- Text Size +

“Ah, our very own disposal specialist,” Cameron welcomed Jenny as she entered her room.

“Is that a legit position now?” Jenny chuckles at her own crazy boss.

“I’m kind of thinking about that, actually. Who knows, our business kinda boomin’ right now, maybe we need to ‘free up some spaces’ someday…” from her face, Jenny could kind of tell Cameron just joking around, yet there seems to be a slight sinister undertone about it. “Since you’re the one being so good about it, maybe you’ll be the one training someone in the future. You know, how to do it safely, efficiently, et cetera…”

“I won’t reject that, boss,” Jenny just shrugged. “So by the way, what’s up?”

“Ah alright… ahem, two things. First, we’re supposed to get a new caretaker today and I want you to be her handler for a few days until she’s ready to work on her own, but unfortunately there seems to be a fault on our office out there, I think she’s gonna be late,”

“Someone new? Now that’s fun… Alright, me and Rose gonna be ready for her, you can count of us,”

“Good! Her name’s Erica, we still had an empty room for her, right?”

“We still do, there’s still about four vacant quarters if I remember correctly,”

“We’re fine then, I’ll inform you later… okay! Second thing: remember Room 02? Where you get your… newfound bliss?”

“Y-yeah,” Jenny’s face turns red, she wouldn’t ever forget that glorious night. “What’s up with it?”

“I’ll just put out a short version for you; I don’t think that room is profitable anymore, everybody outperform them by a wide margin, they got left behind, far,”

“So…” Jenny could already picture what’s going to happen to the tiny cities inside it, tingling her senses already with just thinking about it.

 “Yyyep… looks like you’re gonna have another round. You could even invite Rose as well to help, if you wanted to,”

“Well well…” Jenny’s mind swirling around with a lot of thoughts once again. This is what she and everyone had become day by day, unethical and devoid of compassion. What was first a noble cause, now it’s just another day in a lab playing social experiment observing each CCTV recordings on all of this microscopic cities. But Jenny knows, she’s already far gone too deep into this whole operation, there’s no pint in turning back. Besides, the opportunity to have sheer power over these helpless microns, where else she would have this? Her body already the device of mass destruction and genocide a few months ago, why stop now. She’d rather enjoy all of this while she still could. “I guess… this is what we’d finally become, huh?”

“In the end… it’s all just business,” Cameron just toy around with her pen. “They all signed the contract, and we only did what’s necessary to keep this place goin’,”

***

Later that evening, 10.00 PM

KNOCK KNOCK

“Come in,” Cameron still busy working on her desk. The door opened, came in bright young girl, probably fresh-graduate years old, Cameron thought. Brown twintail, busty chest behind her white buttoned shirt and quite impressive hip covered by the black pants. “You must be Erica, good evening!”

“Sorry I’m late! There was an error on the office!” the new girl just bowing down apologetically after putting down her luggage.

“Hey, its fine, I know all about it,” Cameron stood up, offering a handshake to Erica. “Welcome to the team, Erica,”

“Y-yes! Thank you, miss Cameron!” Erica just shook Cameron hand quickly. Cameron already knows this one going to be interesting judging by her energetic yet panicky attitude.

“Well, since you’re pretty late, I guess the tour would be tomorrow. For now, get some rest, okay? There’s a room already prepared for you,”

“Got it, thanks!” Erica bowed down one more time before leaving Cameron’s room.

***

11.00 PM

“Phew…” Erica just sat on her bed after finished unpacking her things. Still in her buttoned shirt and pants, at first she decided that she wanted to take a bath after the unpacking is done, but then her stomach disagreed with her decision as it growls pretty loudly. Erica thought of the cafeteria that she passed earlier, but its late night, everybody probably already asleep in their own rooms, she couldn’t ask for anyone’s help.

Her stomach groaned again, it’s clear that she MUST eat something now, else she would had trouble sleeping tonight. Erica stood up, heading for the door with confident that she could navigate this facility by her own and finding that damn cafeteria that she sorely needed right now…

***

 “Dammit, where is it?”

…and she got lost, she couldn’t remember which floor was the cafeteria, now she’s just walking aimlessly through all this unknown corridor. Through the frustration, Erica noticed all this unknown rooms as she traveled through a corridor. What the heck is this, Erica thought. Peeking through the window of a room with ‘ROOM 04’ written on it, Erica saw what looked like a room filled with probably green moss on the floor with some hints of grey in various spots. The doors locked though, the computer screen also locked from access. What’s all this, some kind of experiment? Erica only knows that she would be taking care of something in this facility, yet nobody told her the specific works just yet, usually Cameron would be the one explaining the complete detail once a new employee arrives here.

Peeking at the other rooms, it’s all the same, just some sort of plants on the floor illuminated by vibrant light inside it. The young prospect didn’t even know what they’re researching, she’s only mass guessing everything that she saw at this point. But then, one room caught her attention; ‘ROOM 02’. Unlike the other room, this one didn’t look functional; the computer screen is off, the insides are just pitch black, and much to her surprise… the door is unlocked. Weird, but fascinating, Erica thought. Sure, Erica is not someone who would break the rules nor categorized as a delinquent, but she always loves discovering things and as long as her curiosity remains unrewarded, she would keep trying until she’s satisfied with something.

Now Erica’s mind currently fighting the two thoughts; should she get inside to find out what’s this all about? But she didn’t want to get in trouble on her first day though. To her defense, she only assumed that this one room seems to be unused compared to the other well-maintained ones, maybe it’s safe for her to go in, it didn’t even looks functional anyway.

Erica’s curiosity wins in the end, she’s so intrigued about this ‘ROOM 02’ right now that she even forgot that she was hungry. Oh well, if she got fired for this, she could just move on. It’s not the end of the world for her life anyway, Erica thought. Her mind is set, she drags open the door gently and set her foot down into this pitch black room…

Closing the door to avoid anyone find her trespassing, Erica could hear a faint crunching sound underneath her sneakers. Like stepping on branches, she thought. It’s total darkness inside here, probably there’s a light switches on the wall? Erica picked up her cellphone and turn on the flashlight to see the ground better. Just like the other room, bunch of moss-like green plants on the floor. Is this some kind of greenhouse? Erica also noticed a bunch of potholes below, probably the other caretaker also stepped in previously.

Then something caught Erica’s attention in the distance; on the ground, some kind of tiny white and yellow-ish lights decorating an area. Examining closely, there are actually a bunch of this tiny lights scattered all over the place on the ground below her, piqued her curiosity even more than ever before. Maybe they’re using fireflies as their subject of experiment? Nevertheless, there seems to be a bunch of them gathering in one place over there, so Erica decided to take a few steps toward it. On her way to the designated area, Erica seems amused by each tiny lights that she’s stepping on, it’s easily crushed, even the tiny glows around where she stepped suddenly just fades into nothing, didn’t even light back up as she gets closer.

She finally arrives. Erica crouches down to get a better look on this group of faint lights below. Interesting, looks like there’s some kind of very small glowing rectangular shapes decorating the ground below, some of it rises probably about an inch tall. Maybe a glowing stone? Also, Erica noticed as she bent herself down closer and closer to the ground that there are some moving tiny lights as well, probably about hundreds of them, there seems to be a designated grid for this tiny thing as they moves in a pattern between these glowing stones. Funnily enough, many of these tiny lights seems to turn around and move away from her looming face above them as her big blue eyes studied them.

CRUNCH

“Whoa,” Erica realizes that her shirt-covered boobs accidentally hits the ground, snuffing out many of the tiny lights beneath her. “Hope they weren’t important,”

Rising one finger, Erica flicks some of the taller rectangular stones. Weak, it seems to crumble down into clouds of dust as soon as her finger made contact with these things. Still not satisfied, Erica blew some wind into this area. Some tiny lights got swept up into the air for a few milliseconds before it died completely.

“Tiny bugs? Probably? A bug equipped with light?”

Crawling forward, Erica in her clumsiness drags her boobs on the ground, steamrolling more of these fragile tiny lights underneath. Using her right hand, Erica dug a section of these glowing stones before lifting it up into her eye level. Unfortunately, as soon as she brought it up, the tiny lights just fades, leaving nothing but uninteresting bunch of rocks in her hand. Feeling annoyed, Erica just closed up her right hand, crumpling up a bunch of these junks into a ball of dirt before throwing it back down into the ground. In whimsical motion, Erica spreads out her right hand and letting it fall into the remaining rectangular glowing stones below, pulverizing it completely.

***

CCTV room…

The door opened, Jenny walks in, still sleepy and comfortable inside her pink pajamas as she put on her glasses.

“What’s up, Rose? It’s already late…” Jenny still gathering her consciousness.

“Come here and see, it’s hilarious, I tell you!” Rose seems giddy about something as she sat on a chair in front of the screens. “Take a look at ‘Room 02’ there!”

Jenny pays attention on Room 02 screen while Rose rewinds it back a few minutes. Thanks to the nightvision feature on the cameras, the two caretakers could see clearly what’s going on inside the dark room.

“Wait… isn’t that Erica? The new girl that we escorted earlier?” Jenny seems intrigued.

“Yeah, and judging by her movements from what I traced through the other CCTV, I could only assume that she got lost and got curious by Room 02 when she stumble upon it,”

“Holy shit…!” Jenny’s jaw dropped when she saw Erica toys around with the city of Acter. The young fresh graduate seemingly got curious by what she found and unknowingly snuffing out the entire Acter population in just a few minutes.

“What do you think? Should we intervene?” Rose asked.

“Um…” Jenny feels a bit torn now, but she knows this would be a funny story tomorrow. “W-well… Room 02 is already set for demolition anyways, right? So…”

“Oh you…” Rose chuckles at her friend’s malicious intent. “This girl helping you doing your job for free, huh?”

“Kind of sad that I didn’t get to do my thing in that room tomorrow, but… looking at this Erica girl doing her thing now, it’s actually more interesting than that, I‘ll say,”

“Never change, Jenny…” Rose just shook her head.

***

Coppertown...

Ed watches the news with great fear on his television. The appearance of this unknown caretaker late night was shocking to the entire population of Room 02, to say the least. Ed saw the cameraman on the TV catches a glimpse of the looming beautiful face above Acter, illuminated by the lights of their city. First, almost half of Acter got bulldozed underneath her humongous breasts, the white fabric covered ballistics had just claimed probably thousands of lives in there as well as flattened hundreds of buildings into nothing but debris beneath her. Aside from the reporter talk, there’s a lot of screaming noises came from the panicked residence of Acter, who are now attempt to run away for safety from this massive caretaker invading their town. Before long though, the screen turns static, obviously Acter is done now.

Then the ground shakes, Ed could feel it. The tremor grew stronger with each of her step and Ed already understood what this meant. Flashbacks when Jenny lay waste to the entire Rothwell into nothing hits Ed’s mind as he ran out from his apartment toward his car, ready to escape this town before its too late. Suddenly, bright flashing lights appeared above the entire city. Ed remembered, Coppertown tech group builds some kind of a beacon strapped into a rocket, and it is launched right now, hoping that this would divert the caretaker’s attention from Coppertown while they attempt to escape the town.

***

“Huh?” Erica noticed something flies out from the group of lights below into the air, it flew away from the area. Curious, Erica followed the tiny flashing light, took a few steps away from the group of lights. Suddenly, the light explodes, letting out an explosion loud enough that it startles Erica, causing her to lost balance and fell backward…

BOOM

Clouds of dust blow out into the air, Erica noticed some more crunching sound when she lands her butt into the ground below.

“Ow…”

Looking down, Erica realizes that she currently sitting on what was previously a dense group of lights, none of it glows now, seemingly pulverized by Erica’s accidental fall. Once again, Erica could only hope that none of this important. Besides, the door was unlocked, right? At least she could defend herself should anyone suspect her later. But that’s it, Erica think that’s already done enough trouble for tonight, it’s time to head back, she’s not even hungry anymore after all of this thrilling discovery.

Stood back up and dusting her rear end from the dust, Erica walks back toward the door, occasionally snuffing out the remaining lights below beneath her sneaker, hoping that nobody would notice her trespassing this area as she return to her bedroom…

***

Inside the CCTV room, Cameron is already there as well. After witnessing the complete annihilation of Coppertown underneath Erica’s rear end, no words could describe what Cameron just saw, she just put her hands on her hips, seemingly in a mix of impressed and horrified by this new recruit.

”WELL, she’s a natural, that’s for sure,” Cameron tried her best to give her opinion to Jenny and Rose.

“Guess there’s no need for any initiation anymore,” Jenny shrugged. “Now I can’t wait for tomorrow…”

“You’re something else, Cameron. You know that?” Rose just laughed. “First you got this Jenny girl, now Erica as well,”

“HEY, what’s that supposed to mean, dummy?” Jenny slapped Rose’s back.

“…and I’m proud of that fact myself!” Cameron yelled proudly.

***

The next morning…

Jenny is ready to guide Erica through various facilities in today’s tour. She decided to start from the rooms right away.

“Miss Jenny, what’s inside all this room?” Erica asked. Jenny tried her best to hold her laugh, remembering what she saw last night.

“So… inside this room there’s…”

“Hm?” Erica tiles her head.