- Text Size +

Three months ago…

 

“I hereby welcomed you on your first day here as our newest caretaker team, Jenny,”

“Thank you, miss Cameron,”

The agreement is set, the two girls shake hands inside the CEO office room. As the CEO of the secret company, Cameron surely a simple one when it comes to fashion sense; blue jeans and black buttoned shirt that blends well with her long blonde hair. Jenny herself, easily recognized with her ponytail black hair and glasses.

“Well, let’s not waste any time now, I got a meeting in an hour, so let me gave you a quick tour around, okay?”

“Yes, ma’am,”

With the introduction out of the way, the two girls exits the room and walks through the corridor that has many paths and turns into many rooms. It’s almost easy to get lost in this all-painted-white wall and floor combined with many airlock door, really something out of a secret labs in sci-fi movies.

“I’m… still kind of surprised, miss. At first I thought this was an independent company,”

“’was’ is right. Well, until we’ve finally got the shrinking device works perfectly, then we actually… ahem, secretly, secured a working relationship with the leaders,”

“Leaders, you mean… that kind of ‘leaders’?”

“Yeah, that is why nobody knows, right? Think of it as our own Area 51, they’re protecting our work,”

“So… that one time, when I saw cops ignoring the call of missing person…”

“Exactly,”

The two stopped in front of a window. Inside, they saw two female scientists working on an electronic device that looks like a cannon.

“Meet our R&D team, they’re the one doin’ inventing and maintenance of the technical things here,”

“Everyone here is female?” Jenny checks out the unfinished cannon device.

“Well, yeah. I just found them easier to trust, and… less intimidating to microns, you know,”

Continuing the tour, the next window shows a room with lots of stretcher. Jenny noticed about eight person sleeping soundly on each of those stretchers.

“This, is where the magic happens, you’re right on time to witness this one,”

Suddenly, the airlock closed the window tight while a droning sound could be heard echoing from the room until a light blast sound occurred. Three seconds later the airlock opened once again, but something magical happened, those sleeping patients? They’re disappeared! Jenny could only opened her eyes wide wondering what the hell just happened.

“Confused yet, Jenny?” Cameron just gave her own funny smile, clearly ecstatic for Jenny’s reaction.

“Uh… so… where are they?” Jenny could only point in confusion at the window.

“Here,” Cameron took out her smartphone and uses the camera. Jenny quickly pay attention to the screen while Cameron zooms in to one of the stretchers slowly until the zoom reaches the maximum distance. There, Jenny squints carefully into the screen until she noticed it; the same person that she saw earlier sleeping, now small and microscopic enough that even the camera could barely catches the tiny guy.

“Whoa!” this is still too much for Jenny to take it all in. even if she knew already about the shrinking procedure, she never imagined that it would be THAT small. Now her curiosity suddenly peaked, she wanted to enter the room so bad just to compare the size. “But… how do you pick ‘em up? You could barely sees them!”

“I’ll explain that later… shall we continue?”

Jenny, still hesitant as she still wanted to enter the room, but she just had to hold out for now…

***

The next room…

Pipes, lots of pipes connecting many stuff inside the room. There’s also a number of what looks like to be air conditioner leaning on the wall seemingly used to stabilize room temperature between hot and cold. Thankfully, the cable management are good here, no chance of tripping for anyone in this room. But what catches Jenny’s attention as soon as she entered this ‘City Management’ room is the large glass dome placed on the low table in the middle with various pipes connected under it.

“Is that…” Jenny slowly walks into the glass dome, clearly amazed by what she expected to find. A glass dome almost reaching Jenny’s chest in height.

“Where it all begins, Jenny,”

Peeking inside, Jenny could made out some kind of… world map? Jenny placed both of her hands on the glass as she looks closer inside. She saw flat ground with some blue area similar when she saw the land below from an airplane. She could only imagine all those microns now living inside this thing on that flat land, how small are they? Slowly she could make out some gray patches that could be resembling a metropolis. There are maybe… six gray spots? Six large cities inside this glass dome.

“Let me help you with that,” Cameron seemingly make a call from her phone. “Steven? You there? We’ve got a new employee here, prepare your camera and broadcast it to me like usual,”

Call on hold, Cameron approaches Jenny who still curious about the contents inside the dome. “Jen, check it out,”

Looking at the phone screen, it’s a video call connected to one called ‘Steven’. At first, Jenny doesn’t understand until she noticed herself on the video. A camera from inside the dome? Wait, no, it’s someone holding a phone, showing Jenny leaning on the glass dome! Shocked, Jenny saw the whole thing from this Steven’s perspective; tall buildings around the camera and far up above in the sky, a transparent glass dome with a gigantic girl leaning on it. Both of her hands along with her buttoned-shirt covered boobs pressed against the glass, giving somewhat erotic view for every microns inside the dome. Jenny’s face quickly turn red, both realizing how big she is compared to the city below and how she basically had just giving a free ‘show’ to the entire populace below.

“But… I-I can’t see them from here… how small are they?”

“Small enough that your naked eye couldn’t catch them, right?”

Jenny didn’t even know how to feel at this point; excitement, bewilderment, confusion, all kinds of emotion swirling around inside her. This is not just a discovery, it’s an experience in which soon enough she’ll be a part of it for a long time.

“Anyway, this is our first ever successful airlock dome, we just called it Haven City. Connected into several system in this room for electricity, water, and weather temperature adjustment. Everything is already automatic here so all we need is the machine maintenance. Population around… 7,000 spreads around six major cities if I remember and will keep growing,”

“Whoa, that many already?”

“Five years, and you will be surprised how many people actually given up surviving in the real world out there…”

***

Many rooms later…

“The last room here, just an ordinary research room, nothing really special,” Cameron and Jenny entered a room filled with lots of tables and lab equipment. “Well… this is our last stop, so… how about we spice things up a little?”

Jenny looks confused, but followed along anyway. Cameron picked up a petri dish and a stand magnifier from one of the tables and placed it on the counter island in the middle.

“I noticed the way you look at the glass dome earlier… aren’t you curious about those microns?”

“Um… ah… yes,” Jenny’s curiosity couldn’t be suppressed anymore, she just wanted to know about it despite the hesitant and shy feelings inside her.

“Take a look here, then,”

Jenny approached the island and noticed the petri dish under the stand magnifier. From the naked eyes point of view, Jenny could made out something in the middle of it. A tiny speck, gray in color yet too small to be distinguished into anything, a bit like… tiny rock? Curious, Jenny quickly uses the magnifier to check the tiny speck out only to be met with another shock and awe when she saw… buildings. Cluster of buildings firmly planted on a concrete foundation below it stood n the middle of petri dish. Jenny could even saw tiny details like the road in between the buildings and the pristine windows on those tall buildings combined with those radio towers on some of the rooftops.

“Holy…!” Jenny’s right hand covers her mouth in shock. What an amazing discovery, to be able to build something robust yet so microscopic in size. “Is that all real buildings?”

“This was a rejected test design when the team builds a bunch of buildings for the micro world. Any cancelled or unused micro objects would always landed in this room,”

Jenny could only nodded in amazement as she still examined the micro buildings under her.

“Why don’t you give it a… pressure test, maybe? Use your index finger to apply pressure from above it,”

Hearing this, Jenny’s heart races even faster. A direct contact with this micro object, how exciting is that? Now the moment of truth is finally coming to her. Getting back to the magnifier, Jenny focused back on the tiny cluster of buildings below. Carefully, very carefully, Jenny hovers her right index finger above the tiny gray speck and suddenly amazed by the massive difference in size; her index finger alone already massive enough to cover the entire group of buildings under it, engulfing them in the shadow underneath the gigantic digit. Anxiety, amazement, excitement, all strikes her right on her sensitive spot once again without fail, causing Jenny to struggle holding herself up from trembling too much. Gently, Jenny lowers her fingertip right into the tiny buildings until it collides with the tallest of them. Much to Jenny’s surprise, she couldn’t even feel it despite she clearly saw her skin on the magnifier collides with it. Suddenly, the top floors of the building crumbles down, dust rises from the cracks and debris started to rain down from the street.

Gasps escaped Jenny’s mouth as she raises her finger a little, noticing what remains of the tallest building in the group now has its top completely crumbles for about a few floors. She could only wonder how immense her form and her strength compared to these buildings that the microns used as the living place. For now she's only grateful that these buildings are devoid of life, no casualties in her test of strength.

“Now, press it all the way down, Jen,”

Dammit, Jenny’s own heart already beats faster from the thrill of testing her strength, now her new boss actually wanted her to do some demolition job? With just one finger? How this would help her holding herself up from toying with those microns while she’s becoming a caretaker? Anyway, that ridiculous offer is too good to pass up, if Cameron wanted her to crush some itty bitty buildings, then so be it, no question asked. Positioning her right index finger once again right above the doomed group of buildings, Jenny wasted no time engulfing the whole tiny grey speck in shadow once again, slowly pressing down, until…

CRUNCH

She could barely felt it, like squishing a tiny crumb. The picture on her magnifier now only shows her index finger, pressed tight into the surface of the petri dish, not a single trace a tiny group of buildings was even there. Slowly, Jenny raised her finger back up, revealing a flattened debris underneath. Nothing left standing, what was previously a group of buildings in various shape and height now nothing more just a tiny almost unnoticeable grey dust without the magnifier. Jenny’s sense tingles uncontrollably, the strength that she got in her fingertip alone could crush a city block into nothing, she gasps uncontrollably at the sight of her own showcase of power over the micro objects and it awakens something new inside her that turned her on easily.

“How does it feel?” Cameron just grins behind Jenny. “Just utter a word, quick,”

“I feel… powerful…” Jenny couldn’t remove her sight from her own right index finger, still at disbelief at the comparison between her and the microns and how immense her everything compares to them; body size difference, strength, presence, everything. Jenny just trembles knowing how much all of this meant to her as a caretaker later. “It’s kind of silly, but… it’s like I might be an unstoppable one to them,”

“Well… now you’re kind of learned how delicate they are compared to your massive form, I hope you’re understand that this is kind of what could happen if you made direct contact with them, so be cautious when that day suddenly comes,”

“Y…yes…”

“Okay, Jen. This marks the end of the facility tour. All I can say is, welcome, and have a good time working here. Now I must go,” with that, Cameron leaves the room, on her way to the meeting. Jenny, left alone in the room, still trying to process everything that she witnessed during the tour, but mostly the size difference part, truly an experience that she wanted to be a part of. This is going to be fun, she thought. To be able to stand tall over the inhabitants, what a unique position she’s in. she just can’t wait for her start of the job as a microns caretaker…