- Text Size +

 

“Brent, this is simply unacceptable, five weeks overdue and our goal still not reached? Our clients yelling at me here day and night,”

“Miss Cameron, please. I know this is all my fault for misinterpreting our client’s request, but we’re here doing our best to fix all of this, that I could assure you,”

“I gave you literally more than a thousand of Rothwell population to help with this project, yet I couldn’t believe you still fucked it up. I’ve read all the reports from you and your resources and I believe my demands and requests are all reasonable. Hell, even your neighboring Acter City with these same weight of work, they could do well under all that pressure and actually achieve the targets in due time, with even more efficient resources,”

“Just give me more time, I beg of you. I already sets up all the timelines and resources that we need to…”

“Brent, enough,” Cameron changes her tone into lower volume. “After much consideration, me and the overseer council decided to take off the projects from your team and assigned it to someone else starting this very second. Now, I want you to gather all the work assets, databases, move it to transfer department, let them take care of things from there. As of now, you and the others over there are relieved from this project,”

“But miss…”

Phone ended. Cameron just sighed heavily on her desk, thinking about this whole trouble with the incompetent project coordinator. Dammit, she says. Brent might be not the brightest PC but she could tolerate that most of the times. Not today though, this is probably his worst mistake that costs the whole company’s profit. Performance-wise, Brent’s on the bottom of the chart and this one mistake won’t help him on the long run. Angry and frustrated, Cameron couldn’t even think about what should be done to this troublesome guy.

No, this won’t do. Cameron has been tracing all the reports back and forth for everyone that works in this one project. Turns out when compared to all the cities, safe to say they’re underperformed, didn’t met the current standard that has been established in her company. In other words… they’re worthless to her now. What to do, though? A simple purge? Evict everyone and exterminate them? It’s easy enough to do that for these microns, but she wanted to make sure many things first.

Rothwell located in Room 2, along with Acter and Coppertown. Rothwell is the first city that got build in Room 2 and finished in just a month after the opening of Room 2 while the other two cities are done a few months after Rothwell and a fourth city is still under construction. Looking on the performance report, Cameron actually surprised that despite the good performance, Acter and Coppertown are located in the bottom half of the performance ranks on the overall chart.

Thinking deep, at this point the judgment isn’t just based on the work performance, moral code came into Cameron’s mind, swirling around inside her head trying to come up with something about this whole mess about Rothwell. Lazy, incompetent, unreliable, negative words formed to describe Rothwell and all of its occupants. This city of 8,000 people couldn’t even generate money to her anymore. Ungrateful bastards, she thought…

They need to remember who gave them this shelter… those free housings, cheap foods…

That’s it. Authority’s back on the menu for this one case.

KNOCK KNOCK

“Come in,”

Jenny entered the CEO room. Suddenly, lightbulb appears inside Cameron’s mind.

***

09.00 PM

Nervous, confused, curious. Jenny walks through the corridor of the facility, remembering the conversation that she had with Cameron this afternoon.

“You want me to do what!?”

“Listen here, sit down… I got a situation with Rothwell on Room 2. Let’s just say… they’re no longer considered profitable by me and the overseers. This one’s different though, they’re actually gives negative to our overall financial performance currently and that’s never a good thing for us, isn’t it?”

“They’re that bad?”

“Very. At this point, it’s a red flag for me and my associates. I mean, come on, it’s already a basic rules since day one for these microns to give back after we’ve provides them everything from shelter to limitless life supplies. They’re not here to become a freeloader, it’s in agreement that they’re here to work if they want to live here,”

“But… you’re serious with this idea? Isn’t this a little too much?”

“Look… lemme keep it simple. All the cities in Room 2 are currently on the bottom half of the rank when it comes to performance review with Rothwell on dead last, so I think this would be our way of sending a message. If I’m doing this half-assed, they won’t get it and sooner or later I’ll be screwed again like this,”

“One question though; why me? I mean, Rose been here longer than me, I’m sure she’s more experienced,”

“Jenny, let’s just say… I know a thing about you when it comes to ‘handling’ microns…”

“…Rose told you, isn’t it?”

“Hey, don’t worry about it. Besides, tell me that felt good for you, eh?”

“Well… couldn’t deny that…”

“That is why, seeing that you’re turned out to be pretty good at this thing, I want you to be… let’s just say, ‘the messenger’, okay?”

Her experience with those micro buildings in her bedroom weeks ago, that was magical. But now, her reward today is something more unthinkable; an entire city for her own pleasure and for her to destroy, all without worry of any consequences. To think that her own body would be an unstoppable weapon for those pesky microns to handle, it’s once again generates a lot of wild imaginations inside her head. Before long though, Jenny found it; an automatic door reads ‘ROOM 02’.

***

“Brent, you there?”

“Jake? Come on in,”

Jake entered the office, a figure sitting down depressed on his own desk, clearly stressed out about something.

“You okay?”

“Far from it…” Brent just sighed. “I was managing one of the largest project in Room 2, but that one mistake two month ago bites me back and look what happened. Everyone’s lost their job thanks to me, dammit,”

“Brent, I know this might be not the right time, but haven’t you heard? Cameron pulled all of the projects from Rothwell just a few hours ago,”

“What?” Brent suddenly stand up from his office chair. “But… I thought the others are doing well?”

“That’s why we’re all confused, right now technically around 85% of Rothwell are laid off. The hell are you doing inside here? This news spreads fast!” Jake seems worried.

“I… I was… well…”

Jake quickly notices an empty bottle of alcoholic beverage on the counter near the desk. No wonder his breath reeks of alcohol.

“Dude… you’re that depressed, huh?

Suddenly, something on the window catches Jake’s attention. The bluish night light just disappeared. Looking outside, Jake couldn’t believe it; the usual night sky disappeared, replaced by a generic greenish wall with bright lamp light. Is something broken, Jake wondered. It’s already late though, would a caretaker fix this one? Looking down the street, Jake noticed more and more people tilt their head upwards, realizing that the night sky now transformed into generic wall and ceiling accompanied by white neon lights.

But soon enough, something else catches the attention for thousands of microns inside the room.

A naked girl, stood right on the door of the room, overseeing the whole room while her arms covering both boobs and crotch. Everyone’s already familiar with this girl; it’s Jenny, but why is she naked right now? What’s on her mind? Confusion spreads all over the microns in the room as they saw this usually shy caretaker now suddenly does a totally lewd display right in front of thousands…

***

Jenny knows that everyone’s must be asleep by now and Cameron already made sure that Jenny would be ‘alone’ tonight, no one would know this but the two of them as the next day Room 02 is going to be completely sealed while the power would keep running to keep the other cities staying alive. Despite already experienced with microns, Jenny still had doubts and questions lingering inside her mind. Is this totally an ethical thing to do? Would it change their view towards us? Yes, Rothwell has been disappointing and causing financial damage to this company, but to have this as their punishment, is this an equivalent exchange for their failure?

In the end, an order is absolute. Even if Jenny already knows Cameron well, she is still Jenny’s boss at the end of the day. Besides, Cameron trusts Jenny to do this instead of everyone else who had been working here longer than her, it should be a special privilege to her.

Dirty work? Not really, if you’re actually enjoying it.

Deep breath, eyes closed for a few seconds, feet planted firmly right at the entrance of Room 02, just few inches away from the microscopic forest area 5 inches below. Finished contemplating everything, Jenny opened her eyes, scanning the whole floor inside the room for the final time…

That’s Acter and Coppertown on the left side of the room, and that’s Rothwell on the right side, just maybe approximately 6-7 steps from the room entrance. No unnecessary visit to those other two towns for now, tonight’s objective is one and only…

Destroy Rothwell.

Jenny gently swings her left foot forward. The naked sole immediately covers miles and miles of the forest area, none of the trees could reach above even her pinky toe, many of them now all covered in shadow beneath the massive foot of Jenny.

THUD

First step landed, Jenny’s left foot immediately sunk deep into the soft soil, reducing any unfortunate trees caught beneath into splinters, compressing everything flat into nothing inside Jenny’s footprint. Looking ahead, Jenny could predict that she could maybe reach Rothwell in about five more steps…

***

Bill couldn’t believe it. Just few minutes ago he had just enjoying fixing another broken tractor from nearby farm. Suddenly the night sky disappeared and then a caretaker… no, a naked caretaker stood right on the entrance of Room 02. As if her presence already turned everyone attention, something unthinkable happened. The giant girl retreating her arms back to her sides, exposing the naked chest and crotch for all to see complete with her usual ‘professional’ face. Then, her left leg swings forward, landed right on a section of a forest. Well, multiple section of the forest. The single step sends light vibration on the small countryside town where Bill lives. Everyone is currently outside their homes and trailers, all with one exact same question: what the hell is she doing here?

As soon as the first step lands on the forest area, Bill just knows that this is not going to be good. Quickly he runs to his own garage and grabbed the ATV. Revving it up and hurriedly rides outside from the small town in which he resides into for two years. His own suspicion for the whole time came true tonight, these caretakers… they’ll abuse their power someday using the size advantage. Bill was agreed to do this because of his bad financial situation. But the shrinking part? Bill never expected that.

As everyone on the small countryside town still confused with everything that happened tonight, their thoughts quickly distracted as massive shadow engulfed the entire small town. Looking up, the white ceiling is now replaced by a sight of massive naked sole slowly descends right on their small town. It’s quickly becoming obvious that Jenny didn’t notice them, her sights only focused on Rothwell ahead. Previously quiet murmurs now replaced with scream of terror as the residence all running on multiple directions despite the futile attempt of escaping the miles long foot.

BOOM

It was quick, maybe painless death. But one thing for sure; no one survives underneath the massive right foot of Jenny. Any buildings, houses, cars, microns, all completely flattened inside Jenny’s footprint. Meanwhile, Bill slowly got back on his feet after being knocked down by the massive earthquake that shakes the whole ground around the small town. His ATV is upside down, some trees are toppled down by the force of that massive object that had just landed near him. As soon as his vision is recovered, Bill realized that he only a few meters away from where the massive foot landed. It sunk a few meters deep into the ground, what was previously a beautiful view of the forest and a small town now instantly crushed by a large flesh-colored wall.

Few seconds later, the right foot lifted once again, swinging its way into the next landing spot as the giant caretaker made her way into Rothwell. Bill couldn’t even utter anything, his mind spinning uncontrollably as he’d just realized that his whole town where he lives for two year is gone in an instant, it’s all just rubbles inside the miles long crater now, mixed with dirt and crushed trees. Everyone he knows, his neighbors, his farmer clients, his friend at bars, all gone just because this caretaker needed to land her foot somewhere in this room as she made her way into her destination ahead. For the first time in his life he felt so insignificant to these caretakers, million times bigger than him especially up close earlier...

***

Four steps later…

“And here it is…”

Looking back, Jenny saw the five footprints that she created during her trip to Rothwell. Jenny could only think if she accidentally steps on any unfortunate microns on her way here. Sure, she felt some different feeling when she lands her foot occasionally, felt like something gently crumbles like a cracker when she steps on it. Some countryside town, maybe? Well, Jenny didn’t worried much. Cameron already understand that some sacrifice had to be made for Jenny to carry the sentence to Rothwell.

Back to the front, Jenny saw it below her; Rothwell. The grey area spreads for maybe about the length of Jenny’s arm, and now she stood right at the edge of the city, probably flattening a few industrial areas and highway roads beneath her. Oh well, none of this matters anymore after tonight anyway…

Gently, Jenny crouches down, even her hips still floating miles above the ground for the microns below her. Resting her head and arms above her knees, Jenny slowly savoring the feeling of being a gigantic monster that’ll decide the fate of the shadow-covered town below her…