- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

And the second part of the two parter. Hope it was enjoyed!

Dionna had been raised to be a Knight of Ermoria since she was born. She had learned the ways of court unlike ladies in other human nations. She had studied the blade. Practiced with her fellow pages and squires and when she was due to be uplifted to knighthood Elsira had attacked. Had torn everything down. Had crushed her country as easily as crushing an ant. Her mentor knights were slaughtered by the Grand General and her armies and her friends for the most part had been claimed and enslaved by the Empire. 

 

So she had fought. The dark haired young woman had fought in the resistance movement. She had struggled. Refused to lay down and accept life as an elven slave. And all of that had led to simply being shrunken down by one of their leaders. She hadn’t gotten to face her defiantly, hadn’t gotten to attack her with her blade, instead she was simply reduced like she was simply one among many. She had watched Idria ignore her, the booming steps of the elf passing over her as she focused on the towering forms of her allies nearby. 

 

It had been a blind rage that had filled Dionna really. Rather like everything had gone red. So while many of her shrunken fellows had turned and run, she ran toward Idria. Her blade was held up and her eyes were wild with anger. Hate. This was the woman that had taken everything from her. That led an Empire as cruel as Elsira. She was consumed by a desire to strike against her, even if it was futile and so she did. 

 

She felt her blade sink into the side of Idria Wivlanis’ heel. It sank in, deep. Very deep. The soft skin was cut through and blood trickled down her fingers. Then she saw Idria look down at her. Watched her as she consumed the last of her comrades that were normal scaled and realized that she had perhaps let her emotions rule her here. She tried to jerk her sword out and pull it from the foot of the elf but it was quite tricky. 

 

“C’mon… come loose!” She shouted to the sword as she pulled and struggled, earning a booming laugh from on high. 

 

“We shall have to add removing splinters to the list of tasks your kind is incapable of it seems.” The blonde mused as she lifted her foot back, knocking Dionna aside as she did. 

 

There was a great rush of air as she moved and Dionna felt jarred from the impact. She rubbed at her head, groaning a bit as she watched Idria lift her foot back and idly pluck the blade from her foot like it was a toothpick between her fingers. She didn’t even flinch from the action, even as blood dribbled from the side of her foot. She lifted the blade up to her face and lifted a brow as she looked at the red stained there before flicking it back to the ground without an ounce of concern. 

 

“A valiant effort, pointless and stupid of course but valiant as well I suppose.” She remarked. 

 

Dionna glared up at the blonde as amused eyes were fixed on her. Eyes from on high far above told her that she was beneath the elf. She stared into the defiantly and got up, bolting toward where her sword had fallen upon the ground. It was a futile gesture but she had that fire in her. The fire to resist this tyrant until the last drop of air left her body. She ran as fast as she could but on high it appeared like she was a bug skittering across the stones of the road. 

 

All Idria had to do was slide her foot forward and Dionna smacked into the side of it. More than that she saw the wound was… gone. Healed. All of her effort to cause that little injury was reversed like nothing had ever happened. Not a scar, not a scratch left. She might as well have not even attacked for all it mattered to the councilor. The dark haired woman stumbled back from making impact and shook her head. 

 

“You cheating bitch! If you faced me normally I’d cut your head from your shoulders!” Dionna shouted up at the blonde. 

 

A booming laugh met her words. “Cheating? Hardly. If you lack the tools to defend yourself against me, you simply shouldn’t be playing the game in the first place. Is an opponent of greater skill in a game of chess a cheater? Hardly.”

 

“Easy for you to say, witch! You evil words only condemn you and your wicked people further!” Dionna shouted. 

 

“My, such bleating and squeaking from a loser from a species that are little more than shadows of an actual race.” Idria remarked. 

 

The blonde idly kicked off her sandal, sending it skidding further ahead of her. There was a shaking of the ground beneath Dionna as Idria turned and propped her foot up on its heel, the shadow cast upon the half inch tall human hard to escape from. Perfect shapely toes danced on high as the blonde let out another chuckle. Dionna had fallen over from the impact and was trying to crawl away. 

 

Too slow of course as Idria brought her foot down, fast. Dionna felt fear as her death came toward her and she was knocked over again and pinned beneath the soft flesh of Idria’s foot and the stone’s beneath her. She wasn’t crushed however, simply pinned beneath a sole that was so soft it was unnatural. Dionna squirmed, writhed, trying to claw her way out from under the foot of the elven woman holding her with ease. Even though there was basically no pressure being applied to her there was no way she could claw her way out. 

 

She tried to open her mouth to shout and all she managed to do was let out muffled noises into the foot that was nearly suffocating her with the flesh over her face. She pushed and shoved, she fought with all of her might. All of her training. All of her power. And all Idria had to do was simply hold her foot overtop of her to keep her pinned. It was a powerlessness that was not easily topped. 

 

“You know, since it's just you and I. Perhaps I’ll let you in on a little secret, human. A question I always get asked of by humans. Why? Why do I do this? Why do I drive our nation from behind the scenes? Why do I ride our Empire to grind your little animals beneath our heel? Why, why, why? What did you ever do to me?” Idria asked. 

 

She adjusted her foot, pulling it back and moving her toes so she skillfully gripped the body of Dionna, the dark haired woman gasping and squirming as the digits clamped around her. She was held and pinned between the big and second toe, the digits holding her firmly and knocking the air from her lungs. She let out little coughs as the words of the woman boomed from on high, Idria speaking despite her and drowning her out. 

 

“Many elves cite our enslavement. Others imperialism. Indeed I push both as motives for us to go on, yet it is not what motivates me really. No. What motivates me is quite simple you see. I *can* grind humanity into a worthless nothing species. And so I do. Your species, if you can even call it such, disgusts me. I can’t properly put into words how revolted I am when I glimpse your people at a scale similar to mine. When I see you walking around in *clothes* and speaking like *people* it turns my stomach. When I see you waving banners around, living in settlements, aping the trappings of a civilization I feel like throwing up frankly.” The blonde said as she squeezed the warrior between her toes. 

 

Dionna coughed and wheezed as she felt her bones groaning in a threatening manner. Her face was starting to change color as she couldn’t properly take in air from the squeeze of the toes around her. She was gasping like a tiny fish between the soft and delicate looking digits. She pushed and shoved, and squirmed. She bit and scratched. She fought for her survival as best she could but it was futile. Idria could have popped her between her toes with the ease of crushing a grape if she so chose. 

 

And then the pressure vanished as she was dropped down to the ground, landing hard against the worn stone. Dionna let in a deep gasp of breath, wheezing and coughing as she did. Dark spots danced before her eyes and she found it hard to focus. When she did manage to reorient herself she looked up and saw Idria leaning down over her, her blue eyes possessing a sadistic glint to them as she watched the dark haired woman writhe on the ground.

 

She pursed her lips together and some moisture formed upon her lips. Moisture that fell from on high and landed with a splat upon the gasping and panting Dionna. The dark haired woman was forced into another coughing fit as she took in the saliva of the beautiful elf above. She was soaked from the impact and dazed from having it burn at her eyes. She could still hear, so she could very much hear the laughs of the blonde booming out. 

 

“You see, shrinking you lot was mostly done as a humiliation. To rob an oppressor of their power. However, looking at you as I do, it's your natural state. The state you are most suited for is that of vermin and animals beneath an actual race worth a damn. We measure our lives in decades and centuries while you expire after a mere five or six decades. That you are even allowed to exist as you do is sickening really. The gods made you all wrong, so I am merely taking it upon myself to correct their mistake!” She grinned a broad and toothy grin that Dionna could have only described as monstrous. 

 

“Shut up!” Dionna screamed, slapping her hands onto her ears. “You’re wrong! We’re people damn you! You’re fucking evil, pure evil!” She shouted. 

 

“Evil? Maybe I am.” Idria shrugged. “You shouting it doesn’t really matter though now does it? Who cares what you think? Not me. Not any other elf in Elsira. Because I’ve made it that way. I’ve made it so whatever you shout or cry or scream it doesn’t matter. What I’ve done is made my view a reality. That you might say is the greatest magic of all. Perhaps I’ll give you a look, a tour, an experience of what that reality is like.” 

 

Dionna felt something wrap around her limbs. A metallic noise sounded out as  she found restraints wrap around her wrists and ankles. Golden shackles that were leading… her eyes widened and she tried to run as soon as she traced their path. They were leading toward the toe strap of the blonde’s discarded sandal. Dionna got to her feet and scrambled and for her trouble she was simply jerked back as the magical chains dragged her back toward it. 

 

“Stop! You bitch, you can’t do this! I’ll kill you! Someone will end you! You hear me!? Someone will fucking end you!” She screamed. 

 

Idria laughed. “Oh my dear. How many humans have said that to me over my long lifetime? Countless. Oh so many. You also don’t seem to understand. It doesn’t matter. If you killed me here, it wouldn’t have mattered one whit. What I have set in motion, what I have done, there is no ending it. Not until the last of your species conforms to my vision of this world. For you see, that is my magic. I am Councilor Idria Wivlanis, Arch Magus of Possibility. All possibility and probability is mine to shape and mold. Bend and twist.” 

 

Dionna let out a cry as her back impacted the toe strap of the sandal. It was a fine sandal with gems studding it. Well worn from the imprint of the toes on either side of her. Dionna found her heart pounding in her chest as she strained against the bindings that were holding her fast to the strap of the sandal. She strained and pulled until she was red in the face, until she felt muscles tear and her wrists rubbed raw. It did nothing however. There was nothing she could do. 

 

Idria for her part lifted her foot over the sandal and slowly slid her foot up, the sandal shaking beneath Dionna and knocking her head back against the strap. She was dazed as a pair of flawless pale toes were placed on either side of her, Idria having reduced Dionna to a place that many humans probably found themselves. Adorning clothes. Many adorned jewelry. It was dehumanizing. Or more accurately it fit more in line with what Idria’s idea of humanity was. Something so low it could never be mistaken as an equal. 

 

Idria curled her toes, the walls of flesh around Dionna pressing and pushing up around her. “Oh you poor poor thing. You still don’t yet grasp what my magic really is. Very well then. I shall show you. Look upon it, listen carefully. Watch True Magic.” She boomed out from above. 

 

When next she spoke it felt like the words were… higher. Not simply louder, but like they were spoken with an authority of divinity. 

 

“All that I speak in bold is a possibility that will overwrite whatever conflicts with it. When the ambush struck Idria Wivlanis’s carriage the attacking humans found themselves gripped by magic and unable to move. Thus, they were easily picked off, killed, and shrunken down without a single elven casualty.” Idria spoke it and the world started to change and warp before Dionna’s eyes. 

 

When Idria spoke the words the world simply shifted and changed, the possibility she spoke simply becoming the new reality. Dionna experienced and remembered it as much as she remembered what had happened before. She experienced simply being frozen. She watched as their ambush meant *nothing*. Not a single elf killed by any of their people. Idria was not done however. 

 

“Ah, I suppose I should go on. Both human mages were shrunken down before ever reaching Idria Wivlanis, crushed beneath the boot of one of her servants.” More words that warped Dionna’s memories. She now recalled a world where she watched Telver and Amelia swallowed under the shadow of a beautiful elf in the attire of a battlemage. 

 

“It was thus that the humans found their attempt to end Idria Wivlanis result in only the worst and most humiliating of failure. The carriage only stopped for a minute and then resumed on its path without incident. Let this possibility be written into existence, by the will of Idria Wivlanis.” Idria finished. 

 

When Dionna blinked she still found herself between Idria’s toes, tied and bound to the strap. Only now they were inside the carriage and it was… moving. It was moving and everything was exactly as Idria had said. Reality had shifted to the possibility Idria had spoken forth and now Dionna found herself knowing two realms. One, where they managed to at least take the elves with them. And now a second one, where they failed completely and utterly and were crushed in a humiliating manner. 

 

This was the second one. Idria had made it so this was the new reality. In essence she had undone anything that made it seemed like they mattered! She trampled their sacrifice and accomplishments. She crushed their achievements with all the effort of a woman stepping on an ant. Dionna’s eyes were wide, and she could no longer suppress the scream of despair from rising from her lips. She wailed in despair, screaming, denying this possibility forced on her. 

 

For Idria’s part however, there was a smirk upon her lips. A smirk as she crossed her right leg over her left and let the human wail out her despair, delighting in it. Ah, it was truly moments like these why she made these outings. She curled her toes around Dionna’s form, a sensation she intended to enjoy for many days to come. Until the human ceased to amuse and was simply tossed aside like a worthless toy.