- Text Size +


Felix missed his phone. The heat and musky odor inside the old sadie shoe caused his skin and throat to burn. Even though the cotton covered toe had been dormant since second period began, it still weighed heavy on Felix. Without his phone, he had nothing to take his attention away from the pain he felt or the awful situation he was in. 


He couldn’t keep track of time outside of Katie’s movements either. If she went to a regular highschool, then Katie would go through 7 or 8 periods in total including lunch before returning home. Katie’s toe was still now, which let Felix know she was in class. Her moving around would alert him that she was moving to her next period. 


Katie’s big toe scrunched lightly on top of Felix. She did that sporadically, though Felix didn’t think she was doing it consciously. He didn’t think anything Katie was capable of doing could be that gentle.


Felix tried to distract himself by thinking of what his friends were up to. It was still early, so most of them would be in class too. He wondered if his roommates were worried at all that he hadn’t returned to their dorm the previous night. Despite everything that happened, it had barely been a day since Felix was shrunk and kidnapped. 


Would they even know that he was missing? It wasn’t uncommon for Felix to return to the dorms late or sleep out on a Thursday night, and for all they know he could have gone home for the weekend since he didn’t have Friday classes. That meant at the earliest, nobody would know he was missing or start looking for him until Monday. 


Felix hated the idea of his friends hanging out and partying without him while he was stuck in some highschooler’s shoe. He slid his hand down the side of his face to wipe the sweat off. It was easily 100 degrees in her shoe, and the sock dripping with foot sweat wasn’t helping. It was more bearable now that Katie was sitting down, though. When she stood up, her foot would slide forward trapping Felix’s entire body under it. Now it only rested on his waist and legs. 


Looking at his wet palm, Felix realized that he hadn’t taken a shower or anything since before he was shrunk. Did he still have Emma’s blood on his face? Surely it would’ve dried overnight, but would the toe sweat be enough to wipe it off?

He would have to ask Sofia when she woke up. He still couldn’t believe that she was able to sleep so soundly under the giant girl’s pinkie toe. Sofia told Felix that he should try to do the same. It would help pass the time, and they had no idea when they’d be able to sleep again.


Despite not sleeping at all the night before, Felix couldn’t take his mind off his situation for too long. Katie reduced him to nothing more than an insole. She proved time and time again that she didn’t see him or any of the tinies as human. She didn’t care if they lived or died as long as they pleased her. Today, Felix was her insole. But what next? He wasn’t human. It’s exactly like Connie said; Felix was an object now. 


Katie scrunched her toes again, rubbing more sweat onto Felix’s legs. 


There was something comforting in that thought—that he was an object. It had to be the heat making him think that way, but being an object gave him purpose. He was Katie’s insole. He could do that for her. As long as her toe lay comfortable above him, he had meaning. That’s something he always longed for—purpose. That’s why he studied so hard. But why does he need to study so hard if he could help this young girl feel comfortable while she walks, and that be his purpose? 


For the first time since he got there Felix smiled. He felt proud of himself. His head felt dizzy and his vision was spotted, but he was happy. He took in deep breaths, trying to fight to heat. He wasn’t sure if he was in euphoria or dying. His body was the rope in a tug-o-war match between heaven and hell. One moment he was in bliss over being Katie’s personal insole, another he felt the cruel reality of his diminished humanity and melting body. He placed his hand on Katie’s toe, but it wasn’t clear to him if he was admiring it or pounding at it. He needed out of this shoe, but then what good would he be to Katie?


Slurp! 


The sound came from across the shoe. Felix’s head dropped to the side. Through the black spots, he made out Sofia on her knees with her mouth sucking on Katie’s sock. She slurped, the sock sucking into her mouth. She moved her head back and gulped, sending the foot sweat down her throat. “Ahh.” She moaned before going back in for more. 


“This heat…” Felix said, trying to get a bearing on his thoughts. “Getting to you too?” He licked his chops. 


“I thought I told you to sleep.” She sucked in more of Katie’s sweat. “And don’t patronize me. You’ll die if you don’t drink it too.”


“Wha…” He stammered. There wasn’t a chance in hell that he was drinking sweat from Katie’s toe. “Won’t you get slick… sick?“


“Only as sick as you’ll get eating your dead friends off a converse.” She moved to a different spot on the foot and sucked up more sweat. Her face bore disgust, but she swallowed anyway. She coughed before wiping her face and wedging her body back under Katie’s pinkie toe. 


“Look, I know it’s gross, and not the best for us, but it’s better than the alternatives. Piss is all waste and spit isn’t good in the long run. Sweat is mostly water and a little bit of salt. Your body will get used to it. I would give up on ever tasting water again.” Sofia slid her hands under her cheek and closed her eyes. “Besides, the sweat comes from Katie herself. You should be honored to get to drink it.” She dozed off.


Felix couldn’t tell if she meant that last part or if she was being sarcastic. He did know he needed to drink something soon. He clenched Katie’s sock. Sweat seeped out of it. Gross. This must’ve been what Sofia meant earlier when she said they drank when they were able. 


Felix sat up the best he could. He didn’t exactly have a lot of strength in him, so he leaned against the sock for support. He felt the foot heat radiate out towards him. It was unbearable to a degree. Why was he still alive? Was it only to serve as a girl’s insole and drink her sweat? It didn’t matter. He trusted Sofia to keep him alive, so he’d do what he had to.


He puckered his lips and pressed them against the sock. He inhaled in, but no sweat seeped into his mouth. He only kissed it. He would have to try harder. This time, he sucked a lot harder. At first, there was nothing. Then it hit him all at once. A mush of toe sweat swarmed into his mouth. He wasn’t expecting it to be so hot and salty. He swished it around, but ended up spitting it out in disgust.


He coughed. That was awful. How could he drink that? He gagged and choked on the musky air. Maybe dying could be a better outcome. He wouldn’t ever have to drink toe sweat again, or worship some entitled brat. But then who would remember Emma? Surely the others would, but who would remember him? He made a promise, and he intended to keep it.


Katie again scrunched and rubbed her toes on top of Felix’s body, as if encouraging him to keep going. He sat back up and wrapped his lips around the sock. He sucked hard, and the sweat came out almost immediately. He cringed with it in his mouth. It was so hot. Katie’s sweat sat in his mouth for almost a minute before  Felix finally bit the bullet and sent the sweat down his throat. 


It felt oddly refreshing. He needed more. He repeated the process of sucking on Katie’s sock and extracting sweat to swallow. He cursed himself the entire time, but he had to drink. It was so humiliating, but he kept swallowing the girl’s sweat. He hated how reliant he was on Katie. She hadn’t stopped torturing him since she shrunk him, but he was so reliant on her to keep him safe, to feed him, to give him shelter, and now he was reliant on her foot sweat to keep him hydrated. 


Felix swallowed his fifth round of sweat. Before he was able to go back for more, Katie stood up. He and Sofia both wailed at the sudden increase in pressure. Katie’s foot quickly covered Felix’s entire body as she started walking. The two tinies screamed in unison with each crash down.


This was nothing like the last couple of times Katie walked on him. Her foot was a lot more drenched in sweat. This caused every step to end in a squench that sent her body fluids pouring into Felix’s mouth. 


It was hot. So hot. It burned his throat. He was forced to swallow tons of sweat every other step, way more than he had drank earlier. He had no time to spit it out eiter. Katie’s strides were quick and rhythmatic. Felix’s body was crushed in sweat every time the dark fabric squished against the floor. It was torture. Complete torture.


By the time Katie sat down again, Felix was sure that the sweat had cleaned any blood off his face. Katie’s toe slid back as she got comfortable.


Felix’s ribs ached, and he was sure that his nose was broken. He couldn’t keep his attention on any thought for longer than a second. 

 

It was only her third period. There were still five more to go, not including the rest of that one. Felix howled as Katie’s toe drilled into his stomach. She let up after a few moments, but it was enough to make Felix finally pass out.

Chapter End Notes:

Thank you all so much for all the reviews! They're what give me the motivation to keep writing. I would love to do a Q&A some time if I could ever figure out how to go about it. Until then, feel free to ask on in the reviews or email me.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Until next time, chow!