- Text Size +
As Gina was crying, she slowly fell to her knees and gently released me on the floor. My unexpected response to her anger must have caused something in her to snap. She sat there kneeling while looking down at me while she was sobbing and shaking her head.

I stood there frozen looking up at her but not in fear but almost in pity. For whatever reason I actually felt sorry for her.

After a few minutes, she finally spoke.

"I WAS SO CAREFUL...WITH EVERYTHING. I JUST FEEL SO STUPID FORGETTING SOMETHING SO...OBVIOUS...LIKE A CAR. "

Then she suddenly stood up while I was at the floor at her feet and she slammed her fist into the nightstand in anger...though the anger was clearly not at me but at herself.

She gently picked me and placed me on the nightstand. She came back with placed a shot glass of water and some tiny scraps of bread and meat not too far from where I was standing.

Then she knelt down so her head was even with me while I was on the nightstand and asked me, "WHAT KIND OF CAR DO YOU HAVE AND WHAT COLOR IS IT?"

"It's a black Lexus GX SUV", I replied. "I remember I parked fairly close to the entrance not too far from the swimming pool...my keys should be in my jacket pocket."

She responded with a weak smile and said "THANKS, HUN...I GOTTA LEAVE FOR A LITTLE BIT BUT I WILL BE BACK SOON. IT'S ABOUT 2PM AND I GOTTA BE AT WORK BY 8PM, SO I'LL BE BACK BEFORE THEN."

"...I JUST GOTTA FIGURE A WAY OF GETTING RID OF YOUR CAR WITHOUT ALERTING THE COPS...", she said. "IF I DO THINGS RIGHT I MIGHT BE EVEN ABLE TO SELL IT AND GET SOME MONEY..."

She walked to the couch and grabbed my jacket and and she was heading toward the door she reached into the pockets and shook her head as she looked at my car keys and left the apartment.

As I sat there in on the nightstand two things came to my mind.

First of all, this was the first time she ever left me alone in the apartment without putting me into the shoebox. When she left the apartment, she always put me in the box, left me a little food, water and a couple of tissues to crap and piss on. Once I was in the shoe box I was never sure where she put me. There were air holes on top but it was always totally dark so I assumed I was always put in a closet or something.

Actually, it was a little scary to be left out in the open like this, even though it was up high and out of any sort of danger. As much as I hated the shoebox/prison...it also provided safety while I was alone.

Secondly, when I thought about how quickly I responded to her question about my car...I actually wanted to be helpful. Of course it would have been easy for Gina to get information out of me if I refused to tell her anything...but I WANTED to be helpful. As I walked over to the scraps of food Gina left to have "lunch", I shook my head in confusion.

After I ate and drank some water...I took a crap on one the tissues Gina left me. I grabbed one of the clean tissues and dragged it as far way from the soiled one a could and covered my naked body and just thought about some other things.

They say that even the "perfect" crime leaves cops with about 25 clues. One thing that always amazed me about Gina was how smart and meticulous she was about details. When I became lucid and oriented to my captivity, one of the first things she did was remove my wallet and get rid of my clothes (except for my jacket). Needless to say, it was easy for her to get the passwords from me for my ATM card and credit cards. She was very cautious on how she got the money...she did it quickly and wore a blond wig over her dark hair and heavy makeup when she actually took the money from the ATM machines...that way it would be difficult for her to be ID'd from any surveillance cameras.

She worked alone so she didn't have to worry about anyone screwing anything up. Also, she didn't get greedy. She went to one machine, one time and took the only half the limit on each card once and got rid of the cards and my wallet immediately. At some point she had told me that she was able to get about $5,000 in cash, which sounded about right.

Gina was very cautious about not raising red flags and covering her tracks, which is why she got pissed off overlooking my car. First of all, she could have gotten a lot of money for it and second it was a clue that my disappearance is probably somehow connected with one of the tenants in the apartment complex.

I looked over at the clock radio and it was 4:30 PM. It was starting to get dark which told me it was probably December. Gina shrunk me and took me captive right after Labor Day so I must have been her captive about 3 months now. It certainly felt a lot longer and to this day I still don't know how she shrunk me.

One time I asked her and she grabbed me put me in the toilet bowl and while I was treading water in the toilet bowl she knealt down and told me the next time I asked THAT question would be the last time.

The topic of HOW I was shrunk was VERBOTTEN after that!

...suddenly I heard some alarms go off and I heard fire trucks outside. I heard some commotion in the hallway...but after about 30 minutes everything died out.

At first I was scared that I would be trapped in a burning building but it must have been a false alarm. After the commotion died out I fell asleep only to be awaken by Gina's gently rubbing of my stomach at about 7PM.

"WAKE UP, LITTLE GUY", she said gently. "I GOTTA TALK TO YOU BEFORE I GO TO WORK."

(End of Chapter 7)