- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Trying something out with a different style.

Had a lot of fun with this. Might try writing more like this in the future. Hope you all enjoy.

-----

Ohmygosh, it actually worked!? No way! I was sure that spell was a total scam. Who would have thought you could actually shrink an entire city like this? And the people are still alive! They're driving their little cars around down there!

Hey there, little guys! My name is Clarissa! I hope you don't mind me bringing you here. I wanted to try out this spell I found and, well, you guys seemed like the perfect test subjects. Gosh, I bet everything must look so big and scary to you! Even me! I mean, just look: I could almost fit your entire city under my foot.  Don't worry, though. I'm not going to crush you or anything. I'll take very good care of you. You'll all be my new little pets! But, I don't think my floor is a very good place for all of you. Someone could step on you by accident. Plus I wouldn't be able to, like, sweep the floor and stuff with you down there. I'll have to put you somewhere else. But where? Hmm... Oh, I know! I'll put you in that extra Petri dish I got for school! Just let me go get it first.

...

Okay, I'm back! Wait, where did I leave the little city? Oh, whoops! Sorry I almost stepped on you all! That's why we have to get you off the floor, see? And look here; I bet this would make a great home for you! But, now that I see it next to you, it's a bit small for you guys. No matter! I'll just shrink you again!

Smaller... smaller...

There, that should do it. See? Now you'll fit perfectly! Okay guys, hang on to your pants! I'm gonna use another spell to move you into your new home now. Ready? Three, two, one...

There, you see? Nothing to it! And, gosh, you're even cuter at this size. You're so small I can't even see your little cars anymore. Hang on, I think I have my magnifying glass in this drawer...

Okay, here we go. Ah, I see you there, little guys! My, you all look so scared. I know it will probably be hard to get used to this new size, but like I said, don't worry about it; I'll make sure you're all safe and sound. Why, you're so small, I don't think I'll have any trouble raking care of you! Only... I hope you guys don't think I'm weird for saying this, but I think you should all be even smaller! That way you'll be even cuter! What do you say to that?

...No? Well... it doesn't really matter what you think, since I'm your owner now and you're all just my pets. It's up to me now. So I'll just make you all smaller!

Smaller... smaller... Yes, just like that! Look at you all next to my fingertip; I bet I could smush you all under it! It must look like a huge mountain to you. And me? I'm probably, like, a whole freaking continent! Well, maybe only a small one. You could all probably even fit on my fingernail, with more than enough space to live on it. Actually, that sounds like a fun idea! I'll see if I can do something about that eventually.

But you know what? I'd like to see you all even smaller. Does that make me sound like a weirdo? Well, I don't care. Get ready guys, 'cause your world is going to get a whole lot bigger now!

Smaller... smaller... smaller... smaller... smaller!

Oh, whoops. Got a little carried away there. You're so tiny now, I can't even see you guys even with the magnifying glass. Next to you, my fingertip must be the size of the moon or something. Maybe? I don't know, it's hard to tell how small you are. Also, math is not my strong suit.

But, as fun as it is to think about that, this really is too small. I'm gonna grow you back a bit now.

Bigger... bigger... bigger... There! That's a perfect size for you all! I can actually see your city like this. Only... the rest of the Petri dish looks awfully empty. Well, no worries! I can get a bunch of little friends for you. In fact, why don't I bring all your neighbors here? It'll be like you never left! I'm going to have to concentrate really hard for this so give me a few minutes.

...

...

...

There we go! Looks like I fit you all in perfectly! Now I've got a whole Petri dish filled to the brim with tiny little cities! Welcome, all of you! You're all probably very scared right now, but like I told your friends over there, you don't have to worry 'cause I'll be taking care of you all.

Now, let me put the cover on and cast one more spell...

Okay, that should have worked. I'm gonna test it out. Cross your fingers, little guys, because if it didn't, things are gonna get very ugly for you.

...

It worked! You see? No matter which way I turn your Petri dish, you guys don't fall off! Not even upside-down! Oh, but you're probably getting a dizzy from me flipping you around like this, huh? Okay, I'll stop for now.

You know what this means? Now I can take you all everywhere I go! In fact, I could probably fit you all onto my nail safely now; I just have to shrink the dish with you all inside. Watch! Smaller... smaller... smaller... There we go. See?

Oops. Sorry, I didn't mean for you to fall off. Okay, so maybe you're still too big for my fingernails, but  you all look like you'd fit really well on my big toe nail. Look; you guys fit perfectly! Oh, you slipped off again... Ah, whatever, I'll figure it out later. Anyway, you can stay down there for now. Right now I need to make progress on this assignment. You understand, right guys? I knew you would! Anyway, see ya! Enjoy being at my feet, if that's what you guys are into. I'll play with you all later.