- Text Size +

     A few weeks later, Danielle had texted Jezebel about wanting to go hunting again, so Jezebel met up at Danielle’s house so they could leave together. “I gotta use the bathroom before we go,” her friend had said after bursting through the door, rushing through Danielle’s house to go and use the toilet. But when she came back out a few minutes later, she found Danielle standing squarely in the hallway, before suddenly waving her hands in Jezebel’s direction. Her friend gasped as she quickly shrunk down to only a few inches in height, falling backwards in surprise at the sudden betrayal.

     Danielle sighed, a look of genuine sorrow on her face, her leather boots clacking slowly on the wooden floor as she walked towards her shrunken friend. “I’m sorry it had to come to this Jez, but I made the realization a few days ago that we’re just too dangerous for each other. We both love shrinking people too much, so if I hadn’t done this…” she trailed off, squatting down before her friend and picking her up. “Well, it would’ve only been a matter of time until you did it to me. I’m a liability to you and you’re a liability to me. Now just comes the question of what to do with you.” She turned around and carried Jezebel into the kitchen, setting her on the counter and setting an upturned glass around her to make sure she couldn’t escape. Then she grabbed her own cup and filled it with water, taking a drink as she thought about her plan. “Obviously I love squishing people, but you’ve been my friend for so many years that I feel like the least I can do is get rid of you in a more humane way,” she mused, gazing out into her backyard while she thought about what to do. But then she noticed that the blinds on her window were slowly getting taller, and she took a step back to see her entire house was expanding. She whipped around and saw that Jezebel had her hands up and a strained look on her face, desperately trying to shrink Danielle despite her reduced size. But their size difference was just too big, and Jezebel’s magic couldn’t work fast enough on a being that was thousands of times larger than her now. Realizing her friend was trying for a desperate attempt to gain the advantage, she quickly lashed out at the glass, sending it flying across the house and bringing Jezebel’s last-ditch effort to an abrupt halt. 

     “Fucking bitch!” Danielle yelled, stomping over to the shards of glass that surrounded a bruised and beaten little Jezebel. Danielle had shrunk by about a foot before she’d been able to stop the other witch, so her stomps were clumsy and uneven in her oversized boots. She snatched up her tiny ex-friend and glared at her with a ferocious scowl which would’ve made any normal sized person anxious, let alone a shrunken person in the hands of someone with magic powers. “I guess I’ve changed my mind about going easy on you,” she muttered, and dug her fingernail against Jezebel’s arm. The little woman screamed out in pain, before her arm was suddenly torn off by the giant’s sharp nail. Danielle flipped the woman onto her stomach, and then did the same thing with her other arm, shearing it right off from her shoulder. “There, now I won’t have to worry about you trying to pull any magic shit on me again,” she smirked, turning Jezebel back around. “Actually, you know what this kind of reminds me of?” She picked Jezebel up and carried her out to her backyard while the maimed tiny cried and screamed in her palm. Slipping off her boots, Danielle dropped Jezebel inside one of them, and then disappeared from the tiny’s sight for a few moments, leaving her squandering on the sweaty, hot insole of the leather shoe.

     Suddenly Danielle’s face appeared at the entrance to the boot again, a malicious grin on her face. “I was kinda thinking,” she said, giggling as Jezebel tried to stand up. But it was hard to naturally get off the ground without any arms, and she frequently fell over, flopping about. “Without you having any arms anymore, you kinda remind me of a worm. Which is like, exactly what you used to call people when you put them in your shoes, right? Cuz they were always squirming around and stuff.” Jezebel gasped as she saw Danielle’s hand appear, clutching a fat, 6-inch nightcrawler in her fingers, dropping it into the boot. Suddenly fearful of the wriggling, faceless bug, she tried getting away, as the real, actual worm began inching over her and probing her little body curiously, but without her arms she wasn’t able to crawl very effectively. “God, you look so fucking pathetic right now. Like you’re really living up to the nickname considering how you look trying to move about. But even an actual worm is bigger than you, stupid bitch.” The dimly lit cavern of the boot quickly darkened as Danielle inserted her bare, sweaty, dirt-encrusted sole inside, trapping Jezebel and the worm together beneath the arch of her foot. As Jezebel cried out for mercy, she felt the rancid sole above her suddenly grow bigger as Danielle restored her height, now safe from anyone trying to sabotage her. 

     “Oh, and by the way Jez,” the booming, authoritarian voice declared from high above outside the musty, leathery hell, as Danielle lifted her foot just enough for her to shake the boot about until Jezebel (and the worm) were positioned under the ball of her foot. “I also cast a little bit of durability onto your body as well,” she explained, and stepped back down, squishing the entirety of her old friend’s naked little body against the sweat-stained sole of the boot, while the worm next to her got squashed flat, its guts spreading out beneath the giant girl’s incomparable weight. “So no amount of squashing on my end will ever be able to kill you.” Jezebel screamed out as thousands of tons of weight bored down on her tiny head, but her body was unwilling to succumb to the pressure. Above her, the girl she once considered her best friend laughed out loud over how cruel she could be when she really wanted to, and as millions of pounds of weight begged to crush her body while a mix of worm guts, leather residue, and foot sweat seeped into Jezebel’s throat, Danielle squatted down so she could get nice and close to the boot and whisper a final set of words to the shrunken victim: “I win.”