- Text Size +
Gina reached down and picked me with her right hand. As I dangled between her thumb and index finger about 3 inches from her face, I began to speak.

"Okay, Gina...the cops obviously don't have enough evidence to arrest you or they would have...there's even a good chance you may not even be a suspect...maybe they just found out somehow that I was a customer of yours at the club...,' I said as I was interupted by Gina.

"YOU KNOW, LITTLE MAN, YOU MIGHT BE RIGHT...OKAY...SO WHAT SHOULD I DO?", she asked.

"Well..just go back down to the parking lot and talk to the cops...apologize to them and tell them you had a shit day but you will be more than happy to come down to the station in the morning...give them your cell phone number...just make it look like you got nothing to hide", I continued.

"...when you come back upstairs, I have some other ideas on how we can clear up this shit and got the cops off your ass," I said. For good measure I added one more thing, "Gina, I am really sorry for fucking things up but if you give me a chance, I think we can have everything cleared up by morning".

"SO YOU DON'T THINK THE COPS WILL FORCE ME TO GO DOWN TO THE STATION TONIGHT IF I DO WHAT YOU SAY?", she asked. "HOW SURE ARE YOU THIS WILL WORK?"

"I'd stake my life on it, Gina.", I replied with confidence.

"REALLY?", she said as walked to the kitchen counter with me in her hand and placed me inside a coffee carafe and placed the carafe on the coffee maker.

She bent down and looked at me while I was in the carafe and said, "OKAY THEN, THIS IS WHAT WE ARE GOING TO DO. I AM GOING TO SET THE COFFEE MAKER TO START MAKING COFFEE IN EXACTLY 20 MINUTES."

She placed the water and coffee in the machine and pressed the buttons to program the timer and she continued, "IF I'M BACK RIGHT AWAY, THEN THERE WILL BE NO HARM", she said as she smiled.

She placed her watch on the counter right in front of the carafe so I could see it and said, "AT EXACTLY 2:22 AM SCALDING HOT COFFEE WILL START SHOWERING YOUR TINY NAKED BODY, IF YOU ARE WRONG...WELL, ARE YOU STILL THAT CONFIDENT THAT I WILL NOT BE DRAGGED DOWN TO THE POLICE STATION?"

Looking her staight in the eyes and pretending I was not in fear to the very depth of my soul, I nodded in agreement, knowing that she wouldn't hear my voice through the glass anyway.

"GOOD", she said as she flicked the carafe with the middle finger of her right hand, "I WILL SEE YOU IN LESS THAN 20 MINUTES....HOPEFULLY.

Gina smiled, stood fully up and walked toward the door and exited the apartment. I looked down at the digital watch Gina left on the counter and it said 2:03, 19 minutes to go.

I already felt some sweat dripping from my forehead as I said to myself, "Please Gina...please hurry up...

(End of chapter 11)