- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Returning to randomly type up a story that popped in my head. I wrote a lot of this late at night, so it's going to seem rushed. Unless y'all like fast paced stuff?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~

 

 

 

 High above the mainland, floated an island in the sky. By no means was it a serene place as you might expect; it looked like a gothic castle and a graveyard had been suspended in midair, floating aimlessly wherever it so pleased. Within this castle, a lone adventurer had been hacking his way through and, miraculously, had not perished yet. He was in way over his head, but seemed determined to press on.

 Shute stumbled forth, covered in his own blood. One final enemy remained before the Dark Lord's chamber, and thankfully, it was one of the more common foes littering the lair. It would be no threat, but this far into a dungeon, energy was a precious commodity. Shute was postively exhausted.

 "Haaaaah..." rasped a zombie, before taking the full brunt from the edge of a blessed claymore. Its head was cleanly severed, and landed a few feet away with a solemn thud.

 Shute turned his attention towards two massive obsidian doors across the chamber. It was rather obvious what laid on the other side.

 "You... bastard..." Shute muttered under his breath, and shambled his way towards the mammoth sized doors.

 

 ~~~

 

 Far below the event happening in the castle above, back on the mainland...

 A gorgeous field of plains and flowers makes an odd scene for combat, alas...

 Two women found themselves surrounded by bandits. One of them seemed nervous and skittish, whilst the other appears defiant and unfazed.

 The battle didn't last long-- the bandits had clearly underestimated their prey. However, one remained...

 Barth half-heartedly dropped his battleaxe. The corpses of his brothers-at-arms lay in various macabre heaps around. How could twenty men fail to take out two women? Well, the answer was quite simple. These were not ordinary women, a fact that would have been useful to know before engaging in combat.

 They turned to him, making eye contact. One was pale, dressed in nearly full black gothic attire, with a frilled skirt, and a hood draped over her head, helping to shield her from the sun. Beneath her hood, Barth could make out two eyes, slightly radiant on their own merit, with her irises slightly glowing yellow-- they quickly glanced away. He figured he knew what she really was, but in his heart, he couldn't accept the possibility. The other adversary, however, was a far cry different. She was dressed in elegant white robes, sparsely adorned with golden inlays, trinkets, and borders. By all accounts she seemed reminiscent of an ancient Cleric, but... why would a half-tiefling choose such a profession?

 "I... I surrender!" Barth yelled at the victors, and began into a full sprint in the opposite direction. He didn't get far, before a throwing knife penetrated his ankle.

 "AGGHH!" Barth screamed in pain, before landing on the ground.

 The two women walked over to him.

 "I'm sorry," the hooded one sheepishly apologized. She was promptly, but lightly, jabbed in her ribcage by her ally, the Cleric.

 "Don't apologize, Remura!" the Cleric scolded her ally, before turning her fiery gaze to the man writhing on the ground, "This little bitch is the enemy. They attacked us, we have nothing to apologize for."

 Remura held her head down, unable to think of anything else to say.

 "Anyway. It's about time for you to feed, isn't it, Remura?" the Cleric continued, still staring daggers into the prone bandit, who promptly went pale once he heard the statement.

 Remura merely nodded, very slightly. She didn't seem extremely thrilled about what was supposed to happen next.

 "Well, well... Did you hear that, you little prick?" the Cleric antagonized Barth, before stomping on his ankle. The wounded ankle.

 Barth screamed in pain, even harder than he did earlier.

 "Celeste! S-stop...! Umm... That's.. cruel," Remura interjected, and lightly pulled on the Cleric's shoulder.

 Celeste whipped her head back to face Remura, but her expression was that of a sadist. Her mouth was forming a cruel smile, and her crimson irises really showed off her demonic heritage. Being a half-tiefling, her skin was more the color and hue of a human, but she had horns framing backwards upon her head and a tail making its way out of the back of her robes. Besides those features, she otherwise seemed mostly human, with tan skin and dark brown hair.

 "Well, Remura? He's as good as any. Have one of your friends hold him up, I'm not sure if I can resist the urge to torture him any more," Celeste sighed, and took a few steps away, to begin looting corpses for anything useful.

 Left alone, Barth began to edge his way backwards from Remura.

 Remura whispered once again, but it wasn't in any language Barth was able to comprehend. Suddenly, four skeletal hands burst out of the ground from beneath him, and caught him by each limb.

 "What the fuck!?" Barth yelled aloud, as two skeletons emerged from the dirt and held him upright, in somewhat of a standing position. They were rather strong for being just bones, but knowledge of the undead wasn't really the specialty of a common bandit. One skeleton bent Barth's head at an angle, holding him as still as it could manage. Remura tentatively took several steps towards Barth after he was restrained.

 Once again, Remura spoke softly, "I'm... sorry, I hate doing this..."

 Remura briefly took down her hood, allowing Barth to make out more details of her appearance. She was just as comely as the Cleric, but more in an innocent way. Her irises were golden, and her skin was pale white, along with her hair, as well. She looked to be an older teenager, perhaps eighteen or so, but her expression was that of someone who had seen enough sorrow for several lifetimes. Finally, her lips parted, and it finally clicked in Barth's head exactly what was about to happen.

  Several minutes later, Remura made her way back to Celeste just in time to see the last coin drop into the Cleric's satchel. Celeste turned to meet her ally, and smirked.

 "You... uh.. got a little blood left on your chin, there," Celeste pointed out, and handed Remura a strip of cloth torn from the possessions of one of the bandits.

 

 

 ~~~

 

 Back in the sky...

 A window shatters at the top of the castle, a man flung by a blast of dark magic is ejected to his death. The shards of the window reform themselves, and Shute is sent into a freefall towards the mainland. 

 Shute, however, is lucky, in a sense, for he is unconscious for most of the fall. He only wakes up moments before impact...

 

 

 "...!? I'm falling!" I realized, before promptly smacking face-first into what appeared to be the giant leaf of a flower, which broke my fall just enough to make it non-fatal. Soon after, I eat dirt as I land on the ground below. I'm still fueled by adrenaline from my fight and subsequent flight, and I shoot up to my feet to take in my surroundings. It almost appeared to be a different world, for everything was many times the size than I remembered them to be. Every blade of grass was closer to that of a tree now, and the closest landmark I could make out was...

 I nearly choked on my own spit. "Is... that... a man? Lying on his back?" I pondered to myself. The man was positively massive, but... Whether I was in another dimension, or shrunken by the Dark Lord's magic, I figured I would need some assitance of some sort. However, while I would seem like the brave sort, I only tore through the Dark Lord's castle fueled by my own rage and desire for revenge, and even then I was lucky to make it to the Dark Lord's chamber. As I approach the giant, I begin to doubt myself. If this man's not friendly, I'd be done for, no two ways about it.

 "M-maybe.. maybe I shouldn't wake him," I began to rethink my plan, until I noticed something strange. The man was bleeding from his neck. I swallowed a lump in my throat-- this was a corpse.

 Suddenly, the ground was slightly vibrating with what felt like footsteps. Was someone approaching? I had no choice but to hide, somehow, and quickly decided to hide in the giant's coinpurse at his waist. I tugged as hard as I could to open the top, and thankfully, it opened up just enough for me to make my way inside and sit on top of a copper coin. I was sweating now, and actually felt a great deal of fear as the footfalls of some unknown wanderer made their way closer to my location. I steel myself, and listen.

 "Well, Remura, this is the last one. You forgot to check him for any valuables, I bet," a feminine voice somewhat booms from nearby. It's loud, but not loud enough to hurt my ears. It's... well, pretty intimidating.

 I break into a cold sweat as I realize exactly the implications of what the woman was saying. Whoever they were, they were obviously about to check this man for anything of use, and I was sitting on top of his damn money! Did they kill him? Was I about to be in danger, too? I start to hyperventilate, and wait.

 "I... um... don't like to touch... the dead," a softer voice replied.

 "You know, it's really weird to hear a necromancer admit that," the first voice retorts, in a sassy manner. "And I think it's also really weird how you thank your skeletons right before they crumble back to the ground, as well," she added, in more of a joking tone.

 A... necromancer!? Damn it, this can't be good! I've always been told necromancers and their associates are nefarious and evil.

 "Ah! Found the wallet," the louder voice announced.

 I felt myself being lifted into the air, along with the rest of the coinpurse. I was trapped, and about to meet... well, most likely, my end.

 

 ~~~

 

 Celeste opened the coin purse, and took a look inside.

 "What the fuck..." Celeste announced, and reached her hand inside.

 Remura perked up, just a little bit. "What is it, Celeste?"

 Celeste pulled her hand out, and opened it. There, in the center of her palm, huddled up with his knees to his chest, was a tiny, unarmed man, looking terrified, like a prisoner about to get beheaded in front of the King.

 Everyone stayed silent for a moment, but, Celeste broke the silence first.

 

 ~~~

 

 "What's up, pipsqueak?" Celeste taunted me, causing me to cringe and subtlely back up a little bit, only to be blocked by her fingers.

 I wanted to answer, I honestly did. But I found it very hard to speak. Being held so high off the ground, in the hands of a potential murderer who may have had a part in the death of the man below me... Well, there was no two ways about it. I was terrified. "H--... H--" I tried to form words, but failed.

 The other one, Remura, I think her name was, started to approach as well. I glanced at her, and recognized the tell-tale signs of a vampire. Luminescent yellow eyes which seemed to glow on their own, ancient attire. She was pretty skinny compared to the horned woman holding me, who seemed to be leaning a bit more on the curvaceous side. But, as attractive as either of them were, something told me: I was screwed. I quickly covered my head with my hands, and curled up into a ball. I wasn't sure what it would accomplish, but I couldn't think of anything else to do that would keep me from panicking.

 

~~~

 Celeste sighed. "Come the fuck on, pipsqueak, it's not like we're not going to hurt you," she said, sounding annoyed with the man curled up in her hand. He continued to clam up. "Ugh. Remura, hold on to him while I check this other guy. You're better at the whole being nice shit than I am. Maybe you can get him to talk."

 "Umm... o-okay..." Remura timidly replied, and held out a pale hand to collect Shute.

 

 ~~~

 

 I felt myself being deposited into the hands of the other lady, Remura. Instantly, while she seemed to handle me more delicately than Celeste, her hands were profoundly colder in general. She was absolutely an undead.

 

 ~~~

 

 I walked a short distance away from Celeste as she searched the fallen bandit. She seemed mean and short-tempered on the outside, but deep down I knew she had good intentions at heart. I carefully sat down, and unfurled my hands to speak to the little one. He looked up at me with fear in his eyes, and I wasn't sure whether it was because he knew what I was, or because I was so huge in comparison.

 

 ~~~

 

 "M-m-my name's R-Remura, what's... your name..?" Remura asked me, her voice quivering. When I made eye contact with the colossal vampire holding me, she quickly broke her gaze and looked elsewhere, almost everywhere else, except me.

 It was so strange. She seemed as scared of me, as I was of her, and I wasn't sure why. The circumstances, however, did seem to make it easier for me to actually speak this time. I was still shaking, but at least my voice was working.

 "My... name is, Shute, ma'am..." I squeaked out. It wasn't eloquent, but I was smaller than her thumb, and was thankful I didn't seem to be in any danger at the moment. If either of them wished it, I would be a trivial matter to dispose of.

 "...oh! Um, no need to refer to me so cordially, Mr. Shute," Remura replied, instantly breaking her own request by referring to me in a cordial manner. "May I ask... how you b-became so tiny..?"

 Again, her eyes were dancing all over the place, trying to do anything except look at me. Remura seemed to be as non-threatening as possible, which I was grateful for. I glanced, a bit nervously, at her ally in the distance: Celeste. She seemed to be a great deal more intimidating, and I breathed a sigh of relief I was able to speak to Remura.

 "I... lost a fight," I managed to reply.

 "Oh, is... is that so? I'm sorry to hear that, sir," Remura trailed off, before following up, "So they must have shrunken you... Who... um... was it?"

 I managed to point at the island in the clouds.

 Remura's face looked, well, shocked, for once. "You-- you fought... Him?"

 I nodded. "I didn't know he could cast such a spell. Or how strong he would be. I was a fool." I lowered my head in shame.

 "N-no, I'm impressed, a-actually. You went alone...?" Remura asked.

 Again, I nodded.

 "Wow..." she breathed, and cracked a small, sad smile. "I wish I were as brave as you are, s-sir..."

 I lifted my head, and she continued to avert her gaze. If she had any blood coursing through her veins still, I half expected her to have been blushing with the way she was acting at this moment.

 I found it increasingly difficult to remain scared of the giantess holding me. She was very gentle in her words, they were always soft, even to my small ears.

 "I'm... well, I mean, I'm not all that brave. You two... are the first people I've encountered since I've been shrunken. It's a bit intimidating, actually, so I'm sorry if I seem tense," I began to explain myself, while Remura turned her gaze fully on me for once. For all my merit, I tried to not let it scare me, having the full attention of someone who could squash me like an insect. "Please, please... I just want to live. You guys aren't going to um... hurt me, right?" I said, and motioned to the dead men around us.

 Remura broke her gaze, and quickly scanned the environment, seeming taking note of all of the dead bodies, before turning back to me. "Oh, no, no no no! They attacked us first, sir... I think they were just... bandits of some.. sort," Remura calmly explained. "We were just passing through, and mean you no harm," she replied, desperately sounding worried about getting their innocence across. 

 I breathed a sigh of relief. An image went through my mind of the man with the bloody neck, and it made a lot more sense now.

 "I um.. you said something.. earlier," Remura started.

 "Yes?" I asked, confused. As gentle as Remura was, I still felt like I was walking on eggshells. I wanted to be as compliant as possible, answer any question, and get on their good side. The power dynamic of a conversation is very different when someone is the size of a castle compared to you. Even someone timid like Remura still commands my absolute attention, whether she realizes it or not. No matter how respectful she was being, I hadn't forgotten my newfound stature.

 "You.. said we're the.. um, first people you've met after your... battle..." Remura recounted, and quickly glimpsed at me for my reaction.

 I scratched my head. That was exactly what I'd told her. What was so strange about it?

 "Y-yes, ma'am..." I answered, with a rising feeling of dread. What could it mean? I was out here alone, with no allies... could she possibly mean...

 I had no one else. I'd told her that they were the first people I'd run across. That means I'm in a vurnerable spot, with no witnesses to know if I were to randomly go missing now. She could do anything to me right here and now, and no one would even know. Besides her own ally, of course. Damn it.

 I felt myself starting to sweat... "I..." I started to speak up, before Remura finished her train of thought.

 "You called us... people..." Remura whispered, sounding like she was ready to cry.

 Huh? Was... that the wrong thing to say...? "I'm... sorry if I--" I began to apologize, before being brought abruptly toward's Remura's chest. "Agghhh!" I yelped in surprise.

 Remura held me in place, in what must have been some sort of bizarre hug. Her dress was soft, and being the thin girl that she was, her... um... breasts weren't very pronounced... But I found myself blushing extraordinarily hard at that point.

 "... Everyone just calls us monsters, mister Shute," Remura softly spoke. "T-thank you so... so much."

 I was at a loss for words, so, I just awkwardly returned the hug as best as I could, before eventually being moved back into the original position when she had me in her hands.

 "You're quite welcome, Miss Remura," I managed to speak up. She looked extremely embarassed.

 The moment, however, was cut short as Celeste made her way back to us.

 "Guy didn't have shit, to be honest," Celeste spoke, sounding exasperated.

 I instantly felt a chill run up my spine, and pressed myself into Remura's fingers. Remura was easy to relax around, but I wasn't sure how to feel about Celeste just yet.

 Both Remura and Celeste noticed my unease.

 "Ohh~ I almost forgot about him," Celeste announced, with an upwards inflection present in her voice. Remura looked a little concerned, but not entirely worried. She must have noticed my trepidation, though.

 "S-Shute... This is Celeste," Remura introduced me to the horned Cleric, who energetically started waving at me. I managed to wave back, weakly, causing a wide grin to erupt of Celeste's face. "She's the extrovert between the two of us, but I promise she won't hurt you," Remura attempted to soothe me.

 "Did you get him to speak yet, Rem?" Celeste asked, and sat down beside Remura.

 I had to fight the urge to shrink away, and felt Celeste's crimson eyes focus on me.

 "I-I did. This is Shute. He's actually... um... kind of nice," Remura admitted. I felt a little flustered at such a direct compliment, from someone so shy.

 Celeste's eyes went wide. "Oh, little man. You're lucky. If Rem's vouching for you, then you're all clear."

 I awkwardly chuckled, not really sure how to respond to that. What if I wasn't in the clear? My mind asked me. I decided it was best not to know the answer.

 Out of the blue, Celeste asked a question, "Can I hold him, Rem?"

 My blood turned to ice. Remura was a calming presence, and quite easily the sort of person you'd want to meet if you ever found yourself shrunken without having a friend nearby. Celeste, on the other hand...

 "U-um... W-well. Is that okay with you, Shute...?" Remura asked me.

 I looked to meet Remura's gaze. She didn't seem too worried, but she was obviously concerned about how I might feel.

 "Pleaseee, cutie~?" Celeste urged me.

 Her initial cold attitude from earlier seemed to vanish once Remura had vouched for me. I wasn't sure which of the two of them were in charge, but, if they were a team, and if I wanted to get some help, they were my best chance. I can't imagine I'd find anyone else in this vast plain at my current size, and in all likelihood, I would have probably died to some random animal if left to my own devices. My fate was sealed the moment Celeste discovered me, and I was going to need to be brave once more. Braver even than when I challenged the Dark Lord in the sky.

 "I... uh... yes ma'am," I squeak out. It does not sound brave in the slightest. In fact, it's probably the most pitiful sentence I've ever uttered in my whole life.

 In a near instant, I'm snatched out of Remura's hands, causing her to gasp. It was painless, but still alarming.

 "Celeste...! Careful with him, please," Remura calmly chided her companion.

 "Sorry, sorry, sheesh," Celeste retorted, while holding me in one hand. Unlike Remura, Celeste didn't cradle me in her palms. I was held in one fist, with all fingers wrapped around me like a coccoon, with only my head poking out the top. It wasn't... uncomfortable or anything, and I could breathe just fine. But it certainly felt way more confining and dominant than the other method. I stared up at Celeste, wide eyed, wondering just what I'd gotten myself into.

 "Cat got your tongue?" Celeste teased, punctuated with a smirk.

 I couldn't help myself, but my voice quivered when I answered, "S-sorry, C-Celeste... I'm j-just a little... um... scared, t-to be honest."

 Celeste didn't seem super concerned about my confession. "Oh. Do I scare you, little one?"

 I nodded, weakly.

 Celeste chuckled lightly and cocked her head to the side. "Well, that can't be helped. I already told you neither of us are going to hurt you, so why are you still scared?"

 Really? Does this woman lack any empathy? I'm being held by someone who could easily pull my head off my body and thump it away like a berry. And to make matters worse, she's still only someone I just met! Does she want me to just, trust her immediately without even getting used to how small I am?

 Celeste leaned closer to me, her lips only a few inches from my head, but completely dominating my whole field of view. "Boo."

 I visibly shivered, and Celeste retreated backwards and started laughing her head off. "Hahaha!"

 "C-Celeste, you.. um, you.. don't have to tease him, do you?" Remura asked, looking worriedly in my direction. I instantly missed being alone with her again.

 "But it's so fun~ what's the harm in it?" Celeste pouted, and moved her other hand to cradle her fist, while her closest thumb begun to pet my hair. If it was meant to make me feel soothed, it was hardly working.

 "He... um... called us... people, earlier," Remura randomly blurted out.

 Celeste kept stroking my hair. "Oh really? Shit, little one, are you trying to get Rem's hand in marriage or something?" Celeste cackled again, causing Remura to bury her face in her hands. Bizarre as the situation was, I guess it really did mean something to Remura earlier when I said that.

 Celeste stopped stroking my hair, and handed me back to Remura, who promptly whispered sorry rapidly, several times, for her partner's behavior. 

 "I'm just fucking with you two," Celeste admitted, before speaking to me directly. "And, you. Welcome aboard. You're with us now. Your membership is non-negotiable."

 Remura smiled sweetly at me, and I felt extremely lucky to have made some allies so quickly. I'd have absolutely been dead out here on my own.

 "But..." Celeste leaned in closer, "If you make Rem cry, or piss me off, I'll swallow you alive and you can spend your last miserable hour alive in my stomach regretting whatever the fuck you did." Her voice was cold and solemn.

 I stared at her, eyes wide, and fervently nodded my head.

 "Celeste!" Remura half-shouted, the loudest I'd heard her be since meeting her. Her eyes were, well, shocked, to say the least. I was slightly pulled further from Celeste, while Remura looked back down at me, looking almost guilty.

 "She... um.. she doesn't mean that," Remura apologized.

 Celeste kept staring at me, and then busted out laughing. "Damn it, y'all need to lighten up. I was. Joking... Kinda, maybe..." Remura returned to staring daggers at Celeste, who eventually relented. "Still, little Shute, we've been through enough. Rem needs the company. She's never befriended a man before, they've all kind of been... well," Celeste vaguely gestured at the field of corpses, "Assholes."

 In a roundabout way, it was starting to make sense why Remura was acting so skittish whenever she interacts with me. I just thought she was naturally shy, which, maybe she was.

 "I promise I'm not here to cause any trouble, ladies. T-thank you for um... helping me..." I managed to speak up.

 "Of course. You're on the team now, dum-dum. If you ever need anything, just let us know. And if we need something from you, we'll ask," Celeste replied.

 How could I ever be of use to anyone at this size?

 "But.. I'm--" I began to interject, before getting interrupted.

 "A valued member of this party," Celeste strong-armed back at me. "We don't let one of our own talk down about themselves. Are you depressed or something? Rem. Give him a kiss and cheer him up."

 Remura fidgeted nervously, "Celeste...!" Remura focused her gaze on me, briefly, as eye contact seemed to be her weak-point. "She's... going to be teasing us a lot, Shute. Please pay her no mind. She's just... like that."

 I found it becoming easier and easier to feel at ease in Remura's presence, and, while I wasn't entirely comfortable with Celeste just yet, I didn't entirely anticipate she would hurt me without having a good reason to do so, which, I never plan to give her one.

 "Well, Shute, I assume you weren't naturally born as small as you are, otherwise you might not seem so... jumpy around people our size. Did you tick off a demon or something?" Celeste wondered aloud.

 "I lost a fight against the Dark Lord," I sullenly explained.

 Celeste, for once, looked surprised.

 "Shute... you..." Celeste sounded actually angry for once, "you... went and attacked my Dad!?"

 A sinking feeling immediately took over my stomach. Celeste calmly worked her way closer to Remura, who instinctively curled her fingers around me slightly, but not enough to protect me from Celeste's gaze.

 "I-I d-did... I'm sorry if--" I began to babble, already feeling like I'd fucked up and Celeste would make good on her promise from earlier and send me on a one-way trip.

 But, to my surprise, she sounded sympathetic.

 "I fucking hate my Dad, too! We're going to be best friends," Celeste beamed. "Sorry for the outburst just then, but you could've died, silly!"

 The sinking feeling in my stomach was replaced with one of relief, and I exhaled a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

"Some demons know how to cast shrinking magic, including me, but for you to get hit by my Dad and live? You're really lucky, dude," Celeste explained.

 "Um... t-thank you. Do you know if there's a way to reverse it?" I asked, hopeful.

 Both Remura and Celeste went quiet for a bit.

 "I-I'm sure there is..." Remura spoke up first, sounding like she was trying to console me.

 Oh. Oh...

 "Well, we can talk and get to know each other more on the way home. We've set up shack in some abandoned cottage an hour from here, Shute," Celeste explained. "We should head back before it gets too late in the day."

 I gulped.

 "You... um, do you have any family you'd like to be..." Remura began, but I decided to quickly answer. It was a sore topic for me.

 "No, not anymore..." I spoke, dejectedly.

 

 ~~~

 

 "No, not anymore..." Shute spoke to us, however, it was the first time he actually sounded, well, full of sorrow.

 I looked down to my new, fragile friend sitting in my hands and felt something stir in my dead heart.

 He looked as if he was about to cry.

 I wanted to change the subject, I wasn't sure how long it's been since he'd lost his family. But, it makes sense to me now why he went on a mission to fight Celeste's father. Shute wanted revenge, and I couldn't entirely fault him for it.

 I stood up, as did Celeste.

 "We... um... We'll," I started to speak up, but found myself getting tongue-tied. Damn it, why is it so hard for me to speak around this guy?

 In a rare case of seriousness, Celeste finished my question for me.

 "We'll be your new family, Shute," she spoke, causing Shute to finally break down. It was hard for me to watch, honestly. I'd experienced a lot of loss in my life, but it never got any easier no matter how long I'd lived.

 "W-we're not a.. erm, replacement for them, but..." I stammered, "But I-- um, we will take care of you, sir..."

 Celeste raised an eyebrow at my statement. Did she catch my slip up?

 "T-thank you," Shute whimpered.

 

 ~~~

Chapter End Notes:

I thought I'd do something fun, here.

---

Shute: Fighter (formerly)

Age: 18

Level 10 (formerly)

Blessed Claymore (formerly)

Steel armor (formerly)

Phoenix ring (formerly)

---

Remura: Necromancer (vampiric)

Age: Appears 20

Level 35

Throwing knives, Necronomicon

Vampire Mistress's Raiment

(no accessories)

---

Celeste: Cleric (half-demon)

Age: 24

Level 29

Mithril halberd

Elite Cleric garment

Holy Necklace, Ring of Greater Mana

---

Barth: Bandit (lowly)

Age: 31

Level 6

Steel battleaxe (discarded)

Leather tatters

Copper bracelet (stolen)

---

Planning on another chapter soon

 

 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.