad little guy?" 


Miles said nothing as he tried to regain control over his lungs. 


"Well it's your fault I'm afraid... your the one who fed me that Explosive Delicious hot pepper." 


It was hard but could see a smile appear on Sabers face. 


"Tell me little man will you give me and my friend the Information we seek now..." 


Miles finally stops coughing and looks at his captor. "W-what?" 


"I mean we have already established you can't hurt us big bad mean giants, now can you? At this point you can't even hurt yourself anymore." 


Both Conrad and I shook with fear as we both understood that the giant was right. 


Saber looks down at Miles with an innocent expression. "Just face it... you have run out of options. So I will ask again, will you give us the information we want?" 


The whole forest went silent as no one said a single word. It was so quite in fact that I could swear I could hear Miles up above , breathing hard. 


"Noooo...." 


Saber brings Miles closer to her ear. "What was that little man..." 


"No! I won't tell you! I wont give up my comrades you beast!" 


"Crunch!"


Screams filled the air, screams that turned my blood cold as I listened to them. 


"What the hell happened?" Conrad whispered as he inched forward trying to get a closer look. 


I squinted my eyes trying to get a closer look. "I don't kno...." 


I cover my mouth as I tried to hold back a gasp, for what I saw made my stomach turn. 


Miles screamed in immense pain and agony as he looked down at his now missing right leg. An endless stream of blood fell from the wound decorating the ground below with the color crimson.


From down below we could hear the crunching and breaking of bones as the giant Saber feasted on Miles leg with a smile on her face. Blood dripped from chin as she looked at Miles and with a loud gulp we all knew that we would never see Miles leg again. 


"I'm sorry little one, but I warned you of this outcome." Saber wiped her lips with her finger. 


Miles looked like he wanted to say something but the pain was to much for him to bare. 


Saber takes a long lick of Miles severed leg, savoring the taste with great care. "Will you tell us now little one or are you going to force me to make this even more bloody."  


Miles looked like he wasn't going to survive for much longer, he was losing blood rapidly, so we all knew he was reaching his end. 


"N-no..." Miles said fighting through his pain. 


Saber closes her eyes and shakes her head in a childish disappointment. "So you choose to make this difficult... so be it." Saber shows a devilish smile as if she was over joyed upon this outcome. 


I fill a tug on my right shoulder and I look to see Conrad inching away from the carnage.


"Braden it's time to go." 


"What..." I whispered in shock and in a little discus. "We can't just leave Miles." 


Conrad's eyes turn serious as they fall on me. "Are you a fool, he's already dead, we have to return to the city now." 


I shake my head as I just couldn't agree with Conrad's way of thinking. "No he's not dead, not yet, we have to help." 


"How Braden, how are we suppose to save him, please give me some ideas." 


I don't say a word as I try to think about a solution. It was then that my eyes fall on Penelope. I know, I know, it's crazy, but the more I look at her, the more my mind refuses to see a monster. It was then that an idea finally struck my mind. 


Saying no words I quickly stand up from my hiding spot from deep within the tall grass. I sprint towards the opening fields and I faintly hear Conrad calling my name. Soon I was far enough where turning back was no longer an option. 


"Hey Stop!" I yell at the top of my lungs. 


The two giants turn and all eyes where on me. 


"Uh hi..."

Chapter End Notes:

Author notes: Please support my work on Patreon for early access to new chapters. https://www.patreon.com/DarkMatter1234