- Text Size +

Stacey was once again dancing to the infectious rhythm, but her mind was somewhere else. The loud kick of the beat was her booming footsteps, the fast thumping bass was the heartbeat of her prey. When both ceased for the bridge or interlude for each track, she was grinding her victim into the floor. The thought of sheer power she held made her tremble.

It should have been enough to know that she was the most powerful person in the building. That she could end the life of anyone around her with the stamp of her foot. That she could pick anyone on a whim and take everything from them. She reveled in the fact that this made her a literal goddess, but it was not enough to just know this. She had to feel it physically.

Stacey looked around at the people around her. She could shrink him, or him, or her. There were plenty of potential sacrifices to Goddess Stacey all around her, all completely oblivious to their conceivable mortality. But Stacey was not a cold-blooded killer. Both kills tonight had been out of sheer necessity. But a goddess is unburdened by such worries, Stacey thought as she took a sip of her second, or was it third drink. A goddess takes lives like a girl picks flowers.

Regardless of who would experience her divine intervention next, Stacey wanted to feel everything. Her shoes proved to be excellent tools for dealing with shrunken people but they dulled her sense of touch. She walked to the back wall of the club where she had trapped the tiny girl minutes ago and slipped her Converses off. As she slid the shoes into the dark corner, she impressed herself at how well she color coordinated her shoe color to her glossy perfectly painted purple toenails.

She was less than impressed, however, by the smell that wafted up from her pale bare feet. She had worked up a sweat on the dance floor and she had caught a hint of that corn chip smell that usually accompanied her sneakers without socks. Oh well, Stacey thought, goddesses get stinky feet too. She normally felt self conscious about such a thing but she couldn't care less about the opinions of insignificant bugs.

Stacey padded her way barefoot back to the dance floor. If she could feel the bass pulsing through her sneakers before, she felt it ten times more now. Her excitement amplified her sense of touch and she instantly got goosebumps from head to toe. The DJs were pumping out banger after banger, churning the dance floor into a sea of chaos. Taking out her device, Goddess Stacey was going to add a little chaos of her own.

She started with a shady guy who was obviously dealing drugs. She waited for him to conclude his business with his latest client and then zap! Not even giving him a chance to run, she pinned him down and shuddered at the feeling of him squirming under her bare sole. He almost slipped away a few times, but each time, Stacey increased the pressure. She held him there until she couldn't take it anymore and shifted her weight as the tiny drug dealer popped like a grape.

As she twisted her foot back and forth to liquidate any evidence, someone approached Stacey and was standing right in front of her. Another witness to take care of, no doubt. Stacey looked up at a confused boy holding out a $100 bill. This was obviously the dealer's "spot" in the club. The boy was already on something but wanted to enhance his experience. Stacey was about to give him an experience he would never forget.

Shrugging, Stacey took the money from the boy and pocketed it. Then she reached into her purse and took out her handy device and shrunk the delirious boy down to bug size. She looked down expecting him to be absolutely freaking out about his new perspective on life, but to her surprise, he was smiling. He was looking up at the giants in awe and spinning around on the floor. Whatever he had taken before was some pretty potent stuff.

The tiny boy started dancing as if he were still big and seemed to be unfazed by the giant stomping deadly shoes around him. Stacey danced almost directly over him, enjoying the music but also keeping a watchful eye on the strung-out boy. She had to wrangle him a few times with the side of her foot to ensure that he stayed within stomping distance and didn't wander off. She wanted to at least give him his money's worth.

After a while there came a lull in the song, he looked up at her, smiled, and waved. Stacey gave him a warm smile and waggled her fingers down at him and said "Bye-bye." She pivoted her foot with her heel on the ground and the ball over him. Of course, he did not run. Stacey snapped her foot down, squashing the tiny druggy quickly and painlessly.

At this point, the floor started to get a bit slippery. Stacey went to go fetch some napkins from the bar for her feet. On we way back, she was blinded by a flash. Two duck-faced blondes had taken a selfie and had turned their flash on. Stacey responded to this rude lack of self-awareness by flashing them back and they were soon tiny and screaming, their duck-pursed lips now replaced with mouths agape at their new predicament.

Stacey toyed with the girls. Whenever one would almost get away, she'd stomp her foot down right in their path and they'd run the other way. They ran completely unaware of one another and to Stacey it was kind of like juggling. After a while, the tiny ditz's ran into one another and laid sprawled out on the floor for a few seconds. Stacey couldn't help but laugh at their comical clumsiness in their tiny high-heeled shoes. They then huddled and cowered as she raised her blood-stained barefoot over them and lowered it slowly.

She didn't think she'd be able to squish two people at once but having a size eleven foot has its advantages. Two pairs of hands fighting her fatal sole gave Stacey chills up and down her spine. It was better than any massage she could imagine. She pressed down further as she could feel the girls' screaming faces vibrating her soft flesh. She wanted to hold onto this feeling forever but it began to tickle and she stepped down, splattering the two obnoxious girls. Some of their remains squirted onto the shoes of nearby dancers but no one noticed.

Stacey continued to clean up the club. She chased a belligerent frat boy into the boot-fall of the girl he was harassing. She watched a tall girl in platform heels shove a smaller girl to take her spot. She was promptly shoved with a massive toe to get a taste of her own medicine and then crushed to a pulp. One guy got squashed just for wearing Crocs with socks. Stacey was unstoppable. If someone did something she didn't approve of, she dealt with them brutally. Her divine wrath was unmatched.

Stacey scanned the crowd for her next victim to smite when she felt a horrible crushing pain in her foot. She yelped and looked directly at the source of her agony: a boy had accidentally stepped on her toes while he was dancing. When he saw the err of his ways, he began to apologize profusely, but saw from Stacey's rapidly reddening face that there was no soothing the fiery redhead.

Stacey resisted the urge to scream and call the boy a dumb shit. She had taken her shoes off to feel bones crack, just not her own. It had been an accident, but she was in a blind rage not only from her still throbbing toes but also because of this little twerp's hubris. This little accident almost pulled her out of her fantasy of being a goddess, a nasty reminder that she wasn't truly invincible. It also gave her a tiny taste of what she was doing to others and she didn't like that one bit. This blasphemy would not go unpunished.

The boy saw the blood on her toes and went white. Little did he know it wasn't her blood. He asked again if she was okay and asked if he needed to take her to the hospital. Without taking her eyes off him, Stacey calmly reached into her purse. In the chaos of the banging track and the encroaching wee hours of the morning, no one noticed the reduction of one more person.

***

Ryan felt awful. He felt terrible about stepping on this pretty girl's toes. He would definitely be more careful in the future. He felt physically awful as well, almost passing out from the dizziness and feeling of vertigo. The girl he was apologizing to was replaced with a massive pair of bare feet. Not knowing what to think, he at least expected to hear other club-goers screaming and maybe the sound of the roof destroyed, but that's when he realized what was really going on.

All around him were similarly sized giants, impossibly massive human beings. He stared directly at the bare feet before him for a few seconds, too afraid to move but also admiring every last detail. His mind was racing and although he was in grave danger, he always had an edge for curiosity.

He had obviously hurt this girl pretty bad, he thought, as he looked at the blood beginning to dry between all ten of her toes, but he thought that he only stepped on one foot. The left foot began to tap impatiently with the rhythm of the beat, making an audible meaty thudding sound.

He looked up at the gigantic girl and found an unsettling smirk greeting him from on high. She didn't seem to be as injured as her wounds would indicate. That's when he began to realize that perhaps he hadn't even broken the skin. He was not her first victim this night.

The tapping stopped and as though the sky were falling, the massive girl bent down to get a better look at Ryan. Her cold green eyes pierced his very soul as she eyed him. She opened her mouth and one word came out. It was a word that was already on Ryan's mind. Run.

Normally, in a situation like this, if one can even prepare for a situation like this, Ryan would be analyzing the movement of each giant around him and formulating the best possible route to not being a crushed pile of mush. All that went out the window as a literal giantess was now trying to destroy him.

Running as fast as his tiny legs could take him, Ryan knew that it was sheer luck that he was still alive. He had multiple close calls with a red pump and a pair of checkered vans. He was surely a goner when a black rubber sole tread directly upon him only to find himself in the instep of a black platform chunky heel.

No matter how fast he ran, the redhead's bare feet were right behind him, taking slow but deliberately heavy steps. It's as if she was toying with him, whittling him down both physically and psychologically.

Before he knew it, Ryan had reached the side wall of the club. This was both good and bad. He was no longer surrounded by stomping feet, but he was now cornered by his pursuer. With his back against the rubber wall, he watched in fright as one by one, each foot curled it's toes, some making a popping sound. He winced, suspecting that his whole skeleton would soon be making that same sound soon. He could see his pulsating reflection in the glossy reflection of the girl's big toe. He looked as scared as he felt.

He tried running along the wall, but a foot slammed down in his path.He tried going the other way, but the same foot blocked him again. This woman was taking care not to leave any leeway for escape between her feet.

Ryan looked left and right, there was nowhere to go, no where to run. He felt helpless, like an insect. In fact, more helpless than an insect as some insects could fly. He wanted to be an entomologist when he was a kid as he loved to study and watch insects. He never thought he would basically be one.

He looked up at the girl, who still wore that smug smirk and caught a wink from her. "End of the line, pipsqueak," she said down to him and extended her hand high above him and lightly touched the wall. She slowly lifted her right foot directly over Ryan and held it there. This is it, thought Ryan. His fate was sealed

***

Stacey had a blast chasing the tiny boy across the dance floor. She made sure to stay right on his tail the whole time, careful not to crush him yet. She even thought about bellowing out "Fee Fi Fo Fum," but decided against it, thinking it would be too cheesy. After all, she was not some storybook giant, she was a goddess and she had to act the part.

All good things must come to an end though, as the boy came to a halt at the wall. She thought about letting him slip by her and repeat the chase in the other direction, but she had only been so lucky that no one noticed the chase in the first place. She also didn't know if the little guy had it in him to sprint another eight or so football field lengths, to him. She would break him in other ways.

She blocked several escape attempts and didn't spread her feet too far apart. She had learned from the tiny girl fiasco earlier in the night. When the little thing looked up at her, she playfully gave him a wink and said "End of the line, pipsqueak."

She braced herself against the wall with her hand, maintaining her balance. She wanted to step on him but not crush him yet. Before her slow descending foot could reach his tiny soft head, she felt his hands trying to stave off her soft but deadly sole. That's kinda cute, Stacey thought, he thinks he can just push me away and save his life. She increased pressure and felt the little guy drop to his knees still holding up her foot. She pretended to strain a bit and took off some of the weight, causing the little guy to stand again.

Feigning defeat, Stacey took her foot off the boy and put her hands on her hips in a pretend pout. The bug at her feet no doubt was surprised and now had renewed hope of escape. Now was the perfect time to pull the rug out from underneath him. Stacey quickly swiped him from behind with her big toe and he fell right on his back. Before he could get up, she placed her foot back on him with his face protruding out the side.

This time, Stacey didn't give an inch. She wanted to see the look on his face when it dawned on him that he was not invincible after all. A goddess should be able to crush hope as easily as crushing people. The look of confusion and fear let her know that she had achieved her goal and she began to press down until she could feel the warm vibration of his screaming diaphragm.

She decided to tease him a bit longer before the crushing finale and let him get to his feet, much slower now that he had some light injuries. After he staggered away a few inches, she stamped her foot down again lightly and dragged him across the floor through a puddle of someone's spilled drink, back to square one right beneath her.

Stacey began stamping on him to the beat, not enough to kill him, but enough to leave some nasty bruises and crack a few ribs. You don't step on Goddess Stacey, she thought, Goddess Stacey steps on you. His clothes were wet with the spilled alcohol and it started to rub some of the dried blood off of her bare foot, turning his light gray shirt a faded crimson color.

"It's crunch time," Stacey said as she lifted her foot for the crushing blow, but something stopped her from ending the life of this tiny person. The rubbed-off blood from her foot had accentuated the design on the tiny boy's shirt. It was the logo for the DJs playing tonight. Stacey knew because she was wearing the exact same shirt, but in black. This little person had come out tonight to enjoy the music, much like she had.

She knew that she should crush first and ask questions later, but after a few moments of hovering her foot over the doomed little guy, she brought it down right beside him. She gingerly scooped him up in her hand but help him firmly in her fist with his head and shoulders sticking out.

The little thing was beaten and bruised pretty badly but was still conscious. "Hey little dude," Stacey said to get his attention. She grabbed the collar of her DJ shirt and shook it, flashing the logo. "Nice shirt. They're great aren't they?" The tiny captive looked defeated and downtrodden, and couldn't even look Stacey in the eye, but slowly nodded. No doubt, he thought this was yet another tease before his execution.

"Listen. I should really squish you," Stacey said in a sincere tone, "but I'd hate for you to miss the rest of the show. I'll wait until they're done, deal?"

She didn't wait for a reply and instantly turned to the stage and continued to dance and sway to the music. She kept her new little friend in her hand the whole time and even raised him up into the air for a few moments. She was not worried about witnesses in this case as someone would just assume she was a weirdo who brought an action figure to a show.

Eventually the DJs played their last track and it was a banging tune; the perfect way to end the evening. They said goodnight and everyone cheered and panted from the night of physical exertion. Stacey wiped the sweat from her forehead with her free hand.

"Did you like that?"

The little guy was a bit more lucid now, although probably very dizzy after being shaken around for a half hour. He nodded his head and gave Stacey his best pitiful puppy dog eyes.

"Awwww, don't give me that look," she cooed quietly, getting used to the lack of pounding bass. "A deal's a deal. Let's find a private place to squish you." As if on cue, the house lights came on and the bouncers started ushering people out, nicely at first, but becoming gradually forceful as peopled dawdled.

Stacey looked toward the restrooms but the janitor sign was blocking the hallway as the cleanup crew got to work immediately. She covertly unzipped her purse and dropped the tiny guy in, making sure no one saw what she had discarded. "I'll get back to you, just hang out for a bit."

She slapped her forehead and opened her purse back up and retrieved her device and pushed it snugly into her pocket. She then checked to make sure her guest was still in the bag before zipping it back up.

Stacey padded on dirty bare feet to the corner to retrieve her discarded converses and got a better look at them. It would take some scrubbing and some detergent, but she could probably get all of the blood off. She wasn't about to put them back on just yet though. Or else she'd have to clean the inside as well.

She grimaced at the sweaty smell emanating from them. They were definitely going to need some special treatment. She walked across the now barren dance floor and glanced among the strewn trash at the dozen dark red splotches on the floor. Goddess Stacey had blessed this place tonight. She politely said good night to the staff and with her dirty shoes in tow and with a tiny prisoner, she walked off into the night.